• Published 9th May 2012
  • 4,382 Views, 93 Comments

Human Nature - Dragonfire2lm



the human mind is complex, chaotic even. which is exactly what Discord is looking for

  • ...
10
 93
 4,382

Plans and promises

"So let me get this straight" Lyra began. "You two know each other because Broc, his sister, Ben and his sister all started off as hoof puppets that became characters in your everyday play sessions with friends as a foal and because of that they retain memories of their time in your life back home?".

"Pretty much yeah" Sunset clarrified.

"Right" the green unicorn replied slowly.

"So what now?" Broc asked as he leanded against a tree lazily.

"Well either we let everything play out until the high coucil intervene or..." Sunset began.

"Or what?" Dragonfire asked as she sat on tree branch above the others.

"I sacrifice myself to the golden vixen and she fixes everything" Sunset stated.

"You're kidding, please tell me you're joking" Broc said.

"Unfortunately I'm not..."

"Wait who's the golden vixen?" Lyra asked.

"I ain't saying anything" Broc stated in a 'not it' style voice.

"The golden vixen is the ultimate overseer of vardos, the bringer of time, of life itself, even though it was Sunset here that gave rise to the laws of the world, the golden vixen has almost as much power as her and much greater control" Dragonfire explained.

"She's also the most cunning, she never does something unless she gains something from it" Sunset elaborated. "Though that something can range from simply seeing a family safe and sound to someone giving up everything they own to her".

"Seriously?" Lyra exclaimed. "So if you don't surrender then.."

"Basically we're fucked" Broc commented.

"So what I do?" Sunset asked her small band of friends.

"It depends do you really want to let this world and Equestria suffer anymore if you can prevent it?" Dragonfire replied.

"Do you really want to finish this fanfic on such an anticlimatic note?" Broc asked.

Everyone else gave him a flat look.

"What?" he replied.

"Well I'll tell you what my parents, my friends and even the princess has told me" Lyra began. "Just be yourself".

"I know Lyra...but what if being yourself means you don't want to implement what power you have just because you fear it could make things worse?" Sunset replied.

"Sunset come with me please there's something I need to tell you" Dragonfire and glided down from the tree she was perched on and began walking to more secluded area that was out of earshot from the others.

"What is it?" the much smaller alicorn asked when she got there.

"Look you know as well I as I do that if you even try to confront Manaquire you will either be defeated or things could spiral even further out of control" Dragonfire explained seriously. "if you do nothing then lives-innocent lives as well as the lives of those you know- will be lost. You just can't simply fight and expect to win, you're not ready...Maybe it might be best if you took the deal that was offered to you"

"But-"

"I know" Dragonfire said calmly. "But you will see your friends again, you just won't know it and niether will they! Think about it a new start, you could make friends in this other Equestria, live the life you've always wanted. Wouldn't that be nice? You could finally be in a place where your fears and doubts are unwarranted, where there are others around to help you. heck you could even live a life there and maybe finally meet a nice guy huh?"

Sunset chuckled slightly at that but soon wilted.

"I don't handle change well you know that, plus with my past...I don't know, I could accidently offend someone or something.." she stated.

"Would rather deal with the pain of loss instead?" Dragonfire asked sadly.

Sunset sighed in defeat.

"Ok fine if there is absolutely nothing more I can do, I'll sing her song and become nothing"

"Even I know that reference was a half-hearted one" Dragonfire replied.

"Shut up" Sunset grumbled but she still smiled anyway.

Author's Note:

Ok first off if you've read the fist chapter of the sequel and downvoted it..what the fuck guys? at least wait for the next three chapters before voting. if you haven't read that yet the first chapter is purely there to give an insight to our heroine and myself.

in case anyone missed the update the sequel to human nature is called 'to imprive human nature'.

kinda got writers block if i should go for the huge battle ending or something more calmer, i'll think about it.

read and comment yada yada yada. it's a hot day today so yeah.