• Published 28th Mar 2015
  • 14,806 Views, 663 Comments

When lightning strikes... - FrostTheWolf



A boy wakes up in the world of the Power ponies as The Azure Striker; Gunvolt. However, if they see him as a hero or not is another story[Displaced story][Azure Striker Gunvolt/MLP crossover]

  • ...
65
 663
 14,806

PreviousChapters Next
Strike 49- Retribution (Part 2)

When Lightning Strikes- Retribution (Part 2)


The Next Morning

Just a few hours before Dawn, the Adept woke up a lot earlier than he would usually rise up in the morning. But it was for a good reason. Today was the day where they were to engage the Elder Siblings. Everything that he and his allies had been preparing for had been leading up to the battle that was about to unfold today. But it didn’t mean that he wasn’t allowed to take any extra precautions just to be on the safe side.

Going over to where his weapons were, he got himself dressed and made sure that his Dart Leader pistol was in proper working condition. That all the bolts he had could fire properly and that he also take out and dispose of the custom ones after his conversation with Lumen. He wanted to stick to the core fundamentals of how his powers worked along with not trying to use anything to make it seem like he was making things too easy.

He only needed his gun for the most part… and his blade just in case if he was disarmed of his primary weapon. The Adept had discovered that from his energy blade, he could actually channel his ‘Luxcaliber’ skill through it and wield the weapon as a two handed broadsword as long as he had the energy to expend… Then there was the katana he found as he was leaving Nathan’s world… which, to him, was still a mystery. Over the course of the year they were training in the time chamber, Lance thought that he could call upon the katana and summon it like any other weapon. But, that didn’t turn out to be the case.

His only assumption as of right now is that the katana was only to be summoned when it was necessary… or that the blade could only be called by it’s name, as that was the case with some… based on what he had seen with his friend Nicko and how he called upon the names of his swords before the weapon actually appeared moments later.

In any case, it was not just his weapons he needed to get ready, but also his skills and abilities. He needed to pay attention to the fact that, even though some of his new abilities did not need Skill cards like that of Luxcaliber or Galvanic Patch, some of his skills required more skill points than others. For example, Galvanic Renewal was a skill that can instantly heal all injuries that he might have sustained in combat, but it required two skill points unlike that of Galvanic Patch, in which only needed one and only healed a portion of his injuries. It was something that he had to think over and make sure that he needed to make sure all of the preparations were made.

But his thoughts were soon interrupted with knocking on his door. “Hey, Lance it’s Katy… Are you getting ready?” He took a moment to turn around and get the door, opening it so she could come on inside as he looked back at her.

“Yeah, I’m making sure my gear and everything is in order.” He told her as he holstered his pistol and went back to a few other items that were on the table that he was going through.

“Oh good… We won’t be leaving for a few hours… I just felt like I should ask you a few things is all?” She said, removing her helmet as she sat down on the bed. The Adept soon sat beside her. He turned to her, raising an eyebrow for a moment as he looked back at her.

“Katy, Suicune said we’ll be leaving at 8:00am and it’s right now 5:30. Besides, with the vision thing that Suicune had seen, I wanted to be as prepared as humanly possible.” He told her.

“Yeah I know… It’s just that I wanted to know what your world was like… and if I’d be accepted there? After everything we’ve been through I… I don’t want to leave you.” She said, placing her hand on his left cheek. Causing him to turn around as he looked back at her with a surprised look on his face.

“Wait… you want to come home with me?” He asked, surprised to hear that.

“I do… I really do! But if you don’t want me there… I- I can understand that.” She said looking away from the adept as a pink blush adorned her cheeks. Which, lead to him stopping for a second and placing his hand on her shoulder.

“Katy… I want you to come… I was just… surprised when you originally said the idea. Besides, there are a lot of other Displaced there too… some more crazier than others.” He said, going over to what looked like a contact lense case that was where the rest of his gear was and grabbing it.

“What are the Displaced there like? Are they anything like the Displaced that I came from?” She asked, tilting her head slightly. Lance himself smirked at that for a second before turning around, stopping what he was doing as he looked back at her.

“Well, that honestly depends on where I should start-” Before he could finish, she kissed his cheek before leaning on his shoulder.

“Just start at the beginning please?~” With that, the Adept sighed as he looked back at Katy and nodded his head. Looking back at her, he thought back to when he was originally displaced… and to the first time he found out of another displaced in his world.

“Well, to start off, my world isn’t exactly like the normal Equestria you would generally go too,” He stated, looking back at her. “To put it lightly, a lot of ponies, including Twilight and her friends, are superheroes. The Mane 6 there are like what you would possibly see as the Justice League or the Avengers, each one with different powers. In terms of displaced, my best friend Cody got displaced here as Copen, what would be considered as a rival, but he’s a pretty nice guy.” It was then that from his bracer, he showed two images. First one of the power ponies, second one being his friend.

“Wow… I didn’t think you had so many superhero friends Lance. It sounds awesome!” She said, giddy as she clapped her hands together.

“That’s… actually just the tip of the iceberg,” He said, now with an image of his Equestria popping up as there were several dots scattered in where some of the most major cities were. Including Manehattan, Maretropolis, Sun Fransokyo, Centrail City, and a few other locations. “See the dots on the map? Those were where different hero teams are located and where they operate. Some being young like the Cutie Mark Crusaders to the more experienced ones like Mane Hero 6. Ironically, one displaced I know is actually Hiro Hamada… and he made a pony BAYMAX.”

“So what is this… Red area?” She pointed out on his map, giving Lance a curious look.

“Oh that?” He asked, looking back at her with a raised eyebrow. “Well, that’s another group… yet, there’s a difference. Chrysalis back in my world runs a group of Anti-heroes called the League of Vigilante Justice… trust me, I don’t know who exactly came up with the name. It’s in this league though that I encountered two displaced that… well… are a bit different than what you might think.”

“Sounds rough… dealing with Chrysalis and her goons, but at the same time it sounds awesome… I mean you are superheroes fighting crime! I’ve always wanted to be a superhero!” She said, doing a superhero pose.

“Chrysalis and her group aren’t criminals. They’re… well, heroes that don’t always follow the law… not to mention that those two displaced that are with them have had it a bit rough themselves…” He said, thinking a bit before asking a question. “Are you familiar with Tokyo Ghoul?”

“I don’t think I have… Why?” She asked.

“Well, that’s the thing…” Lance spoke up as he looked back at her and changed the image to where it now showed two girls. “The two displaced I mentioned that are part of Chrysalis’ team, Kaoru and Touka, were displaced as Ghouls… Human like creatures that can only consume flesh to survive… it makes me feel bad for them since for one of them, she hates herself since she see’s herself as a monster now while her friend actually enjoys the new her. Not to mention the fact that Chrysalis herself has been through some hard times for herself too.

“Oh… that must be hard for her? I don’t think I could ever live with myself if I had to do that…” She said, biting her lip.

“I was originally going to check on them before Zsoltan called me here. I’m going to have to see how they’re doing once I get back,” He replied, looking back at her. “And this… is where things may get a bit silly… You ever heard of a pony being displaced before?”

