• Published 14th Feb 2015
  • 737 Views, 1 Comments

Against The Crowd: Opal Gemstone - RowanSkie



Surely, Opal Gemstone lost her memories. Atleast a few remained, and the first one he sees is Twilight Sparkle. Oh dear...

  • ...
 1
 737

Chapter 7 - The Struggle

Author's Note:

In this finale, Opal saved Equestria by sacrificing himself, solving an paradox he never knew that was happening. The effects devastate the Pony Sisters, and Twilight Sparkle encounters déjà vu.

Until Opal returns and the wedding continues.

Opal caused a huge time paradox, causing time to reset into the time where Twilight Sparkle was about to visit Ponyville. Amongst the ponies, only Twilight, Princess Celestia, and Opal retained the memories. Oh well. As Twilight Sparkle landed on Ponyville, Opal looked at Twilight with a Sniper Rifle he and Pinkie Pie got from somewhere you don't want to know.

"Sorry my dear, but this is to avoid measures," addressed Opal as he fires at Twilight Sparkle twice as well as to Spike.

Pinkie's eyes grew as Twilight gets wounded. "Why did you do that? She was the star of the story!"

"I had to..." Opal tries to shoot Twilight even though he knew the bullets can't get through her shield.

"Had to what?" Pinkie asked, "Kill her so that the story resets and then you could say goodbye then you can choose three paths and one of the paths makes me as the lead characters which I DO NOT like at all because I'm gonna be like staying with an egghead?"

"Sorry to break it," Opal replied, "no. It's to get myself in the dungeons."

"WaitwaitwaitWHAT?!"

Opal looked at Pinkie before taking a deep breath and trying another shot, "It's... it's for her good. A path for us, never to meet, never to fall in love, never to discover my secrets..."

As soon as he says this, a lightning struck Opal. Twilight looked at the location of where the lightning hit and made a run for it.

'Opal, my love.' Twilight ran faster, 'Why did you have to...'

Twilight arrived and felt a like she was heartbroken. Pinkie gasped and dashed away, while a statue of a familiar pony looking upward was found.

"No..."


Opal... what have you done...

I didn't do anything wrong!

You have, and you will pay for it.

This doesn't make any sense!

You have derailed.

It was for the greater good!

It was not!

This ends now.

No, you can't! You're gonna destroy the Rediscovery Universe!

You can't control my life forever.

You'll kill yourself!

Goodbye, Twilight Sparkle...

No! You're NOT going to do this! Not for the Crowd!

Then this will be Against The Crowd.

You've doomed us all!

I'm sorry......

NO! NO NO NO!


Pinkie's Pinkie Sense gave Pinkie a doozy after Twilight and Princess Celestia got a headache at the same time.

"Ooh!" exclaimed Pinkie who was hopping in joy, "He did it!"

"What... what?" Twilight recovered from the headache, "who did what, miss?"

"Opal Gemstone saved us from a crazy paradox he unleashed!" Pinkie replied, before looking at Twilight and stopped hopping, "Don't... don't you remember him?"

"Who... I... I don't know," Twilight said, "I... how did you know... how did you know him??"

"Why?" Pinkie asked, her curiosity taking over.

"He's... he died from... changelings," Twilight replied, "He died from... Arrgh... How can I know him..."

[Princess Celestia knows nothing...] commented Pinkamena, [I've seen it... he's gone.]

Impossible! Pinkie told back, how about the Twilight x Opal shipping?

[It'll return...] Pinkamena faded back into the back of Pinkie's head.

"I... what do you remember?" Pinkie asked.

"Portions... portions of almost everything, like a planned wedding, an adopted daughter..." Twilight looked at the statue before it turns into ashes, "somepony like the pony..."

"You still REMEMBER!" Pinkie tackle-hugged Twilight, "YOU'VE GOT TO WRITE IT NOW!"

"Ok, ok, what's your name first?" Twilight asked.

"Right, right right right! My name's Pinkie Pie," Pinkie greeted, "My full name's Pinkamena Diane Pie but it's so boring so call me Pinkie and I like cupcakes and parties!"

