• Published 9th May 2012
  • 4,382 Views, 93 Comments

Human Nature - Dragonfire2lm



the human mind is complex, chaotic even. which is exactly what Discord is looking for

  • ...
10
 93
 4,382

Fire and Ice

Sunset rematerailised in front of the frozen volcano, her face scrunched up in concerntration as she pondered what had caused the area to be covered in freezing snow and ice. her gaze drifted to the mountains in the west, memories of its inhabitants surged forth and she instinctively looked back the frozen piece of land before her.

It wasn't Wolfrena the ice queen, she has a peaceful relationship with Fire-ress and since Fire-res lives in the volcano there was no way she could have frozen it. Wolfrena's rival Priest Tirgora doesn't have enough power to do this but who could've-

The ground rumbled beneath her hooves and something emerged from a large chunk of ice. It was a long white serpentine-like beast with a white canine-like head with ice blue eyes and two long whiskers on the end of its nose that flowed and moved with the creatures movements. the short legs with four clawed toes on each werewhite and a long spiky dark blue, almost black mane ran down the entire length of its body.

"Oh Shit.."

"SO DRAGONFIRE YOU HAVE RETURNED TO FACE THE WRATH OF LORD CYCLONE" the dragon-like creature bellowed.

"I'm not Dragonfire" Sunset deadpanned.

The beast took a proper a look at Sunset and then decided to throw a tantrum in the most comical and un-evil posible.

"SO WHAT! DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I'VE BEEN WAITING TO AMBUSH SOMEONE? I DON'T CARE WHO YOU ARE, I'M STILL GOING TO DESTROY YOU!" Lord Cyclone roared and charged at the dark blue alicorn.

Due to his immense size and being roughly as large as a skyscraper, Sunset barely had time to move away from Cyclone's line of sight. She ran as fast as her hooves could go as Cyclone turned sharply to follow her. she glanced behind her to see the beast's jaws openning wide and a feezing blast of snow and ice came roaring forth and headed straight for her.

She tumbled forwards into a tree as her body registered the cold blast. her legs and wings froze up and she struggled to stay conscious as her body went into shock from being unaccustomed with such low tempretures.

As the dragon prepared to fire a lethal blast of snow and ice, a ball of fire rocketed down from above and hit Cyclone on the nose and with a roar of pain and frustration he looked up to see his attackerwas yet a second alicorn

she was snow white with a flowing mane and tail of various shades of orange. she had dark blue eyes and regular suzed pegasus wings that was somehow keeping her aloft even though she was the same size as Princess Celestia. she had a long horn that spiralled upwards from her forehead. her cutie mark was a navy blue sheild with the image of an orange dragon curled around a sword.

"Dragonfire.." Sunset murmurred as she blacked out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Dragonfire looked down at the smaller, unconscious alicorn.

"Of all the times to..ugh" she muttered, she sounded almost like an older version of Sunset but with less of an accent and slightly higher voice.

"SO NOW YOU MAKE YOURSELF KNOWN TO ME DRAGONFIRE!" Lord Cyclone thundered and turned his attention to her. "PREPARE TO FACE MY WRATH!"

"I really don't have time for you right now" she deadpanned and swiftly moved to the left as a blast of ice headed her way.

Dragonfire was a lot like Sunset in many ways, the same likes and dislikes, similar personality, they were almost identical. The main difference was that when Sunset doubted herself, Dragonfire knew what she was capable of, when Sunset hesitated, Dragonfire went in guns blazing. Dragonfire's origin was fairly simple, she was what Sunset wanted to be, Sunset had taken the good aspects of her personality such as her kindnes her loyalty and confidence and intensified those traits in dragonfire. She was more confident, more powerful and more beautiful than Sunset, but her flaws and weaknesses were exaggerated as well, due to having more responsibility than Sunset Dragonfire often had higher stress levels, more nervous breakdowns and brief of fits of insanity that could never befall her creator.

Dragonfire gracefully dodged another blast from her opponent and swivlled round to face him head on. her horn glowed with a golden light as she dived towards him. Surprised by the attack, Cyclone recoiled backedwards and attempted to move, but she was too fast for him and was hit by a scorching blast of golden magic.

Dragonfire flapped her wings to gain altitude and prepared for another dive when Cyclone's tail shot up from beneath her and wrapped itself around her like a python. With her sings pinned to her sides and her chest aching from the pressure she was pulled down to be eye-to-eye with the monster.

"SO IT HAS COME DOWN TO THIS MY MORTAL ENEMY. WHAT WILL YOU DO NOW?".