• Published 28th Mar 2015
  • 14,806 Views, 663 Comments

When lightning strikes... - FrostTheWolf



A boy wakes up in the world of the Power ponies as The Azure Striker; Gunvolt. However, if they see him as a hero or not is another story[Displaced story][Azure Striker Gunvolt/MLP crossover]

  • ...
65
 663
 14,806

PreviousChapters Next
Strike 46: The Search Part 1

Author's Note:

After originally failing to try and gather many potential displaced to help Lord Suicune from Quicksilver's world, the Pokemon decides to help the Adept by teaching him a new ability for him to use in the future. But to do so, he needs to learn a very important lesson... one that he must remember as he goes up against his hardest challenge yet... a being that was originally banished by the Elder Siblings for claiming that he was one of them.

Claiming that he was a being of purity... a being of authority... and a being of justice


Like I had mentioned in the last couple of chapters, this is still part of the crossover that Pen Dragon and I are working on with his two stories on Suicune... but it also goes into another story that I'm helping him come up with and has yet to be released. More details will come later with time, but for right now, enjoy the chapter!
-Frost

When Lightning Strikes- The Search Part 1


Canterlot (Suicune’s Domain)

Suicune sat alone, personally wondering if he put too much responsibility on Lance. He hardly knew him and yet, he’s trusting his world, his future in the hands of a child. Why he did so? He’ll never know, but if Celestia trusted him, then perhaps he should give him a chance. Suicune can only hope that he’ll return with his allies to fight against this threat that had yet to come… but nevertheless, needed to be ready for.

It was shortly after having this thought that he did… but at first, he looked… disappointed to see that only two have managed to return back with the Adept. He personally thought that it was because they just straight up ignored him… but all the scratches and battle scars on their bodies proved that theory wrong in an instant… and it also made him concerned.

“Lance Walker… What happened? Where’s Zenyatta and the others you spoke of?” He asked, but Lance did not answer. Instead, the breezie in his hair did as she flew out and soon began to talk to the legendary Pokemon.

“They were with us and we thought that we were safe, but that jerkface Cobalion tricked us with the shield generator they had to keep them out!” Lumen spoke before getting to the next part… which was hard to say for her personally. “Zen… and the others… sacrificed themselves so we could make it back…” Suicune for his part was shocked by this revelation. He feared that his message did not reach Lance, before he closed him off.

“I see… I tried to warn you Lance, but you closed of the link before I could tell you that the Sentinels can’t be shut down on Yellow Radio’s ship. They could only be turned off in Ozai’s region.” Suicune explained.

Lance groaned, looking down on himself before looking back at Suicune. “I figured… but I found that out by tricking Yellow Radio into telling me… Even if they couldn’t be stop, they can be stalled and I used my powers to not only meddle around with all of the Sentinel’s Source Code to mess with their functions, but even stole his files for Exuberant to look over and destroyed his work station. I figured that given the limited amount of time we had that if Exuberant had intelligence on the Sentinels, she could help us find an… achilles heel for the them. They may seem indestructible… but it does not mean they’re invulnerable.” The Adept did bring up a valid point, but Suicune was not quite so fond of his eager optimism right now. Still though, he was able to successfully bring Quicksilver here along with his Pinkie Pie, so the mission wasn’t exactly a complete failure.

Besides, there was still more worlds that he needed to have Lance visit in the remaining amount of time they had left. And hopefully, more allies for him to bring back safely. “I suppose you did a good job… still, Zenyatta was an old friend… one of few that remain. He was part of my counsel and Cobalion was part of my guard, before they retired. What I’m wondering is why Cobalion would betray Zenyatta? He was like a son to him.”

“Well, shortly after he tried to use some weird shadow crystal ability to keep me stuck to a wall, he went on a glory speech that a cultist would go on. Saying that ‘the multiverse is right to fear us… they were the future, the ones who will inherit the multiverse and anyone, whether displaced or not, will suffer the same fate as the Displaced who continued to defy their gods’ along with some other things.” The Adept explained, going as far as to impersonate Cobalion himself when he was telling Suicune about what his messages was. Which definitely caught Cobalion’s attention. “It was like he was praising some dark god or something. Do you have any possible idea what this could mean?”

“He did mention something of a brotherhood, Lance. Like right before you broke out of his attack and sucker punched him to the floor,” Lumen added. “Fight together in a brotherhood of our kind… A new tomorrow that starts today. Those were his exact words.” The breezie hoped that this could’ve been some kind of clue that somehow Suicune would know… but she did not want to get her hopes up so soon.

“Sounds like something that would come from a cheap movie!” Quicksilver commented, only for Suicune to raise a brow at this new Quicksilver that Lance told him about, but decided to leave that question for another day.

“I don’t know what he means by brotherhood or anything along those lines, but I think he’s referring to the Elder Siblings.”

“True, but for some odd reason, there seemed something… off. I mean, I’ve encountered Yellow Radio, Monster X and the Beast King and unlike those three, Cobalion was rather calm and appeared to be hiding something behind his composure. I don’t know, it’s just a thought,” Lance said as he scratched the back of his head. “Still, I was able to get Quicksilver and Pinkie Pie back safely, as well as stealing all of Yellow Radio’s files… so what’s next?” The Adept’s question made Suicune think he was pretty eager in order to continue helping Suicune. After all, there was more worlds that Lance needed to reach before Ozai’s arrival… and in some cases, some worlds could either use up less… or more of the little time they had left.

The Adept originally had two months, but with his recent adventure to get Quicksilver, he now had only about four and a half weeks remaining before Ozai and Elysium were expected to arrive. “Lance I believe I made an offer with you before… Did I not?”

He did remember that Suicune made an offer for him, but right now, with everything that had just happened, the Adept needed a bit of help trying to remember what the offer was.

