• Published 28th Mar 2015
  • 14,805 Views, 663 Comments

When lightning strikes... - FrostTheWolf



A boy wakes up in the world of the Power ponies as The Azure Striker; Gunvolt. However, if they see him as a hero or not is another story[Displaced story][Azure Striker Gunvolt/MLP crossover]

  • ...
65
 663
 14,805

PreviousChapters Next
Strike 32- Homefront

When Lightning Strikes- Homefront


Power Pony HQ

By the time Lance returned back to base, he was surprised at what was going on. Cody was back at the police department apparently, Zapp was with Mistress Marevelous, Solaria & Saddle Ranger and Filli-second was with Masked Matterhorn back at New Yoke. Which left him Humdrum and Ash with Radiance. He could hear Ash training in the Simulation room, but where he found the dragon and the white unicorn was someplace… different.

The Adept had found them inside the break room, the dragon sitting on one of the nearby beanbag chairs while Rarity was relaxing on her own personal sofa. She had a clipboard in magic aura and a quill with her as she began to write some things down. Despite the open glass windows and them being able to see the hallway outside the room, they didn’t notice Lance walk in as they continued to talk.

“You want a new suit, darling?” The unicorn asked, getting a nod of approval from the dragon.

“Yeah, I think I’ve outgrown my old one and thought that it was time for a new suit in general. Maybe one of those one size fits all kind of suits if you ask me.” The unicorn giggled at that though, jotting down the comment as a note on her pad of paper as she looked back at Spike and prepared her next question.

“Alright, darling. What did you have in mind for the suit specifically? Something brave? Heroic?”

“Well, I was thinking of something that made some heroes stand out… Ooh! Like Captain Cosmos!” The Dragon cheerfully replied, recalling every detail he remembered of her. “Everypony remembered her before she disappeared. I can picture it right now. The suit, the design… Oh, the cape and the boots-.”

Before he continued though, he and the Adept behind him heard the crumpling of paper and soon, Humdrum felt the paper ball bouncing across his forehead as he only heard two words from Radiance. “No capes.”

The dragon soon raised an eyebrow, looking back at the mare in confusion. “Umm… Radiance? I don’t mean to be rude but… don’t I get to choose how the suit is designed?”

The mare soon glared at him with a sinister look in her eyes before letting out a deep sigh. “Humdrum sweetie… Do you remember the hero that was once known as Avalanche? Tall, handsome stallion. Had snow and ice powers?” The dragon nodded, confused though at where exactly she was going with this. Lance though, had a feeling of what was going to happen.

“The date was November 10th, 1974. Another villain appeared with a machine to control tornados and the wind around him. He saved the day… if it weren’t for his cape getting snagged in the machines exhaust fans.”

Humdrum just rolled his eyes and looked back at Radiance. “Rarity, with all due respect, Avalanche was not the most brightest of heroes. His team mates said he had snow for brains-.”

“Amorous Archer!” Radiance cut him off. “ May 21st, 2005. A perfect bowmare that can help use her arrows for good and had any arrow reach her target. She had her cape get snagged by one of the arrows she fired and it took her with it all the way across the city.”

“Umm… Radiance? I think you might be taking this a little overboard? I mean you can’t just-.” The dragon tried to tell her, but the unicorn pressed on, ignoring his thoughts and continued speaking.

“Cobalt Colt, caught while galloping off a building!! Hightail, snagged prior to takeoff!! Sidewinder, entangled in a security gate at the mayor's office!! Monsoon, cape got tangled as he was trying to stop a hurricane from reaching Griffonstone!!! NO CAPES!!” The unicorn yelled furiously, accidently throwing her pad of paper to the side. Which in turn, hit Lance in the face.

“Oww! What the heck guys!?”

Both of them turned to see the Adept and the bruise left on his forehead. “Lance? I thought you were in New Yoke with Twilight!!”

“She and Pinkie had got things under control there, so I came back to check on you guys.” Lance replied, not mentioning his encounter with Twilight Mist. “How’s Ash doing?”

“That… we don’t know. Haven’t checked on her yet since Humdrum here asked me to help him design a new suit for him.” Radiance glared at Humdrum, who gulped upon being looked at. Soon though, the pony they were talking about had opened the door upon noticing Lance’s return.

“Uh, hey. What’s going on?” Ash asked. She was wearing a black helmet with the number 69 painted in white on it as well as a black suit with the same numbers on the right shoulder.

“There you are,” the Adept smiled, getting down to one knee to get on her level. “I was just wondering about you. What’s with the fancy suit though? I’m kind of curious about that since I haven’t seen one of them before.”

“It’s the pony training suit. Mask wanted to test my powers and see how they work, and how far they’re developed. They apparently did this to everypony back in the day because they didn’t know what they were.” Ash said, “She’s been freaking out about the how and why because the scans don’t show anything, whatever that means…”

“They don’t show anything?” The Adept asked. He clearly remembered seeing her show her powers when he had encountered her in Centrail City. But he wondered why it wouldn’t show anything. “Hmm… That’s strange.”

“Twilight said there were reading but they were unclear, and whatever was making my powers work was throughout my body. How’d it go in New Yoke?”

“It went… rather well. Twilight and Pinkie are talking to the commissioner right now, but the one thing that confused me was something that Humdrum showed me when Cody and Zapp got back from Seaddle. Have you seen this?” He asked, showing him the transmission of the Zero Hour warning from earlier.

“Wow… What the hay does it mean?” Ash tilted her head.

“I’m not sure, but I have a hunch that it’s connected to the prison facility named the Zero Zone.” The Adept explained. Soon though, Radiance was rushing back from central control and opening the door.

“Everypony, we got a situation.”

“What’s wrong?”

“Armed Robbery at the Maretropolis Museum-.”

“Cool!” Ash said, but a glare from Radiance made her change her statement, “I-I mean, oh no, what’re we gonna do… Heh...”

Radiance had Ash and Lance follow them into the main command center, where she put everything related to the current events on screen. “About a few moments ago, these two criminals that the police department called “The Junkers” just set off a massive charge of explosives and stole a Royal Ruby that was on display from Neighland. They only have one accomplice, who I personally am surprised to see out on the streets.”

“Who’s that?” Lance asked. Humdrum soon pulled up a few keys to show a white pony with a brown mane and no cutie mark that Radiance had seen before.

“Anarchy. An earth pony with the power to control and manipulate paint… Personally, I thought that she was locked up in the Zero Zone.” Humdrum said.

