• Published 24th Feb 2015
  • 20,470 Views, 1,280 Comments

The Conversion Bureau: Worlds Where It Wouldn’t Work - Sora2455



Worlds where The Conversion Bureau would fall flat on its face.

  • ...
47
 1,280
 20,470

Boss rush

Xlestia yawned. She'd worked hard today implementing her plan, but she had to sleep sometime. Time to turn control of Equestria over to her sister. Flapping her wings gently, she alighted on the royal balcony and trotted into her sister's bedroom. "Luna? Are you awake?"

"How could I sleep?" Came a cruel and haughty voice that was barely recognizable as her sister's. "When the fear and despair is so thick in this world?"

Complete and utter shock paralyzed Xlestia for the crucial moments that Nightmare Moon used to bind her in shadows. "What....? But... but we fixed you! Luna is stronger now!"

"Luna hasn't grown weaker." Nightmare Moon purred. "With the mess the world is in, what else would the humans do..."

She paused dramatically, aiming Xlestia out the window toward the sunset. "...but feed their Nightmares?"

With a scream, Xlestia was banished to the sun.

Nightmare Mood let out a deep, booming laugh. Then, as something occurred to her, her eyes furrowed. How the hay do I implement Eternal Night on a round planet?


The Barrier advanced, unstoppable in its rampage. Wherever it passed, the tones of Earth became brighter as the ground was transformed below it. Stuck between the Barrier and a ravine, a family huddled futility in their SUV, waiting for the end.

Then the Barrier suddenly decided to go backwards. And turn pink with purple polka dots. When the father dared to look out the window of his car, the Barrier suddenly rushed back out, stopping a centimeter from his face. The terrified man fell back, letting out a girly scream of terror.

Hysterical laughter echoed from somewhere unseen.

"Discord!" Reprimanded a booming voice from far away. "Stop that at once!"

"Sorry, what was that? I couldn't hear you over how much fun I'm having!"

With that, the Barrier's surface became made entirely out of embarrassing photos of Xlestia.


"Token Minion?" Xlestia asked, haggard. "Token, where are you? Oh! Token, what have you been up to?"

"Getting kidnapped by changelings, actually." Xlestia's assistant mare replied.

"Huh?" Xlestia tried to process that along with all the other messes happening lately. "Well, how did you escape?"

'Token' simply raised an eyebrow.

"Ah pony-feathers." Xlestia cursed, firing a beam of sun yellow magic at the disguised bug-pony. The Changeling Queen dropped her disguise and fired her own sickly green beam to match it.

As the green beam began to overtake the yellow beam, Xlestia cried "What the hay?!"

"It may not be as concentrated as Shining Armor's love," Chrysalis explained smugly "but there are a lot of humans hoping for your defeat, so it doesn't matter."

Fueled by stolen hope, Chrysalis overpowered Xlestia and imprisoned her in one of her namesakes. The Changeling Queen licked her lips. "First, your ponies. Then, we will feast on human gratitude before draining the lot of them dry. Oh yes, now is a good time to be a changeling."


"I have had enough!" Xlestia roared, many of the humans having to hold on to loose items of clothing as the pressure became ridiculous. "If you wish to oppose me so badly, so be it! You shall see me at my full power, when I rabdigrabble..." Her rant became unintelligible as Plunder Vines wrapped around her, covering her mouth and dragging her away.

One of the younger human soldiers watched as the giant black tentacle-vines dragged the alicorn all the way back into the Everfree forest. "Uh, sir? Should we help her?"

His C.O. smacked him in the back of the head as the assembled troops scrambled around, trying not to be taken by the vines themselves.


King Aspen, sometimes called the Heart of the Forest, shared a confused glance with his son Bramble. The two deer looked together at the messenger deer. "Celestia's doing what?"

"She's expanding out the Barrier." The faithful subject repeated. "Making it grow."

"Are you sure?" Bramble said, highly confused. "That doesn't sound like... anything she would do. Ever."

"You see, son?" The king told his son. "I told you ponies were no good."

"I think the idea is she's trying to force all the humans to become ponies." The messenger deer clarified.

The king's eye twitched. "She's killing all the Earth deer just so she can get some more subjects?! Fat chance!"

With great fury, the king snatched a potion bottle from a cabinet, and with great fury... gently poured it out onto the ground outside his palace.

The magic from the potion exited the Everfree forest at high speed, reaching Canterlot in minutes. Giant vines (a natural green this time) burst out from the ground, bursting buildings from the ground as they made their way to the palace.

Xlestia's use of the royal cussing vocabulary could be heard from Ponyville.


Tirek the centaur stared up at the Barrier. Then he tilted his head, reached out with his hands and ripped the magic right out of the Barrier. The magical wall spluttered and died as it lost all power.

"Pathetic." He snorted.


Adagio Dazzle inhaled deeply. "You feel that, girls?"

Sonata groaned in pain. "Yeah. I like, shouldn't have eaten that third taco..."

Aria kicked the other siren in the shins. "She means the magic in the air, doofus."

"Oh. Yeah. That." Sonata wheezed.

Adagio shut the other two up with a glare. "Seems to me like somepony forgot that they've been using this magic-free place as a dumping ground. You know what this means?"

"We get a second shot at conquering Canterlot?" Aria grinned, feeling magic already starting to refill her gem. "Can't wait to leave this dump."

"Won't be long now girls." Adagio could feel her true form rising up under her human shell. "Lets rock."

Author's Note:

In many fanfics, TBC fanfics especially, Celestia is written as this unstoppable goddess. I have no idea why; she gets defeated, like, once a season. (King Aspen is from the FiM comic books.)

This will be the last shorts chapter for now. I'll actually write a World chapter next.