“You do not remember do you?” Lance simply nodded, only for Suicune to mentally face palm as he groaned in response. “You truly are a simpleton!”

“Hey, I spent the last two days trying to get all this stuff done and not get decapitated by the hands of crazed murderbots,” Lance replied back. “All I remember was that you said something about you teaching me an ability, but never actually saying what that ability was… was that the offer you were referring to?”

“So you can think… here I was believing that you had low level of intelligence, but moving on from that… I shall teach you one of my abilities. Meet me back here tomorrow morning to begin your training. Get some rest, you’ve earned it.” He said, blinking his eyes once only for Lance and the others to end up falling into a fountain.


Meanwhile…

The echoes from the halls inside the ship known as The Phoenix King made Lord Ozai’s meditation was much more difficult than the previous days. Soon, he felt the presence of two others enter his chambers. Two fellow siblings. Opening his eyes and turning around, he soon saw Elysium… alongside a very surprising guest. Lord Yasha himself. It was an honor to have him onboard the ship… however, he was not sure why exactly was he here.

“Lord Yasha?! I wasn’t expecting you to be here-” Before he could finish Yasha simply flicked Ozai across the room.

“Ozai… tell me why Yellow Radio and Cobalion have failed to complete their mission in killing the one that is assisting Suicune?” He asked, Ozai coughed and spat some blood that was in his mouth and stood up to face him.

“I wasn’t aware of their failure till recently and I’ve already sent word out to them to return to the Phoenix King immediately for punishment.” The firebender replied honestly as he looked back at Lord Yasha. “Assisting a traitor is one thing… but whoever this Displaced is, he is much more skilled than we were lead to believe if he managed to avoid not only Yellow Radio, but also that of Cobalion.”

“I am fully aware of that… but I’ve decided to remove the death sentence on this Displaced… I want you to bring him to me alive. With proper training he’ll make an excellent commander in Elysium’s armada.” Yasha said bluntly, it was hard to tell what he was feeling behind that mask. That was when they soon got a transmission in from none other than one of the displaced they were talking about only a few moments ago. Yellow Radio. Yet, there was one big difference… Originally when Elysium had saw them, Yellow Radio’s laboratory was fully operational. Now it looked more like a smoldering wreckage.

“Stupid thing, please work-. Oh, thank the siblings it works! Yes!!” They heard the jester cry out in relief before noticing that Lord Ozai and Elysium were on the other end. “Oh… right… My lord, both Cobalion and I have received your orders to return imme-.”

It was then that Lord Yasha spoke to the yellow jester, making him stop talking as the deity had something to say. “Yellow Radio… there is no need to return. I have a special assignment for you and Cobalion. Bring me that Displaced that interfered… but bring him to me alive. I have something special planned for him.”

“You want him… alive?” They soon heard Cobalion speak up. “That single displaced is the reason why Yellow’s work station is wrecked, his computer systems aren’t operational and also stole all of the files containing his research. He was even able to mess with the source code programming on the sentinels and make sure that it was saved before frying the terminal he was… using.” That caught the siblings attentions rather quickly. The sentinels themselves were powerful soldiers and unstoppable in combat… but this displaced was attacking them from a different approach. To Ozai, it reminded him of a specific bending art used by Waterbenders called bloodbending. An art that allows you to control the blood in a person’s body and bend it to a person’s will.

This displaced was crafty… but Yasha’s mind was unchanged. “Still… bring him to me and bring him alive. That is an order.” He strictly told them before closing the transmission personally and turning to Ozai and Elysium. “There was something else I needed to discuss with both of you… something that could be… problematic to our efforts.”

“What seems to be the issue my lord?” Elysium asked.

“Zamasu has escaped from his prison… Of course, Rayquaza has already gone after him, but I want you to send the Warden to assist her… If it’s possible.” Yasha ordered, both Elysium and Ozai had unsure looks, but nodded nonetheless.

“He is still in the pursuit of becoming a god after all those years? I would think that being in that pit for so long has driven him mad.” The firebender commented afterwards.

“He’s nothing but a delusional fool if he believes that he’ll surpass us. If anyone is considered a god it’s us, then that pathetic traitor,” Elysium added with huff.

“Indeed. Still, he is a threat not to be taken lightly,” He advised them. “In the meantime though, I want you two to keep me informed with your progress on the hunt for the traitor and your progress in capturing the displaced helping him.” Both Ozai and Elysium acknowledged his words before the deity vanished shortly afterwards. Leaving the two of them to stay the course in hoping that… sooner or later… they would be able to find the traitor.

The traitor once known as Lord Suicune.


Back at Canterlot

“So what was it that you were going to teach me?” The Adept asked Lord Suicune as the two of them were now conversing amongst themselves in Celestia’s garden. It had been a few hours since Lance had originally returned and now, he was ready to learn what Suicune wanted to teach him. He had a feeling that this ability that the pokemon was hinting at will be quite beneficial the more he continued to search for other Displaced to help them.

“Now before I teach, tell me… do you have any allies that are outside this dimension?” He asked the Adept. Lance took a moment to think, followed by him answering his question shortly afterwards.

“Yes I do. Were you looking for anyone specific?” Lance then asked. “Quicksilver has speed and Pinkie is a wildcard. I know some friends and allies that are skilled in magic, combat and various other areas. One even taught me how to use energy, a lot of techniques associated with it and teleportation.” The adept’s sentence was finished by him channeling some ki through his hands to form a sphere.

“Describe one of your friends for me, anyone will do.” Suicune then asked.

“Well, off the top of my head, there’s a Displaced I know named Nicko. Highly skilled in Rune Magic and Swordsmanship. Has even expanded along the lines of what he knows to come up with new ways to use his powers and abilities,” The Adept told him, holding a card that had the Rune Slayer’s picture on it. “There’s one thing you should know… despite the fact that he’s 25 years old, his size makes him look like he’s a teenager since he’s around five foot two… and he gets pissed off whenever anyone refers to his height or calls him a kid, runt, pipsqueak, etc.”