“Yeah… I think you said something about Derpy when you were speaking with Lord Suicune?” Lance again nodded his head, this time pulling up an image of Derpy Hooves, her daughter Dinky and her niece Amethyst. Only with some very… noticeable differences. For one thing, Derpy herself was wearing a yellow hero costume with red gloves around her hooves, Dinky had a specialty backpack on her back and Amethyst herself was actually a cyborg.

“Yeah… There was a displaced Derpy along with her daughter and niece. However, each one takes up some of the characteristics of some of the characters in a manga back on earth called One Punch Man.” He explained to her.

“Aww man I loved that show!!! I remember when it aired during my sophomore year!” She replied, awestruck by what Lance just told her as the Adept sighed. That, to him, just made things a whole lot easier.

“Well, there’s another thing to mention too.” He said, going back a few images to the map and pointing out the green dot around Sun Fransokyo right next to Mane Hero 6. “In Sun Fransokyo… there’s actually a Hero’s Association set up there.”

“I have a question, did she ever fight Boros like Saitama did? Because that was one of my favorite fights.” She said with a light squee.

“I’m… not sure, but it’s likely something like that might happen eventually,” He sighed, chuckling a bit. “And now we get to the last part of the explanation for Displaced… family.”

“Okay… tell me all about them.” She said crossing her legs as she grinned at him. Giving him a light giggle.

“Well, to put it to you simply… there’s the good, the bad and the downright strange.” He chuckled. “To start, there’s my Aunt, Aya Brea. She’s in charge of MIST, which is a group that specializes in handling several… incidents that have popped up in New Yoke and Manehattan. That’s the good.”

“She sounds very nice… Okay oh yeah… Lumen said you had kids right? Mind telling me about them?” She asked.

“Hang in there… When I mean family, I mean my biological family first,” The Adept advised her, not showing an image of a cowboy with a metal arm smoking a cigar. “This is the bad… well, sort of. Once known as Brandon Walker and now goes by the name of McCree… and you won’t believe who he is in my family tree.”

“Cousin?” She guessed sheepishly.

“Nope… Father.” Katy’s eyes widen when she heard that. “Besides, I told you that my cousin is Sun Wukong at dinner last night.”

“I thought you had more than one~” She pouted from her own mistake. “Well who knows… you might have a cousin that you haven’t met yet. But jokes aside… he’s really your father?”

“Yes… the same one that, when I was seven, committed suicide due to a lot of depression… which is ironic, because right now, he’s part of the Suicide Squad.” He said, before looking back at her. “I’ll save that story for another time. In any case, there’s one more left… and you might be surprised by who it is.”

“Who?”

“My mom,” Lance told her, showing the final image that he had. “The Umbra Witch, Bayonetta. Trust me… I honestly was surprised by this too. The last I heard of her was when she died giving birth to me, but turns out, upon death, she was displaced and brought back to life by Roman. Owner of a bar named the Gates of Hell. Bayonetta’s job is to make sure that the angels from heaven and the demons from hell don’t try to interfere with the world of the living.”

“No… she isn’t-” She paused, gasping as she waited for the adept to respond.

“Is something wrong?” Lance then asked her, surprised by Katy’s reaction to seeing the picture he had of Bayonetta.

“She isn’t going to… kill me right because we’re… you know.” She said, wrapping her hand around the adept in fear for the worse.

“Actually… she won’t. In fact, when she heard of my relationship with Max and Seph, she thought of it as kinky and that I was one lucky man… I believe she’ll think the same with you.” He said, smiling and messing with her hair a little.

“Oh good… I was worried for a second anyways… We still have sometime since they Suicune told us to meet at 8:00~” She said, caressing his cheek with her hand. Causing him to sigh a bit as he looked back at her.

“What did you have in mind?” He said, looking at the clock to see that it had only been half an hour since they first started talking. He was still wanting to make sure that he got his lenses, pendant and ring on since each piece of equipment would amplify his powers and assist him in combat.

“Oh just a little fooling around in the bed before we go… we have two hours~” She said winking at the adept as she got into a sexy pose. “Also you don’t have to worry about Teal right now… she’s out cold and won’t be on till later.”

Lance thought of it for a moment, before deeply sighing as he looked back at her. “Why not?”


In Cobalion’s chambers onboard The Phoenix King, Lord Ozai’s prized ship, the Pokemon that was inside was preparing himself. To him, all he needed to do was focus and open up his senses to obtain true strength. For that was what his master taught him, but for now he had to serve this low life for the time being until the moment is right.

“Lord Ozai… you called for me?” the Pokemon asked.

“Yes… after months of fighting and conquering worlds… our final destination has arrived! A place that was once considered our home! Earth!” Ozai proclaimed triumphantly. However, Cobalion was not too amused by Ozai’s tone.

“My lord… forgive me for speaking out of term, but weren’t we supposed to enter Suicune’s new world?” Cobalion asked, only for the firebender to chuckle in response, turning to face the pokemon with a malicious grin.

“That was originally my intention, but I received a vision… A vision that will signify the beginning of my new empire and it’s at the heart of all Displaced. The planet called earth,” He told the Pokemon as he continued to speak. “It is where all displaced come from and once I find and harness the source… I’ll create a new world under my rule and displaced will be the only thing that’ll exist. It will be glorious!!”

Cobalion only saw the firebender as a delusional fool… there was no source of power for him to obtain there, but one thing was for sure was that his master has gotten his wish and soon, the border between the world of the displaced and the humans will shatter and the one named Shadowblade will reshape the multiverse in his image and the pokemon will be a god serving him.


“Ugh, how much longer are we suppose to wait? This is crazy!!” Lumen complained, trying to stay awake while on Lance’s shoulder. The Adept himself rolled his eyes as he looked back at Katy and the others. Everyone was now waiting on Suicune and Celestia, because once they arrive, the final battle will be upon them.

“I know what you mean Lumen, but I’m perfectly fine with waiting a little longer… Still need to catch my breath.” She said, turning to Lance with a blush adorned on her cheeks as the breezie gave them a curious glance.

“What did you two do anyways? Bang?” Lumen joked.

“More likely talked to get her familiar with some of the people back home.” Lance told her, adjusting his gloves a bit… before hearing a slight remark from Lumen on the matter.

“Shame… damn shame.” She said, causing Lance to roll her eyes a bit as Katy giggled. Shortly before noticing something. “Oh hey look, it’s the princess and her pet- MMPH!!” Before the breezie could say anything, Lance had to shush her before she would do anything stupid or embarrassing that would have Suicune tear him apart.

“Good morning everypony, I hope you all slept well.” Celestia asked.

“Me and the family slept well actually.” Nathan said cheerfully as he hugged his wife.

“Glad your doing well old friend… but where are your kids?” Suicune asked, noticing that his children weren’t around.

“Sleeping… they were up late last night playing on the beach. So we figured we’d let them sleep in.” Lance grinned for a moment. That ultimately explained why the first few hours were hard to try and get any sleep because of all the racket going on outside.

