• Published 7th Feb 2015
  • 4,427 Views, 765 Comments

The Rainboom Thieves - KingJoltik



In an alternate world, the Mane Six are master thieves known as the Rainbooms!

  • ...
17
 765
 4,427

PreviousChapters Next
The Diamond of the Shattered Crystal.

POW!

Rainbow Dash went flying into a wall after getting hit. She slowly slumped down as her attacker approached her.

“So little thief.....thought you could just waltz in here and steal from us?!” yelled the attacker. The attacker then grabbed and lifted Rainbow Dash. Then proceeded to punch her over and over.

POW! BAM! WHAM! BAM!

“Stupid little thief, do you not know who I am?! I am the Gilda! The greatest griffon that has ever lived!!!”

POW!

One week ago....

Trixie once again began typing on her typewriter.

Journal over the Rainbooms:
The Rainbooms have struck again. This time was 30 million bits from the Golden Goose Bank of Manehatten. We found absolutely no evidence to catch the thieves. Five of the guards have minor concussions that has affected their memory of that night while the other five guards were gassed with sleep gas. This in turn, left us with no witnesses. We still don't know what any of these ponies look like. In their believed failed crime in Baltimare, two hooded ponies were found trying to steal the Emerald of the Cat. Then a sudden blackout happened, causing them to escape. I believe this to be some sort of back up plan they prepared just in case. The only other time of witnessing the Rainbooms was the white unicorn named 'Fantasy Jewel' who tricked Muggy Snide. 'Fantasy Jewel' is obviously an alias. We then investigated but there are thousands of white unicorns in Manehatten. So that was a bust. Now I have no leads, again. Not only that, considering the money they have stolen now, they could easily retire now. They can't be doing it just for thrills, they would never be this careful.

Trixie stopped typing. She just sat there and then sipped some coffee she had prepared. “I'm missing something, just one detail is all I need....” she said to herself.

Meanwhile at the Rainbooms hideout...

“Okay girls, I have another job for us.” said Twilight as she confronted the other five.

“Already? Manehatten is a heist filled city!” remarked Rainbow Dash.

“Indeed darling, in Baltimare it would take a few months at a time for a new heist.”

“Well, that's Manehatten for you.” said Twilight. “Now this will probably be the riskiest heist we've ever done...”

“Stop right there pardner. You say this every single time, you know we are all with you Twilight.” said Applejack.

“Yeah, don't worry about it.” remarked Rainbow Dash.

“Um..okay, thank you girls.” said Twilight as she pulled out the disguise rings and maps. “Well, this is our target.”

She pulled out a picture of a odd looking diamond.

“Oh my, is this?” asked Rarity.

“Yes, this is the Diamond of the Shattered Crystal. It is said to be the only diamond know to have a both a valuable crystal and diamond fused together by natural means.”

“Natural means?”

“It means it was dug up like that.”

“It looks like a diamond with a pike sticking out of it.”

“That's the crystal darling.”

“It sells for 45 million bits girls.”

“45? Alright, sounds good to me.”

The rest nodded their heads in agreement.

Twilight then took a deep breath and began explaining. “Okay, here's the plan, a week from now the owner of this diamond is going to be having a huge rave party. The owner is part of the Reef mafia, which as we know has lost a significant amount of money recently. Now, the owner, Rice Flag throws these parties every two weeks. The parties are a disguise for underground deals and other selling of illegal materials. However, due to a certain loss of money the security this time with be very lax. Originally, I wanted us to steal this over a month ago but security was too good.”

“Now, he can't hire as much help huh?”

“Correct, so I have us a two part plan. First, we will use the disguise rings and sneak into the club. The office where the diamond is has two ways to get into it. There are two different staircases to the office, both will obviously be guarded. Opposite of the office will be the security camera room. So, first, Rarity, you will distract the guards on one of the two staircases, it doesn't matter which one. Then, Pinkie, Applejack and Rainbow Dash will sneak up the stairs. I need one of you to use this device on the security camera computers.” she said as she pulled out a small mechanical device. “I made this a little while ago, put this one the security camera computer and it corrupt all its footage. The device will then self destruct after doing so. Then, one of you will go and crack the safe with the diamond in the office. I'll give use a hacking device like the other job we did. Then you grab the diamond and all of you get out of there as quick as possible.”

“Sounds easy enough.”

“Not exactly, I have reports that they have hired serious muscle so be careful.”

“You worry too much Twilight, what could go wrong?”

“Don't ever say that Rainbow.”

One week later, the night of the heist...

“Everypony ready?”

“Ready!” the four said.

“Are you sure they'll be okay?” asked Fluttershy who sat right by Twilight.

“They'll be okay.”

The operation began, Rarity, Rainbow, Pinkie and Applejack walked into the club with their disguise rings on. They showed off passes that Twilight had bought in advance they waltzed right into the club. They looked at each other as they saw hundreds of ponies dancing while a white unicorn with shades was at the back of the party playing a mix table.

“Aw man...I wanna dance.” said Pinkie.