With all the details he had received his body began to glow as his form began to alter itself. Light grew immensely, blinding the Adept for a brief moment. Once the light faded, Lance turned to see not Suicune, but Nicko standing before him, it was a close resemblance except for one thing. He was definitely taller than Lance. “Today as one of my students I shall be teaching you how to shapeshift.”

“Wow… that is definitely going to come in handy,” Lance commented to himself before realizing that Suicune was still talking. “Oh my apologies, do go on.”

“As I was saying… this will not be easy, so for the rest of the night I want you to sit here and hold this leaf in your hand do not let it go… and do not leave this spot no matter what. Don’t let anything break your concentration.” He explained, Lance didn’t know what to think of this exercise. There wasn’t anything else to it, just sitting there and doing nothing… Other than holding the leaf.

“I don’t want to sound rude, but is this all-?”

“Necessary? Yes, yes it is Lance,” Suicune replied without the Adept being able to finish his question as Lance took a seat on the ground below him. Seating criss cross like he was in a meditation position. “I shall be back shortly.”

As he turned around the corner, he was met with five different figures, who each wore cloaks. Suicune could only let a small grin creep along his face as he gave the order. “You know what to do my friends.”

Meanwhile, for Lance, he just focused his concentration at the task at hand and even went as far as closing his eyes so he could truly concentrate and focus on listening to what was around him. In a way, it was allowing for him to be in sync with what was around him and the energy that flowed through it. From what was in the ground he walked on to what was in the air. He could feel that of himself and also the living creatures around him… to an extent, of course.

At he was, until he heard a familiar voice call out to him “Hey Lance! Come on we’re going to throw Suicune and Celestia a surprise party! You need to come now!!” It was of course none other than Pinkie Pie.

“I would like to join you guys, but Suicune asked me to do something very important,” He said from his spot, not moving an inch. “Sorry Pinkie, but I can’t. Maybe after we help him out we can though.”

“Oh, come on! You’ve been working your butt off for awhile now! I say you deserve a break from all that work.” She said, trying to tempt him to come. “There will all kinds of sweets, snacks, games, food, cake, sweets and snacks.”

“You said Sweets and Snacks twice…” He deadpanned.

“That’s because there’s double of… EVERYTHING!!” She replied, grabbing his shoulders and shaking him, but he didn’t move from his spot, even though he was tempted to go.

“Yeah… if this is Suicune’s party that you are throwing, then aren’t you suppose to be… well… entertaining your guests?”

“It’s a surprise party For… Suicune And Celestia,” She whispered in his ear, before shaking him more as she kept repeating the words ‘You have to come.’ repeatedly over and over again… yet, not budging.

“Lumen may enjoy it. I wish I could Pinkie, but Suicune asked me to do this and if he see’s me there, then he would get mad at me for not doing what he asked for me to do.” Lance firmly explained to her with a deep sigh.

“Well can’t you at least help me set up for the party? It doesn’t begin for an hour… Please!” She begged as her eyes watered up a bit as her lips quivered a bit. Making an adorable face like that would have worked if she was a little filly. But Lance did not budge, nor did he see the face since his eyes were firmly closed shut.

“I’m sorry Pinkie… but my decision is final,” He told her as he let out a deep sigh. “I wish I could, but I can’t… not if I want to do everything I can to help Suicune.”

She simply nodded and headed off around the corner, hiding a devious grin as she pulled out a remote and with a simple press of a button a loud bang went off as she peeked around the corner to see that Lance had cake covering most of his back, but he refused to move an inch, no matter how annoying it was. “Rats!” was all that he heard as Pinkie disappeared.

“Damn it Pinkie… If I wasn’t stuck sitting here, I would come and help…” Lance thought to himself. “Sorry about that.”

“Why sit here than?” Lance soon turned to see Quicksilver eating a bag of chips.

“It’s a long story…” He said, returning back to the original position he was in. “It’s part of Suicune’s teaching me a technique and to do it… I can’t be disturbed…” The last part had a glare to it as he shot it in Quicksilver’s direction, firmly holding onto the leaf that Suicune asked for him to.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” He asked. He sighed, closing his eyes again as he sighed deeply and just concentrated. “Look do you really want to miss the greatest party of all time? I mean everyone is going to be there.”

“What a likely story… Yet, I’m feeling Pinkie pacing in circles in a nearby hallway, heard her say rats off of the walls and you just happened to show up seconds later?” Lance told her, putting out each piece of information on the table. “That’s a very likely story.”

“Well one of course I got here in seconds… Super speed remember? Also I took this out of your pocket sometime after Suicune dropped us in that fountain.” Pulling out a photograph.

“Funny… I don’t have many pockets and if I did, I would’ve felt it.”

“So this isn’t you and Lumen arguing… then I must be dumb as a rock. These guys look so much like you,” He said sarcastically showing the photo of him and Lumen. However, there was one critical flaw in that presumption.

“Lumen and I have never had an argument within the time we worked with one another. Sure we’ve had disagreements… but never arguments… and also, Lumen nevers like ponies taking photographs of her.”

“Well I didn’t take the photo and it was in your pocket… you just too slow to notice. Oh, well I tried to convince ya, but hey Pinkie can’t say that I didn’t try. Well gotta go.” And he was soon gone in a flash as Lance went on.

“Or you spend too much time running around. Have you ever considered slowing down and taking some time to think things through.” He thought to himself as he still focused on what he was doing… taking a bit of time to clear up the thoughts in his head as he channeled his energy to his hands.

