• Published 28th Mar 2015
  • 14,824 Views, 663 Comments

When lightning strikes... - FrostTheWolf



A boy wakes up in the world of the Power ponies as The Azure Striker; Gunvolt. However, if they see him as a hero or not is another story[Displaced story][Azure Striker Gunvolt/MLP crossover]

  • ...
65
 663
 14,824

PreviousChapters Next
Strike 13- Fate/Strike

When Lightning Strike- Fate/Strike


Power Pony HQ

He needed to sleep. Lance was beyond tired given the research he had been working on all day. He had found two possible locations for him to investigate involving activity with Sumeragi; A shipping dock in Baltimare and also a location in Sun Fransokyo. But now, the Adept just wanted to be fully rested and re-energized.

However, Fate had other plans for him tonight. While he was sleeping, A Displaced was calling upon him.


Ponyville (Gilgamesh, Saber, and Casters World)

“There that the last of the stuff.” Said Saber as she crashed onto the couch next to Luna. “Did you really have to bring a lot of stuff with you?”

“Hey, we’re pretty much on vacation for the next 1,000 years so yes.” Luna said pulling out a handheld game. “I don’t see you complaining about the suitcases of beer & wine in Celestia’s room.”

“Mostly because I prefer not to be the poor sap that tries to take that away from here.”

“Fair point, by the way where’s your friend Caster?”

“She raiding Twilights Castle.”

“Why is she doing that?”

“Something about wanting to steal some crystals, and sell them to the kids around ponyville to make a few bits.”

“......By crystals you mean…..”

“The ones hanging around her castle.”

“Oh thank faust.”

Just then, Caster teleported in out of thin air and landed on her head. “Ow! Stupid teleporting magic talisman.” Said Caster as she pulled herself up from the floor. “Guys you’ll never guess what I just found in Twilights castle before she booted me out of it.”

“Let me guess? Moonshine?”

“You finally found your brain for once?”

“No and screw you Saber.” Caster pulled a hairpin from out of her hair. “This sweetass hairpin I found in Twilights room. You think she wouldn’t mind if I have it?”

“I’m surprise that you haven’t been killed yet.” Said Saber. “Plus that’s not a normal hairpin, it’s another displaced humans token.”

“How can you tell?”

“Because it’s starting to glow Caster.”

Just when Caster realized this, A bright light illuminated from the hairpin as it cause something to hit the floor. As it turns out, it was a Male human with Yellow hair in a braid, a long blue overcoat and a bunch of fancy other pieces of gear. It was starting to wake up as Caster turned around.

“O-oww… Goddess, my head hurts…”

“Oh crap it the IRS, they finally found me!”

“Caster, shut up.” Saber retorted. “This kid doesn’t look so harmless.”

Saber’s ego basically shut herself up as the moment she got to the ground on one knee where the boy was, a specialized Pistol was pointed at her face.

“What… the hell… is going on?” He asked, his tone becoming very stern.

“Easy quick draw mcgee, you just been summoned by Caster over there.” Saber said pointing at the fox girl behind him. “And I wouldn’t be pointing that toy of yours at me like that.”

“Well, it’s either that…” The figure retorted as he held something in his other hand that sprang to life in the form of a Katana. “ … Or this.”

“Holy crap! He’s a Jedi!!!”

“SHUT UP, CASTER!!”

“Will you two shut the hell up?” Said Gilgamesh entering the room. “I mean really? What the hells going on, and why is there a little boy in our house?”

“One, I have a name. It’s Lance Walker. Two, I’m not little… and three, I was apparently summoned by Ms. Foxy Caboose over there.” The Adept told the golden haired girl that reminded him of Yang Xiao Long from RWBY. ‘Note to self: Do not try to piss her off no matter what you say or do.’

“Figures something like this would happen. Normally the Holy Grail would be the one summoning other Displaced. But given that Caster is basically Brainless, it would make sense that she would bring you here on accident.”

“F*ck you, Gilgamesh!!” Lance heard her from the other room, followed by a small burp.

“Is… your friend drinking?”

“Maybe, either that or it’s Celestia that’s drinking along with her.”

“MY MOONSHINE!!!” The group heard Luna shriek from the kitchen. Now, Lance decided to get off the floor. The girls looking at him now saw his full outfit and made them think that somehow… He was a superhero? Like the comics that Spike had told Luna about a few times.

“You evil little bastard! How dare you two drink my moonshine that took me 50 years to make perfectly with the side effect of going blind!?”

