• Published 28th Mar 2015
  • 14,824 Views, 663 Comments

When lightning strikes... - FrostTheWolf



A boy wakes up in the world of the Power ponies as The Azure Striker; Gunvolt. However, if they see him as a hero or not is another story[Displaced story][Azure Striker Gunvolt/MLP crossover]

  • ...
65
 663
 14,824

PreviousChapters Next
Strike 5- Fight Night against Freddy

Author's Note:

Heads up! This chapter is a crossover with Sir Freddy the Golden! done by Archon the Maniac. It was good to write this because it will help Lance as a character and learn from his experiences. Plus, it allowed for some new takes with creativity.

When Lightning Strikes- Fight Night against Freddy


Location: Gymnasium

Lance hated making people wait. Back home, he preferred to take as much time as possible when it came to homework assignments, tasks, tests and so on. But today, Solaria had an early morning lesson planned before she allowed her student to do anything else. Well, less of a lesson and more of a chance to get himself familiar with somethings.

“I have a present for you.” Solaria told him a few moments after entering the training hall. Lance, who was with Lumen as well, just looked at each other puzzled as they entered the room. On a table was a series of items. Items that were in different shades of blue and Sapphire.

“Humdrum in his spare time likes making gadgets for the different ponies on the team so he made a few things for you.”

“He did? Is this suppose to be part of the lesson or not?”

“Actually, this is part two of the skills lesson. I would’ve gotten to yesterday, but then again, it happened.”

Oh right, Milano…

“Anyways, since Humdrum noticed you using a lot of ranged projectiles with your weapons, he thought this would come in handy.” Solaria told Lance, levitating the first item to him as he took hold of it in his hands. It felt… odd for gripping whatever it was. But then again, Lance had no idea what it was.

“Uhh…… This is a stick?”

“Try channeling your lightning into it. He said that something sweet happen when you do so.” Taking her advice, the Adept did so. Soon, his lightning had the stick create a blade of pure light and electricity as it hummed in his hands. The Azure Striker really liked this. Thanks to the number one sidekick on the team, he now had a freaking lightsaber! And in his opinion, that was awesome.

“Remind me to thank Humdrum next time I see him. This is Epic!”

“He thought you would say that.” Solaria giggled as Lance dismissed the blade and put it away. She then handed a few round spheres to the Adept. “Here. It’s best to keep these on you.”

“Okay, but what exactly are they?”

“They’re called Spell Seekers.” The Unicorn began to explain. “It works in two steps. One, it allows you to drain an opponent of their magic when they attack you with it. Two, after the draining, you can use the Seeker for multiple purposes such as healing a downed teammate, restoring your own energy or using it as a grenade. Masked Matterhorn came up with the idea after a Tyrant that we called “Tirek” stole magic from almost all of the population and was using it to lay waste to the land. We were lucky to beat him when we combined our powers together.”

‘Could be useful.’ Lance thought to himself as he placed the small spheres inside his coat pockets. “Now, is there anything else we need to discuss?”

“Yeah, one small thing. A question more likely. This morning when you were saying goodbye to Button, what exactly did you give him?”

Lance sighed a little. “Remember earlier that day when I told you about me being a Displaced? Well, the hairpin I gave him is my summoning token. All Displaced have their own token that other Displaced can use if they come across it. But it works two ways. You either summon them there or they summon you.”

“So why did you give it to him?”

“For if he’s in trouble and Iggy is tired out.”

“Iggy? What does the dog have to do with it?”

“He’s a Displaced too.” The Adept explained as he told her about his encounter with the dog that could control the Stand known as The Fool. But, to his surprise, he felt a little… Light headed.

“Are you okay, Lance?”

“A bit… But I think you and I have somewhere to be.”

“Oh? Why’s that?” Solaria asked.

“Another Displaced is calling us, I think.” Before Lance could say anything, he felt his lightning surge around him as he disappeared in a bright flash, leaving Solaria as the only one left in the room.


Equestria, Ponyville (Freddy’s World)

Freddy felt unstoppable. He had successfully disposed of the Chaos Spirit that wanted to betray him. Telling him that what he was doing was crazy and wrong. Well, he made sure to show him once he drained him of his power like emptying a ketchup packet and tossing away the broken body like it was trash.