All he needed to do was relax and this would be over before he knows it, but he soon heard the sounds of wings flapping towards him, breaking his concentration once again, he looked up too see Princess Luna overhead, landing beside him. He was curious as to why she of all ponies would be here with him? It didn’t make much sense.

“Young Displaced… Your friends are throwing a surprise party for my sister and Lord Suicune and I was curious whether you’d be attending this event or not?” She asked.

Sighing once again, the Adept spoke. “Like I told both Quicksilver and Pinkie, Lord Suicune asked for me to sit here and not move from this spot as part of a lesson he’s trying to teach me. If I complete the lesson, I can have another ability I can use to help Lord Suicune.”

“True, but even a warriors need a break from training Displaced, even I need a break once in awhile, but the offer is still open if you wish to join us once the party starts.” Luna told him in response.

“I would like to join you, but you know how Lord Suicune gets if I disappoint him,” The Adept replied, looking in her direction for a moment before closing his eyes again. “Hopefully, the sooner that I finish this, the sooner I can join you.”

“Who says he has to know?”

“Trust me… he finds out one way or another…” Lance sighed.

“Even so, Displaced… you must take a break after all that’s… Uh never mind… Still I say you should take my advice and relax even just for a little bit,” She explained, leaving the Displaced to think about what she had said. He did… but had a feeling that Pinkie, Quicksilver, and Luna were part of something in order to distract him. Throw him off of his game… but he pursued to not let that distract him.

Two hours had nearly passed and he did his best to remain seated in his place, no one else had bothered him in awhile, but he had a thought in the back of his head telling him that they weren’t going to give up so easily. At least that’s what he thought until heard the sounds of a familiar breezies wings fly near him. He turned to see Lumen wearing a very tiny maid’s outfit, that was extremely cute… and also off-putting.

“Uhh… Lumen why are you wearing that?” He asked as the breezie flew in front of his face. He had not seen Lumen wear any form of clothing before, nevermind something like this. Something was definitely not making sense here.

“Do you like it? Exuberant and Luna made it for me!” She answered, only to land on his head and flaunt it as she did a little dance. Lance would personally facepalm himself right now, but in thinking this did he come up with a reply.

“It looks great on you, I really like it!” Lance replied for a moment before concentrating again. For a moment, he thought that his actions was a sign of ignoring her and then spoke up. “Lumen, I’m sorry if I don’t have much to say right now. I’m trying to concentrate on something that Lord Suicune asked for me to do.”

“Aww… but they worked so hard… Even Exuberant made one for herself and was planning to seduce you with it…” She quickly clamped up her mouth quickly. “Ops.”

“I know… and I’m glad they helped. But… Lumen, after what happened on the last world with Quicksilver, I realized that the only way that I could be able to actually help people… and not have people die like Zenyatta and them is for me to change. This is suppose to be a first step in helping myself reach that point.” The adept told her in response.

“Oh… Well I understand, but Exuberant will be coming out soon. Just a heads up and if you find what I’m wearing cute, than what she’s wearing will make your nose bleed,” She said, giggling in response as she flew off, after Lance asked her one last question.

“Question first beforehand… would it make me think of Max again?” His question was not without reason… and that was because the synthetic was reminding him of his fiance more and more every time he saw her.

“Hehehe… that’s a secret Lance… They said not to spoil any of her surprises.” She answered, flying off to the castle, leaving the Adept alone to continue his focus.

It had almost been ten minutes since Lumen left and Lance had been expecting Exuberant to show up by now, but he closed his eyes to try and concentrate. At least he tried too only to feel a metallic hand rest on his shoulders as heard giggling from behind him.

“I found you~.” Lance heard, not moving an inch as he felt Exuberant’s hands on his shoulder.

“Hello to you too, Exuberant,” He replied back simply. “Lumen told me you were coming and that you made that dress for her. Was pretty stoked about too.” That was not quite the response that Exuberant was expecting from the Adept. He didn’t even take the time to open his eyes and actually look at her as she was still behind him. Before deciding to move around him and be in front of him this time around to see if she can get his eyes open.”

“And here I was planning on revealing my new outfit… it’s very formal you know.” She replied, as she sat in front of the Adept.

“I already know you’re wearing a maid’s outfit, Exuberant,” He told her, only to receive more giggling from the android. Tempting as it was to look… he still kept his eyes closed.

“Who said anything about Maid’s Outfit… Unless you’re into that kind of thing.” Good god, did she really have to go there? All that did was just make Lance feel more creeped out than anything else. Not even wanting to open his eyes now as he just sighed for a moment and straightened up his back.

“Exuberant, is there… another reason for you being here? Because in the past three hours; you, Lumen, Luna, Quicksilver and Pinkie Pie have all been trying to take my attention away from something that Lord Suicune specifically requested for me to focus on… so would it be possible to assume that you five were asked by him to try and distract me?” The Adept’s question was met by silence as his hand was still focused on holding onto the leaf and not loosening up on his grip at all.

“Well… Lumen did tell me that I could find you here~ She wanted me to bring you to the party since it’s about to start in an hour… Considering Lord Suicune is planning something Big! But I thought it would be a bit more fun if it was just the two of us out here,” She replied.

“That’s funny… because in the past three hours, I did not hear her sing any songs regarding forming any parties-.”

“That’s because the guests haven’t showed up yet and we’re still setting up, Suicune wanted to do something special for Cele-” She quickly stopped in mid sentence as she began to giggle, If Lance could only see what she was up too, or even move for that matter.

“Or the fact that I haven’t heard her use her party cannon. Knowing my Pinkie… and any other Pinkie I have already met, her party cannon is a primary tool for forming parties…” The Adept brought up a very valid point and one thing that Exuberant happened to overlook. Something that caught her by surprise if she was honest with herself. At least until the sounds of shooting began happening within the castle, causing him to open his eyes to see streamers shooting across the glass roof of the castle only to see Exuberant wasn’t wearing anything seductive, but something formal like she said. She was wearing what looked like a teacher’s uniform that seemed a little tight for her, but still looked cute nonetheless. She was even wearing a pair of cute glasses.