“To be fair little sister you didn’t have your name on the bottle.” Said Celestia trying to hide the bottle behind her and Caster. “Plus you still have a few more bottles left.”

“They do have my name on it you idiots!”

That was when Luna walked in and noticed Lance. “Well… I honestly never expected guests… Let me guess… Caster?”

“Pretty much yeah.” Said Saber.

“And who is this… individual?”

“My name is Lance Walker. But back where I’m from, I’m also known as Gunvolt, the Azure Striker. Pleased to make your acquaintance.” Lance told the Princess, greeting her properly. He surprised each of the girls in a way to where they think that he just resurrected Chivalry from the grave.

“Holy crap this guys a nerd.” Said Caster.

“Go home, Caster. Your drunk.”

“I’m just greeting her properly. All of you look a bit… medieval so I thought that I would treat you with respect. Plus, you look a lot like the Princess Luna that Masked Matterhorn told me about.”

“True I am, but I’m not a Princess at the moment.” Luna said. Realizing the other part of the sentence, she then asked another question. “Wait… Do you mean Masked Matterhorn? As in the Power Ponies Masked Matterhorn?”

“Yes. I got Displaced in Maretropolis and had been with them for two weeks now.”

“......So you in a world full of superheroes then?”

“In a way yes. But not exactly. Theres also Ghouls from Tokyo Ghoul and I found out one of my friends who is a Paranoid roleplayer decided to break out all the villains and cause chaos so he could have the world under his control.”

“Wow…… reminds me of the time Nightmare moon gave Derpy the powers to control and army of muffins and take over Equestria that one time.”

“So your Derpy is… What exactly?” Lance asked.

“She’s fine, though she still has the powers to create muffins now.”

Lance facepalmed himself. “Forgive me for not being clearer, but I mean what is her occupation? My Derpy Hooves is on the Powers Division of the Maretropolis Police Department along with her husband, Detective Whooves, who is head of that division.”

“Hm…… truth be told I have no idea, all she does is just make muffins for her child Dinky.”

“So… She’s the Muffin Mare that lives on Berry lane?” Lance asked, intending it to be a joke. “ ……… Oh come on, that was a good joke!”

“That something Caster would say…… but she would of done it better.” Said Celestia.

“Well, jokes weren’t something that I had to practice while controlling my powers… This space is probably too small to demonstrate. Do you know where we can find a wide open space so we don’t damage your home?”

“Oh I think I can help you with that.” Said The Holy Grail standing behind Lance.

“Jesus!! Where the hell did you come from!?”

“From your mother mortal.” The Grail answered.

“I never had a mother. She died due to loss of blood when I was born.”

“Well sucks to be you then, huh?”

“Grail you are such a d*ck, you know that right?” Said Gilgamesh. Before the Grail could say anything though, all of them could see lightning begin to surge from the Adept.

“Don’t… you dare… talk about my family like that you sick son of a B*tch!”

“Kid, I been around since the beginning of time. You think I haven’t heard something like that before? Heroes I summon have more sadder stories and lives compare to what you have.”

“You sure? Because a couple of days before being Displaced, I watched my father blow his brains out due to being in depression.”

“Vlad The Impaler was a slave at every young age, almost about the same age you are.”

Lance shot back a glare of anger. “God, you’re worse than the first time I met Freddy.”

“Oh so you met him as well?” Said Caster.

“Twice. The first time, he was turning Ponyville into Madness. But the second time, he was reformed and despite punching me in the face, I met his “Children” and also found out that he put a Pokemon ecosystem in his world. He even gave me a Torchic.” That’s when Lance heard a small chirp and turned to realize that the same Pokemon got Displaced with him, making him feel a bit cheerful. “Oh hey there, Kai.”

“Well I guess that will be a lesson for you mortal, don’t interfere with a displaced who was way out of your league.”

“Both times, I was brought to him. But the second time, Bonnie brought me because he thought my Hairpin was a guitar pick. But yeah, I did learn that. Speaking of which, aren’t we suppose to be going somewhere to demonstrate my abilities?”

“I know that, just wanted to see how pissed you would get when I talk trash about your life. Now then if you would give me a second.” With a blink of an eye, everyone that was inside the house was standing on an open field away from ponyville. “There, now you can spar with one of my servants.”

“Hmm…… Should I ask one or-.”

“I’LL DO IT!!” Caster said immediately.

“You sure? Hangover might hit you hard?”