“Hehehe… I understand… Anyways I hope you are all ready for what is coming? I don’t know if I’ll see you all by the end of this… but I do know that the Elder siblings… every last one of them will fall today and their tyranny will end!” Suicune declared, stomping his paw towards the ground as he looked at his team of displaced. Many others, including Lumen, cheered in response, adding to the rallying cry as they got ready.

“You’ve pissed off the WRONG DISPLACED!!!” Lumen shouted at the top of her tiny lungs. “Show them NO MERCY!! I DESERVE SATISFACTION!!!” Which, in turn caused Lance to smack himself in the forehead because of the sheer idiocy of that comment.

“Lance… I’m going to tell you this once… Tell that Breezie to act like a mature adult or I’m having a snack for the road.” Suicune growled, licking his lips as he glared at the breezie.

“Uh… to be fair… I see Katy as a role model.” She said, causing Lance to glare at her before she retreated into Lance’s hair. “Shutting up now.”

“If I hear one peep out of you Lumen… I’m going to enjoy you… in my belly!” He roared only for the princess to sigh before giving him a quick peck on his cheek, calming the legendary pokemon as he grumbled under his breath, something about eating her once this was all over. He soon began to wave his paw in the air as it blue glow consumed it and a portal began to form before their very eyes.

I’m not tasty anyways…” Lance could hear Lumen whisper in his hair as he rolled his eyes and followed Suicune and Celestia.

“Lumen… I don’t think he’ll care… Lord Suicune practically eats anything that annoys him without hesitation. Trust me, just be quiet and you’ll get by just fine.” Katy said, patting the breezie on the head with her finger. That, to Lance, was the most wisest thing he heard Katy tell Lumen over the past few days. Especially with everything that had transpired since coming to the resort.

Now though, it was time to fight for the fate of all reality rested on their shoulders.

No pressure or anything.


Earth

After stepping through the portal, They had finally arrived. But where they were at was a different story. “So… where the hay are we?” Lumen asked, looking around them before speaking once more. “This looks like the Badlands… but much worse.” Lance himself was curious as well as he looked around, noticing a fallen road sign on the ground as he happened to pick it up. But what he found on it even surprised him.

Welcome to Death Valley

“Well brilliant… we landed right smack in the middle of the worst place to be when it’s likely that someone is going to get murdered… talk about karma trying to bite you in the ass.” The Adept groaned, looking back at everyone else and showing the sign. “Guys… look at this.”

“What?” Quicksilver asked as Pinkie soon leaped over him, landing right on the Adepts back, almost crushing him.

“What, what, what?!” She asked excitedly, taking off her eyepatch for a second to see what he was talking about. While the Adept was point out the sign… and what was obvious in that moment.

“Well… We’re in the middle of death valley…”

“And that is where exactly?” Lumen then asked. Only for Lance to reply back with a shrug.

“Ehh, somewhere in California.”

“That’s not very helpful,” Lumen deadpanned.

“Sounds fun!” The party pony said, putting her eyepatch on as she hopped off the adept, skipping to the speedster’s side.

“Lumen, I can’t be specific enough…” Lance sighed, rolling his eyes for a moment. “It’s somewhere… in California.”

“But where?” The breezie insisted.

Somewhere… besides, shouldn’t there be something else that we should be worrying about? Like, why do I feel that something’s behind me-.” It was when the Adept began to turn around though… that he felt like he was about to eat the words he just said. “Oh, son of a b*tch……”

Just as everyone looked in the adepts direction they see a large army of Prometheans just a hundred feet away from them, charging closer to them.

“Alright… looks like the first waves coming in.” Nathan said as his arm cannon loaded up and Katy’s Suit formed around her wings sprouted from the back.

“Let’s finish this together Lance!” She shouted, hovering a few feet of the ground with her hand extended out, waiting for the adept to respond. The Adept himself loaded up his gun, but he wasn’t so quick to fire… He was analyzing the group of soldiers in front of them, trying to see what exactly was the Elder’s play here.

“So they’re trying to weaken us all down by throwing the expendable ones at us, then try to kill us when we are tired… Clever bastards.” Lance cursed. “We’ll need to deal with them all at once. Any ideas?”

“We’ll need to deal with them quickly… Seeing that they’ve sent out hundreds of them I’ll need to take care of them in one fell swoop… But I need you all to stand back for a moment. Things will get ugly after my transformation.” Suicune said growling as he stepped forward, glaring at the enemy that was closing in on them. Lance didn’t know what he meant by transformation, but he nodded and stepped back with Katy floating beside him. Soon the pokemon’s body began glow brightly, but it was different from when he displayed his power previously… his body was consumed by red light and his power had skyrocketed beyond anything he has sensed before.

It was almost blinding, but when the light show had ended, what stood before them was someone completely different. “This is my most powerful form… My mega evolution!!!”

“Seriously? That’s a thing-?” Lumen asked, before being flicked by Lance in the process. “Oww! Hey!!”

“If you anger him, he’ll really swallow you.” The Adept reminded, causing Lumen to swallow the lump in her throat before retreating in Lance’s hair.

“NOW… BEGONE EVIL DOERS!!! AIR SLASH!!!” Suicune roared, waving his paw in the air and with a quick swipe in the air, a massive and powerful wave of energy that incinerated most of the Promethan’s closing in on them, while the rest were damaged badly.

“This everypony is Suicune’s true power… One of the reasons why he never uses it against normal displaced like you.” Celestia explained, still astonished by the legendary pokemon’s display of power.

“That takes care of most of them… the rest should be weakened enough for you to deal with… I will not engage when you are on the battlefield… I don’t want to harm any of you and if I do fight out there, stay clear of my path!” Suicune ordered.

“Alright, but I call dibs on the pokemon that looks like a wannabe deer.” Lance smirked. “I have a score to settle with him.”

“Let’s take care of these guys first, okay Lance?” Katy said offering her hand out towards the adept. He nodded, but still wanting to make sure that when Cobalion showed himself… that he finished what he started. “Well grab my hand then… we’re going up!”

“Wait, what?” Before he could say anything she grabbed his hand and took flight into the air. “Woah woah woah! What are you doing!?!”

“Getting us closer to the battlefield while the others are on the ground. I’m going to drop you and you slam them all with your… uhh what was your attack again?” She asked sheepishly as she flew them closer in.

“BUTT SLAM!” Lumen shouted.

“I don’t even have anything like that!!” The Adept snapped, looking back at them. “Nevermind, I’ll improvise.”

“Alright Lance… Let’s see… I can land us close in and we take them together.” She suggested.

“Alright, but leave Cobalion to me… He’s got a lot to answer for.” Lance told her, arming himself with his pistol at the ready.

“Alright then let’s go!” She shouted as the rocket boosters from her wings propelled them faster as they closed in on the remaining prometheans and it didn’t take long for Nathan and the others to arrive on the scene, engaging the enemy at full force.

Yet, when Lance found himself directly over them… He got an idea. Letting go of Katy’s hand, electricity began to channel around his hands as he began to drop down on the unsuspecting prometheans. The shockwave that resulted from him landing dead center in one pack of prometheans was just only part of the first attack he had in place. The second part was when he began to channel more of his septima around his fingertips and speak almost in a Haiku like format.