Yet, he still knew one thing… and that was that Lumen would not lie to him. She did say that she would wear something to make his nosebleed. So given this, Exuberant’s formal wear seemed to have another meaning to it. “Okay, that was honestly not what I was expecting… still though… Exuberant, please do understand when I say that I can’t make it to the party you guys are putting together. What Lord Suicune wanted for me to do was important and after what happened previously… I want to be able to help save more lives instead of watching them die right in front of me. I’m not trying to be a grouch, but this is something I see as important.”

“You can be a real idiot sometimes you know that? First off you didn’t even tell me how I looked! Secondly we were only trying to get you to relax at the party Suicune was planning.”

“Woah, hold up just a minute… we?” Lance questioned. “So you were planning something! And I thought that the increased pulse from everyone else was just a fluke.” Over the course of everyone else seeing him, Lance felt that everyone he met had a slightly higher pulse then normal. Which, to him, meant that they were either hiding something from him… or not telling him the entire truth…

Lance soon received a slap on the back of his head as Exuberant glared at him, her eyes weren’t red, but pink instead. “Baka! You still didn’t tell me how I looked! God, you really are an idiot! I mean come on wasn’t it obvious that we were trying to convince you to come. Also I took the time to make this for you and you still haven’t told me how I looked!” She said, fixing her glasses while puffing her cheeks… if she had any that is.

“Okay… I’m sorry. You look wonderful… yet, you caught me at the wrong time. I’m sorry Exuberant, but I can’t come.” Lance’s reply soon lead to him looking back at the leaf he was instructed to hold onto. Exuberant was going on a rant in the background, but he wasn’t listening right now. Instead, he was paying attention to what was flickering around the edges of the leaf as it began to glow.

“Fine… Have it your way… and here I had something planned for you later tonight, but I would seem I’ll have to make you beg for it~” She said, as a devious smirk appeared across her face, sending a shiver down the Adepts spine as her eyes turned from pink to purple, before walking off, swaying her hips. But the Adept wasn’t paying attention at all and the moment that Exuberant left was when the leaf was fully glowing now as Lance cleared his mind and let the leaf to continue what it was doing… thinking it was part of the test that Suicune gave to him.

You still haven’t figured out what my intentions are have you Lance Walker?” Suicune’s voice began to echo within the air as Lance opened his eyes to see the leaf fly off his hand and began to summon the mighty Pokemon, wearing a black tux.

“You know I expected better from you Lance,” He said, straightening his bow tie.

“I was lead to believe that you wanted me to focus on the leaf, have a clear mind and not have any distractions break my concentration,” The Adept replied back. “And given how you were so strict about wanting me to leave the first time we met, I was lead to believe that the same attitude would be demonstrated in your teachings… I did not mean to come off as Antisocial to everyone. I was just lead to believe that you would chew out my ass if I ignored what you specifically requested for me to do.”

“Yes I did tell you that… but I also expected you to relax when handling the leaf. You are young and I expected you to be a bit rebellious, like I was when I was young. But there was a test and it was a simple choice. Where does your loyalty lay… with the ones you care for? Or the cause? And even though I appreciate that your loyal, but I’ve always had an oath. Family comes before anything.” He explained to the Adept.

“My loyalty lies in who I care for… but even with Exuberant and Lumen, all of you are friends to me. I care for my friends… but by being with them, it also poses a risk that leaves you vulnerable.” The Adept told him. “But you’re more then a friend… aren’t you?”

“I am not your friend, I’m your mentor… But answer me this… If you had to chose between me and your family. Who would you chose?” He asked Lance.

“...... My family… God, why am I such an idiot?” He said to himself, groaning a little. “The answer is right in front of me and I am damn blind about it the whole time. What the hell is wrong with me?”

“Hehehehe… Well looks like you realize your mistake. Now tell me what do you plan to do now?” He asked.

“Then what the hell is the damn point of this exercise? To mock me for my poor choices?” The Adept retorted. He wasn’t liking the way that Lord Suicune was speaking to him. It was like he knew everything about him already, including his life before displacement. “I wanted you to be my mentor because I did not want anyone else, including my family, to die! I want to not feel like I can’t do anything to save a life when it turns out that I can!! What I do now is that I continue learning from you… But not this change who I am as a person. I still want to be a hero… and help people. Including you.”

“Lance… Friends come and go… but family is eternal and must be treasured. Trust me my student… you’ll make the right choice when the time comes. I suggest we head to the party before the guests arrive.”

“I treasure my family… but why would you do this if none of the people that tried talking to me were family… Except…” He blinked and realized what he was talking about. “Lumen…”

“Now you see right? You shouldn’t feel bad for making a mistake like this… My mentor taught me the same when I was still learning to use my powers.” He said, with a light chuckle.

“Honestly, after all of this, I feel like sh*t,” He replied back as the Adept looked back at him. “I was an ass to everyone who was just trying to help me and I pushed them away? How is that suppose to make me feel? Hell, Exuberant probably would not even want to talk to me right now because of the way I acted around her.”

“Don’t be so sure,” He soon heard above him as he looked up to notice that Lumen was above him. “I told her that you focusing on something can make you like that… So she’s not really mad. Just a bit irritated is all.”

“Perfect timing little breezie,” He said, smiling as Lumen landed on top of the Pokemon’s head.