“Screw that. Come at me, bro!!” Caster taunted, alcohol still on her breath. Sighing Lance had Kai join Luna and Celestia as he drew his weapon from his holster.

“Ladies first.”

“With pleasure “FRIGID HEAVEN!!!”" Caster tossed a blue glowing talisman at Lance. The Adept switched his clip to Mizuchi and shot it out of the air with a precise blast. Going to Orochi, he aimed at Caster and began to fire a few bolts that hadn't damaged her as much, but tagged on to her clothing.

“Hey! That took me a few days to make it glow like that, you jerk!”

“It’s not glowing because of you. It’s glowing because of THIS!!” Lance soon executed Flashfield, with the lightning from the barrier connecting with the tags and electrocuting Poor Caster, making her tail spasm and the fur burnt.

“You little bastard, if I haven’t used Mantra: Aphotic Cave at the last microsecond, then that would of hurt even more then usual.” Caster said as the mirror that was on her back now started to float around her. “Now I’m mad, and you wouldn’t like me when I’m mad.” Prana energy started to gather around her, as the sky around them got darker. But before she was able to execute anything, Lance blasted her face with a Dullahan shot.

“If you think that I was going to wait around for you to perform some kind of charge attack, then you’re mistaken.” The Adept used this moment to go on the offensive, using Instant Transmission to teleport behind Caster and attack her open backside.

Caster’s mirror block the oncoming attack, as it pushed Lance away from Caster. “Don’t underestimate me kid, you may have speed on your side.” Casters hands started to form a sickly green color aura around them. “But I doubt you be fast enough to dodge an attack faster than this. LAND OF ETERNAL BAND!” Caster fired a shot at Lance, which only grazed his cheek leaving a stinging mark on it. As Lance turn around to see where the attack landed, it landed on a rock which was being dissolved.

“Well… That happened.” Lance retorted. The skin that was grazed by Caster’s attack was healing up thanks to his quick healing. He now looked like Caster never actually hit him.

“Great you’re one of those type of heroes that can heal themselves from damage in an instant.” Caster then took an offensive stance.

“Not quite. It’s just a bonus for being an Adept. My main powers is lightning, but I gained some additional abilities thanks to another Displaced named Majin Buu. Ki based abilities are one example, but my agility is another.”

“Really now?” Caster said as she pulled out a talisman that was glowing purple. “Then tell me little boy, have you ever met a Displaced by the name of Kat Shifter?”

Lance shakes his head. “No, but I’ve met a pair of nobodies and also Venom.” He didn’t take the chance for Caster to distract him as he transmitted himself to behind Caster. Using one of his skills, he channeled a torrent of Electricity with Astrashphere.

“Now… I think either we should have somepony else take a turn or end this charade. Take your pick.”

“I’ll be taking Caster’s place for the time being kid.” Said Saber as Gilgamesh dragged the past out Caster to where the Princesses are. “Unlike my friend Caster, don’t expect me to let my guard down.” She said as she pulled out her sword which was invisible to him and everyone else. “For now you are dealing with The King of Knights.”

“Well, that seems intriguing.” Despite the fact that Saber’s sword was invisible, his sight could see a trail of energy radiating from the blade. Switching weapons, he pulled out his own sword as it formed into a katana blade that was channeling a high frequency pulse through it. “King of Knights against the Azure Striker. Sounds like a pay-per-view fight.”

“Indeed, but I doubt your sword skills are up to par with mine.” Saber then summon prana energy into both her gauntlets and feet and launched herself at Lance. The Azure Striker’s first reaction was an upward Diagonal strike, followed by his footwork causing Saber to trip and fall over.

“I might not have the best sword skills, but a warrior must use all sorts of tricks in their arsenal to gain an advantage.”

“You mean like this!” Saber launched one of her gauntlets at Lance, hitting him in the face. “Little trick I learned from Caster, when she tried to pretend to be a robot-.”

Turns out, to her surprise, despite the fact that Lance’s blade was on the opposite side of him, a second blade soon sprang forth, piercing through the gauntlet as he removed it. “Clever, but my weapon allows me to form multiple kinds of weapons at will… which also reminds me… Bullseye.”

Turns out, Lance's second end didn’t make the blade have two edges, but turned it into a bow. Launching an arrowhead he form with his Luxcaliber skill and some extra stamina. “GOTCHA!!

