• Published 10th Feb 2015
  • 617 Views, 2 Comments

A fragile feather - Pony paladin



Doing a visit to her parents Fluttershy meets a colt who have been kicked out of his home and lived on the streets and she have decided to help the colt, now the colt is starting a new life what kind of adventures will he face

  • ...
 2
 617

Chapter 1 wingless

In the land of Equestria, there exist three types of cities: the first one is the noble cities of the unicorns, which are rich on culture and house the royal families that rule and protect the land, then there are the down to earth towns and villages of the earth pony's that have great community and unity, they also provide the food for all of Equestria, and then we have the cities in the sky where the pegasus lives and control the weather from.

In one of the pegasi cities known as cloudsdale we find the element of kindness Fluttershy walking into a living room with a with some tea to an older pegasus mare with a light green mane, pink coat and a heart shaped cloud for a cutie mark.

The mare's name is cloud lover and is the mother of Fluttershy. "Thank you, Fluttershy." said Cloud lover and took a cup "It's so nice when you come to visit," she said and took a sip of her tea. "I just wish you could do it a little more often".

"Well it's a little hard to visit when I'm taking care all the little animals." said Fluttershy, taking a cup of her own and had a smile. "By the way," said the older mare. "Have you met any cute Stallions in Ponyville?".

Then Fluttershy's smile disappeared. "But of course he doesn't need to be the most handsome, smartest or fastest pony," she continued, and made Fluttershy feel a little uncomfortable.

"He just needs to treat you right." Cloud lover, oblivious to her daughters uncomfort simply continued. "Eh mom, could we change subject?" Asked the timid mare "of cause dear" said her mother with a sweet smile.

"So how are dad doing?" Asked Fluttershy and took a sip from her tea "oh he's doing okay but he did get a whiplash a few days ago" said the older mare and Fluttershy got a terrified look on her face which her mother noticed "don't worry the doctors said that nothing bad happened to him" and then began Fluttershy to relax.

"But he is still as stubborn as always." said Cloud lover, and giggled and Fluttershy joined her. "I see he hasn't changed at all". And then the two mares laughed a little more. "So what have you been up to lately?" Her mother asked her.

"Well I've been taking care of all the animals around Ponyville" she said but then the door to the living room opened and a big Pegasus stallion came into the room and got a giant smile on his face when he saw Fluttershy "Why if it isn't my little princess," he said as he walked over to her and gave her a big hug. "How have you been, I've missed you so much," he said without letting her go. The stallion had a red coat and green mane and his cutie mark was a meteo made out of a cloud, his name is Cloud fire.

"I've missed you too dad" said Fluttershy and hugged him back but then the old pony gave her a strict look. "I uh mean I'll also missed you sir," she said and saluted the old stallion.

"So are you on a friendly visit or are you finally moving back in?" asked Cloud fire.

"Um, I'm only on a friendly visit," she said, nervously.

"Ok but if any stillion ever bothers you, just tell me and I will show them what an ex-captain in the royal guards can do" he said with pride in his voice.

"Now honey." said Cloud lover as she put her cup on the table and walked over to Cloud fire. "Don't you think that is enough, as you know I want some grandchildren one day but if you keep chasing every boy away from her how am I gonna get that wish fulfilled." Cloud lover said to her husband.

"Not this again love." said the old stallion and looked annoyed. "I told you: she isn't old enough to be dating anypony." Cloud fire said. Now it was Cloud lovers turn to get annoyed. "Please honey take a look at her," she said and pointed at Fluttershy "She isn't a little fragile filly anymore, she is old enough to live on her own and she is old enough to have a coltfriend".

And while Cloud lover and Cloud fire was arguing Fluttershy was slowly moving towards the door. "Well it looks like you are out of milk, I think I will go out and get some," she said and left through the door fast.

Fluttershy made a sigh of relief as she walked through the Cloudsdale market "Sometimes I would wish they wouldn't fight like that," she said to herself and looked at the different things on sale in the market.

She saw that some cloud carrots was on sale and decided to buy some for Angel "That'll be five bits." said a bulky light brown Pegasus stallion that looked like he hadn't shaved or taken a bath for weeks and with a cap on.

"But that's too expensive compared to what they usually costs." said Fluttershy but whimpered after an angry look from the salespony. "Listen up pipsqueak do you want them or not because I have other costumers waiting." he said and made Fluttershy nervous. "I'll just be on my way then," she said and walked away from him. "As you wish doormat!" He called to her.

But what they didn't notice was somepony in the shadows keeping an eye on them then another mare came up to buy some cloud carrots from him. "That'll be ten bits," he said and the mare looked at him with a suspicious look. "But they only cost five bits yesterday" she said and found ten bits and threw them on the counter. "It's a tough time," he said with a smirk and gave her the carrots.

Later on Fluttershy sat out infront of her old favorite café when something came running by fast and threw some cloud carrots over too her which surprised her. "Where did these come from?" she asked and then the sales pony from before came running by. "Where in Celestia's name did that little thief run off too?" He asked and looked around.