"Ok," Twilight said awkwardly, "I'm Twili-"

"I know you," Pinkie cutted off her sentence, "You're Twilight Sparkle the personal protégé of Princess Celestia and the overseer for this year's Summer Sun Celebration which will be celebrated here!"

"You already know, huh." Twilight pushed Pinkie away as she stands up straight. "So... how did you know?"

"Basically, I should have gone 'GASP' and then go 'SWOOSH' and then plan a part then surprise you with a 'Welcome to Ponyville' party at the Library where you're gonna stay and then when the Summer Sun Celebration comes you're gonna go come!" Pinkie answered, "now, where was I... Aha, let's go down and then do this part all over again."

Time fixed!

"Not for long, narrator!" Pinkie added.

Ok, that's really creepy.


After the creation of Twilight's castle...

The skies turned gray, the clouds began to spin on its own, and the middle is located at Canterlot, and a lightning hits one of the topiaries of the Canterlot Garden. The topiary disentigrated into dust, and a pony appeared on where it was. The pony replaced the topiary, though.

Princess Celestia came to the Garden to investigate the strange phenomenon which surprised her after seeing the pony.

"Princess Celestia, at your service. It's me," said the magenta pony, "Opal Gemstone."

Opal did expect Celestia to slack-jaw, but not to see her faint. Now, he found himself locked in the Royal Dungeons. And the visitor he first had was Twilight Sparkle, who has just also recovered from a faint.

"My love, Opal!" Twilight ran up to Opal and slapped him, "where have you been exactly?"

"Here and there," Opal said, "between worlds I had to control after that... sniping attempt."

Pinkie appeared on the pillow. "YAY YOU'RE BACK!"

Opal jumped and hovered himself down with his magic, "Woah, hey!"

Pinkie decided to pull of her long sentence about Opal to Twilight before Twilight looked back at Opal. Twilight summoned a letter and gave it to Opal. Opal read the latter, and didn't understand the message. Opal was about to ask a question before Twilight flew off. Surprisingly, Opal used his "neon" powers by dashing and crashing himself in the town hall in Ponyville. Mayor Mare looked at Opal as he groan and run to Twilight through the window.

Twilight was about to escape through the crystal mirror before Opal tackled her down.

"Why'd you do that?" Opal asked.

"Owowow... you're stepping on my wing..." Twilight pointed at the hoof and Opal raised to so that Twilight can retract the wing, "what again?"

"Why did you gave me a letter with nothing in it?" Opal asked.

"Because... it's how I..." Twilight stood straight and blushed, "I missed you."

Opal smiled as well. "I missed you too." Opal kissed Twilight.

Twilight kissed Opal back before looking at the room, "Well..."

"It's cool! Awesome! Fits for you!" Opal commented before Twilight could ask.

"Uh..." Twilight winced, "thanks. How did you know?"

"I... it's this thing, remember when the Royal Guards put that the shield?" Opal asked.

"Yes, yes it was surprising, and a pony tried to kill me using that long gun-thing." Twilight replied, then realised something. "You did that to find yourself out!?"

Opal was wincing, then looked at his saddlebag, before nodding.

"Why didn't you wait the for the time I became a princess?" Twilight stepped closer and whispered, "what were you thinking?"

Opal froze in place, and shrugged.

"Really?"

"Yes, Princess." Opal joked, "now, anything please? I shouldn't have stayed here fo–"

Twilight suddenly pressed her lips to Opal's lips in a long time, before close the library door and Opal kissed back.


In a universe different from the universe where Opal is right now...

"Sir, should we celebrate a wedding?"

"Are you out of your mind?! The supposed wedding didn't took place because of awareness!"

"But sir, they already had a wedding just now."

"...what?"


"and that's how I married Twilight Sparkle, and we've decided to create a secret group, and decided to join your group, Mr...?" Opal said.

"Dr. Spark. Dr. Quantum X. Spark, sir." the man corrected. "So, welcome to the Alliance, hope ponies won't be such shenanigans."

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment