• Published 9th May 2012
  • 4,382 Views, 93 Comments

Human Nature - Dragonfire2lm



the human mind is complex, chaotic even. which is exactly what Discord is looking for

  • ...
10
 93
 4,382

Character Musings

Dragonfire2lm is unavailable so HAH! In case you haven’t noticed, this is Manaquire doing today’s update, I’m starting to get impatient, and now that those STUPID ponies have ruined my plans it is time I kick things up a notch.

Discord, the mane 6 and a still grey Sunset were suddenly warped to the interior of a tall black castle.

“Before you ask, no, this wasn’t my doing” the Draconequus stated.

“Of course not, this was my doing” Manaquire replied from a nearby armchair.

“Hey how come your voice isn’t in bold, like it’s all distorted and stuff?” pinkie asked.

“I got bored sounding like that, not to mention it is too cliché for my taste” the dragon replied.

“Says the Mad genius stereotypical villain” Discord deadpanned.

“You are based off Q from star trek, you have no room to talk” Manaquire countered.

“You’re…real…” Sunset was in shock. A character from her fantasy world as a child was here before her very eyes.

“Of course I am my dear, who else would be insane enough, other than you, to show the pony’s grid mark?"

“So that was you? I’ll teach you to mess with Cloudsdale” Rainbow dash declared and dashed (no pun intended) towards him, only to find she was tied up and gagged.

“I think I’ll borrow one of your ideas Discord, no flying, and no magic” Manaquire stated, and every pony’s respective horns/wings vanished.

And Discord was turned into a mismatched earth pony.

“Now then” Manaquire began, muzzling Discord as he began to rage about his new form. “Gags, fandom references and character development aside, I have a job to do, since you nasty little ponies won’t learn things the easy way, I guess I’ll have to move things forward on my schedule”.

“But I’m not a pony” Discord reasoned as he (somehow) removed the muzzle.

“Have you looked in a mirror lately?” Manaquire deadpanned.

“What is it that we have to learn? Surely if you just explain it to every pony, then you wouldn’t have to do any of this” Twilight tried to reason.

“I left warnings, I showed you the grid mark, I even left my beloved creator to her own devices to try and assimilate herself into pony society, but it hasn’t been a full day yet and already, you have effectively destroyed your only hope of learning this nicely, good job ponies” Manaquire stated with malice.

“Learn what?” Twilight demanded.

That there are worse things in life than what you know!” Manaquire roared. “That there are creatures far more dangerous than Discord, beings with much more evil in their hearts than a human, than Sunset! If I had not intervened just now, Celestia would have been forced to take drastic measures and discord would have learnt the hard way that there are worse things than turning into stone!”

“I don’t get it?” Rainbow stated, her gag had been removed by Applejack.

Manaquire face faulted.

“……”

“So what you’re saying is things could be worse?” Twilight summarised.

“How can things be any worse than turning to stone?” Discord asked childishly.

“You don’t want to know” he replied seriously. “So as punishment for not learning this lesson, you will learn it the hard way” Manaquire explained seriously.

“What are you going to do?” Sunset asked.

“Why my creator, you should know, I’m giving them a little taste of your world of course!” he declared brightly.

“Oh ok”

Every creature in the room did a double take at her words.

“You don’t care/” Twilight asked.

“Why should I?” Sunset replied.

“All of Equestria is in danger! Besides he’s your creation! Shouldn’t you do something?’ the purple unicorn explained.

“Equestria can go to hell for I care” Sunset replied.

“What…but why?”

“Miss Sparkle, you have doomed us to a musical number” Manaquire deadpanned.

As if on cue, the music started as soon as she started singing.

Do you ever feel like breaking down? Do you ever feel out of place?” Sunset sang “Like somehow you just don't belong and no one understands you

She faced the bearers of the elements with a sour look on her face.

Do you ever want to run away? Do you lock yourself in your room? With the radio on turned up so loud that no one hears you screaming?

“Well no-“Twilight began.

No you don't know what it's like when nothing feels alright, You don't know what it's like To be like me

She looked almost heartbroken as she sang the next few lines.

To be hurt, to feel lost, to be left out in the dark, to be kicked when you're down to feel like you've been pushed around
To be on the edge of breaking down and no one's there to save you. No you don't know what it's like

She glared at them.

Welcome to my life

“I’m sure it can’t that bad sugar cube-“ Applejack began.

Do you wanna be somebody else? Are you sick of feeling so left out? Are you desperate to find something more before your life is over?

“Uh...”

Are you stuck inside a world you hate? Are you sick of everyone around?

Her tone turned into one of sarcasm.

With their big fake smiles and stupid lies while deep inside you're bleeding

“Look if it’s about earlier I’m sorry ok?” Rainbow tried to apologise.

No you don't know what it's like When nothing feels alright, You don't know what it's like, To be like me” Sunset snapped.