As for the elements, he had already began to twist them inside out. If he remembered correctly, there was one pony left of the Elements that he needed to deal with. That’s right. Magic. The Lavender Pony he met earlier. He’d already dealt with the elements of Laughter, Loyalty and Kindness, and Discord had dealt with Honesty and Generosity before going turncoat. He hoped that she would already be broken after seeing what had happened to her friends but still, she had seemed resilient. If she was still herself, then how would her deal with her?

That was when he found something at his feet. A small hairpin that looked like a pair of open wings. He rubbed it together between his paws, finding some amusement with it like it was a toy. But soon, the hairpin began to pulse unexpectedly. Storm clouds began to form above him as he looked up. If god was somehow trying to strike him down, then this was him trying to do it.

The lightning came down not on him, but in front of him. Which was surprising. it was like it wanted to miss him.

“Way to go!! You need to try harder to strike me down, JACKASS!!”

That was, until the smoke formed by the lightning began to fade and a new figure emerged… A human. Freddy’s expression dropped. This was not expected, but it wasn’t necessarily a bad thing. He recognized the appearance of the boy, another character from a video game. A lightning user by the name ‘Gunvolt’. Freddy decided he’d take some time with this one. Better to find out some about him before seeing if he was a threat. First pause his mind as he arrived, that way he wouldn’t see anything. Then a bit of magic to clear the field around them of all chaos and madness, at least all that was in sight. As far as the boy could see would be cleared of anything changed by the traitor or himself. That way if the boy was a hidden ally of the Princesses he wouldn’t be any the wiser that he was a maker of chaos. He drifted into the air and took out the puppet of himself and adjusted it to be the same size as himself, and redesigned it to be an exact replica in appearance. Then a little tweak to the frozen boy. Nothing damaging or madness-inducing, just enough to make him believe that the puppet was the actual Freddy. Then a little more to render himself silent and unseen to the boy. He snapped his paw again and the boy began to unfreeze. The puppet of Freddy stood over him, and offered a paw.

“Well then. Hey kid, what’s with the light show? Someone coulda gotten zapped!”

The boy looked up uncertainly. Seeing the area around him, he did not recognize anything of the surrounding environment, but he did recognize the figure. It was Freddy… Golden Freddy to be exact. The one character in Five Nights at Freddy’s that gave him a heart attack when he was on the final night and close to beating the first game. He didn’t look so scary as the version of him in game, but Lance thought that he was hiding something. So, for the time being, he decided to play along and grab Freddy’s paws after readjusting his gloves.

“Sorry about that,” He apologized to the talking bear. “I’m going to take a guess that you summoned me?”

Freddy raised an eyebrow as he looked at the Adept. “Summoned? What the heck do you mean by that?”

Lance pointed out the hairpin in Freddy’s paw. “You used my summoning token and brought me here…… Are you aware at all about the Displaced?”

Freddy shook his head. “No, I haven’t heard of that before. It just sounds like mashing words together to form something.”

The Azure Striker sighed, beginning a simple explanation about what he meant from arriving here to tokens and summoning other Displaced, using Iggy and Blood Cleaver as examples for other Displaced that he had met so far. Freddy himself was intrigued by this, but for his own reasons. He saw it as a chance to meet other Freddy’s in other worlds and also as a way to obtain more magic from killing Discord again and again. Make the Spirit pay for double crossing him. Slowly a plan began to open in the bear’s mind

“Well, I’m going to go on a walk. I guess we’ll meet back in a few hours?”

“Sure!” Freddy told him as he went off with a skip in his step. When he was gone, Lance had Lumen come out from inside his hair.

“Nice guy if I do say so myself.” Lumen said.

“Yeah, but something about him seems fishy.” Lance told his breezie companion. “Can you follow him? I’m going to go check out the nearby town and look around.”

Freddy grinned above them. So the boy had a breezie? A tad odd, but inconsequential. He expended a little more power into giving the breezie her own area of non-chaos. An infinite world of possibility opened to Freddy. If he were sane he would have had some kind of break down over his own insignificance, but this… This was going to be good! Of course the boy seemed like he could be a threat, and so he decided to keep the illusion going a bit. If the boy started to get wise, then that would be the time to get involved and alter his perception if necessary. It was a simple matter to whip up a few more fake ponies for the two to interact with and for the breezie to have her own mind changed in the same way as his.

