• Published 24th Feb 2015
  • 20,477 Views, 1,280 Comments

The Conversion Bureau: Worlds Where It Wouldn’t Work - Sora2455



Worlds where The Conversion Bureau would fall flat on its face.

  • ...
47
 1,280
 20,477

World Suggestions Two

Harry Potter

"Well, this is a fine mess!" Professor Snape snarled.

The faculty of Hogwarts was having a crisis meeting. Not even head-in-the-ground ignoramus purebloods like the Malfoy family had missed the advent of the world-ending Barrier spreading from what claimed to be a nation of Unicorns, Winged Horses (though they called themselves Pegasi), and (as far as the wizarding world could tell) almost non-magical talking ponies.

Wizards and Witches everywhere were in a blind panic trying to decide what they could do to help, and whether this should prompt a reveal of the Wizarding World or not. The Headmaster was this very moment trying to herd the International Confederation of Wizards into a response plan.

"What I don't buy is this whole 'magic invading non-magical space' rubbish." Flitwick reported. "It might make sense to the muggles, but magic certainly isn't lacking in our world."

The other professors nodded thoughtfully. What could that Barrier actually be?

Fwoosh went the fireplace as Dumbledore floo'd in. "Good news!" He beamed. "We came up with an appropriate response to the situation."

"And?" Mcgonagall asked.

"I'm going to talk the situation over with their Princess over some tea." Dumbledore smiled.

"....what?" Snape reacted dumbly.


Four hours later, Princess Celestia could be seen speeding out of Hogwarts Castle with shameful tears streaking down her face.

Snape, watching her go, turned to Dumbledore. "What did you say to her, Headmaster?"

"I simply convinced her that this conversion plan of hers really wasn't the right thing to do. Her heart took over from there." Dumbledore replied slyly.

Snape looked at his boss with suspicion. "And what magic did you use to convince her, pray tell? Surely not the Imperius curse."

Dumbledore looked offended. "Do you really have such a low opinion of me, Severus?"

"That... creature... spent a awful lot of effort to just be turned around in one conversation." Snape pointed out.

"There may have been something in the tea." Dumbledore admitted.

"And what do you plan to do if she finds out that you put potions in her tea?"

"Nothing, the potion was in my tea after all." Dumbledore explained, showing the Potions master a bottle.

"Felix Felicis? The Liquid Luck potion?" Snape identified incredulously. "You talked the Princess into halting her schemes with luck?!"

"She has some magnificent parent issues, by the way." Dumbledore confided.


Familiar of Zero

The throne room rung with the sound of silence.

"I'm... I'm sorry." The Princess of Tristain, Henrietta managed. "Could you say that again, please?"

"I said my home is being invaded by unicorns, what's so hard to understand?!" Saito Hiraga, Japan native, demanded.

The Princess shared a look with the duchess de La Vallière. "Well, the thing is..."

"Is your homeland not the origin of the powerful Staff of Destruction?" Demanded the Duchess.

"Well, yes." Saito admitted, knowing they meant a rocket launcher.

"And that strange flying machine that defeated Albion's entire invasion fleet of dragons and airships?"

"Look, I know the Zero fighter was impressive to you guys, but - "

"Then explain to me how producers of such powerful artifacts are threatened by unicorns." The Duchess stressed.

"Well, it's not just unicorns. They also have pegasi and other ponies." Saito realized that was the wrong thing to say.

"They have this huge wall that we can't get though." He hurriedly explained. "It gets bigger over time. I think they plan to crush us with it."

"Can't you break this wall?" Henrietta asked.

"It's a magic wall." Saito mumbled.

Louise de La Vallière, who had remained silent up till now, looked pleadingly at her mother and her childhood friend. "Please, princess. Give me permission to dispel this wall!"

The Princess composed herself, and smiled back. "Of course, Louise."

"A magic wall that Saito's mysterious countrymen cannot break, manufactured by unicorns?" The Duchess flatly stated. "This I have to see."