To be hurt, to feel lost, To be left out in the dark, To be kicked when you're down, to feel like you've been pushed around. To be on the edge of breaking down And no one's there to save you” she continued

No you don't know what it's like, welcome to my life

The blue chimera rounded on Applejack. ”No one ever lied straight to your face

Then onto Fluttershy “And no one ever stabbed you in the back

Before Pinkie could say something Sunset zoned in on her as well “You might think I'm happy. But I'm not gonna be ok

“Hey come on now” Twilight started to say but the poor unicorn was snapped at as well.

Everybody always gave you what you wanted, You never had to work It was always there You don't know what it's like, What it's like-

“To be hurt, to feel lost, To be left out in the dark, To be kicked when you're down” Manaquire calmly cut in, much to their surprise.“You feel like you've been pushed around, to be on the edge of breaking down and no one's there to save you?”

“What the fuck?” Sunset exclaimed.

“I do know what’s it like, what it’s like to be hurt, to feel lost To be left out in the dark. To be kicked When you're down. to feel like you've been pushed around. To be on the edge of breaking down And no one's there to save you. I do know what it's like, welcome to our life” he finished for her.

Sunset was standing there gaping at him as the music ceased.

“I have your memories after all my dear, I happen to know everything about you and vice-versa of course” the black dragon summarised.


“Really?” Sunset asked, her colour was starting to return.

He gave her a ‘well duh’ look as Fluttershy walked up to the blue chimera.

“Um…Sunset I know you’re angry with us, but Rainbow Dash really is sorry...and we’re going to need your help to stop Manaquire...Please don’t be mad at me!” Fluttershy tried to calm her, but quickly cowered before the larger creature.

The sight of the fearful element of kindness triggered a part of Sunsets caring nature, and the rest of her colour returned, along with her mane becoming longer and scruffier.

“Oh before I forget...” Manaquire said as a rainbow coloured glow surrounded Sunset. “I had some leftover energy from the Elements of harmony, I was going to use it against Discord, but I think I have better use for it”

In a flash of light, Sunset went from chimera, to becoming a dark blue Pegasus with large alicorn-style wings, blue-grey almost human-shaped eyes, black oval shaped glasses, and long scruffy mane and tail that was sunset orange streaked with red.

Sunset looked at her new form, and realised she could possibly reach up to Celestia’s shoulder in height. Her hooves were normal horse hooves, and the same shade as orange as her mane.

“Wow I’m a Pegasus…geez I’m tall” she exclaimed.

“Now then, Discord I return to you your original form and power, and to my dear creator, I give you this-” Manaquire stated and produced a scroll and a large package wrapped in brown paper.

Handing them to Sunset he smirked at the rage on Discord’s face.

“What’s the matter, you weren’t a pony for that long you know” the dragon mocked.

Discord just glared at him and left.

“Fluttershy...thanks for the pep talk” Sunset told the yellow Pegasus.

“Oh your quite welcome sunset” she replied.

“Hey girls...So are we friends or...” Sunset asked.

“Of course!” Pinkie replied, glomping her.

“Yeah any friend of Twilight is a friend of mine” Rainbow said.

“Yah didn’t even need to ask sugar cube” Applejack responded.

“Applejack is right dear...and I’m sorry about calling you ugly when I first saw you" Rarity apologised.

“Eh I’ve heard worse” Sunset shrugged.

“Then it’s settled” Twilight declared. “Now can you please send us home?” she asked Manaquire.

“I shall Miss Sparkle, and to be fair, I give you and your new friend three days to prepare before I make my next move” Manaquire declared and returned the seven of them to the town square.

“Hey uh Twilight, you and the girls mind if I change my name do you?” Sunset asked.

“Why would you want to do that?”

“I have a new form now, I kinda want a new name to go with it” she explained.

“Oh ok, did you have anything in mind?” Twilight asked.

“I was thinking the readers could send in ideas”.

“What readers?” the purple unicorn asked.

“You know the people reading this story”

“But this isn’t a story”

“Don’t worry Sunset, just because other ponies can’t see them doesn’t mean everypony can’t” Pinkie declared.

“What in tarnation are you going on about?” Applejack asked.

“Never mind” Sunset deadpanned. ‘You wouldn’t understand anyway”

“Now Sunset darling you must allow me to make something for you” Rarity declared.

“Ooh that’s a good idea Rarity! You two go do that, I’ll keep an eye on the reviews for name suggestions!” Pinkie explained. “Ok Readers, Sunset needs a new name, and since she doesn’t want to use the obvious choice of ‘Dragonfire’-“

“You know about that” Sunset cut in.

“Well duh of course I do silly! Manaquire gave us both a share of his fourth wall breaking ability”

“Huh he can really do that, cool”

“Well anyway, you readers come up with a new name ok? We’ll catch up with you next chapter...hey I wonder where Discord is?” Pinkie asked.

“Who knows and who cares” Sunset stated as Rarity lost her patience and dragged towards her boutique.

“Bye every human! See you next chapter!” Pinkie waved good bye as the chapter came to an end.