As Lance continued to walk, he paid attention to his surroundings. The ponies around him, the stores, the buildings, everything. He had a talent for observation. Like Sherlock Holmes. He checked his supplies, making sure he had everything that he needed in order to possibly gain the upper hand if a fight were to break out.

Around after ten minutes, Lance had a feeling that something was off. The town seemed… set up. Cardboard. A few ponies that were reading at Sugarcube Corner never made any progress in their book, still looking at the same page. Two possibilities came into mind. Either they were slow readers… or this entire thing was fake. A possible trap.

That was when something felt like it hit him across the head. Like a water balloon, but different. The vision and people around him began to become distorted. Fading away, like an Illusion.

When his sight was back to normal, the entire freaking town was either hanging upside down or in ruins. Looking to his right, he saw a Unicorn… Which was weird since it reminded him of the Masked Matterhorn. “Sir, are you okay?”

“W-what the hell did you do?”

“You were in a trance. Seeing an Illusion. I just dispelled it. I thought that he would do something like this.”

That’s when the teen lifted an eyebrow. “Who’s he?”

“Freddy, Spirit of Madness.”

‘Son of a B*tch!!’ Lance swore mentally. “I knew that bear was suspicious… Oh god, Lumen!!”

“You mean this?”

Freddy floated lazily above them, illusions dropped. His body was different than before, more worn and torn up. He gave a cheshire grin as he held up a small cage with Lumen inside of it.

“Lemme guess kid, you’re gonna play the hero?”

Freddy shrugged.

“Be my guest, but I’m not Discord…”

He looked at Lance with a manic grin.

“I’M THE GUY WHO OFFED HIM BEFORE YOU SHOWED UP!”

Freddy snapped a paw and appeared on the ground and slowly strode past the boy and unicorn.

“Y’know, I gotta thank you kid. Without you, I wouldn’t have known about the multiverse. Now I have somewhere else to go. So in return, here’s the deal: You and your little friend can leave this doomed world unharmed, no charge. I already plucked all the info I needed from you, so I have no further need. Or you can stay here, and I figure you should know since I’m leaving this dump that I went ahead and uncorked Tartarus just cuz I can, and fight it out. Your choice.”

He floated back into the air, lazily dangling the chain with Lumen’s cage. Lance himself had no idea what he was up against. But the thing with Freddy was that he was prepared since the first paw shake. Additionally, there was one thing that the bear never noticed that he did.

“I’ll pick option three.” Lance said. With speed faster than Freddy could physically see, Lance shot his weapon with the Dullahan clip and destroyed the chain holding the cage. Another shot broke the door as Lumen flew towards him. “You’re already helping me out. Because of your pride and arrogance.”

“What are you talking about?”

“See this?” Lance said, holding a metal sphere in his hand. “It’s called a Spell Seeker. I had this in my hand underneath my glove when you picked me up on the floor. Turns out, you were quite filled with enough juice like you absorbed it from another person. Additionally, Spell Seekers allow me to use the trapped magic like a sponge. Absorb and release. And in this case, I’m letting this magic free. It doesn’t belong to some bear such as you.”

Freddy’s expression dropped for a moment, and his face faded from view. Then a low sound, barely audible echoed out.

“HehhehhheheHAHAHAHAHHAHA! YOU THINK I’M THAT STUPID!?”

He warped in front of Lance and backhanded him before warping away again. The spell Seekers appeared in his hand. Freddys jaw unhinged and all the power drained out.

“Oh yes I’m a prideful son of a gun, but I”

Lance slammed into a wall.

“AM”

He rocketed into the air.

“NOT STUPID!”

He reappeared over Lance. “I killed Discord, slew Celestia, broke three of the elements, heart mind and soul, and you know what? I would do it again. I took out every threat there was to me and you are no exception. In fact you’re the first I’ve given genuine mercy. But hey, I rather go on with my plans…”

The totem which had first brought Lance forth appeared in Freddy’s paw.