One World Gate spell later...


"Do you think you can do it?" Saito quietly said to his master and love interest.

"Of course!" Louise replied with false confidence. "Void rules supreme over even the heretical magic of the elves. Unless this 'Unicorn Princess' also bears Brimir's holy bloodline, I should have no trouble riding us of her handwork."

Saito turned his head to see the Princess and Duchess, who were both trying to keep half an eye on the immense Barrier and the other goggling at Tokyo city behind them.

"No pressure." He whispered.

The sword strapped to Saito's back gave a hearty chuckle. "Hey, no worries! If she fails, give me a try!"

"You can eat that much magic?" Saito asked the sentient, magic-eating sword dubiously.

"Well, no." Derfflinger admitted. "But I could definitely cut a hole in it."

"Quiet!" Louise demanded. She then took a deep breath, and started to cast.

Louise's Void magic collided with Xlestia's Alicorn magic - a spell to overwrite magic with nothing impacting a spell to keep non-magical substances out. Power levels aside, the result was very predictable.

"Well," the Duchess broke the silence as the Barrier slowly dissolved "I believe your countrymen can handle themselves from here?"

On cue, a squadron of fighter jets flew overhead. The girls, raised in a fantasy setting, gawked.

"Yeah, I recon they can." Saito smirked.


Naruto

"You know, it's funny." The silver-haired ninja with one visible eye stated.

The Mane Six looked at him with varying degrees of pain, fear and anger. All of them were suffering some form of debilitating injury, be it a burn, laceration, or being peppered with kunai. Kakashi had been very careful in hamstringing them. After all, they would make excellent hostages, but they couldn't be allowed to escape.

"Those artifacts you brag about, the Elements of Harmony? I heard their power comes from something called the Tree of Harmony." The spy/assassin continued.

Normally that would have prompted comment from the ponies, but they were well aware of how quickly and thoroughly they had been beaten. They didn't want to attract any kind of attention from this guy. Humans were just as bad as the Princess said!

"And that's funny, because the power I used against you just now? Chakra? That comes from Kaguya Ōtsutsuki, after she ate the fruit of the Shinju tree."

A few handseals and nin-dogs appeared, ready to help transport the mares back to the Village. Rarity whimpered in remembered fear.

"The Shinju tree is an ancient tree which grew from the blood of the deceased during the era of endless wars at the dawn of the human race."

Rainbow Dash wished dearly that she still had the use of her wings. The jerk had stuck those knife things of his right though the delicate tendons needed to move them.

"So, I guess you could say our power comes from the Tree of Discord." Kakashi finished, preparing to move out.


Transformers

The two leaders stared at each other though the Barrier.

On one side, the ancient ruler of ponykind, Princess Xlestia, hovering above the ground so as to look her counterpart in the optics.

On the other, the ancient leader of the Autobots, Optimus Prime, having to step back every so often to avoid touching the expanding Barrier.

"Why?" The synthesized voice asked, like a teacher who couldn't understand why his student was failing. "Why would you come to this world if you knew that disaster would only follow you?"

Xlestia narrowed her eyes in disapproval. "Why did you?"

Prime was quiet for a time. "In the end... we had hoped not to get this world involved in the War."

"You failed miserably on that account."

Prime tightened his expression. "Were we to leave now, the Decepticons would hardly leave this world alone. If humanity is to survive, we must aid them as best we can."

"And so it is with us." Xlestia mostly succeeded in keeping the smugness out of her voice. "The Barrier is self-sustaining. Having us leave now would doom humanity to a slow demise."

Prime's fists tightened. "I cannot believe that this is the only option. By the end of your plan, all that remains of the human race will be memories."

"And by the end of your plan, all that remains of them will be ashes." Xlestia countered, shocking the ancient robot.

Prime waited for his anger protocols to cycle down. "They deserve the right to choose their fate."