Bolts of Rebellion/ A Thunderous voice in his heart/ Speaks of one true law

It was from this that the ground erupted below the prometheans as multiple chains of lightning began to spawn. Large in size as the discharge from the attack wiped out a huge portion of the prometheans at where he landed, but not all of them. “That’s a start at least.”

The adept soon saw how Quicksilver shredded through a lot of the damaged promethean's as they tried to shoot at him but failed as he punched his way through them. He couldn’t help but grin when stopped in place as Pinkie Pie hopped off his back carrying a grenade launcher which was shocking since she’s harmless… Lance figured that was how she in dystopian future he had visited first. “Eat cupcake grenades, son!”

Pinkie soon fired off three cupcakes that looked like they had something long sticking out of them. By the time they hit the ground beneath the prometheans erupted in a large fiery explosion taking over a dozen out. Lance and Lumen wondered how was she able to make exploding cupcakes, but they’re attention was soon on Nathan and Katy. Nathan was firing a barrage of plasma beams at his enemy as Katy tore them apart with her bare hands and what surprised them all was how Teal and Katy began to grow, bulking up her muscles and her size as well. “Nice work Teal… Let’s kick their asses now!”

And she meant that literally as prometheans blasted her with their assault rifles but they bounced right off her as she kicked one of them in particular in a place that should never be kicked before destroying it. Yet, Lance knew that there was still a lot of work to be done, even with the possibility that the destruction they’re causing right now was bound to attract some attention.

“Are you going to stand there or are you going to fight Lance Walker!” The adept soon turned around to see Hit glaring at him as he watched from behind as a Promethean that was crawling attempted to blast Lance from the back only for the assassin’s fist to extend out with blinding speed, and the promethean’s skull shattered to pieces. The Adept rolled his eyes, taking out his energy blade and dicing the next two prometheans he saw to pieces while firing at others using a combination of his Vasuki bolt clip and also his septima.

It didn’t take long until they had all defeated the remaining prometheans. If it wasn’t for Suicune’s power, they would have been overwhelmed by the numbers, but they did managed at the very least. Still Lance and Lumen knew this was only the first wave of enemies for them to deal with. By the time they had all gathered together a voice echoed through their minds.

‘Very good… you have all exceeded my expectations and I have to say… THAT WAS AWESOME!!!’ And just like that Lance recognized that voice when from Nathan’s world. Yet, the Adept, despite knowing the voice, didn’t let that part distract him as he still managed to cut through the first wave. Yet, it was by the time that the first wave had diminished that the second wave had began to roll in… along with a few other faces added to the mix. But what he didn’t expect was to see the old man in the black cloak from before, floating above them. “I must say you put on an amazing show! It gave me chills!”

“Uh… Who’s the creepy grandpa?” Lumen asked.

“Who are you calling… Grandpa?!” His voice changed when he said that, sounding younger. “I am wounded that you would call me that! But I am in disguise right now… SO I shall show you all my true form!!” Soon with a flick of his finger the sun was soon blocked by the moon, creating an eclipse before taking off his cloak and his elderly body began to change as pure white demon appeared before them with shadowy wings. “The names Shadowblade… but you can call me you new lord and master for all eternity! Hahahaha… totally stole that line from gravity falls! No regrets!”

“You just had to call him that, didn’t you?” Lance then asked, looking at Lumen.

“What, he was an old guy wearing a black cloak and being rather suspicious. Aren’t those reasonable concerns for stranger danger?!” Lumen snapped. The Adept definitely remembered this jerk. It was the same one that was trying to screw with him in his mind and also try to have him kill Suicune to steal his power. Now he was in his true form… and looked rather ugly as hell now that he was seeing his real form.

You know it’s rude to call me ugly! I am the most handsomest being in the multiverse authors!! He shouted as his smile grew very large.

“Oh dear Celestia, he’s just as bad as Captain Goodguy…” Lumen groaned. “Someone shoot him already…”

Okay nice come back little bug… No seriously, that was actually good.” He turned away from them before facing them once again. “Anyways back to the matter at hand… I’ve spent a lot of time preparing for this moment! Took a lot of bodies too and since I’m in such a good mood… I’ll take the weight off all of you and let’s all have a battle royale!!

“…… Can someone get to the part where he stops monologuing to himself? He’s now worse than Captain Goodguy.” Lumen grumbled.

Oh him… yeah he’s one of those guys I killed a while back… Not your one, but still… I’ve always hated those draconequus. They are always a buzz kill for me. Anyways I am willing to give you all a chance to fight on even grounds because everyone loves epic showdowns right?!

The Adept was really beginning to tune out this guy. It almost sounded like of Radiance was reading her diary to him and trying to sound rather overdramatic about every little detail. “Do you have a mute button? If so, I recommend using it.” Lance groaned, glaring back at him. All that did was just make Shadowblade roll… whatever he had for eyes as someone else was beginning to stand next to him as he sat down casually on a cliff without a care in the world.

Hmm… How about we mute you for a bit!” He said snapping his fingers as the adept had now lost his voice. “Don’t worry people out there… he’ll have his voice back when I summon my team of evil villains! For this will be the last battle you’ll ever fight.

Even though Lance had lost his voice in that moment… Lumen didn’t. “Yeah, because after we beat your b*tch ass so hard, it’ll make all other b*tch ass villains be forced to retire in b*tch ass shame… Specifically, on the b*tch ass retirement plan… named after you, you b*tch ass!!!”

That… made almost everything silent. Even Lance was surprised to hear Lumen say that personally. He knew that over the course of their time in Suicune’s domain that Lumen had been maturing over time… but he didn’t think that it would get to the point that she would start hurling insults at other people. Especially since her size made her an easy target… the fact that she was glowing a bit more than normal didn’t help either.

You dare insult me! .......... Eh. Honestly, that was a good one not going to lie. That one actually hurt my feelings.” He said as a single tear stained his right cheek. “But now’s the time! Let’s see how well my first displaced Suicune and his team fare against my team of super enhanced elders and…. The BIG FI-!!!

“Blah blah blah WE GET THE F*CKING POINT ALREADY!!! It was then that Lance felt like he could speak again as he turned to Lumen and asked her something.

“Uhh… what’s up with the glowing?”

“Well, as it turns out, my powers almost act like a mood ring based on size. And right now it’s saying I’m currently pissed off at a b*tch ass p*ssycat of a displaced who can’t shut the hell up to save his life.” Lumen grumbled. “Let’s trash these guys.”

“That was already the plan.”

“Lance… remember to leave the elders to us! It’s my fault they are here and I am the one that needs to end this!” Suicune said as he glared at Shadowblade who snapped his fingers and before they knew it they weren’t in death valley anymore, but on the golden gate bridge where the elders, and the mysterious big five were standing. Strangely enough there weren’t any people around for some odd reason.

“How did we get here and where’s everyone else-” Katy was about to finish until the frost demon interrupted with a laugh.

We’re on the golden gate bridge in a separate dimension and whatever happens here will affect the real world in the process! Now, I’m lead to believe that you're familiar with your fellow siblings correct Suicune?!