“Lance, don’t beat yourself up over this,” The Breezie then said to him. “He knows that you care for your family because I told him of how much you care for Max and Seph. In fact, this was also another test… Lord Suicune asked for us to come and talk to you to see if we can possibly distract you somehow. He told me that when it comes to stronger abilities, it requires a lot of focus and Lord Suicune asked for us to see if your focus could easily be broken… So you got half of the lesson right.” With it, Lumen soon flew over and landed on top of his head as she smiled at him. “Besides, no matter what happens, I’ll always be with you.”

“T-thanks Lumen…” Lance replied with a smile added to it. “I needed that.”

“Now we better head to the party… I want some of that cake,” Lumen said, earning a chuckle from both Displaced as she looked back at them. “What, the last cake I had did not taste good.”

“Well Lance Walker, you have a kind friend… look after her, I fear that she may be the only family you may have left.” Suicune said, entering the castle. Lance was unsure what he meant by that, but decided to not let that affect him as he joined up with everyone else, apologized to Exuberant, and enjoyed his time with them.


The Following Morning…

“G-good lord… what the hell was in that cake last night?” Lance groaned as he slowly woke up out of his bed. It was 5:30am right now and he had been awake for the last half an hour because he felt as if something was bothering him. At first, he thought it was a stomach ache… but later on, when his head began to hurt for a minute, he had a feeling that was not the case. Still, he did his best to not let it affect him as he slowly rose up from his bed, walked over to the bathroom and began to clear up his face.

Some time after getting dressed though, he was surprised to find Lord Suicune standing in his room… shortly after getting out of the bathroom no less. “Uh… good morning to you as well? I honestly thought you would’ve knocked on the door.”

“I don’t need permission from you, Lance Walker! What I want to know is why in the audacity you would do that at Celestia’s party!” He asked, his face was flushed red as he growled at the adept.

“Uh… Do what? Matter of fact, are you okay?” He asked him, puzzled. “I wouldn’t do anything at all to disrespect you, so what exactly are you talking about?”

“You honestly don’t remember do you? Damn it, I knew having Pinkie serve that hard Cider was a bad idea!”

Lance just raised an eyebrow, looking at him in confusion. “I don’t drink Cider… Wait, are you drunk?” He asked, looking back at the pokemon and wondering if he was going to be okay.

“The Cider wasn’t meant to be alcoholic… Let me explain, it was a special drink made for both Celestia and I… but it looks exactly like Apple Cider, but your friend somehow got a hold of it and you-” His face says death was approaching as he glared at the Adept.

“All I had was water last night.” He pointed out to him… only to hear someone else burp a little as he felt a rustle in his hair as he looked up to see Lumen in a daze.

“B-boy… That drink Exuberant gave me was greeeeeat…” She said in a daze. “You should’ve had some Lance.” All the Adept could do was facepalm himself as he groaned a little.

“Oh, don’t think I’m happy with you either Breezie… You were the cause for all this!!!” He said, for a brief moment Lance could swear he saw flames come from the Pokemons maw.

“Me!? All I did was drink the beverage Exuberant offered…” She complained, pointing out something to Lance.

“Wait a minute… Exuberant was handing out drinks?” Lance asked, realizing that this sounded like the beginning of a recipe for disaster. “So THAT’S why everyone was stumbling around…?”

“You remember that! But you can’t remember what you did to me and Celestia!!!” He shouted, as flames really did peer out from his mouth.

“Lord Suicune, with all due respect, I don’t have any powers or anything at all that would do something to you and Celestia! Please, think about what you are doing...

“Exuberant is right! You are an idiot!”

“What did I do then!?!” The Adept shouted. “You keep on saying that I did something, yet you never said what it was!! I would not do anything to anyone, especially my mentor who I respect for god’s sake!! So why the accusations?!”

“Because you were the one who tripped and kissed… MY CELESTIA!!!”

“Uh… What the actual f*ck are you talking about?” The Adept asked. He was beginning to think that something was wrong with Suicune. The red blush on Suicune’s cheek would not make sense because it wouldn’t make sense for it to be there is Suicune was downright angry at him. “Suicune, I would NOT do anything to ruin your relationship with her and I respect it 100%. I would not even dare do anything LIKE THAT to your Celestia for christ’s sake! Can you just take like five seconds to calm down and think this through!?”

“Damn it… I know you didn’t mean to do it… but it happened!! Two drinks were served last night and one was to Lumen!!! The other was for somepony else. And because of that pony she hit you on the head and you fell! ON MY CELESTIA AND KISSED HER!!!” He explained.

“Wait… Who hit me on the head?” Lance asked. “I’m sorry for whatever happened, Lord Suicune. I apologize for everything… but if you said somepony hit me on the head, that meant that they knocked me into Celestia… and I would already be unconscious at that point.”

“You did pass out once you hit the floor…” Lumen then added, trying her best to help.

“I know… but quite frankly I can’t find that pony… meaning you're the only ones that’ll have to take the punishment for this… after all, Lumen was the one who offered the second drink to the other pony. Now tell me, would you prefer fire or ice?” He asked as he closed in on the duo.

“Oh NOW I remember… I gave the second drink to Pinkie Pie.” Lumen said as the thought came to her, causing both Lord Suicune and Lance to say the same statement at the exact same time, shocked by her statement.

“You did WHAT!?!!”

“I gave it to her thinking that Exuberant forgot to give her a drink and gave it to her instead,” Lumen replied, her memories coming back to her. “Who else would giggle before knocking Lance on the head?”

“Pinkie Pie was with Quicksilver all night… but perhaps you're onto something, but I’m very angry right now and you’re the only one I can release it on!” Suicune replied.

“Look, I already apologized and you don’t need to try and murder your own student!! Please, calm down… can we get off of this subject and regain our focus? Lumen’s recovering from a hangover, so she may not remember all of the details right now. And we only got a month left before Ozai and Elysium are to arrive,” The Adept pointed out to him so that Suicune did not have to break his bones again. “Shouldn’t we focus on trying to find yourself some allies rather than try to kill me right now?”