"Then we shall see, won't we, what fate they decide?"

Prime stared into Xlestia's eyes, searching methodically. Then he transformed into vehicle mode, and drove off.

Xlestia smirked. As if the humans would choose probable death over certain life. She turned to fly off, but found her way blocked by Token Minion.

"Token, dear, if you would kindly - "

"Magnificent performance you gave there. I was truly impressed." The deep, metallic voice most certainly did not belong to Token. "Not many can put one over on Prime."

Xlestia gasped. "Changling?!"

Token Minion's face split open. The metal inside folded out, expanding until an impossibly large robot had emerged from the small pegasus.

"Worse." The newly revealed Decepticon boomed. "A Pretender suit."

The enormous metal hand wrapped around the Princess, who gasped in surprise. "But technology cannot enter here!"

"It cannot pass through that field of yours, no." The robotic life-form boomed out a correction. "Fortunately, Space Bridges render that meager protection of yours moot."

Xlestia struggled, but she was gripped so tight she could barely breathe.

"This world belongs to me, and I won't stand for interlopers claiming it from under me!" Megatron snarled, charging up his arm cannon. "Goodbye, princess."


Gurren Lagann

"The hell happened to you?" Kamina demanded of the crater in the ground.

With a groan, Princess Xlestia pulled herself out of the dirt she'd been imbedded in. The other Dai-Gurren members took a step back at the sight of a new 'beastman' but Kamina just stood and watched.

Kamina squinted at the creature. Xlestia took a moment to compose her answer.

"You know how you can spend years planning your time in a new world and you get there and everything falls to pieces?"

"Oh boy do I!" Kamina responded happily. "The surface world was supposed to be this awesome paradise, but I get here and it's just this pathetic desolate place where all the animals have giant robots to kill you with!"

Xlestia stared at Kamina blankly. "Um. Yes. Well, suffice to say the Spiral King didn't approve of my plans of conquest. I'm... not sure how far he threw me, exactly. How far away is the capital from here?"

"You went up against the Spiral King?" Yoko asked amazed. Then she processed the second sentence. "The Spiral King threw you from the capital to here? How crazy strong is he?! The capital's on the other side of the ocean!"

"I'm not certain." Xlestia admitted. "He somehow converted his entire city into a giant robot and started smashing my Barrier to pieces. That was what threw me. Without my Alicorn levels of Pegasus magic, I'd be charcoal by now."

"His whole city is a giant Gunmen?" Kamina asked in excitement. "Awesome! I can't wait to steal that from under his nose! Come on, guys! Pick up the horsy and lets go!"

"Wait, what? Why are you bringing me along?"

"You can tell us all about your epic struggle with the Spiral Tyrant!"

"I lost. Badly. And I had an army and a giant wall of death on my side!"

"We have better: Team Dai-Gurren's manly spirit!" Kamina then seemed to realize something. "Hmmm. Yoko has epic boobs and a giant sniper rifle, so she's as manly as can be, but how are we going to fit you in the team?"

Yoko pointed said rifle at the back of Kamina's head. "Is that why you keep me on the team? Really?"

"I know!" Kamina ignored the death glare from Yoko with practiced denseness. "We'll get you a saddle, and you can be my manly warhorse!"

"Bro?" Simon questioned. "You pilot a giant robot. How are you going to fit a horse in the cockpit with you?"

"I'm a pony." Xlestia protested out of habit.

"I'll do it with guts! Now, onwards! I have a few things I'd like to say to this King looser."


"Oh, Celestia! You're, um, not human shaped anymore."

Xlestia glared at teenage Simon. "It took ninety bottles of Conversion Serum to flush the Spiral Energy out. Ninety. I don't care if it's an emergency, never use my horn as a replacement Core Drill again!"

Author's Note:

I found this gem when researching Pretenders...

EDIT 30/6/16: Changed Megatron's method of entry to something less butt-pull-y.