“Well she isn’t now.” Ash commented, “Maybe they let her out on good behavior… Do they do that?”

“Not with ponies in the Zero Zone,” Humdrum told Ash. “Most ponies, like Anarchy, are supposed to be incarcerated for life. How she’s out now is beyond me.”

“Still, whatever the reason, we need to deal with three of them.” Lance pointed out. “Radiance and I should pursue those Junkers while Ash should go after Anarchy. We can have Humdrum on comms to help her if she gets in trouble.”

“M-me on a mission!? On my own?” Ash asked, surprised.

“You worked really hard to get to this point Ash,” Lance told her, getting down to her size. “You can do this. I know you can. Now, who ready to kick some bad guy flank?”

Ash threw her hoof in the air, “I am!”

The Adept smirked, looking at Radiance as she god her mask on. “Alright team, let’s go!”


Anarchy trotted in circles, bored out of her mind. “What am I doing here...?” She mumbled to herself. All she remembered was to provide support for two of the other members of the Suicide Squad, but she wasn’t exactly told how. Both Junkrat and Roadhog were an insane pair of idiots that left destruction everywhere they went, so why did they need her?

She soon saw a reason that was running across the rooftops. A white unicorn in a suit along with a blond human. By Celestia, that was Radiance and the Azure Striker! How did they get word of what was going on so quickly!?

“So, you’re the one who helped Rathog and Junkroad!” She heard from behind her.

Anarchy wanted to laugh, but she kept her calm. “That isn’t how you say their names.” She turned around to see Ash. “You seem a bit lost, kid. Want me to show you the door?”

“Wha-” Ash was cut off as a blast of white paint hit her in the face, blinding her. Anarchy tried to hop off the roof, but a blast of ash knocked the wild out of her, causing the paint controller to land on another building.

Anarchy looked up at Ash, surprised to see no paint on her face. “How-”

As if to answer her question, Ash turned into her elements and rematerialized on the same rooftop, flakes of white and grey circling her, “I’m not some newbie, Anarchy. I’m a full on nightmare.”

The white mare burst out laughing and righted herself on her hooves, “You’re messing with the big leagues now, runt…”

Ash just glared and sent a barrage of smoke and ash towards Anarchy, but this time the villain turned into black paint and just rushed through it like nothing. The paint morphed into a tall bipedal with blade arms. Anarchy began her assault, trying and failing to strike Ash, and only achieving small scratches when the teen wasn’t paying attention.

Ash tried her hardest, but any attack she dealt, Anarchy would either dodge or the attack wouldn’t do anything.

Anarchy’s form turned white, “I would love to continue this, but it’s getting boring…” Anarchy turned into her pony form and just fell off of the building. Ash galloped to the edge and turned into smoke to follow.

Anarchy landed on the ground and looked up, “Would you just quite? I don’t even know what I’m supposed to do to you!” As Ash was about the collide with Anarchy, she turned into her pony form and the paint master sidestepped. Ash lay unconscious on the floor.

“Still don’t see the point in me being here.” Anarchy muttered in annoyance. But soon, the crackle of lightning can be heard and when she turned around, a fistful of electricity was slammed into her face as it sent her flying a few buildings. Lance felt Ash’s energy diminish earlier and tried to hurry to her. Now, he was using Galvanic Patch to help heal her and regain her strength.

“You okay?”

“My face hurts… And I can’t do anything to her…” Ash groaned in pain.

“That wasn’t nice~” Cooed Anarchy as she stood up, “I feel all fuzzy now. Oh! Hi Radiance! How are you, it’s been a year and a half since the last time I saw you, is your sister getting better at math?” An evil smirk made it’s way onto her face.

Radiance cringed a little. Earlier, trying to pursue the junkers on hoof was like next to impossible. But Lance was able to tag their motorcycle so they could trace it back to their hideout later. Right now, Ash needed backup and she needed whatever help she could get.

“Don’t you start… How the hay did you get out of the Zero Zone in the first place?”

“Need to know, and you don’t need to. I’m here, not there, that’s what matters… Oh, and your sisters schoolwork… Oh! I just thought of something!” Anarchy’s face twitched in excitement. Her body went back into it’s bipedal form, but much to their horror, it turned into Stopwatch’s old self. “Hero vs. Hero… Sort of.”

Lance now grinned a little. “If you think that I’m the same as Stopwatch…” The Adept soon blurred out, quickly accelerating forward and slashing across Anarchy with his energy blade. The weapon’s heat radiated from the hilt as the cut went across her body. “Guess again… Faker.”

Anarchy yelped in pain and backtracked. She held her wound and giggled, “I don’t see a difference… Other than he was willing to go farther…” She pulled out a weird stone that glowed with a blue aura, “And sometimes I was even a match for Stop…” She crushed the stone, and blood trickled from her eyes. A spark of purple lightning came from her hand, and a sword made from blood came from the other, as well as a strange vibration from her body, “I’ve been known to copy well…”

And suddenly she was behind Lance and went for a cutting motion that hit it’s mark. However, the one thing that surprised her was that Lance didn’t move. At all. Instead, he grinned and turned to look back at her.

“You think a simple trick like that could surprise me. The pain is real sure, but I know exactly where you are.”

The illusion died, and Anarchy stepped back, “H-how… Even Stopwatch took days to figure it out!”

“Unlike him, I can sense and control energy. Your little rock was pulsing with so much that I could tell what was the real you and what wasn’t.” The Adept told her, his abilities healing the wound. “I told you that I wasn’t the same as him. Now, you slipped up.”

“Maybe, but there isn’t a prison that could hold me. There’s nothing you can do anyway.” Anarchy said, shrugging, “I haven’t commited a crime, and if you say I hurt Ash, I’d say it was self defense, which it was.”

The Adept smirked. “Good… but not enough. What are you now? A Drifter… or would you happen to know about something called The Suicide Squad.”

“A Suicide Squad!? Ha! I wouldn’t commit suicide or be affiliated with that name! I’d call it Ravagers or Doomsday! Now if you’ll excuse me, I have some shopping to do!”

“Highly doubt that…” Before either party could say anything, a shot went off in between Lance and Anarchy. Turning in the direction, Anarchy’s eyes widened at who she was seeing that landed on the rooftop.

“Well… I guess that’s my cue. Love to stay and chat about old times, Rarity, Lance, but I gotta go!” She jumped up to the rooftop and joined the shooter. However, to her surprise, he didn’t leave yet. He instead just looked at Lance for a couple of moments. All before he heard some shouting from his partner. He then turned around and took off with her, but Lance noticed that something had landed at the point where the gunslinger was standing. Moving forward, what he found was an old photograph. One that he remembered with a note on the back.

