• Published 9th May 2012
  • 4,382 Views, 93 Comments

Human Nature - Dragonfire2lm



the human mind is complex, chaotic even. which is exactly what Discord is looking for

  • ...
10
 93
 4,382

Be Prepared

Manaquire paced back and forth in the throne room, Celestia and Discord were harmless, the element bearers warped away to the distant future and every single guard and servant in canterlot had been brainwashed to follow the dragon's orders.

"Now there's only the matter of my creator.." he mumbled, his mind going a million miles an hour with idea after idea popping up.

His original plan was to let the human think for herself, with a little help from the princesses, to bring about the characters and events needed to issue his defeat. Sadly that was no longer an option, as he had failed to take into account just how stubborn Princess Celestia was, and the fact that Sunset had a slight fear of those with authority (as she had refrained from activly seking out Celestia). So he ws forced to re-think his stratagey.

Now normally, the god of time, Tempus, or the guardian of reality, Dragonfire, would step in and present advice, since they were unfortunately busy fixing another mess five years in the future they wouldn't be around.

Manaquire sighed, he'd have to do it himself.

But the question was how?

He thought over everything he knew about Sunset and himself, the rules of his homeland and how it was founded, it then he found the answer.

"Sunset's inspiration for my..character came from the most early views of evil, the most well remembered villian, her favourite villian in all of history.....'sigh'" Manaquire face palmed at how obvious, and ridculous, the answer was.

As if on que, the members of the royal guard in the room began singing a low key continuos note as Manaquire began his little monologue before the main song.

"I never thought singing essential. iIts dull and makes me sound completely vain...but I suppose iIhave to convince her somehow, to share my vision, no matter how strange..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The music and voices of the royal guard resonated throughout the castle, as soon as Sunset heard it, she couldn't believe her ears as Manaquire teleported to appear before her, a sly grin on his face as he started singing.

"I know that your powers and potential, are as great as the Princesses combined. but thick as you are Pay Attention!" he snapped, seeing the stunned look on Sunset's face. "My words are a matter of pride".

"It's clear from your confused expression the lights are not all on upstairs. But we're talking fame and attention! Even you won't caught unawares" the dragon continued using the mares natutal want to be accepted as leverage.

"So preapre for the chance of a lifetime, be preapred for sensational news. A shining new era is tip-toeing nearer"

"And where do I feature?" Sunset asked, in return Manaquire just patted her on the head.

"Just listen to teacher" he replied with a smirk. "I know it sounds sorted, but you'll be rewarded and at last you'll be given your dues! " he continued singing and picked her up and danced with her.

"And in Justice delishiously squared...Be Prepared!"

"Ok..Be prepared...Prepared for what?" Sunset asked as he placed her back down on the ground.

"Why for my defeat of course" he replied smoothly.

"Defeat? but how? why?"

"Simple really, a hero comes forh and gets every other major power from Equestria and Vardos together to combine their might and vanquish me" Manaquire explained.

"Um..who's the hero?"

"...Idiot" Manaquire muttered under his breath "You will be the hero!".

Sunset looked at him in surprise.

"Listen to me...and you'll never be lonely again!" the dragon declared.

"It's great that you'll soon be respected, a hero that is all time adored!" chanted the hypnotised royal guard.

"Of course quid pro quo you're expected, to take certain duties on board" Manquire sang, showing the blue pegasus a image of his homeland.

"The future is littered with praises and though you're the main addresse, the point I must emphasis is...You won't hear a word without me!" he thundered.

"So prepare for the fight of the century!"

"Be preapred for the murkiest scam!"

"Meticulous planning, tenacity spanning, the toughest of trails, all simply while I'll....be hated, rejected, defeated and you'll be seen as the wonder you are! Yes my plans and ambitions are pared.."

"Be Prepared!"

"Yes his plans and ambitions are pared.." the guards sang.

Manaquire struck a pose for the final line.

"BE PREPARED!"