Suicune remembered as he glared at Ozai, Elysium, and Yasha, growling at them for betraying him and trying to force him to be like them, just because of the oath he had made four thousand years ago. “How could I forget!”

“Still waiting for the part where we actually fi-.” Lumen groaned, before Lance flicked her again as she then kept her mouth shut.

“You know I’ve been wanting to crush that little bug and that man named Gunvolt!” Cobalion said, smirking in the distance as four figures in hoods stood beside him.

“Cobalion… I swear you’ll regret for what you did to me!” Katy shouted, pulling Lance to her side. “And this handsome devil is going to put you in your place!”

Not helping me with my confidence here…” Lance thought mentally as he prepped his weapon again, but he couldn’t help but wonder who were the others standing at his side.

“Suicune! You still have a chance to redeem yourself and join us! To live as a god once again!” Yasha said, taking his mask off only for Pinkie to start blushing as she kept saying hamana, hamana over again.

Okay, these guys don’t seem right in the head at all… but something doesn’t add up.” He thought to himself. From what Katy told him a long time ago, the elders acted a lot differently than they were right now.

“I WILL NEVER JOIN YOU SICK TWISTED PSYCHOS!!!” Suicune roared being the first one to engage in the battle as Celestia and Hit followed, but before Lance and the others could do anything Shadowblade had once again snapped his fingers and they weren’t on the bridge anymore but in the city of Los Angeles.

You all didn’t think you’d be there with them? They are on a different level and the chaos and destruction they’ll cause will be plenty over their. So I’ll be over there watching the real battle while my Big Five have fun playing with all of you!” Shadowblade said before warping out of there as his laughter echoed throughout the city. Leaving everyone else alone with the big five.

“Now that our master is gone… we can actually have some fun!” One of them said, taking of his robe to reveal what appeared to be Yellow Radio, but his body was purple now. “I’ve been wanting to test out my new powers!”

“Of course, all of us have been wanting a crack at this so called… team the master has been talking about.” Another one said, taking of his robe to reveal Warden Eternal as he pulled out a massive sword as he summoned two clones to his side.

“I shall deal with the speedster! His speed will be mine!” The next one revealed himself as Zoom from The Flash.

And things just went from weird to flatout crazy in less than a flash… brilliant…” The Adept rolled his eyes, before glaring at where Cobalion was. “And there you are…”

The final member, who was the largest of them all, responded with weird sounds as he took his cloak to reveal Magetta the metal man.

“ …… Who the actual fu-?” Lance was going to finish his sentence, before someone else cut in.

“Uh… mind taking him Nathan?” Quicksilver asked. However, before the Adept could process anything, that was when his opponent decided to make his move.

“All of you deal with these runts! This Gunvolt is mine!” Cobalion shouted turning into a black mist and speeding towards the adepts direction, whisking him away from the others.

“Lanc-” Quick tried to go after only to be punch to the ground by Zoom.

“Not so Fast. You are fighting me!” Zoom said, and before they all knew it the other members of the big five had engaged with Suicune’s team for the battle to decide the fate of the universe.


Lance could not see a thing shortly after seeing what happened to his comrade as he looked around and tried to see what was going on. He felt as if he was fighting blind here with all the smoke around him as he tried to form a plan about how to handle Cobalion. The last time he found him, Cobalion had not only control of Pokemon moves like the character he was displaced as, but also shadow based powers.

Some of those being demonstrated now as he tried to use his own powers to see where he was and what the hell was going on. But judging from the fact that any chance to see anything didn’t work, it only seemed logical that Cobalion knew what he was doing… and beating him required a different plan of attack… other than attack of course.

But before he could do anything, he was soon dropped into an alleyway and soon the Pokemon reformed once again into his original form once again. “Now that they are all out of the way… we can get down to business… Tell me, why do fight for someone who betrayed his own people? Why follow someone who murdered the one who could have brought us to a better age.”

Lance thought it over, only to shake his head and glaring back at him. “People should be given the right to choose what they want to do in their lives instead of having it be chosen for them. Freedom of choice is a right, no matter where you are… You’re just too blind to see for yourself.”

“And yet, because of him… Amaterasu is dead! She didn’t have a choice and because of that bastard, she’s gone! But I shall avenge her death!” He shouted as tendrils lashed out from behind the pokemon at the adept. The Adept used his energy to clash with the tendril and repel it back. While also following up with a counter argument.

“But have you asked yourself is vengeance what she really wanted… or is that Shadowblade creep messing with your mind to make you think that’s what she wanted…”

“She would have wanted to live! It should have been him! Not her and even if I have to work with a demon to gain the power to slay the traitor than I’m willing to sacrifice everything to avenge her death! You wouldn’t understand… but I can tell you by the end of this… you’ll feel that same pain I felt when I was with them 4000 years ago.” He stated as his body began to change once again, but it was something different. He was no longer a Pokemon, but… A Human.

Yet… the Adept’s tone remained unchanged. “Pity that you can’t see the flaw in your own reasoning… You sold your soul away and now you are nothing more than a puppet being used by Shadowblade… I got nothing more to say to you.”

“That is where you are wrong… Shadowblade doesn’t take anything away… he offers you power and is willing to make you a god as long as you serve him for how long he wants. Besides you’ll know my pain… and once you feel it you’ll be just like ME!” He said, kicking Lance in his stomach with incredible speed before firing a shadow ball directly into his face. The Adept felt the shot to the chest, but the fireball he avoided due to his prevasion ability as he retaliated with a stronger bolt of lightning. However, instead of saying anything to him, Lance stayed silent. That way… he would let their abilities do the talking more than their words.

Cobalion didn’t look pleased as six tendrils came from his back lashing out at the adept with full force, but Lance dodged them as he focused on trying to find an opening within Cobalion’s rage and fury to strike. Unfortunately… and unknown to the adept… such an opening was impossible in his current state. He had to focus on just dodging his attacks, using his flashfield in order to protect himself in some cases.

However… doing so for so long did not come without its limits and after a few moments, Lance’s EP was depleted and he needed to recharge. “Oh, come on!”

“Take this!!!” He shouted, creating six orbs of shadow balls and firing them in all directions, striking the adept from all angles before being punched repeatedly over and over by Cobalion’s fists only to receive a surprise jab across his face, causing to fall over as Lance put some distance between him. “Lucky shot… But this is far from over and you’ve only witnessed my shadow spells in action… How about we change things up a bit?”

The only thing that Cobalion was not aware of in that moment was where the Adept was positioned… and at the end of the alleyway was something to get Lance’s head back in the game. As Cobalion casted his next spell, the adept used his gun to not shoot at him, but at a powerbox that was on the wall, breaking off the cover before shoving his left hand in it and draining the electricity from it as the lights flickered about Cobalion.

He noticed this and created an orb of water from his palms and fired it, but not directly at Lance, but the fusebox he was trying to gain energy from, causing it to explode. “You siphoned all the energy you’re going to in this fight Gunvolt… I think you have enough pilfered goods. So fight me like a man!!! Or are you going to continue to take more energy so you can over power me?”