Stay safe, Son.

“Wow, these humans keep coming out of the woodwork…” Ash said sitting up. “What’s that?”

Lance sighed. “It’s a picture… from my childhood.” He said, turning around a little and looking back in the distance. “That man was my father.”

“Wow, you’re family’s coming out of the woodworks. Aunt, Father, who’s next, your cousin?” Ash joked.

“Actually, he’s already Displaced. I still need to make sure Aya see’s him though,” He retorted as he placed the picture in his back pocket. “But let’s not focus on me though, Rarity? How come Anarchy knew your name?”

“W-well… she and I once knew each other at one point along with everypony else I know when I used to be a Mane Stylist.” The White Unicorn told him. “Her name is Pale Heart… She’s really jealous over me and my sister, Sweetie Belle though.”

“Must be a psycho thing…” Ash said.

“It’s because she always wanted to have a daughter, but a few days after giving birth, her child was stolen from her. She even told me what her name was going to be,” Radiance continued to speak. “After her child was taken, she… well… snapped.”

“What was the child’s name?” Lance asked out of curiosity, remembering the case with Equilis and the stolen children.

“She called her child… Drift.”

“What a coincidence. My names Drift Rod.” Ash said, snickering. But Rarity wasn’t laughing. She instead was staring at Ash.

“Oh my stars…” She gasped.

“What?” Asked Ash.

“T-that’s the same name she gave her child… Drift Rod.” That’s when Lance realized it too.

“Holy sh*t…”

“Oh come on guys, it’s only a name. How many foals could have been named Drift-.” Ash said. Until Lance cut her off.

“How many foals besides you and Sparkler were taken from your parents that survived?” Lance told her. “There was only you, Sparkler, Steelwing and Weep. Not to mention the fifth one that bolted the moment the police showed up… Ash… Do you realize what this means?”

Ash just glared, “There were more than five that we killed… I’m not going to go around assuming that a supervillain who was friends with a mentor that had a baby taken with the same name as me when it could have been anyone who stole the kid.”

Lance sighed, looking towards his bracer. “I think I can figure out a way to solve this one. Hey Aurora, can I ask you for some help?”

“No, Ash’s DNA is about as messed up as Cupcake. I wouldn’t be able to unless I worked on it for weeks 24/7.” Aurora simply said, “But… I’ll give it a shot.”

“I don’t need a DNA test. I need you to look through the medical records at the Maretropolis hospital. Look for the name “Drift Rod” and see what results you find.”

“There’s a problem with that. I tried the same thing for Sparkler, but when I looked up her birth in the database, they said the foals died as a fetal and give no name.”

“Must’ve been cover up,” Lance cursed. “I just want to make sure that there aren’t any other ponies with the same name. Can you do that?”

“Only in Maretropolis? Because then we’re leaving out a lot of possible groun-” Aurora was stopped as Ash growled.

“If she is, I don’t want to know! I don’t care about a mother or father, I just don’t!”

“Ash, please… this is only for us to know. We don’t care about that… we just care that you have a better future.” Rarity told her, calming her down. “Aurora. I was there in Maretropolis hospital when Pale went into Labor. It’s the only place she would ever go due to her being… stubborn.”

“I’m not scared of you guys… I just… You know how you picture love? That it’ll be perfect, that everything you’ve dreamed about is how you want it…”

Lance bent over and placed a hand on her shoulder. “I know. My life wasn’t perfect either… My mother died on the same night I was born. I watched my father kill himself right in front of me. Now, I see you guys as a family that I would want to be a part of rather than the life I left behind. Personally, Ash, in a way… you’re like a sister to me. I never had siblings, but in a way, I feel strongly connected to you. So please… just take it from me. Life can be scary at times, but… you just have to be brave and persevere.”

Ash just stared at the ground, “Fine. Just don’t tell me, I don’t wanna know…” She began trotting away, followed by Lance and Radiance as they went back. Unaware that Aurora had finished the search.

It only had one result.


Meanwhile,

“You were fighting my son?”

“I wasn’t gonna kill ‘em. I even used an illusion stone I took from a newer member I knew. She doesn’t need it though.” Anarchy threw the remains to the side were on, “I’d say he was… Meh. Kinda decent, but I can’t really compare. You can either hurt me unfairly, or you can’t at all.” McCree just looked at her in shock.

“Did he hurt you?”

“A little, but I heal fast.” Anarchy said.

“From what I remember, my son is always one to catch you by surprise.” The gunslinger explained as he hung up his gunbelt and poncho he was wearing. “Thirsty?”

“Nah, I’m good. Thanks for asking though.” McCree nodded, pouring himself some water before taking a seat at the table they were at.

“Sorry if I’m pressuring you about what I said earlier. The first thing you don’t want to hear about after seven years of not knowing is becoming something you didn’t think he was before.” He told her, taking a sip. “His aunt, Silvia, always had me a little bit worried after her husband died. But she was relieved a bit. Told me that he was a complete asshole.”

“Boy I know the feeling…” Anarchy sat in a chair and laid back. “But what’s this got to do about ‘seven years of not knowing’.” She said the last part teasingly. “The Silvia thing kind of came out of nowhere.”

“Seven years ago was when I first came here… and the last thing I remembered was me committing suicide.” He told her, setting his glass down. “I thought I was dead, only to wake up here. When I found out that this was a different world, I realized that I left my son behind in a world I had forgotten. I’m trying to hold on to what little memories I have left… Ironically though, you’ve been helping me.”

“Flattered, but what I meant was why you told me about Lance’s aunt.” Anarchy questioned, “Seemed out of the blue.”

“Yeah, it just seemed good in my head at the time. I really should think more before saying something I regret.” McCree answered, looking back at her.

Anarchy giggled, “Yeah, you should…”

McCree smiled a little, noticing the mare’s tone of voice. “Somepony’s a little cheerful tonight. I remember that you weren’t so… open to being partners with me when we first met.”

“Eh, I guess you warmed up to me.” Anarchy smirked, “And that was when I didn’t know you. The cat’s out of the bag, so I’m comfy.”

McCree smiled a little. He noticed the sun about to set and then turned to look back at Anarchy. He noticed the pony shiver up a little as he got up and put his glass in the sink. “Cold?”