The sales pony then saw Fluttershy sitting nearby "Hey pipsqueak" he said and pointed at her with a angry look. "Y-yes" she said scared. "Did you see a little colt run by with some cloud carrots?" he asked and tried to see if he could find the pony he was looking for.

Then Fluttershy noticed a little colt looking out from an alley that ended blind and looked scared "I'm sorry but I haven't" she said and carefully looke towards the young colt but he had vanished "damn" said the sales pony "thats the fifth time in three days he got away from me" he said as he flew back to his booth.

When the sales pony was out of sight Fluttershy walked over to the alley she had seen the little colt in. She began to look around the allay and found some boxes that looked like they had been put together to make a hiding spot.

"Hello," said the shy Pegasus and looked at the hiding spot but jumped back when she saw a rustling from it and a grey colt with a short dark red mane but Fluttershy saw something that surprised her the colt had undeveloped wings he had only the base of his wings and nothing else.

"Hey miss," the colt said and looked nervous. "I hope you didn't get any problems because I got you those carrots." Fluttershy then looked over to the table she was sitting at when the colt and sales pony had run by. "Oh no I didn't," she said whit a kind smile. "but why was he chasing you?" She asked.

The colt looked away and said something Fluttershy couldn't hear. "What was that dear?" she asked and moved a little closer to him he repeated it but she could still not hear him. "Um maybe one more time and a little louder?".

"I stole them from him," the colt said and couldn't look at Fluttershy. Fluttershy had a shocked look on her face. "You stole them?" she asked, suprised and the colt nodded and looked like he was about to cry "Please don't be angry or hit me," he said as a small tear left his eyes.
Fluttershy could see that he was scared and seemed to want to run away "Oh I'm not angry" she said and the colt looked at her suprised "Your not?" He asked and Fluttershy nodded. "I just don't understand why you would steal something."

The colt kicked the clouds they were standing on. "Well that sales pony always take a high prize for what he sells," he said while not facing Fluttershy. "And if somepony look like they have a lot of money he will increase the prize only for them." Fluttershy was suprised to hear that "And when I saw you trying to buy something from him and couldn't, I decided to steal them for you".

The colt then began to cry. "Please don't be angry, I just wanted to help," For some reason Fluttershy decided to give the colt a hug which surprised him greatly. "Why aren't you angry?" He asked confused.

"You only wanted to help and you also knew you did it the wrong way," she said and then the colt began crying. "There there," said the element of kindness as she patted the colts bag as he cried.

When the colt stopped crying decided Fluttershy to let him go from the hug. "Now how about telling me you name" she said with a smile. "Featherless" he said and dried his snout "Ok, my name is Fluttershy" she presented herself.

Featherless then turned around and was on his way out of the alley "well it was nice meeting you miss Fluttershy" said Featherless as he walked away "Wait." said Fluttershy and walked up to him. "How about I take you home to your parants?".

Featherless then looked a little worried. "I don't think that would be a good idea, you wouldn't like it anyway," he said as he looked away. "Ooh don't be like that I would love to meet you parents". But Featherless wasn't so sure. "Ok but I did warn you." And then they began walking away.

Fluttershy was surprised to see that Featherless lived in the rich parts of Cloudsdale "You live here?" Fluttershy asked and looked at him. "Well you could say that," he said, sad.

Featherless then lead Fluttershy to the biggest house she had ever seen in Cloudsdale and then he knocked on the door and got a sad and painful look on his face.

The door was opened by a mare with a snow white coat and a baby blue mane and her cutie mark was a couple of wings with a fire trail. "Hello how can I help..." she said with a smile but when she saw Featherless she got an angry look. "Oh, it's you.

"Hey mom" Featherless said and looked away and his mother just staring at him angry "um excuse me, but I've brought your son home" said Fluttershy and could sense the tension.

"I can see that," she said angry and then looked at Featherless "And didn't I tell you to never return home?" She asked and Featherless took a step back "Yes you did," he said with tears forming in his eyes "Then how dare you come back? You little freak".
Fluttershy was shocked to hear the mare call her own son a freak. "And you are nothing but a big disappointment to your father," she told him and now Featherless couldn't hold the tears back anymore.

"Um miss, I don't think you should say all that to him." said Fluttershy and the mare then looked at her "So you the one that helped him back?" The mare asked and Fluttershy nodded. "Well if you want him you can have him I don't want to see that wimp again" and then she closed the door hard.

Featherless was now lying on the clouds with his head under his hooves and crying hard and loud. Fluttershy then patted his back very gently. "Come Featherless, I'll take you to a place that will treat you nice," And then she took him on her back and glided away from the place that made him hurt.

After a few minutes Fluttershy and Featherless was outside Fluttershy's parents house "Where are we miss Fluttershy?" asked Featherless as he looked around. "Hopefully your new home," she said and opened the door.

Comments ( 2 )

it's quite fast paced and lacks many details, it could use some work but i'm a sucker for a good mother shy fic. keep it up

5609090 Thanks and I'm gonna try to make it less fast paced from here on

Login or register to comment