• Published 9th May 2012
  • 4,382 Views, 93 Comments

Human Nature - Dragonfire2lm



the human mind is complex, chaotic even. which is exactly what Discord is looking for

  • ...
10
 93
 4,382

When you're evil

Manaquire strode about Canterlot as ponies of all kinds ran and cowered in fear.

"You monster what did you do to my sister!" A voice yelled out from behind him.

He turned to see a white unicorn stallion with a blue mane and tail. his cutie mark was a sheild with a familiar pink starburst onit.

"Ah Shinning Armour a pleasure to meet you at last" the dragon greeted.

"You-You evil creature how dare you harm the princesses, how dare you hram Twilie!" the captain of the royal guard roared.

"You do know I could do much worse than this right?" Manaquire asked.

Shinning stopped mid charge and gaped.

"What?!" the stallion asked.

"Oh it's quite simple you see.." Manaquire replied as string instruments began to play.

"When the Devil is too busy, And Death's a bit too much." Manaquire sang. "They call on me, by name you see for my special touch"

In a flash he appeared right infront of a small crowd of ponies that had gahthered.

"To the gentlemen I'm Miss Fortune, To the ladies, I'm Sir Prize".

"But call me by any name Any-way it's all the saaaame!"

As the music picked up into a steady tempo Manaquire sauntered around, occasionally frightenning a few pnies while he sang.

"I'm the fly in your soup,I'm the pebble in your shoe"

'"'m the pea beneath your bed, I'm a bump on every head"

"I'm the peel on which you slip, I'm a pin in every hip"

"I'm the thorn in your side. Makes you wriggle and writhe!".

In a flash he teleported to the top of a fountain the town square and struck a pose.

"And it's so easy when you're evil! This is the life, you see! The Devil tips his hat to me!"

He reappeared before Shinning Armour with a grin.

"I do it all because I'm evil, And I do it all for free!"

There was a pause in the music as Shinning continued to stare at him.

"Your tears are all the pay I'll ever need!" he sang with a smirk.

"You're terrible!" one pony stated.

"Why thank you" Manaquire replied with a leering grin.

"While there's children to make sad, While there's candy to be had"
"While there's pockets left to pick, While there's grannies left to-trip-down-the-stairs"
"I'll be there, I'll be waitin' round-the-corner"
"It's a game, I'm glad I'm in it,'Cause there's one born every minute"

"And it's so easy when you're evil! This is the life, you see! The Devil tips his hat to me!"

"I do it all because I'm evil, And I do it all for free!"

"Your tears are all the pay I'll ever need!"

"I pledge, my alle-giance toooo all things dark!"

"And I, promise on my dam-ned soul to, do as I am told, Lord Beelzebub has never seen a soldier quite like me"

"Not, only does his job, but does it happily".

With a mad grin he stalked around the now terrified ponies.

"I'm the fear that keeps you waked, I'm the shadows on the wall. I'm the monsters they become, I'm the nightmare in your skull. I'm a dagger in your back, An extra turn upon the rack. I'm the quivering of your heart.A stabbing pain, a sudden start"

"And it's so easy when you're evil! This is the life, you see! The Devil tips his hat to me!"

"I do it all because I'm evil, And I do it all for free!"

"Your tears are all the pay I'll ever need!"

"And I do it all for free! Your tears are all the pay I'll ever need! And I do it all for free! Your tears are all the pay I'll ever need!"

The music begun to slow down and the black dragon singing his heart out looked almost remoreseful.

"It gets so lonely being evil...What I'd do to see a smile, even for a little while. And no-one loves you when you're evil..."

He flashed the group of ponies a mad grin once more.

"I'm lying through my teeth! Your tears are all the company I need!"

Author's Note:

After my good friend showed me 'when you're evil' by voltaire I just knew this would be Manaquire's theme song, so I just had to write a scene with him singing it.

enjoy this little 'deleted scene' of a chapter.