“Yeah… And my bed’s being cleaned after I… Painted it in my sleep.” She blushed, “I get weird dreams.”

“Well… if it’s okay with you… you can sleep with me if you want.” He offered, taking off the shirt he had on and placing it in a nearby laundry hamper so he can stretch out his mechanical arm.

Anarchy’s face went from pink to full blown red and her nose looked about ready to bleed. “Wh-what...?”

“Well, I don’t want you to have to sleep on the couch or the floor, so I’m letting you sleep on my bed. As for your dreams... maybe you just need some company?” He offered. “I’m not trying to make this weird or anythi-.”

“No! I’m f-fine with it!” She almost too eagerly said. She scratched the back of her head, “I-I-I-I-I mean… Sure…” McCree looked at her, opening the door to his room and out of respect, allowed for Anarchy to go in first. She trotted in and sat on the bed. McCree soon followed her inside as he closed the door behind him and looked back at the mare.

“Comfy enough for you?”

“I-it’s fine…” Anarchy said, trying to hide her face.

“What’s wrong?” He soon asked. “Why are you trying to cover your face?”

Anarchy rubbed her cheek, “This is embarrassing…”

McCree shook his head, having his arm be around her shoulders. “No it isn’t. Actually, I think it’s kind of… cute.” The last part he stuttered, unsure if it was the right word to say or not.

“C-cute…?” Anarchy looked up at McCree, slightly shocked. “What does that m-mean?”

“Well… It means you look… beautiful.”

“B-... Beautiful?” Her body turned red and her forelegs were jittering. But McCree tried to ease her tensions by laying a hand on her back.

“Hey… It’s okay… What’s wrong?”

“N-nothing… It’s just that… No one’s ever said I’m… That… Not even my… Not even Rebel.” Anarchy’s breathing was heavy, “Thank you…”

McCree just smiled, using his arms to hug her a little. “You’re welcome… Pale Heart…”

“Oh… You’re such a sap.” She joked, “I think you’re warming me up!” She laughed. “I’m still sleepy, your son’s really tiring.” She smirked slyly.

“Well… Maybe I can help you relax a little…”


Back at Power Pony HQ

As Lance and the others return from their mission, they were only given a short break before alarms were going off in every sector of the building.

“What the-!? What’s going on?!” Humdrum was frantically trying to figure out why the tower’s alarms were frantically going off right around now. But soon, he found out exactly what happened. “Oh no… We got a code red!!”

“Oh no!” Ash said, before tilting her head, “What’s a code red?”

“Think like when you burn cookies in an oven, but worse.” Humdrum told her.

“That is pretty bad,” Ash said, “So what’s up?”

“Well… Earlier today, officials from the Zero Zone were doing a prison transfer. However, it was interrupted when a punk from Sumeragi caused the carriages to go everywhere. Almost all the villains in the transfer, except for one, are on the loose and Blaster is back with her crew in Detrot and trying to cause trouble.” Radiance soon let out a gasp of shock, but Lance and Ash both looked at her in confusion.

“Who’s Blaster?”

“She’s a clone of Zapp. But her creators turned her into a cyborg before letting her and clones of the other Power Ponies loose. Blaster did turn good, as well as Echolight and Saddle Breaker, but the police department at the time attacked her base and killed all of her team besides a few, and she was placed in the Zero Zone.” Aurora explained, “They did something to her and now she’s insane and in charge of the clones again.”

“Call Zapp and the others and have them get to Detrot. Ash and I can rest here and try to find out who else got out because of this attack.” Lance told them, while Rarity used the chance to hurry and meet up with the rest of her team. “Aurora, can you help Humdrum with finding out who got out?”

“Sure thing, I know most of them.” Aurora faded out of Lance’s bracer and possessed the main console. A little sprite of Aurora appeared, “Ready! Just don’t mess with my sprite!”

“I won’t.” Lance told her.

“Let’s get started Humdrum!” Aurora said. Humdrum cracked his knuckles and then opened up a few different documents. One from before the transfer and after. All Aurora had to do was cross reference the names and see which ones weren’t on the list anymore. It took some time, but soon, the two of them were able to find out all the information that they could from just those two documents alone.

“Alright. Got it! Aurora, you’re up!”

“Ohh… This isn’t good…” The spirit said, “Some of daddy’s biggest foes are out. Luckily Roach is still locked up though. But we got pony’s like the Purple Mare, Fantasy, Shipper, the clones, Big Brother and Little Sister, and more…”

“Why do Big Brother and Little Sister remind me of Bioshock?” Lance questioned.

“That’s actually what daddy said. Those two are pretty much undead, barely any traces of pony left in them.”

“Great…” Lance groaned, before asking a new question. “What about the others? What are they capable of?”

“Just about everything you could think of. Shipper can mess with emotions, Fantasy can bring story book characters alive, Purple Mare can… Bend reality, etc, etc. There are too many to list off.” Aurora stated.

“Which one’s should we be the most concerned about?”

“Purple Mare… Um, the clones and Hybrid are pretty bad, and there’s one called Raindrops who went nuts.” Aurora said, “She had the power over water, but Roach messed with her mind and now she has nightmare powers.”

Lance thought all of this through inside his head. Then, he thought something… that he needed to address. “Guys… Something’s not right.”

“Is there anything that’s right?” Asked Ash, then she looked down. “Aw crap, I wore my training suit on the field!”

“No, it isn’t that,” Lance told her as he saw Ash begin to take off the suit. “Think about it… If Twilight, Solaria and the girls are engaging the clones… and we’re the only one’s here… Why do I get a feeling that something is going to be knocking at our door real soon?”

“We just figured out that not only has Anarchy and your father teamed up, but that also the Sumeragi has broken out a lot of Stopwatch’s old enemies he’s taken years to defeat. I think we all know somethings gonna knock on our door.” Ash suggested. It was only then did the three of them feel a small rumble as Aurora returned to Lance’s bracer. The three of them looked at each other as Lance grabbed one of his guns. There was a shift in the air… and something did not feel right at all.

He then turned around, looking at Ash. “You just had to jinx it, didn’t you?”

“What’s a jinx?” Ash asked.

“You know… when you say something you don’t mean to happen… but it happens anyway?”

“I call that a coincidence… What-.” That was when Lance noticed a few pebbles land by Ash’s hooves… and his eyes widen.