“Look who’s talking…” Lance coughed for a moment, but grinned a little. “You might have cut me off there, but I also figured out one thing… Your ‘spells’ and the power from it are a borrowed source aren’t they?” This was just a theory for him since he felt the energy from Cobalion be similar to that of Shadowblade. Only when did he use the water ability just now did it’s power differ from before.

“In the beginning Lord Shadowblade gifted me with the powers of darkness… Only difference is I improved them and made them my own with years of training! Because of my training my power has grown. But my water attacks and everything else I’ve had were mine to begin with… where you have to rely on cheap toys and parlor tricks to defeat an opponent, Where I rely on both brains and power to win my battles.” He said with a light chuckle before his hand extended out and Lance was push back into the wall by an unknown force.

Oh crap… this guy thinks the same way I do… brains and brawn… however, he’s had years of experience… Come on, there needs to be some weakness to this guy…” He thought, just as he tried to think of something to take Cobalion by surprise… “Hmm… maybe… no, he would catch on before I even try that. Crap!” Which in turn, lead to Lance having to use his abilities to transmit himself on top of a building. “Though… how far can his powers reach?

Cobalion saw how he was trying to escape and he created a disk of water and launched through the building, making a clean slice through it before erupting into a massive explosion. As it exploded, Lance used his instant transmission again to get farther away from him. Cobalion noticed this and created two shadow balls in his hands and sending them after the Adept. In which Lance felt that an opportunity had been created for him to enact on.

But first… there was when the shadows balls hit their target… causing Cobalion to smirk as a cloud of smoke erupted from where his attacks struck. He was expecting to see a body as he got closer to it… but instead saw a orb of electricity just standing still. Not knowing what was going on as he tried to see if there was anything off.

Yet, that part was only a diversion. The moment that he turned around though was when he saw the adept and what he was really planning as the crackling of electricity filled the air. Taking the form of a giant blade as he glared at him as a blue energy began to form not just around him, but also around his companion… something he had seen before. “Luxcaliber… LAUNCHER!!”

Which soon lead to that same electric blade coming straight at him at unknown speeds. But what happened next did not have the outcome he had hopped backwards… into the orb of electricity that was still there. The Adept had placed it there so if Cobalion would try to escape, he would run into the orb first and get struck by it… providing enough time for his attack to reach him. But when he struck the orb, the electricity began to flow through his body as he extended his hand out and sending it directly towards the adept, striking him to the ground while Cobalion morphed into a black mist and dodged his Luxcaliber.

“An admirable attempt… You almost had me for a second there, but I learned a move from a water bender on how to redirect lightning back at my opponents… Still though, I know how you get your powers.” He said as his tendrils grabbed Lance from his arms and legs and hoisted him into the air as Cobalion floated to him with a smirk. “And it all has to do with… HER!”

He reached for his hair and pulled out the little breezie into his hand. Lumen herself was shocked by this and tried her hardest at breaking free, even going as far as trying to bite Cobalion’s fingers to no avail. “Let me GO, jackass!!”

Lance could only do nothing as he struggled to break free. “Leave Lumen alone!!”

“You say that… we have a choice to live right?! Well tell me this?! Does your pet here have the choice now!” Cobalion held her tightly in his fist, almost suffocating her.

“You son of a b*tch! You hurt her and I will kill you where you stand!!!” He yelled. Even though he wouldn’t kill back in his home world, he knew that Lumen’s life was at risk… and that he had to do anything he could in order to try and save her.

“Now… You will know… how I felt when Amaterasu died in front of me.”

“L-lance?”

“Lumen-!”

And with a snap of his thumb, the little Breezie’s neck broke as tears ran down her lifeless eyes. After everything they have been through, Lumen had met her end and Cobalion only smirked as he placed his hand over Lance’s chest. “You put up a good fight… but this is…” He said as a hand began to glow. “Where our battle ENDS!!!”

And with a powerful blast of dark magic, he shot the adept towards the ground. “Rest in peace with you friend… Now you know how it feels to loose someone you care about.” He said dropping the breezie atop of Lance as he left to take care of the others.

Lance… felt like he lost a part inside of him. Lumen… his friend since they first arrived… was gone. As her body fell into his hands, the adept felt as if he was to blame for putting her through this. Putting her in danger… and now she had to pay the price.

He could only be able to stand on his knees as he took the body of his fallen muse and place it where his heart was. “L-lumen… I’m so sorry… I’m sorry for putting you through this… Without you, I’m lost… Without you… I’m alone.”

However, it was then that he felt something… revive him. Bring him back from the brink… something he remembered from all the times before… It was the song. The Anthem… Lumen’s Anthem.

It was then that he realized something… Though gone, a part of Lumen lived on inside of him. Her Septima, the Muse… it was her gift to him. For a moment, he thought he heard her speak. ‘You aren’t alone, Lance… no matter what happens, I’ll always be here for you and will always fight by your side. No matter the foe or the obstacle, we’ll overcome it together.

The blue energy from the muse now flowed all around him, filling him with more power than he ever thought possible. Unknown to the Adept, the end of his braid was also changing color, taking on the form of a faded blue shade. However, his focus right now was to Cobalion… and stopping him before he could harm anyone else.

Opening his eyes was when he took off, following the faint trail of energy left behind by Cobalion as he chased after him in pursuit. Not planning on him getting away as he soon found where the others were… and where Cobalion is too.

Just as Lance was about to make his way towards the others, four massive spheres of light clashed in the air ferociously and he noticed that everyone was now fighting in the city. He saw how Zoom and Quicksilver raced across the city as Katy clashed blades with the Warden and Pinkie was able to hold her own against Yellow Radio. Even if no one was caught in the crossfire… the city was getting destroyed and everything they do there will affect the real world in the process.

But his focus was on the four spheres in the sky and he able to catch a glimpse of both Yasha and Suicune clashing together until his mentor was able to strike down the Elder into a building as he began to charge up a hyper beam attack only to be stabbed in the shoulder by Elysium’s sword, causing him to roar out in pain. Lance wanted to go and help, but before he could Celestia tackled the angel to the ground with great speed as the pokemon pulled out her sword.

“We gave you a chance Suicune… Now you’ll face justice… Brother!” Yasha said as his hand was consumed by a blue aura and with blinding speed, he struck the pokemon through his chest. Suicune could only roar as he spat out blood and his red aura began to dissipate as his eyes began to turn black before Yasha pulled his hand out and letting the Pokemon fall to the ground, but before he could savor the victory, Celestia appeared behind him and slashed her sword down the middle before vaporizing him with her magic as Yasha only smiled. “I… can finally be with you again… Amaterasu.”

“SUICUNE!!!” Celestia cried out as she flew down to catch him, only for Elysium to punch her across her muzzle.

“YOU’LL PAY FOR WHAT YOU DID TO YASHA!!!” She shouted only enraging the alicorn as the two continued to fight as the pokemon began to revert back to his normal form. Lance wanted to help him, but Katy was struck down by Cobalion and the Warden.

