• Published 9th May 2012
  • 4,382 Views, 93 Comments

Human Nature - Dragonfire2lm



the human mind is complex, chaotic even. which is exactly what Discord is looking for

  • ...
10
 93
 4,382

Mind control

Back in Equestria

Everypony continued with their lives in an almost robotic fashion. their eyes had misty, far off look as red most danced around them. Life was boring, predictable and jobs that ponies once loved had become as dull and repetitive as one of the royal guards.

High above the dreary lives of those in Canterlot Manaquire looked down at his victory. The elements and their bearers were useless, the god of chaos had vanished and the royal pony sisters were trapped under the same red haze as everypony else in Equestria.

Of course the dragon couldn't help but wonder of his defeat, ruling an enture kingdom was nice and all but if you've ruled one you've ruled them all.

He realised this was going to get very boring very quickly.

"Oh sweetie.." a voice sighed from behind him. "Must you do this to yourself?"

A familiar, yet at the same time uncomfortable pang twisted within the mad man's mind as he turned around to give a bored stare to the seven tailed fox sitting behind him in the doorway.

"I see you escaped" he replied in a shtern voice.

"And I see you have made an even bigger hole for yourself Manaquire. Must this all end in voilence?"

"What would do if you were my place Rainbow Auroara?" he asked her.

"You haven't said my full name in eons, things must be bad" the golden vixen stated.

"Cut to the chase, what do you want?" Manaquire snapped.

"A deal, your current exsistence in exchange for everything going back to the way it was" she stated calmly.

"Why?" He asked.

"Death is looming ever closer my love, this world has yet to bear the burden of vicious warfare and spilled blood of innocents"

"Again with your heartless riddles my dearest Rain? Surely you can do your part for free?"

"Says the rock calling the boulder grey" The fox replied with a smirk.

"Despite what you might believe, I am in no hurry to abdocate my new throne just yet" Manaquire said.

"I thought as much" Rainbow replied with sigh. "When you change your mind you know how to call me".

"You mean if I change my mind" Manaquire corrected but the vixen shook her head.

"There no 'if' this time around" she said and vanished.

Manaquire sighed.

Here we go again... He thought and braced himself for impact.

-----------------

Princes Celestia and Princess Luna were awoken from their jaze clouded exsistence by the sound of a large blast fo magic coming from another room in the castle. They shared a look of surprise and hope for a brief moment and galloped towards the source of the sound.

Celestia slammed the doors open with magic andlooked at the scene before her only dimly aware that her sister was standing beside her also visibly surprised by this turn of events.

Manaquire was on the floor unconscious with the last dregs of sky blue magic fading from the back of his head from where he had been blasted. Standing behind him was a creature that could only be described in one word.

Divine.

A white quadrapedal dragoness standing a head taller than Celestia. her slim body and elegant swan like neck had the beauty and grace of a goddess. The angelic wings, slightly oval shaped snake-like headm feathered owl-like ears and long flexible tail with a feathered plume and its tip only served to enhance her features. the dragoness's blueeyes sparkled like gems and the long unicorn-style horn juting from her forehead spoke volumes of her might and power.

"You-You defeated him?" Celestia said when she found the nerve to speak.

It was at this time that the afore mentioned evil mastermind woke up.

"A word of advice ladies" he growled as he pushed himself up from the floor. "Run"

Knowing what he was capable of the two princesses backed out of the room ,while the white dragoness merely smirked at him.

"Does the madman really think he can challenge me?" the feathered dragon said. "You are a fool if you think you can challenge life itself"

"Ah but Life has no importance without the will to live now does it" Manaquire replied as started circling aroind her in an arrogant way. "To be honest Auraka I hardly think you deserve your tittle as hoddess of life when you plan on killing everything here".

Auraka fired a blast of sky blue magic from her horn, Manaquire deflected it with a wing.

"Petty attacks such as that will get you no where fast" he commented.

"Then say your prayers vermin" Auraka hissed. "For-"

"Last time I checked I was not a rat" Manaquire interrupted with a smirk.

Auraka was fumming.

"Be silent!" she screeched and her wings snapped open to their fullest extent. "I will not deal with your taunts any longer!"

"Does that mean you surrender? Because I can not bear to look upon such a disgustingly ugly dragon any longer" Manaquire replied.

Manaquire was promptly blasted into a window and crashed landed onto the street below.

he looked up to see Auraka had teleported herself to the top of the tallest spire in Canterlot and perched herself upon it.

"You may mock my plans, my desires but never, ever mock my beauty!" she roared and her horn flared to life.

It was only when she fired a red bolt of magic at him did Manaquire realise he had overstepped his limits and as the magic began to take effect he had one thought before he blackedout.

I'm too old for this shit...