“Move-!!” Lance yelled, dashing across the room and grabbing Ash as the cracks gave way in the ceiling. A purple mare soon crashed into the room, grinning sinisterly… But it wasn’t just any purple mare…

It was The Purple Mare…

“Hello sweetie~” She said. Her eyes were black where they should have been white, and white where there was supposed to be black. “I’m home~”

“It’s the Purple Mare!!!” Screamed Aurora as she flew away. Ash stared at the mare in fear, and Humdrum prepared to run. But instead, Lance just stood there. He didn’t move an inch. Instead, he stood his ground. Looking back at the mare with a stern gaze.

The Purple Mare smirked darkly, “So… You’re the one who killed my last brother. I’d applaud you on a good job, but I’m too angry.” Her smirk turned into a frown.

“Killed would not be the right term to use. Exposed him of his evil-doings yes, but Equillis killed himself. Jumped out a blood window from two stories up. My weapons can’t split his head open like a fall from that high up can.”

The Purple Mare’s face turned into a scowl, “But you’re the one who broke his mind! I won’t be that easy! He was family… No one touches family.”

“Ironic coming from the fact that he took children away from their families.” Lance grinned, electricity crackling around him. “You made a grave mistake coming here…”

“Nah, I’m not really in a grave yet. Nova’s a nice guy though, you met him yet Lance?”

Lance himself flinched at Nova’s name. What did he have to do with this psychopath though? His old friend was better than making friends with crazies. “I’m surprised by the fact that you know my name… did Nova tell you that?”

“No, I read the paper.” Purple joked, “Of course. He helped free us.”

“I figured as much… I’m curious about one thing though… Ms. Mare.”

“Call me Purple.” she said.

“Purple… I believe you had an old colleague that has long been gone. Went by the codename… Lash-?”

“Lashy’s none of you buisness.” She said, glaring, “And why am I not killing you all? I’m better than useless dialogue!”

“Well, how about a compromise. One last question… and then you can try to hit me with your best shot… Purple.” Lance retorted. “Did Lash have any family at all? Children? I bet you know the answer judging from your insanity.”

“Insanity is a way of perspective. In my eyes, you’re all crazy!”

Seconds later, a bolt went flying past her neck as smoke fizzled from Lance’s gun. “Answer the damn question or the next one will hurt.”

“He had family, yes.” Purple said, smiling proudly… “What, you asked two questions, did he have family, and did he have kids. I answered the first because you said it first and I only agreed to that!”

“Then why not this… Answer the second question… and I’ll let you strike first.”

She tapped her chin in thought, “Nope. You lied about your agreement.” And with that, two grey souls appeared either side of her. The two child spirits trotted closer to Lance.

“I never lied…” The Adept retorted, disappearing in a blitz and reappearing in front of her, “I gave you an opportunity that you passed up.” With electricity curling through his two front fingers, he slammed them onto the purple mare’s forehead as electricity danced around the two of them. Lance though, began to see things that… were beyond shocking. He couldn’t even tell if this was true or not. Until one thing he saw really caught his attention.

It was a mare. A mother, holding a newborn in her hooves. The mare herself looked exactly like the purple mare, but one thing though made no sense at all.

The newborn looked exactly like Aurora.

The Purple Mare snuggled the newborn and looked up to see a light blue Unicorn.

“She looks too much like you.” She teased.

The stallion just rolled his eyes, “Gem, the genetics go half and half, she’ll have your wits, and my looks.”

“But Lash~” Whined Gem. Lash just tapped her nose.

“I know…” A sorrowful look crossed his face, “You know we can’t keep her. They’ll do tests on her, and Equilis says they’re making them harder. She won’t survive.”

Gem looked to the baby, tears welling up, “I… I know… Lash… Are we going to lose our minds?”

“I… I don’t know. I met somepony a few years ago, her name is Sweetheart. She’ll take care of her.” He picked the foal up. She started to cry, and Gem quickly stood up.

“Wait! Can I… At least name her?”

Lash nodded. Gem looked at the foal shakily, “Aurora Spirit…” She choked out.

When Lance snapped back to reality, he could not believe what he had just seen. Or what he had just found out. The search for answers on Aurora’s family was over. But what he had found out was not what he expected at all as he skidded backwards and away from the mare.

“Holy sh*t… You… You’re Aurora’s mother.”

“Yes,” She said before smacking Lance, “And you never asked permission inside my head you bastard!” Three spirits appeared, each looking like a foal. “It came to my attention when Stopwatch killed Joking…”

“Then why are the hell are you trying to attack the one taking care of YOUR DAUGHTER!?!”

“I lost my filly the day I lost myself… Or is it found myself, I think it’s that one.” She then rolled her eyes, “Plus, she thinks Sweetheart was her mother… I’d hate to destroy what she thought reality.”

Lance just gritted his teeth as he stared her down. But something in his eyes made The Purple Mare flinch a little. The glare in his eyes reminded her strangely of… Equilis. “You are sick. No wonder you’re the way you are. You’ve lost your sanity so much that you don’t deserve to have Aurora. Now I know why she’s afraid… Because you are a psycho.”

Purple deadpanned, “I think we’ve already reached that conclusion.”

“No wonder you’re just like Equilis and Lash-.”

“Lash never did anything to you!”

“True, but you both did something to Aurora. You abandoned her. And for that… Lash deserved what he got.”

Purple laughed, “Abandon her… You’re joking. I saved her from experiments that five grown ponies went mad over! It was keeping her safe or letting her die!” She shrieked.

Lance though, just spat at the ground, looking back at her. “If you really did care for her, then you would not lie to her about her whole life. You made her whole life a lie. If it weren’t for Stopwatch, who knows what would happen to her. She see’s him as a better parent then either Lash or you.”

Purple’s eyes turned red, and so did the spirits. All of them leaked black tar, and Purple choked on it. The spirit’s rammed into Lance, causing him to howl in pain. He still held his ground, trying to fire a few shots off and fight against the enraged mare. But anything that he did… couldn’t hurt her.

The Purple Mare began to smile. The spirits began shoving themselves inside of Lance, their cries echoing through his subconscious.

“You don’t know… Do you…?”

Images of Equilis being cut open, awake and screaming in pain as scientists played around with his insides, injecting something into his exposed heart.

“The Puppets may have been taken and forced to kill one another…”

The image of Purple flashed in his head, alone in an enclosed room as hours, days, weeks passed without so much as a drop of water.

“But we were the playthings of ponies… We went through the same things and more…”

Another image, this one of a mare he hadn’t seen before.

“Please! Let me out! It hurts! Please!!!”

Her cries were ignored as a few stallions strapped her to a table and prepared a syringe with a glowing red liquid. They injected her, and she cried out for her mom. She was nothing but a teenager.