Saber smiled as did even try to avoid the attack. “The everlasting utopia, AVALON!!!” Upon say that the sheath that was held her sword started to glow, as a yellowish gold barrier formed around her. Her right gauntlet that was destroyed by Lance magically appeared back onto her hand. “On of my noble phantasm that I was hoping not to use, but seeing how you forced my hands to use it.” She said as her sword became visible. “Down side to it, it reveals my swords identity.”

“And don’t think you can use any of your little trick on me, Avalon prevents you from doing that and the only to get rid of it is beating me.”

“Hmm… You forgot one thing.” Lance pointed out, showing that the barrier was beginning to crack. “The arrow, along with my blade, runs on super fast vibrations. Almost at the rate of an ultrasound. Given this and the frequency increasing every second, the time for your barrier to fall will be…”

Crack…

“Not long.”

BREAK!! It worked. However, the gamble of Lance lead to him using up all of his current skill points. Leaving him a bit drained to not perform any major attacks.

“You shouldn’t have done that kid.” Said Gilgamesh from the side line. “That was only step one, what about 2 through 10?”

“Aww Sh-.” Lance cursed shortly before seeing Saber attack him.

“Try this BURST AIR!!!” Saber launched a wave of highly pressurized air at Lance. Lance stood his ground as he took the blast head on. But one thing happened that he did not expect.

A small bit of Fire hit Saber in the face.

Lance looked in the direction from where it came from. To his surprise, it was from Kai. His Torchic.

“.........Really?” Saber said as she looked at the pokemon, then back at Lance. “I don’t feel comfortable fighting your pokemon Lance.”

That’s when Kai began to glow. From Torchic, it turned into Combusken, proceeding to smash Saber’s face with Double Kick.

“I think Kai has a protective instinct. Not letting any harm come to it’s caretaker.”

“Really, I couldn’t tell see how he’s kicking me in the face.” Saber said in a sarcastic tone.. “Do you mind calling him off? I’m a knight after all-.”

“Well, you’re the one who blasted me with air so…… Incinerate!”

Kai chirped, setting Saber on fire. Luna herself got a real kick out of it.

“.....You know what fine, you want to play chicken boy.” Saber pulled off her cowlick on her head a surge of crimson & black aura surrounded her. “I really hate-.”

“Switch!”

“Wait, wha-?” Saber never got the chance to finish her monologuing as Lance attacked head on, having Kai retreat back. “......Normally I would be the calm one out of the group.” She said as the surge of energy disappeared.

“But seeing how you want to play around and insult my pride as a knight, I’ll make sure you and your friend pay for that!” Saber yelled as her sword started burst out prana energy.

“Ah crap.” The Adept cursed.

“The Sword of Promised Victory, EXCALIBU-.” Before Saber could unleashed her noble phantasm, Luna appeared in front of her. Causing Saber to stop her attack. “M-master….I.”

“Calm down I’m not mad at you or anything, but you might want to tone it down a bit.”

“B-But he-.”

“Why don’t you go and relax next to Celestia and Caster for now, and let Gilgamesh finish up ok?”

“......Ok.”

“Good.” Luna’s attention was now focus on Lance, who she then slapped him upside his head. “Dumbass!”

“Oww! What the F-? I never intended to insult her or make her angry!”

“That maybe true, but if I do recall it was a one-on-one match. NOT A TWO-ON-ONE FIGHT!’ Luna smacked him and his pokemon. “You could of gotten yourselves killed.”

“No one said that there were rules to the fight.” Lance pointed out. “Holy Grail never said anything either.”

“True, but I figure you would of known how knights are kid.”

“I do. But where I’m from, Chivalry will get you killed. I vowed to protect those I care for with my life and I can’t just do that by playing by the rules. Sometimes, you need to step outside the boundaries in order to save a life.”

“Ugh, you young mortals always say that. But there will be times when you’ll have to fight on fairs terms, otherwise you’ll be just as bad the villains you fight.” The holy grail appeared next to Lance. “You’re still young and naive to think that chivalry had died in your world.”

“I’m young yes, but the last time I tried Chivalry, my best friend was trapped in her own nightmares because of it. I vowed to protect my friends and yes, even if it does break some boundaries, I would do everything I can to protect those I care for. I WOULD GLADLY DIE TO SAVE YOU RATHER THAN HAVE YOU FIGHT ALONE!!!” Lance shouted before storming off in a rage.

“NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY, YOU CAN’T PROTECT EVERYONE MORTAL! ALL HEROES AND RULERS SAY THAT BUT IT ALL NOTHING BUT WORDS THAT YOU CAN’T BACK UP!’ Grail said as he laughs like a child.

