• Published 9th May 2012
  • 4,382 Views, 93 Comments

Human Nature - Dragonfire2lm



the human mind is complex, chaotic even. which is exactly what Discord is looking for

  • ...
10
 93
 4,382

Lyra saga 2

Yesterday shortly after Sunset left Black Stone Castle

Lyra was dragged through the halls of the castle and upon reaching a set of doors the wyvern that held her in his tail opened them.

"CARBROS WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN!?" a male voice with a slightly nasal neight york accent yelled from within the room

The wyvern adressed as Carbros frowned.

"Quiet Idiot I boight you a new toy" he snapped and swiftly threw Lyra into the room and slammed the doors behind him as he left.

the room was lit by simple torches that lined the walls, the black depresing stone the room was comprised off offerred no sympathy to the green unicorn. Lyra turned her attention to the rooms occupant and froze at its appearance.

Sitting in a dog-like fashion on a pile of straw was a teenaged black dragon with an alomst cat-like build. though it had no horns or spines to speak of Lyra assumed it was male judging from the voice she heard earlier. He had a swan-like neck and the head of a snake with slightly narrow webbed ears. his eyes were black ana to Lyra, they looked more pony-like with rounded pupils instead of the slits she knew Equestrian dragons had. his limbs were skinny and his bat-like wings were folded agaunst his back. his long tail curled around his feet in such a way that the white scythe-like blade on its tip was in clear view.

He raised an eyebrow at her in irrataion.

"What's the matter?" he asked rudely. "Never seen a dragon before?"

"Well um not one like you anyway" Lyra answered hestiantly.

"Damn tourists" the dragon muttered and roled his eys. "Anyway the name's Broc, who the hell are you?".

"Lyra" she answered "Lyra Heartstrings"

"Righty-o Harpo" Broc replied with a grin.

"Don't call me harpo" Lyra deadpanned

"Whatever you say, Minty"

"I really don't like you.."

"Nice to meet you too" Broc replied with a cheeky grin.

----------------------------
Lyra was woken up the next day by a fiece earthquake, she scrambled to her hooves and made a bid for the door. Broc fell off the windowsilll he had been sleeping on and after yet more foul langauage he followed after the green unicorn.the duo stood in a nearby doorway until the shaking stopped, and after slamming Carbros into a weapons rack the pair headed outside.

Lyra's heart skipped a beat as soon as she laid eyes on the wolf-headed serpentine-like beast that towered over the land.

"What is that?" she asked hesitantly.

"Long story short, something really eveil" broc replied and spread his wings and took off towards the monster.

------------
Broc left the mare behind. He flew low and fast over the plains and soared upwards over the forest towards the volcano only to see another equine, a white mare with wings and a horn in the beasts clutches.

"Bout time you got here!" she yelled angrily and it was only then did he recognise her voice.

"DF? why the hell do you look like a rapidash gone wrong?" he asked.

"Now is not the time!" she snapped back.

Gearing into action Broc flew forward and zipped past the massive creatures tail and used his clawsto leave a series of deep gashes into the beast. It roared in pain and let its quarry escape, the white alicorn crashing to the ground with a dull thud.

"So Lord Cyclone is back huh?" Broc asked.

"Oh you just noticed" Dragonfire replied sarcastically.

Lord Cyclone wasn't to pleased with the sudden interruption and made a swipe towards the much smaller black dragon. Broc didn't see the massive paw coming his way and was surprised to say to least when he found himself hurtling towards a tree.

"Shit shit shit!"

Slam!

"Ow" Broc groaned as he slid down the tree. "I'm gonna feel that in the morning".

----------------------------------

Lyra finally caught up and was shocked to find the black dragon covered in splinters and in a daze from his impact with a tree but out of the corner of her eye she spotted something blue.

A familiar shade of blue.

"Sunset!" she cried out and rushed over to fallen blue alicorn. Unfortunately for her this was thetime lord Cyclone had decided he had engouh interuptions and opened his mouth for one more icy blast.

TO BE CONTINUED

Author's Note:

Yes there is swearing, deal with it.

Sorry for the late update, anyway this story is nearing its conclusion but there will be sequel!

if I get more motivation to write i might just set up a proper schedule for updating.

oh and pokemon reference yay.