“They added more ponies to the mix, but they ended their lives in insanity. Didn’t try to help them or anything. Only the five of us survived.”

It was the mare again, crying in her cell. A pony guard came in, a gun trained on her. She looked pleading, begging almost. The Unicorn guard shot her, but she miraculously survived. He was about ready to terminate her, but she bit onto his neck. He started shooting her, and each bullet went through her, drawing blood. The guard tried to do a headshot, but she ripped his horn off, severing his magical connection. She jabbed it into the stallion's neck, killing him slowly.

The mare coughed up blood, and started to freak out. But she stopped, and started laughing.

“And leaving Aurora in the hooves of a friend is worse…”

Lance snapped back to reality. The Purple Mare was trotting away.

“I’d kill you if you were younger! So there isn’t any fun for me… Ta ta!”

“Not yet… I have a present for a monster like you” The Adept said, covered in his own blood as he got off one shot. A Mizuchi bolt. It went off with blazing speeds as it struck the mare in the right shoulder. She yelped in pain, and shot a translucid spike into Lance’s knee. The Adept howled in pain. Falling backward onto the ground as his left hand grabbed the spike. “A monster that murders children for fun.”

With the last of his strength, he yanked the jagged spike out of him, shortly before passing out on the floor and watching the mare leave through the window in the distance.


Detrot (A few moments earlier)

Blaster, a clone of the hero Zapp. That was what she was. All she was. Over and over… Until she shot her creator in the face.

“Timber!!!” The cyborg screamed as the TNT at the bottom of a skyscraper went off and it went sideways with a satisfying crash. Looking over her work, Blaster nodded and high hoofed Saddle Breaker, a clone of Saddle Rager.

“That was impressive!” Said Black Mask, Masked Matterhorn’s clone, or Echolight. “But there needs to be… A song after it!”

“Echo!!” A voice cried out, catching the attention of the three mares as Masked Matterhorn, Zapp and Saddle Rager soon landed. “Stop this now!!!”

The trio turned around. Blaster smirked, “Or what? You guys didn’t care when we were taken, sad or chased out of Maretropolis!”

“We’ve got a new gig with the Sumeragi! At least that has anti-jail cards!” Yelled Saddle Breaker. She turned to Echolight and whispered, “They do, right?”

Echo shrugged, “I donno, I just joined because… Reasons?”

Blaster stomped on the ground in anger, “What did I say!? Don’t get confused!” A white helmet wrapped around her face, “I don’t think our parents even cared anyway.” Blaster put extra emphasis on the word parents and she looked at the three mares.

“You want a fight? You are going to get it!!” Zapp growled, charging in at Blaster while avoiding the attacks that came from the cyborgs mounted shoulder cannons. The Energy blasts caused the other two mares to scatter as they clashed with their Doppelganger counterparts. Zapp herself clashed with Blaster, trying to use her lightning to overload her systems. But Blaster was too quick for her, using her shoulder cannons to blast the pegasus into a nearby building.

The power pony was quick to bounce up on her hooves, but the direct hit that she had taken moments before really weakened her.

“Hahahah! Oh, you have no idea how long I’ve waited for this mom.” Blaster spat her last word as electricity shot from her hooves. Zapp dodged immediately to the right, using her powers to cough up a cloud of dust to blind Blaster.

“Blaster, what is the meaning of all this!? We gave you a home and now, you act like this!!! We didn’t know of your disappearance until we heard of you getting locked up!!”

“And you left me there.”

“Because you murdered somepony! You’re just abusing your gifts, Blaster!! This isn’t what I trained you to be!!! I taught you better!”

Blaster stared at the ground, “Is that what they said...? What I did…? I was arrested because I was framed! My creators wanted to get me off the streets, so they told Clayton to arrest me!” Two energy blades came out of her hooves.

“What-!? Who the buck is Clayton!!?”

“The person running The Zero Zone!” Blaster shot out of her turrets. Zapp used her powers to emit an electric force field around herself. Blocking all of Blaster’s shots. She was going to go catch Blaster by surprise, but soon, an urgent call on her radio com-line went off.

It was Humdrum.

Girls!! All of you get back here quick!! The base has been hit!

“What the-? Blaster, you sly little-! Did you try attacking the base!!?!” Zapp shouted.

Blaster growled, “The child killer wanted a distraction, so we gave her a distraction.”

“Wait… Child killer?” Then, Humdrum’s next transmission came in. The message not only shocked her, but scared her too.

HQ’s been attacked by the Purple Mare. We’re okay… but Lance… he’s bleeding out bad.

“Oh no… Twilight, we need to retreat now!” Zapp yelled, racing past Blaster and smashing her face when regrouping with her friends. “Lance’s is in bad shape. He’s bleeding out because of that child murderer!!” Twilight herself was shocked, but soon used her magic to whisk them out of there. Blaster though, looked back at the mark on her face… and grinned.

“Heh. See you soon mom.”

Saddle Breaker helped her up, while Echolight sighed sadly.


Infirmary

“Is he… Gonna be okay?” Ash asked, nervously.

“He’s breathing and his body heals faster than normal,” Twilight told Ash as she used her magic to set him on the bed in the medical wing. “But I’m not sure when he will be awake. Sometimes, things like this could take just a few hours. But other times, it takes much longer to heal… I still can’t believe he actually removed the spike that was impaled in him on his own.”

“Guys! Guys!” Aurora yelled from the central computer, “Purple Mare wasn’t here just to toy with us! She stole or wiped every file we had!” Twilight was shocked to hear that at first, but Spike had already been one step ahead. In his room, he had a 160GB flash drive that had backup files of everything they had. Also, anything that was stolen from a foreign source would activate an erasure algorithm that he used based off of Stopwatch’s Partner, Gadget. However… one thing the Drake could not prepare for was an… unexpected guest.

WHERE’S THE F**KER WHO HURT LANCE?! Max bellowed, completely surrounded by a white aura. Her hair was waving in a non-existent wind and her eyes blazed white.

Ash nearly fainted, and Aurora was too shocked. Everyone else was just shocked.

“M-max!?” Solaria was the first to speak as she saw the fuming woman. “Max, calm down please!! You’ll disturb him-.”

Max’s voice quieted, but it was no less powerful. “Calm down?! His token starts spitting out lightning and then I find him like this and you tell me to CALM DOWN!?

“Hey… Look at the bright side! He’s stable!” Ash giggled nervously, already shaking in fear.