He saw The Warden tread to her with weapons in hand, but that was when Lance made a move. With his blade in hand, he disarmed the Warden… literally and threw the weapon the promethean originally had in Katy’s general direction. Allowing her to go for the kill just as he turned to stare down Cobalion. Whose eyes widened upon seeing the adept’s return to the battlefield. He was sure to have left him for dead… but how he was standing here seemed… almost impossible.

“H-how the hell are you still alive!?!” He shouted in anger as he gritted his teeth, forming tendrils around him. “I’ll tear you to pieces if that’s what it takes to kill you!”

Cobalion’s tendrils attempted to strike the adept, only for Lance to arm himself with his energy blade as it glowed brighter than before. Yet, what Cobalion did not anticipate was that with a couple of slashes from the Adept, the tendrils he once had were severed as the pieces that fell to the ground shriveled up and turned to shadow and ash.

“Impossible! How?” Cobalion shouted as he fired off multiple spheres of shadow ball, only for the adept to deflect them all with his sword which in turn only frustrated him more as he formed two water disks in his hands. “Take this, you Bastard!!!”

It was when these disks were hurled towards him that the adept disappeared in the blink of an eye, causing the disks to miss and hit one of Cobalion’s allies while Lance himself got in close and precisely slashed as Cobalion’s right arm. Injuring it and causing him to flinch in pain from the blow that was received.

“GAH!!!” He screamed in pain as he fell to his knees and just as Lance was about to finish him off with his blade. Shadowblade had stepped in, grabbing it with two fingers.

You didn’t think it would end like that did you? He’s very important to me… almost as much as Suicune over there. So… I plan to even the playing field.” He said, throwing the adept a few feet away from them before he turned to Cobalion. “Oh come on! He shouldn’t be this difficult for you to defeat… Even Warden is putting up a better fight over there!

“I’m sorry… I-” The pokemon protested… before Shadowblade cut him off.

Sorry doesn’t cut it here! Besides, everyone out there is watching… Now Cobalion!!! You will take my gift and you’ll be stronger than any displaced in history!!!” Soon Cobalion’s body began to be consumed by shadows and whatever bit of humanity he had left had been overtaken by the darkness, giving birth to a new warrior of shadows. “Now Claim my new world!

And just like that Shadowblade had vanish once again, leaving the two alone with Cobalion’s newfound power as his voice echoed through out the air. “I will consume your light… GUNVOLT!!!” He shouted as a large shadowy blade formed in his hands.

However… it was now then that a bright light began to resonate from Lance’s right hand as he looked at it and began to hear a voice he remembered from before. ‘It is time for you… to fulfill your destiny… Lance Walker… Take my gift and end this battle. Set him free!’

I will…’ He simply thought, extending his hand forward. Only saying one word as the light began to take on a physical form. “Masayoshi”

The light now formed into the same katana that he had once found before… but the sheath for it was no longer needed. The blade of the weapon glowed alongside the adept’s strength and power as he firmly gripped it in his hands. Both warriors charged at one another with everything they had. Swinging their blades to try and defeat the opponent that was coming at them.

However, only one could remain victorious. “GO TO HELL YOU GUNVOLT-!!” Cobalion roared, all the while Lance did not say anything and focused on what was in front of him. As the two blades were to clash, the adept place all the remaining amount of power he had into one last strike. One last strike to end this… for good.

It was all that was needed in order for him to cut through the shadows… and cleanse the soul with the light that he was wielding. And now was when the Adept actually spoke.

“Anger… gives hatred without purpose… May your soul find peace.” The blade he had was there no longer… and his opponent had fallen. The colossal shadow falling forward and collapsed on the ground behind him.

Cobalion turned his head towards the adept, giving a slight smirk as his body began to disappear into the light. “Thank you… Lance Walker.”

The Adept was surprised by this… not sure what to think of it… but as everything around him finally came back to normal along with the city around him, he was only able to see both Princess Celestia and Katy for a minute with the remaining members of the big five captured… before his vision faded and he blacked out.

NO, NO, NO, NO!!! This isn’t how my script was written!!! Now I will erase all of you and take my rightful place as God of Everything!!! NOW DIE!!!” He said, ready to snap his fingers only for him to freeze when a mysterious voice speaks up.

“You know… You’re missing something…” A feminine voice said, garbled by something in her mouth. “You need an apple to bite… Makes you look like an asshole.” She said, taking a bite of what sounded like an apple as she appeared, reading a book in one hand while holding a half eaten apple in the other. She had green eyes and black hair, wearing a black and white dress.

“Ya know, I don’t take too kindly to Void Dwellers messing with my play things…” She added, looking annoyed. “So… What’s your name again?”

It’s Shadowblade hot stuff… What brings you here? I’m kinda busy you know… trying to kill these guys, enslave the multiverse… you know the fun stuff?” Shadowblade laughed as he flew up to face this new stranger. “You know it’s rude to ignore a god?!”

“So, stop ignoring me.” She said in a bored tone. “Shadowblade… Are you serious? And I thought my kids names were dumb.”

Hehehe… Well, it’s an original name… Better than anything those other void dwellers could come up with… Speaking of names… What is yours?” He asked, swinging his sword around as he yawned.

“Most people call me The Alice. But you can call me Alice Wonder.” The woman said, a small smile on her face. “I used to love Alice in Wonderland when I was made… It was a story that made no sense and was proud of it… There was this one part…” Suddenly, Shadowblade’s eye popped out of it’s socket. “Where Alice steals a creatures eye…”

That’s very sad… Almost makes me want to cry-” Alice then send a blade through his eye socket, causing blood to gush out like a fountain. “AHHHHHH!!! THAT HURTS….I’m Dying…. Hahahahahaha! Nice try.” He said as his eye regenerated.

“Yeah, it wasn’t a try…” Alice said.

Do you really think you can kill me? The whole world knows what I can do… I control Space, Matter, and now that stupid Ghidorah is out of the way, Time itself… How do you plan to stop me… Hot stuff?” He said, poking her nose as he hollered with laughter.

“By taking your power away…” Alice said. “You see, Lance is mine… I don’t like other kids playing with my things. So, you rough my toy up, I don’t pretend to be nice.” Alice then sent her hand into Shadowblade’s chest, and an odd feeling entered him.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME?!!!

“Taking the power you stole, hot stuff.” She said. After a moment, she pulled her hand out of his chest, before tearing his head off of his body like it was paper. “Well, I suppose that’s that. You still alive, Shadowblade?”

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! EVEN IF I’M GONE… MY EVIL HAS ALREADY TAINTED THE MULTIVERSE… NOTHING WILL EVER BE THE SAME… ALSO BEWARE OF THE NIGHTMARE!!! HOT STUFF!!!” He said, licking her cheek before she stuffed him into a cooler that wasn’t there before, and then poked the body, which made it evaporate.

“Weirdo…” Alice mumbled. “He won’t call me hot stuff next month…” She then turned and walked to Lance.

“Stay back or else!” Katy said, getting into a defensive position, preventing her from getting any closer to her lover.

“Or else what? I just beat the guy you tried to kill without even trying. Honestly, that was a weak punch.” Alice grunted in annoyance.

Katy herself was beyond confused at this point… but only had one question to ask the strange woman. “Who are you? And how exactly do you know Lance?”

