• Published 7th Feb 2015
  • 4,440 Views, 765 Comments

The Rainboom Thieves - KingJoltik



In an alternate world, the Mane Six are master thieves known as the Rainbooms!

  • ...
17
 765
 4,440

PreviousChapters Next
Intermission - How Rainbow Dash joined the Rainboom Thieves.

Almost two years ago...

“Um, you wished to see me sir?” asked Rainbow Dash as she entered the Cloudsdale Flight School Principal's Office.

“Yes, come in.” said the principal. “You are Rainbow Dash, correct?”

“Yeah.” said Rainbow as she sat down in a chair.

“Now, I have a report here that you just beat up five other pegasi the other day.”

“Hey! They were bullying other younger fillies. They were beating them up and I stood up for them!”

“Yes, well, if a filly is getting bullied than they must defend themselves. There is no need to have an older pegasus to get involved.”

“That's ridiculous! The bullies were older than me!”

“I also don't care.” said the principal sternly. “Now listen here, I have a report here saying that you have fought multiple pegasi over the past few years. Now regularly we don't mind this since we believe competition is very important. Rivalries are important but not constant fight fests.”

“That's stupid! I've always fought them because they bully others. I could never let helpless ponies just be beat up in front of me.”

“Well, either you change your tune or you will be expelled!” said the principal with a violent look on his face.

“Expelled? Why don't you tell that to the bullies? Why me?”

“Because one of those 'bullies' you speak of, that you beat up, is my son!”

“Um...”

“Now, either stop or I will expel you.”

Rainbow Dash got increasingly more angry. Then she began yelling, “NO! I will never turn a blind eye to your son's bullying and his bully friends!”

“You want to join the Wonderbolts, right?” said the principal calmly.

“Um, yes? Why?”

“You are officially expelled. Also I will send an official letter to the Wonderbolts, requesting that you will never ever be able to join them. Get out.”

“But...but..”

“GET OUT YOU PIECE OF FILTHY DIGUSTING GARBAGE!!!!”

Rainbow Dash slowly walked out of the office and then the school. She slowly walked out of Cloudsdale. Her parents had moved away a while ago while Rainbow had stayed in Cloudsdale. Now she didn't know what to do. She slowly flew through the sky and sat on a lone cloud out in the middle of an open field. There she sat, crying. Then a yellow pegasus flew up to her.

“Um..Rainbow? Is that you?” said a meek voice.

“Huh?” asked Rainbow Dash as she slowly looked around. “Fluttershy?”

“Are you okay? Wait... are you crying Rainbow?” asked Fluttershy.

“Um...it's nothing. What are you doing here Fluttershy?”

“Well, I thought you might be here... this is our old meeting place, remember?”

“Yeah....I know.”

“What happened?”

Rainbow Dash still had tears come down out of her eyes. She looked at Fluttershy and she had that concerned look on her face she always had on when asking any question. “Um....okay Fluttershy. I'll tell you...”

Rainbow Dash told her what had happened, how the principal kicked her out and destroyed her dream. Fluttershy just sat there on the cloud listening to her every word.

“That's what happened....Now I don't what to do. I don't have anything left now.”

“Um...Rainbow...” said Fluttershy and then walked up to Rainbow and hugged her. “It'll be okay.”

“Thanks Fluttershy. Say, why are you here? Don't you live in Ponyville right now?”

“Yes, well, um, I'm not staying at Ponyville right now...”

“Why not?”

“Well....how do I say this....I'm here to actually, um, recruit you.”

“Recruit me?”

“Yeah, I thought that maybe you could help me with a job I've become involved in.”

Rainbow was a little confused but had a feeling she shouldn't refuse. “Sure Fluttershy, what's the job?”

“Well, um, you'll first need to follow me to Baltimare.”

“Baltimare? That's a bit far.”

“Don't worry, I have us some train tickets.”

“Alright, I'm in. I got nothing to lose now.”

A little train ride later...

“So where is this Twilight you spoke of?”

“Oh, um, we need to go to the meeting place...”

At that moment a purple unicorn approached them. “You're a bit early Fluttershy.” she said.

“Ah, Twilight.”

“Welcome back Fluttershy. I suspect this is Rainbow Dash?”

“Um, yeah, are you Twilight?”

“Yes.”

“Okay, well, Fluttershy said you have a job for me?”

“Yes, she told me you are quite the thrill seeker. I could use somepony like that on the team I'm making.”

“What kind of thrills?”

“The dangerous kind. But I guarantee that you be greatly rewarded if you join my team.”

“Well, I can tell Fluttershy trusts you....so why not? I'm in.”

Author's Note:

I think this was the first of the all the origin stories I had in mind first. I just knew it would work better after the last chapter to do this story. Next will probably be Pinkie Pie, if I can think of a good way to tell her story.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

PreviousChapters Next