The livid woman turned her gaze to the mare, the aura fading a bit. “That may be so, but the one who did this will die a million deaths before I’m satisfied with revenge.

It was only then though that Max heard something other than the voice of the ponies around her. “M-max?”

Max was instantly next to the bed, not a trace of her rage left as tears fell from her face. “Lancie... If you didn’t have responsibilities here, you’d be safe in my universe.”

“Max, don’t cry… Please…” Lance told her. “I’ve already seen many things… I don’t want to see you like this…” The Adept tried to adjust himself in his bed, soon removing the covers to show all the bandages that spanned across his chest, arms, and the leg that the Purple Mare had impaled earlier.

“The one time I rush over without Discord...”

“You wouldn’t want to deal with what I faced, Max… She’s more than what you think-.”

“What? Like a crazed child murderer!?” Rainbow snapped as she bursted in. Lance shook his head, giving a deep breath.

“Girls… can I just have this talk be between Aurora, Ash, Max and I please?”

“Dude, Aurora doesn’t need to hear anything about this sicko.” Ash said.

“Yes she does, Ash. I’m serious…”

“It doesn’t matter who she is,” Max hissed. “She’s killed children, and she’s hurt you. Nothing will save her from my wrath.”

“It does matter, Max. SHE’S AURORA’S BIRTH MOTHER!!”

Max paused at that, but her anger didn’t abate. “She gave Aurora up, she has no ties whatsoever.”

“I saw her and her husband name her in her memories. I heard them say that she has their DNA and her powers. I even freaking heard that she was going to give it to a pony named Sweetheart! And if it weren’t for Time, Max, she would have been dead!”

“The mare that did this to you is still dying at least once by my hands.”

“Wait wait wait, Purple Mare is Aurora’s bio-mom, that means-” Ash was interrupted.

“That’s not the main focus right now. Purple Mare has given us problems before and it’s the reason why she’s supposed to be Incarcerated for Life,” Twilight explained. “Her powers are too dangerous. Controlling seven souls, as well as her reality warping powers… It was only luck that we captured her…”

Lance then sighed. “Which is why I need to rest now. I want to have some time with my family before I deal with this anymore… and I know just who to talk to… even though he is the last person I would want to speak with.”

“No. I’ll talk with this person for you,” Max said

“Max, I’m not letting someone else do my duties for me. Besides-.”

“I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO LOSE YOU!!” Max lunged forward, burying her face in Lance’s chest and sobbing. “I-I-... P-pl-lease... don’t...” She shook her head and fell silent, her sobbing barely audible. The Adept himself was surprised by Max’s emotions. All he could do was hold her close and try to comfort her.

“Later then… You can come with me if you wish. But right now, I’ll just have you stay with me.” He said, hugging her as she cried. Then, he realized something. “Hey, where the hell is my jacket?”

“It got some dirt and blood on it…” Ash said sheepishly. “I can get it now if you want.”

“I don’t need to wear it, I just need to see it. Lumen was in my jacket pocket during the attack. I wanted to see if she was okay. Because I swear, if she was sleeping the whole time, I want to put her in a headlock.”

Ash shrugged, “I’ll go see if she’s still in there.” She turned and made her way towards wherever the jacket was.

Lumen soon emerged from the jacket pocket, yawning and tired. “Hey Lanc- OH DEAR CELESTIA! WHAT HAPPENED!?!”

“Stuff,” Ash said, “I‘m gonna go take a shower.” With that, Ash left. Soon, everypony else left, leaving the Breezie with Max and Lance. Unaware of Aurora being nearby.

“Hang on, Lance. Give me a second and I can help.” Soon, the breezie began to use her newfound powers, taking on her new form and letting a teal energy flow around Lance. His skin soon bloomed back to life and now, when he spoke, it sounded less… croaky than before.

“Thank you, Lumen.” He told her, moving his hand to the bandages on his arms and taking them off. His arms were completely healed and there was no signs of scratches or anything. As he moved to his leg, the same effect happened there. No injuries and he felt fully healed and energized.

Lumen was snatched from the air by Max and pulled into a hug as the woman whispered, “Thank you for doing that, I would’ve but... m-my magic hasn’t fully recharged.”

“It’s okay, really Max. I’m just trying to… Uh… Y-you’re squishing me!” The hug loosened some, but not enough for her to escape the embrace.

“Sorry... Mood swings and all that.”

“I-it’s okay… Would it be weird to ask if I can… well… stay with you two?” She asked.

“Not at all… Max?”

Max chuckled and shook her head. “No, it wouldn’t. The fillies are already calling you Auntie Lumen anyways.”

“O-okay…” The Breezie replied, floating over to Lance’s shoulder and nestling inside his hair as the Adept made room for Max on the bed. Letting her join him for the time being.

Tomorrow, he needed to meet the last person he ever wanted to ask for advice.


Zero Zone (Next day)

“The prison may look bad, but we’ve still got most of the prisoners.” A security guard stated as Lance and Max followed, “Still, can’t believe Clayton’s okay with you guys visiting him.

“We’re only here to ask him a few questions,” Lance told him. “My friend and I aren’t here to cause trouble.”

“It’s not trouble I’m worried about. He tends to piss even the inmates off, and that’s saying something. Once, I even caught him in another cell terrorizing one…” The guard shook his head, “He almost runs the place…”

“Which makes him the right person to talk too. Trust me, if he tries anything, he’ll be in for a surprise.” Lance ensured the guard. “Which cell is he in?”

“One oh one.” He said. “Last cell. Good luck.” The Adept continued to walk across the hall, his accomplice right next to him.

“Max, when we meet this guy, I want you to please not do anything provocative.”

“I won’t be the one to mess this up,” Max growled, cocking her shotgun. “He takes even a single twitch towards you...”

“I’m honestly beginning to wonder how you even got that past security…” He told her. “Still whatever the case is, keep your cool. Because I have a feeling that you really won’t like this guy.”

“I’ve had to keep my cool in court with all those thinly veiled threats and insults. If I can handle a few ponies telling me to my face that I’m a liar and still keep up a convincing smile, I can handle Roach.”

“Alright…” The Adept sighed, reaching the end of the hall and turning around towards the cell. “We’re here.”

“Well… This is a pleasant surprise.” Said Roach from behind the bars, “I think I recognize you two. Lance and Maxine, right?”

“And you are Roach… How do you know Max’s name though?” The Adept asked, resisting the temptation to grab his weapon.

