• Published 9th May 2012
  • 4,382 Views, 93 Comments

Human Nature - Dragonfire2lm



the human mind is complex, chaotic even. which is exactly what Discord is looking for

  • ...
10
 93
 4,382

Talking To The Sun


Author's note: I had a few differnt versions for this chapter, but this one fitted the conversation without going off topic. other versions included Sunset meeting up with the Docotr and another hero of Vardos and the other version was Sunset meeting her future self..but yeah, Enjoy Please comment!

Sunset slowly opened her eyes-well eye as she could only see out of one- and found the vast expanse of space stretching out to eternity before her. She awkwardly climbed to her hooves and realised she was on a sparkling white surface that shone with a enchanting white light that complimented the sparkling stars around it.

This..this is a diamond..a gaint diamond..in space..

Her mind tried to think and understand where she was, and even in her tired and hazed state she was able to call up enough facts abouts about Vardos to know where she was.

"It's real..It's really real.." she said, using the moment to quote Doctor Who.

"I'm on the moon! I'm on the bloody moon!"

"Indeed you are Lunar Creator" an ancient voice that crackled and roared like a blazing fire stated calmly.

"Who-who are you?" Sunset asked, her voice slightly shaking. "and what did you call me?"

"It seems some things about this world have escaped you when you were brought here o' Ten Tails" the voice stated rather disappointedly

"Ten what now?"

"I will explain; the sun of this world is not a star, but the coiled body of the first and last golden dragon, I am that dragon and my given name is Ignis"

"Ok..so what does this have to do with me?"

"The moon of this world is, as you have noticed, made of diamond and gives off its own light and magic. This is because it is the enchanted Fox Ball of the Lunar Creator, a Ten-tailed Vixen who forged this universe from energy and song, I am sure you can work out the rest" Ignis explained.

"But Foxes don't exist on Vardos"

The mortal canines you call a fox does not, but the divine muti-tailed creatures do, or they did, before I became this world's sun it was the moon that gave light to both the day and night, it was the moon's light that plants evolved to feed upon and it the magic of the kitsune and other ancient beasts that controlled the ebb and flow of reality"

"So they died out or..Oh ooohhhh I'm a moron"

"Explain"

"Manaquire's people were wiped out in war and he ended up here, but that wasn't the case, his kind were wiped out but he survived, went insane and became the new force of evil for this world..wow this really is my fault"

'Despite the hardships of this worls you have tried to give the mortals times of peace. To the very first of the gods, Myself included, You are the origin of all that is good and evil, you have kept things in balance for eons and you must embrace this in order to prevail"

"But why?"

"The forces of Power and change constantly fight, while the power of balance keeps things right, This is an old saying from the Soul Dancer, even the symbol of our world, three swirls joined to form a triangle, makes it clear that there are not two opposing forces in this reality, but three"

Sunset closed her eyes and let her mind process this information and almost instantly something made itself clear to her. She opened her eyes and whirled around to face the sun; through some form of alicorn magic she could see the giant golden furred chinese dragon with a mane of flames and amber coloured eyes looking at her calmly.

"Manaquire is change, Tempus is power and I'm balance....something has changed the force of change itself and the force of power lacks the strength to stop it, so I must embody both power and change to set things right and save Equestria" she said, if only to reassure herself.

"And how will you do that?" Ignis asked.

"Well ok let's see, i need to the temporal abyss to gain power to stop manaquire, but I also need to aquire an even amount of darkness and light energy to allow a complete metamorphasis to control such energy" Sunset rambled.

"That was surprisingly easy to deduce wasn't it?"

"I have a knack for thinking up ways for the impossible to become possible...but still..."

Sunset faltered as memories of the day before surfaced. She looked up at the dragon as she felt a sudden warmth on her shoulder, though the mighty creature had not moved from his position.

I am normally not one for words of comfort But if its any help, you have both the heroes and villains of this world to turn to for guidence, the soul dancer is lost in his own inner darkness and the light moulder has been taken by rogue forces, that I'm afriad is all i can tell you "

Sunset tried to give a face to the titles ignis had supplied and two popped into her minds eye.

"Fester....The first hero and Rainbow...The Seven Tailed Vixen; goddess of the seasons..Ignis! Did you see who the Rogue one was?"

"All I saw was a False beauty that radiated life but held no compassion for others"

"that means it was...Auraka....I thank you Fire Mancer and may your light never go out" Suset thanked him with a bow.

and I thank you Lunar Creator, for showing us the light in the darkest of times" the dragon ofthe sun replied with a nod of his head.

----------------------------------------

As Sunset teleported back to Vardos to rescue her friends and end the mess she had created, the golden dragon curled up in space looked down at the world below. it was not a rounded sphere, but flat with the continent of vardos surrouned by the badlands on three sides and with the south openning up to a small beach, beyond the badlands to the west was the mirror realm, a place only heard of mystery and beyond it the rest of the plane was shrouded by fog which concealed things Sunset had yet to create or things she had yet to discovr on her own.

All in all Vardos looked like a painting in a novel from the viewpoint of space.