“Darling, we can come to the party another time, alright?”

“Okay...”

The four slowly made their way to the right staircase. Rarity cocked her neck and slowly approached the guard. “Hey there handsome.”

The guard made no reaction.

“Hello, any pony there?”

“Please go away.” sad the guard.

Rarity at the start was surprised and then saw a little red in his face. “Ahhh....you're being shy aren't you?”

“Um...”

“Aw.. you're red..”

“Uh...please go away..I need to do my job..”

Rarity giggled at the guard, she knew she had his attention now. Rainbow, Pinkie and Applejack quickly sneaked around him and went up the stairs. Rainbow Dash went into the office as Pinkie and Applejack went into security room. There they saw a pony just watching the monitors, absentminded.

POW!

One quick hit to his head and he was out like a light.

“Now ah just put this thing on the computer right Twi?”

“Yes, go ahead.”

Applejack put the device on the main console and all the screens began to go haywire then all the screens shut down all at once. The device then began to start smoking and then made a small bang.

“Wow, that was a tiny explosion.” remarked Pinkie.

“Yeah...”

Meanwhile in the office, Rainbow had found the safe and put the hacking device on the safe. Twilight began hacking the safe and it opened. Rainbow the device in her bag and then began to reach for the diamond. Then suddenly she felt a pulling sensation. Someone grabbed her and threw her into the air and then punched her hard.

POW!

Rainbow Dash went flying into a wall after getting hit. She slowly slumped down as her attacker approached her.

“So little thief.....thought you could just waltz in here and steal from us?!” yelled the attacker. The attacker then grabbed and lifted Rainbow Dash. Then proceeded to punch her over and over.

POW! BAM! WHAM! BAM!

“Stupid little thief, do you not know who I am?! I am the Gilda! The greatest griffon that has ever lived!!!”

POW!

Gilda then went flying across the room after receiving a punch to the beak.

“Sorry pardner, I don't care who or what you are.” said Applejack.

“Yeah, you big meanie!” exclaimed Pinkie.

“Ow...more thieves huh?” Gilda said as she got up. “Fine, I can take all of on. My job is to make sure no one takes that diamond and none of you stinking ponies will ever beat me.”

“We'll see about that.” said Applejack as she tightened her muscles.

Gilda charged the two, talons ready to cut into them. But she was to slow, Applejack and Pinkie both punched her in the face at the same time before she could make a move.

POW! POW!

Gilda flapped her wings as she took a step back and began to attack again. The three began to fight with Applejack and Pinkie having the advantage. At the same time, a cloaked unicorn entered the room quietly.

BAM!

Gilda slumped to the floor, unconscious. The two looked at each other then went to Rainbow.

“You alright pardner?”

“Ugh...thanks. What about the diamond?” said Rainbow weakly.

“I'll get it.” said Pinkie only to walk over to the safe and saw it was gone. “Uh oh...It's gone!”

“What?!”

“Somepony must have grabbed it while we was fighting.” said Applejack.

“If that's case, get out of there now girls.” yelled Twilight.

“But..*cough*..the diamond....” said Rainbow weakly.

“It's fine, just get out of there.”

The three quickly ran out of the office with a beaten Rianbow in tow. Rairty, still talking to the guard, told him she needed to go freshen up and left the club as well. The four then got back to the hideout. There, Fluttershy immediately took Rainbow and began to examine her.

“Aw man, that didn't go well...” said Applejack.

“Yeah, that party was no fun...” said Pinkie.

“I'm sorry girls, this is all my fault... I shouldn't have had you try this heist. This is all my fault.” said Twilight as tears began to well up in her eyes.

“It's fine Twi, we couldn't have predicted this.”

“She's right darling.”

“....Thank you girls...”

Meanwhile...

A certain cloaked unicorn sneaked into a dark alley in Manehatten. She tapped her hoof on a door.

A pony came up to the door.

“Password?”

“Swordfish.”

The door opened. The unicorn took her cloak off and showed her face.

“Well done Lyra, you have the diamond?”

“You bet Octavia.”

Lyra Heartstrings walked in and put the diamond on a table.

“And we stole it from the Rainbooms!”

“Excellent.”

“Well done Lyra.” said Bon Bon the earth pony as she walked up to Lyra.

“Hooray! Go Lyra!” exclaimed a gray pegasus mare.

“Thanks Derpy.”

“Vinyl will be joining us shortly after the party is done. She still has to keep the illusion of her being a DJ at that stupid rave party. Good job out there.” said Octavia Melody.

“No problem, I am a Feather Blade thief aren't I?”

“We all are. Our team of five will be the greatest thieves ever. Not even the Rainbooms can beat us.” remarked Octavia with a confident smirk on her face.

The four ponies in the room then raised their hooves together.

“We are the Feather Blades!”

Author's Note:

The fourth heist is done! Though, you kinda can't say this was the fourth because things did not go well...

I love the opening in this chapter. That and finally revealing who the Feather Blades are, which is why I delayed this heist.

Hope you all enjoyed this.

PreviousChapters Next