“You have to the count of ten to start running right now! One, Two, Three…” Suicune warned, but with the adept not moving. By the time he reached ten though, he got an… unexpected interruption.

“Suicune, what in the name of the sun are you doing!?” The noise came from Luna as she slammed the door open. She had originally come to talk to the Adept about the events of the night before and had Celestia come with her so the Adept could apologize. But as she was opening the door, the alicorn found Suicune attempting to kill Lance…… again.

“Nothing at all Luna… Just making sure that Lance Walker gets out of the room, before I lose my temper…”

“I brought Celestia with me so we could explain the situation to our guest, only to hear your voice roaring down the entire hallway. I already have my guards looking into the situation and trying to find out who was the mare that did this…” Luna told him, just as her sister stepped into the room as well. Who immediately saw Lance as soon as she stepped in.

“P-princess…” Lance stuttered, gulping a little as he looked at her, then back to Suicune before looking back at Celestia. “I… am truly sorry about the events of last night! I swear it won’t happen again!”

She didn’t look happy with the Displaced, but she was calm unlike Suicune. “You are too never speak of what had transpired last night! Suicune and I were…”

“I swear we’ll never talk about this again. I’m truly sorry that the two of you were embarrassed the other night…” The Adept said once again.

“You will make up for this Adept! I may not be able to hurt you! But that doesn’t mean I can’t humiliate you like you did to Celestia… Now we will talk about punishments once you return from your next task! There’s a displaced who is currently residing in another Equestria that has a striking resemblance to an old guard of mine 4000 years ago. Travel there now, before I decide to break your bones in front of the Princesses!” He shouted as Celestia blushed a bit in embarrassment.

“Lance Walker I may not be happy with you either… but do forgive your mentor. He’s been drinking a lot after what happened between the two of us. I’ll see if I can calm him down.” She said, walking past the Adept as she suddenly kissed Suicune, surprising everyone in the room.

“O… kay, is there anything… I’m specifically looking for with this next Displaced?” He then asked after clearing his eyes a bit.

“N-Nathan… Phoenix…” Was all he said as both him and Celestia blushed intensely. The Princess soon turned back to face everyone else.

“Leave now!” She said.

“Wait! Isn’t this-” Before Lance could finish, they were all thrown out of his room and the doors locked.

“My… room…”

“Well it was your room.” Lumen answered, trying to hide her blush. “But it looks like it’s theirs now.”

“I… shall inform Exuberant of… the situation.” Luna said, as she quickly trotted off, ignoring the sounds coming from the Adepts room. Lance headed off in the opposite direction, pretending none of that happened.

“Remind me to request a different room when we get back Lumen?” Lance asked as the breezie nodded.


The Throne Room

Lance and Lumen were alone in the throne room, waiting on Exuberant and Luna to arrive so then could go look for the next Displaced. So far, their only lead was a name. Nathan Phoenix… but it didn’t really explain much in terms of who or what he was to be precise. There was also another thought on his mind regarding Exuberant… and that had to deal with last night. She may have possibly seen who was the pony that hit him over the head. She didn’t have to know a name, but a visual reference could work just as well. Because he knew that for Ponies… when it comes to identifying them, a cutie mark was basically like a fingerprint. Each one was unique and no two ponies can have the same one under any circumstances. So, if they got a glimpse of the assailant’s cutie mark, they could get down to the bottom of this rather quickly.

It was only some time later that both of them did arrive. But he did not want to bring up a sore subject once more… especially if Luna already had her guards on the case. “Hello you two,” He greeted them with a slight bow. “How are you doing this morning, Exuberant?”

“I can’t believe you actually did that you pervert!” She shouted. “Kissing the Princess! If you’re going to kiss someone than kiss me!”

“Uh, Exuberant… Not to interrupt you, but somepony hit Lance over the back of the head and pushed him into Celestia,” Lumen caught her up to speed. “He was knocked out cold before even colliding with her.”

“Well it should have been me! Not some old pony! No offence to your sister Luna,” She said, as Luna shook her head.

“None taken Exuberant,” She replied. At that point, Lumen’s head was beginning to clear up as she looked at one of the tapestries on the wall. It’s design decorated with numerous fleur-de-lis’ in multiple colors.

“Uh… guys… I-i think I remember something from last night…” Lumen said, coughing a little before turning to face Luna and the others. “I… can’t remember what she looked like… but her cutie mark looked a lot like those symbols on the banner over there. Like two of them on top of one bigger one.” After saying the last part, she pointed towards the tapestry that she was looking at before hearing Luna respond.

“I suppose we shall deal with this another time… but for now I think it would be best for you to continue on with your mission. After all this next Displaced could be helpful.” She suggested.

“That I agree,” Lance replied back. “It would give time for Lumen to rest and also time for me to try and see if we can get any allies to assist Lord Suicune.” He was originally going to mention Luna informing her guards of the new information that Lumen had provided, but decided to refrain from bringing up a sore subject.

Even though Exuberant was upset that Lance had kissed Celestia and not her, she simply nodded as she opened the portal nonetheless, ignoring the Adept as he tried to ask what their next location was… only for Lumen to beat him too it.

“Hey Exuberant where are we going?” Lumen asked, only for the android to whisper the information to the breezies ear.

“Don’t tell that perverted jerk okay,” She said aloud only for Lance to facepalm himself.

“Exuberant, for the love of all things holy, I am not a pervert! You’re angry, I get that… so how do you want me to make it up to you?” He asked, trying to see if there was anything he could do so Exuberant wasn’t mad at him anymore.

“Take me on a date next time and maybe I’ll forgive you,” She said confidently.

