• Published 7th Feb 2015
  • 4,438 Views, 765 Comments

The Rainboom Thieves - KingJoltik



In an alternate world, the Mane Six are master thieves known as the Rainbooms!

  • ...
17
 765
 4,438

PreviousChapters Next
The Chains (Part 1 of 8)

“Mail Call!” yelled Derpy Hooves as she put some mail in a pony's mailbox. Derpy Hooves then flapped her wings and flew off to the next mailbox. The pony who owned the mailbox walked out and checked the it. There, she looked through the letters and magazines inside, then the pony's jaw dropped as she looked at the newspaper.

“What...what is this?!” she said as dropped the newspaper in shock. She then realized what she had just said out loud outside. She quickly looked around to make sure nopony was around. The pony grabbed the newspaper along with the rest of the mail and rushed into her house. Then a little filly inside her house asked her one thing, “Rarity? What's wrong? Why do you look all panicky-looking?”

Rarity then looked at her sister and said, “Sweetie Belle, it's...um...let's just say something happened and I might have to leave for a while.”

“Again?”

“I'm not sure...Why don't I fix you some breakfast for right now?” said Rarity, trying to hide her panic.

Sweetie Belle's face instantly went from curious to happy, “Okay!”

Rarity then put the mail in her room and closed the door as she then proceeded to the kitchen. The newspaper she had read laid on her table in her room. The newspaper headline read this: 'UNICORN KNOWN AS TWILIGHT SPARKLE ATTACKS PRINCESS CELESTIA! RESULT WAS A TIE?! JUST WHO IS THIS UNICORN?!'

Meanwhile in Manehattan...

Bon Bon had kept following Sunset Shimmer for several days now. As she kept following her, nothing happened. Sunset Shimmer just kept coming to the Feather Blades' band they used as a cover. No matter what happened, the only suspicious thing was that every now and then she went and talked to Trixie. Bon Bon then followed her all the way to Trixie's apartment one day and began listening from the outside. Thankfully, Trixie and Sunset talk very loudly.

“So, have you found out their next move?” asked Sunset.

“No, just as Trixie told you before, Trixie believes that the Rainbooms may finally be done thieving. If anything, they won't be thieving anytime soon now that the Equestrian military is looking for them.” said Trixie in anger filled tone.

“If you keep thinking like that...We'll never catch them!”

Upon hearing this, Bon Bon eyes widened. She sat there for a second while listening to their conversation and thought, 'They're just after the Rainbooms? That's all? I know Lyra told me that Sunset had just recently came to Manehattan...but is she just obsessed like Trixie?'

Bon Bon then started to hear hoofsteps coming to the door. She quickly got up and began to run away, hiding herself as quickly as possible. She then said to herself, “I need to tell this to Octavia as soon as possible...”

Sunset Shimmer on the other hand, then left Trixie's apartment in a fit of anger. Sunset gritted her teeth as she walked down the hallway, away from Trixie's apartment. She kept thinking, 'I can't believe she's the only ally I have for catching those crooks...this is so annoying...okay Sunset...just calm down for a bit...your plan is perfect...all you have to do is wait till the Rainbooms commit a crime...'

Meanwhile in Ponyville...

Rarity sat there at her living room, waiting for two other ponies to come to her house. She had made sure that Sweetie Belle left the house to have fun with her filly friends like Applebloom. Then the door to her house opened.

“Hey Rarity, we're here.” said Applejack as she entered with Fluttershy.

“Hello girls, please sit down.” said Rarity as she pointed at her living room chairs. “I already made some tea.”

The two sat down and then Applejack said, “Alright Rarity, what's this all about?”

“This.” said Rarity as she put the newspaper down on the coffee table in front of them. The two then looked at the headlines and their jaws dropped.

“Oh no...Rarity...is this true?!” asked Fluttershy.

“Yes, darling. I'm sorry to say but...Twilight's in trouble.” said Rarity with her head drooped down.

Applejack looked at Rarity with a face of despair, “Rarity...are we in trouble?”

“No...I don't think so. Remember when I told you Twilight came by my house a few days ago?”

The two then nodded their heads.

“Well...she told me that Princess Celestia for some reason was trying to find her...she believes that the Princess doesn't know she is a Rainboom so we should be okay...but...”

“Twi's in trouble, right?” said Applejack as she pulled her hat over her eyes.

“Yes.”

“Um...what do we do?” asked Fluttershy meekly.

“Good question sugarcube...”

Rarity then looked at both of them and then said, “We all know what we have to do...we have to go to Canterlot and help Twilight.”

The other two looked at her and then Applejack said, “I agree Rarity but...what can we do...last I checked, Rainbow, Scootaloo and Pinkie are who knows where on their trip. We're the only ones here, could we really do it?”

Rarity looked at Applejack with a scowl, “Twilight would do that same for us. All the Rainbooms.”

“Yeah...you're right...”

“So...um...once again...what do we do?” asked Fluttershy.

“Do you have your disguise rings?” asked Rarity. The two nodded. “Okay, I've already told my parents I'm going to leave town for a bit...Go back to homes and get ready.”

“Do you have a plan?” asked Applejack.

“Not yet...but I do know one thing. We won't accomplish anything just staying in Ponyville. I already got some money ready...thankfully Twilight asks us to keep some extra money for emergencies.”

“What are we gonna do first?”

“First, we go to Canterlot and reserve a hotel room. Then...I guess we'll have to wing it.”

“That's are plan?!” said Applejack with a bit of anger.

“I'm not the brains of the team Applejack, Twilight is.” said Rarity with some anger as well. “Do you have a plan?”

“....no. Sorry Rarity...” said Applejack in a depressing tone.

“Alright. I'll be the leader for right now.” said Rarity as she lifted her head up high. “Girls, get your stuff ready and meet me in an hour at the train station. We're going to Canterlot!”

The two then said in unison, “Understood!”

Author's Note:

It begins. Can half the team be enough to help Twilight?

A bit shorter chapter this time but its a setup chapter, remember that. Also, if people are wandering about the whole Sunset Shimmer storyline, well, its going to take a bit till it really gets going. It how this story works is all...

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

PreviousChapters Next