“Our contract is now concluded… Be seeing you kid…”

Lance himself felt like he began to twist and break inside. But beforehand, he smiled and snapped his finger. “Well, guess I’m leaving with a BANG!”

What Freddy did not know was that the Spell Seeker wasn’t set to release the magic slowly, but to detonate at the snap of his finger. Even if it broke or had some of its charged drained. As Lance disappeared, a wave of pure, Discordic atrophy went off in Freddy’s face. The Distraction gave Twilight Sparkle a chance to escape as she ran on all four of her hooves. Thankful for the boy of lightning to give her a chance to escape.

“RRYEAAAH! F*CKD*MMIT!”

Freddy lurched back in midair. He didn’t need a mirror to tell that his costuming had been burned off of his face, shoulders and neck. A grin returned to his skeletal features.

“Well the kid had precautions. Good on him!”

Freddy brought out the token to summon the boy. A little bit of magical scanning told loads to the bear as he steeled himself and took out a bit of his power. He crafted with his own essence a coin, of purest gold. Engraved into it was the same face shown in the Five Night’s at Freddy’s games whenever Golden Freddy crashed the game. Two of it he carved, each for a different purpose. The first he took out and recorded its message.

“Be seeing you kid…”

The first was unique, just for the little Gunvolt who had the stones to face him. The second he divided again and again eternally. This one would scatter across the multiverse, for others to summon him.

“To those who would put an end to the demon Discord or would bring madness and shadow on Equestria, this coin is my token. If you need a bear to crash the game of your enemies, then give a call to ole Golden Freddy Fazbear.”

Of course the token would only summon him if he was willing to go, that much he had built into his tokens, unlike the kid. He laughed as he regenerated his damaged face. The kid had cost him some magical power, but not enough to stop him…


Rooftop, Power Ponies Headquarters

Lance returned back to his world with an abrupt crash landing on top of the roof of HQ. His head was hurting and his mind was echoing with Freddy’s laughter. It felt like he was going to possibly be haunting him for some time. When he got up, he felt something new inside his pocket. A golden coin with Freddy’s face on it.

It had a simple message. “Be seeing you kid…”

The Adept’s mind froze. Be seeing him? Was he supposedly coming here? If so, then he needed to be ready. But he was in no shape to face him after dealing with him just now. He was lucky to get away on his own with the Detonation of one of two spell seekers that he had. It wasn’t just himself that he was now worried about.

He was worried about Lumen. When he found the Breezie, she was shivering. Scared by the traumatic experience. “Lumen. Go and get some rest. You’ve been through a lot.”

“O-okay.” She softly replied as she flew away. Lance himself though, had one other thing to attend to. Right now, he needed some advice.

Taking the Elevator from the top floor, he pushed the button for the floor that had the Main Command Center as the elevator slowly moved downward. When the door opened, he found the Masked Matterhorn. On her own, looking through some files.

“Oh. Mr. Walker. I did not expect you.” She replied at first. But soon, she noticed something wasn’t right with the Adept. “Are you okay? You look like you’ve been through Tartarus and back.”

The Adept nodded. “It felt that way. Remember when I told you about being a Displaced?”

“Yes and how there were others like you?”

“Right… I ran into one and let’s just say… I’m a bit… what’s the word… Shaken, by the experience.”

The Alicorn set down the files she was going through and pulled up a chair. “What happened?”

“Lumen and I were summoned into another Equestria. It was alright at first, but then we met the other Displaced. Freddy, he called himself. Freddy the Spirit of Madness. He clouded our minds with illusions to hide what he had actually done. He killed those who betrayed and opposed him, drives ponies into madness, and even turned a town into a wasteland. However, there was one pony who actually broke me free of the illusion.”

“Who was that?”

Lance took a deep breath… “You. Well, more like somepony that looks like you. But she was a Unicorn and-.”

That’s when the Masked Matterhorn did something that Lance never thought she would do. She took off her mask that was covering her face and let her mane fall down. Now, she looked just exactly like the pony who helped him earlier in Freddy’s world.

“M-ms. Matterhorn-?”

She placed a hoof on Lance’s mouth and shushed him before pointing her hoof at herself. “Twilight. My name is Twilight Sparkle. And I want to help you handle this.”


End Strike 5

PreviousChapters Next