• Published 9th May 2012
  • 4,382 Views, 93 Comments

Human Nature - Dragonfire2lm



the human mind is complex, chaotic even. which is exactly what Discord is looking for

  • ...
10
 93
 4,382

The search for True Harmony (Shortened intro)

Author notes: this one chapter stands alone from the rest of the story's plot, mainly due to the fact that it is the start of a light dark short story that shows exactly what manaquire's challenge is, involving adult themes, implied character death, sevre injuries and doom for all of equestria, you have been warned.

Twilight woke up, wiped the sleep from her eyes with a hoof and took in her surroundings. She was somewhere made of wood, a hollowed out tree. Dozens of hap-hazardly made shelves lined the walls, crammed with books, scrolls, pieces of strange metal objects and jars and beakers filled with strage substances.

As she noticed the staircase winding it's way up to another floor, she realised her current location.

"Isn't this...Ponyville Library?" she asked herself.

"Good guess Twilight, it is our library, though not in the way you remember it" A voice, clearly female praised her on her revelation and Twilight turned around towards the speaker.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Nghn... Man what'd I do last night?" a groggy Rainbow Dash said as she woke up on a cloud idlely floating across the town's skyline.


"No wait a minute...That jerk! He tricked me!" the blue pegasus declared in rage as her memories returned.

"Tricked you huh?" a voice, female and with a slight unnatural buzz to it, spoke up. "And here i thought we agreed to it?".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fluttershy let out a squek of fear as she woke up and found herself in the dark and dangerous Everfree Forest.

"Tw-Twilight? Rainbow?" the yellow mare meekly called out.

She curled up into a ball as she heard some nearby bushes rustle.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author Notes: this was going to be far longer, but I'm unsure whether to add 'The Search for True Harmony' into this story as part of the plot, or just make a stand alone seperate short story and only refernce it in this one...I really dunno...

If i did I'd have to change the catagories and stuff....

What do you guys think?