“Not so much for us, Drake,” Max growled.

“Funny,” Roach said, standing up in his cell and moving towards the bars, showing his glowing red and yellow eyes, “I see you’ve failed to kill Killjoy. And since he’s the easiest of my siblings…”

“My business doesn’t involve your kin, Roach.” The Adept told him. “The Purple Mare dropped by for… a visit yesterday. My colleagues say she’s impossible to capture. However, I believe you can say otherwise.”

“Otherwise,” Roach smirked. “There.”

“That’s not what I meant… The guards say that you basically own this facility. Which means you know how to defeat her. Is that true?”

“I… May have met her. Her head’s pretty whack.” Roach chuckled, “Yeah, I know her. But what’s in it for me?”

“I believe me not being tempted to kill you right now is a good start. Care to add on, Max?” Lance asked.

“How about this, you’re let out into the Multiverse to do whatever it is you do in exchange for you giving us the info and letting Stopwatch and his followers back into the universe?”

“Now that’s not gonna happen. I can come and go as I please-”

Max suddenly lunged forwards and snapped a bracelet around his wrist. “Not now you can’t and I’m the only one who has a key for it. So you deal with us, or you die in here once the inmates find that out.”

“Hahahahaha!” Roach backed up and sat down on a chair, “You’ll need a 101 on this place. No prisoner is allowed out of their cell because they’re too dangerous. I really don’t care about my powers because they’re too strong. I’ll make the deals here, sweetie.”

“Tch, just try using one, you’ll find out how helpless you are. Besides, all it’ll take to get a guard to transfer someone to your cell is a few well placed words, some greased hooves...”

“Problem: everypony who ever hated me are outside, everyone else is working for me.” Roach sighed, “My deal was that Lance here comes to visit me every once in awhile. I’ve been pretty lonely here. And you don’t have to be an ass about this!”

Lance looked back at Max for a minute, before looking back at Roach. “So… You’ll tell me about the Purple Mare in exchange for visiting you… How often?”

“Every few days, at the very least three times a week. I’m not that bad once you get to know me.” Roach pulled a grey eyeball out of his pocket, “I’ll even through in Time Spinner’s eye! Don’t worry, it’s not squishy.” Lance almost choked at seeing the eye, but soon, he let Roach place the eye in his hand.

“You got yourself a deal.”

Max growled again, but turned away and started stalking off. Lance sighed, looking back at him. “Look, I didn’t make this choice to see you as a friend. Because of Nova, the whole god damn prison is now spilled out into the streets. You are the only one who knows about what they’re capable of. Now, tell me about the Purple Mare.”

“Well, other than her brain was rewired, she likes kids but ends up killing them for some reason. Have you seen those spirits that are around her?” Roach raised his eyebrow.

“Yes. Her powers involve the spirits of the dead. Something about bending reality too I believe. Do you know of the filly that Stopwatch was raising? Aurora?”

“Yes, yes, I know who she is, now can you focus on what I’m trying to say? Those spirits are the test subjects she killed, you know, like those newbies you recruited. These spirits are overprotective of her, and that’s why she’s so hard to beat. Surprise attack? Ghost will kick your ass.” Roach explained, “So, if you can take them out of the equation, she’s vulnerable. As for her reality warping. As long as you don’t try to shoot her, you’ll be fine. Her powers are limited to nonliving attacks and objects.”

“Sounds like psychological warfare.” Lance retorted. “How to deal with the spirits though is another thing. I’m not sure if my lighting can affect them in any way.”

“No, it’ll be like shocking Aurora. No, I’ll tell you that, but I’d at least like to know if your fiance’s going to take this thing off, I’m dying to know if I can’t watch the next episode of the Walking Dead!” Roach said, laughing.

“She’s… well… not in the best of moods I believe. She does hate you for what you did to Time.”

“Oh, that banishment thing? That was a year ago, I hear Spin is doing fine… For the most part…”

“Yeah… Back to the original topic. How to deal with the spirits. Guns won’t work and neither will lightning. Have a plan C?”

“I was on this before it was a problem… It’s simple, just…” Roach scratched his chin, “Sorry, I’m having trouble remembering ghosts weaknesses here, I keep thinking Ghostbusters. Oh! Yes, I remember! There’s something that they’re weak against! Flesh, oh I am good!”

“Flesh?” The Adept asked. “What the hell does that mean?”

“Do you see Aurora possessing living beings? No, because she really can’t. She can pass through them, but if she tries to posses, she’ll get stuck and begin to fade away. There’s a spell I know that can make it so that if they touch you, they’ll be forced to try and posses.” Roach hypothesized, “About the only problem for your conscious is that the spirits will die and Purple will begin to die without them.”

“And you are sure that only you knows that spell?”

“I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one. We live in a multiverse of stupid people, one of them is bound to be an idiot and make it. It’s a simple spell, and I give Masked Matterhorn five weeks to make it.” Roach said, “Is that it? If so, do come back and tell me how painful she went out.”

Lance ignored the last saying that he said as he walked down the hall. Soon though, he met up with Max again near the start of the hallway. However, he wasn’t sure if she was happy with his decision earlier.

“Finally done talking with that family-breaking-...” Max closed her eyes and took a deep breath, crossing her arms.

“Max, I’m sorry I didn’t ask you about it first. But a lot of these new problems I need to face I have no knowledge of.” Lance told her before speaking again. “I’m sorry I didn’t talk about it with you first… I just don’t want anyone I care for to get hurt and have me not be able to do anything to help them… I don’t want to be useless. I don’t want my family getting hurt because I couldn’t do anything to protect them.”

Max’s expression softened as she stepped closer. “Lance, I bought Sol and Mun so they could help me protect my family. I hadn’t known it would grow so big, but still. That’s why they’re here. You might not see the foals as much as I do, but you’re still helping to protect them by making this world safer.” She pulled him into a hug and continued in a softer voice, “You don’t need to actively protect them because I and everyone else in my universe will protect our family with our lives.”

Lance, realizing this, smiled as he hugged Max. “Thanks… I needed that… Can I go with you back to your world? I really now want to see the kids. I haven’t seen them in almost three days. I miss Rainbow’s smile.”

“Sure. Let’s get away from that creep and have some relaxing family time.”

Lance smirked at that last part, looking back at Max. “I’ll be down for that…”


End Strike 32

Author's Note:

Thanks to Nova, shit has now hit the fan and one of his "associates" has introduced herself to Lance. Will he be prepared for when she strikes again?

PreviousChapters Next