“Hmm… if that’s the case… then how about after the mission. I know you are helping me get there, but I highly doubt that traveling to other worlds where there is a high possibility of either one of us getting killed is considered a ‘date’.” The Adept then took a moment to compose himself before looking back at Exuberant. Good lord, he hoped that Max didn’t want to strangle him around the neck by the time he got back home for this. “Oh… and remember when you said about how you wanted a kiss from me?”

“Yess~” She said getting a bit excited. It was then that the Adept them walked over to her and pulled her in for a kiss on the lips. Unlike the accident that happened last night, the adept intended to kiss her this time. He had a feeling that by doing this, Exuberant would calm down a little and not see him as some stupid jerk. He held it in for a while, before the two of them let go as Exuberant looked back at him.

“How was that?” Lance then asked her, wanting to hear her input on how he did. Her entire body literally turned bright red as she giggled a lot. Lumen couldn’t help but smile and cheer for them.

“It’s about time Lance! I had a feeling you weren’t going to do it!” She said, hugging the side of his face. “I can’t wait to tell Max about this!”

“Hold your horses on that one… I’ll tell her once we meet her, but first… I believe we got a job to do.” He told her, looking back at Luna… who was patiently waiting on them.

“Well I guess you should get going… Pervert~” Luna giggled, winking at them as she pushed them through the portal, before Lance could say anything. “I think that went well.”

“Yeah~.” Exuberant said, giggling still as she tried to suppress the redness of her blush. Still Luna thought to herself… how was an android was able to blush? “Uh… Luna… not to sound impolite or anything… but did you make sure to send Lance to the right coordinates he needed to be at?” The android did bring up a pretty valid point as she looked back at the alicorn, who just tilted her head in response.

“I don’t know… I’m not the android here am I?” She replied as she took a seat at Celestia’s throne, while Exuberant checked the coordinates on the teleporter.

“GOD NO WRONG BUTTON!!!” She shouted as she say that only a single digit was entered incorrectly. “Oh god, this is bad… this is really really bad…”

“What happened Exuberant?” Luna asked, only for the android to turn her head slowly before letting out a nervous chuckle.

“We… may have sent them… to a red zone…” She gulped, as Luna raised a brow.

“I’m sorry, but could you repeat that? It sounded like you said dead zone.” The mare asked, causing Exuberant to facepalm herself.

“Not a dead zone… A red zone is a place where we shouldn’t be at this time… and will most likely have something… deadly.” She chuckled nervously.

“Oh… that is indeed problematic… but I’m sure that if anything, Lance would be able to handle himself and whatever is thrown at him.” Luna said with a smile. “After all, he’s made it this far… I’m sure he’ll be just fine.”


Elsewhere

For Lance right now, unlike where the last time he went traveling to another world where he had jumped in feet first, Luna pushing him into the portal almost felt as if he was being thrown across a continent… and when he finally landed, he felt his back his a wall as the rest of him crashed down. Thankfully, he used some of his flashfield to slow down his descent… but it still stung the moment he was able to move on his own. “Uh… G-god that hurts… Lumen, are you okay?”

His question was answered when a dizzy breezie soon fell asleep inside of his hair. He figured that would happen at some point… but he did not think that he would land right where he was now. It was Canterlot. Specifically, the same hallway they were in only mere minutes ago… But Luna wasn’t there and neither was Luna. Could this have been some sort of accident somehow? Only was he knew for sure would be to-.

“What are you, Creature?” He looked up to see that it was Celestia… with a battle axe big enough to cleave his head from his body.

“W-woah there…” Lance replied, looking back at this Solar Princess with a nervous look on her face. “M-my name is Lance… I-i’m an adept. I was sent her to look for someone…” He was nervous for a moment, but it was another voice that soon spoke up and catch her attention. And that came from the pony next to her.

“Princess, this one doesn’t have the dark energy that we felt earlier… I don’t think he’s here to harm us.” When he looked over, the adept’s heart almost skipped a beat. It was Sunset… scratch that, another Sunset… but she was an Alicorn and not the unicorn that he remembered from back in his own world. It was still strange seeing the pony that gave him the chance to be part of the power ponies here, but he had seen stranger things and this was pretty low on the list.

“That is true… Forgive me for the hostility young one. I am Princess Celestia… Welcome to Equestria.” She told him, helping the Adept back on his feet. “I would want to continue our conversation, but we have a bit of a… situation at the moment.”

That caught Lance’s attention as he looked back at both alicorns with a raised eyebrow on his face. “A situation? Should I presume that based on what your… accomplice said earlier that is isn’t really a good situation?”

“Indeed… But I think it would be best for you to return home-” But before she could finish, Lance spoke up.

“Yeah… hate to break it to you, but I didn’t come here on my own. Someone sent me here to look for someone important, but it also means that I can’t go back until they’re ready to bring me back…” He said before noticing something different. A mass amount of energy that has the same equal strength as one of the princesses. Better yet, just as powerful as Suicune. “One last question… does this situation involved the massive energy source that’s just outside the castle?”

“This dark energy is spreading across the globe… It’s unlike anything I’ve ever felt before… If you really want too… then please go with my student and see what is causing all of this?” She replied.

“Uhh… Didn’t you hear what I said?” The Adept repeated himself, sighing for a moment when they looked at him with a confused stare. “What I mean is that whoever it is… he’s already here.”

Celestia looked confused for a moment, before she could reply the roof came crashing down, almost crushing the Adept and the others, before Celestia used her magic to create a barrier over them. Soon laughter began to fill the air as Lance looked up too see someone that looked familiar.

“So this is the energy that I’ve been sensing?” Lance thought to himself as he looked back at the figure he was seeing.

“Hehehe… So these are Equestria’s strongest warriors.Well… If you value your lives… than Praise me… for I am purity… I am Justice… I am your one and only God… Zamasu!”


End Strike 46

PreviousChapters Next