“Grail…...you’re a d*ck.” Gilgamesh said as she and Celestia followed the pissed off Lance.

“I’m only speaking the truth kid, no different if I told you that you three are immortal.”

Lance right now, could not deal with this. He was angry, yet hurt. Kai was by him, but it didn’t do much to sooth the pain he felt. He always wanted to help others and it sickened him if he couldn’t help someone. He hated Grail already.

It felt like no one could feel what he felt in that moment.

“You know you shouldn’t have run off like that.” Said Gilgamesh appearing on a tree branch, while Celestia laid her shoulder on the tree Gilgamesh was on. “You really need to get a hold of your emotions, and try to ignore the grail.”

“I mostly do. But… would it be rude to say that the Grail is just a total jackass? Because things aren’t like the way they have it set up back in Maretropolis.”

“You’re not being rude kid, at least you don’t have to deal with that dick of a grail.” Gilgamesh walked next to Lance. “But then again you aren’t a legendary hero just like us, so you should let this get you down.”

“I know… But I feel like being a Displaced is a new life for me… But what is it worth if everyone gets on my Goddess Damned case for doing something wrong?”

“Is it any better than your old life back home on earth?”

“It is… but it’s during these instances that the memories come back. It’s like a ball and chain on my ankle.”

“First rule about being a Displaced, is that you must accept your new life as one. Second rule your old life is gone, don’t let the past cloud your judgment or your actions. Third rule don’t let crap like what the Grail said get you down, you’re a f*cking Displaced you don’t need to let your emotions get to you.” Gilgamesh then stood in front of Lance with a grin on her face. “So says I Gilgamesh the Queen of Heroes.”

Lance saw this and personally smiled a bit, then grinning to himself. “Thanks… Hey, can I try something before I go. I wanted to give Grail a parting gift for being such a Jackass.”

“You my friend have balls for trying to do something to the Grail…… If you were a few years old, I might ask you on a date.”

“Yeah… Not in that business. Plus, one would say I have stones for having something blow up in Freddy’s face.” The Adept returned. “Plus, with my Ki abilities, there’s been one thing I wanted to try.”

He got into a tight crouch and placed his hands in front of him. “I’m facing right at him, right?”

“Oh yeah it’s not that hard to miss the idiot.” Lance wasn’t sure if Gilgamesh was being sarcastic or not, but went along with it. He trusted her. Moving his hands back behind him, he began to channel his ki.

“Ka…… me……. ha…… me…… HAAA!!!!!!!

Lance moved his hands in front of him, firing a huge beam in front of him towards the grail. Afterwards, before he began to leave, Lance turned towards the two of them. “If anyone asks, tell them that you two gave me permission to try that.”

“I’m he’ll be off somewhere plotting his revenge on you for doing that, but sure why not.” Said Celestia.

“Hey… Next time, I’ll be ready to face whatever BullSh*t he has up his sleeve.” With that, he disappeared in a brief flash; returning to his world. But also, he left a note along with the token that Caster was holding.

Thank you for having me wake up to who I need to be. Call me anytime you are in trouble and need the assistance of an Adept.

-Lance

Gilgamesh brought up a portal to Lance’s world and tossed in her’s and her friends token with a letter on them say.

“Call on us if you need some assistance in anything you need, be prepare to see Luna or Celestia come with us due to the fact that they are our masters after all.”

~Gilgamesh

P.S. Lock your fridge so Caster & Celestia won’t raid it.

“Cute kid…...we better get back before Caster does something stupid again.”

“Right…...Hope she didn’t drink all Luna’s special Moonshine.”

“Don’t worry… I did all of that already.” Celestia said with a guilty smile.

“*Sigh* I’m going to have a headache when we get back home.” Gilgamesh started to walk off towards ponyville, with Celestia beside her.


Maretropolis

When Lance woke up, he found himself back in his room with Kai. everything seemed awfully normal at that hour in time. But… this did not last forever.

“LANCE!!! We need you ASAP!!”

“Damn it… So much for sleeping in.”


End Strike 13

Author's Note:

Lance meets the Knights of the Grail, but some heated debates bring back memories that lance would rather not revisit. How will the Azure Striker deal with this?

Listening to Hollywood undead while doing this so yeah. Hope this is a sufficient update for you.
-Frost

Crossover with Heroes of Equestria by ElementBrigade

PreviousChapters Next