“Alice Wonder, like I said. And I’ve known Lance since before he was born…” Alice Wonder said, smirking. “You could say I know him more than you or even he knows himself…”

“Katy… Let her pass… Please?” Celestia said, laying down as she held Suicune close to her, tears still streaming down her face. Katy only nodded as she stepped away and allowed her to see the adept.

“Just don’t hurt him.” She said as Alice nodded, giving her a gentle smile.

Alice looked down, her face blank. “Wakey wakey Lancey!” She then kicked him, and that seemed to cause all of the wounds on him to fade. It was then that Katy saw the Adept’s eyes open and heard him groan a little.

“Oww… D-did anyone get the license p-plate on that tru-?” He was interrupted by another kick.

“I’m not a truck.” She seethed. “Now get up and get out of here.” She added, turning and walking over to the cooler.

Katy soon ran over to him, hugging him tightly as she began to cry. “I-I thought you were-” She stopped for a moment… noticing the tears coming down his face. Something was not right… that was for sure… and Katy wanted to find out. “A-are you okay? Where’s Lumen?”

He only said two words… but those two told the whole story. “S-she’s gone…”

“S-She can’t… Not her…” Katy cried on his shoulder as her suit reverted back into a scarab and Teal had hopped off.

“W-What happened?” Teal asked. Lance looked away for a moment… before looking back at them.

“S-she was with me… then… C-cobalion… broke her…” He muttered, shortly before getting up and walking away. Trying to give himself the chance to clear his head. Katy wanted to follow her… but something from Alice soon caught her attention.

“Well, nice to see you too Lance.” Alice remarked, tossing the cooler into a void hole. “Who’s the girl? Your harem is so inconsistent.”

“Uh… My name is Katy?” She replied, looking at her for a moment before saying something. “And can you just let him grieve? He just lost his best friend, Lumen.”

“Alice Wonder.” Alice rolled her eyes. “And she’s right there… Geez… Though I have to admit, I’m a bit jealous Lancey.”

Before she could ask Alice what she was asking about, the girl found herself staring at Lumen… well, a girl that resembled Lumen but was more spiritual. “Oh… uh… hi? Sorry, I’m still trying to handle this whole spirit thing.”

“AHHH!!! L-Lumen?! Is that… you?!” She asked.

“It’s her…” Alice stated coldly.

“Wow… great job with the mood killing…” Lumen rolled her eyes as she looked at Alice and Katy. Celestia and a few others were surprised, but Lumen’s focus was more on Katy and the Void Dweller. “Losing your physical body is hard enough, you know?”

“Yes.” Alice simply said.

“B-But… how are you? How… How are you here?” Katy asked, still trying to process everything that has happened recently.

“Well that’s the thing… and it’s something I think Lance has yet to realize…” Lumen said as she looked at him in the distance and then recalled what happened. “When Lance placed my broken body over his heart, it had me establish a connection with his soul and combine with it. I’m a part of him… yet, he doesn’t realize it. Only certain people can see me though and not everyone.”

“Hey, who you girls talking to, silly nilly?” They heard Pinkie in the distance ask.

“Case in point.”

“Well, I hope you the best, children.” Alice said, turning around.

“Hey… before you go, can I ask you something?” Lumen then asked, looking back at Alice. “Earlier you said that Lance was yours… yet, I know for certain you aren’t Max…… This may sound like a longshot… but are you his… displacer?”

“I am many things to Lance. His Displacer is one of them.” Alice stated coldly once again, the smile she wore during the battle gone. “Though really, I’m nothing more than his guardian against other Void Dwellers…”

“Consider your secret safe with me then.” Lumen replied, saluting her. “Right now… I think there’s only one thing left to do before we go home.” It was then that Celestia herself nodded in agreement. There was one thing left to do after everything was said and done.

Go home… and bury the fallen… but not yet anyways.

“So, Katy~” Alice suddenly said. “You know, if Lance doesn’t work out~” She teased, before poking Katy on her nose and vanishing. Causing Teal to say the only thing that came to mind.

“W-what!? How?! Why!?! I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!!”

“Well… that’s unexpected, but… I don’t mind… Still we need to find Lance and tell him about Lumen.” Katy said as Teal hopped onto her back and transformed into their suit and took off to find the adept before they could go back home.


Canterlot (One last time…)

“I think Suicune would like what you did to honor him Celestia,” Lance told the alicorn princess as they walked through the garden together one last time. It had been a couple of days since the final fight against the elders and since then, Lance had recovered from his injuries and Princess Celestia had dedicated a memorial to Lord Suicune in his honor. Something that the adept saw as very touching given the relationship between both of them. “This memorial is beautiful.”

“Thank you Lance… that means a lot to us… I just wish I could have said goodbye to him.” She said, as tears streamed down her cheeks, but she still treasured every moment.

“I know how you feel… I wasn’t able to say goodbye to Lumen either…” The Adept told her, recalling the memories with his friend and companion while they were here.

Hearing one statement though from the alicorn… caught him by surprise however. “It’s… going to be difficult raising our child… but I know deep down she’ll grow to be like her father.”

“Wait a minute… you’re pregnant?” He asked, getting a nod from her as the adept looked back at her before speaking up a bit more confidently. “Oh my god, congratulations! You’re going to be a great mother, Celestia. I’m sure of it.”

“Thank you Lance… Raising my daughter will be difficult, but I’m prepared for the journey ahead.” She replied, smiling at Lance. “And her name shall be June.”

“June… I like that name…” Lance replied, looking as her for a moment. “Lumen would be lucky to have met her.”

“I’m sure she would…” Celestia said, as the adept bowed his head to leave her alone with her deceased lover and future child and walked back to where Katy was.

“Hey Lance… Are you okay?” She asked, giving him a slight grin.

“Yeah… I’m fine… Let’s go home.” Even though the two of them thought that Celestia was alone, all the alicorn could do was chuckle and look to her right for a brief moment before speaking.

“When will you tell him little one?” She asked, looking at the astral form of Lumen.

“It’s a lot more complicated than you might think…”


End Strike 49

Author's Note:

So... where should I start with this?

Well, after everything has been said and done, this crossover arc has now officially come to a close. I would like to thank all of my readers for being patient with me over the course of these chapters as it has been a long and excruciating process to get them done. I also would like to thank Pen one last time for letting me work with him and in return, he let Katy come home with Lance. Also, I would like to thank Brony Parasite for introducing a special someone named Alice Wonder... Lance's Displacer.

Now, before I go anywhere... I believe I have some explaining to do with one particular thing... Lumen. For those who are familiar with Gunvolt... you probably knew that something like this was going to happen at some point.

When I originally started the story, I had Lumen be based off of Joule from the Azure Striker Gunvolt games. After the events of the first game, she returns for the second one as a spirit companion that's part of Gunvolt. The same rule applies here with Lumen since she is now a part of Lance. With it though, there are some things that Lance himself will personally find out about their bound that will surprise him later on.

Well, all and all, the Suicune Arc is now in the books... time to press on.
-Frost out

PreviousChapters Next