• Published 7th Feb 2015
  • 4,438 Views, 765 Comments

The Rainboom Thieves - KingJoltik



In an alternate world, the Mane Six are master thieves known as the Rainbooms!

  • ...
17
 765
 4,438

PreviousChapters Next
The Change (Part 8 of 15)

One week after the previous incident with Twilight, Celestia, Sunset Shimmer and the others...

“Can I say something in pure blunt honesty to you Cadance?”

“What's that Twily?”

“I wish Celestia would have just gone and killed me...”

“Twily! Don't say that!”

Twilight then gave Cadance a very sarcastic look. “Aw come on Cadance, look at what's happening around me? You know, besides helping you with the wedding.”

“Well...look...um...”

“Nopony wants me here Cadance. Celestia doesn't, the nobles sure don't want me here and that blasted Trixie Lulamoon keeps following me everywhere in anger.”

“She's here because she's Sunset's best friend. Don't mind her.” said Cadance with a calm smile. “Everything will work out, you'll see.”

After the incident of Twilight confessing and agreeing to be Celestia's student, certain things began to leak out to the media. Celestia had to tell the military directly that they would no long hunt the Rainbooms, this in turn meant that she had to reveal Twilight's identity to them. Soon, the media caught wind of this and soon all of Equestria knew who Twilight was. Twilight was glad that the law couldn't do anything to her thanks to Celestia being the head of the law but it was annoying seeing that everypony around her, even the guards, constantly stare at her. Celestia also sent extra guards to Twilight's parents, knowing that the riff raff in Canterlot would not be kind to them. It had been one week now and Twilight was the main planner of Cadance and Shining Armor's wedding. Celestia had allowed her to become this in order to gauge what kind of mind Twilight possessed before beginning the training. Twilight also made sure to keep the Element of Darkness with her at all times, so she made a necklace for it, which she constantly wore.

Meanwhile in Manehattan...

Rarity sat at the meeting table, reading the weekly newspaper. Her eyes continued to move as she scanned the paper more and more. Her eyes then went up as she saw Fluttershy enter the room.

“Hello Rarity, anything interesting happening?”

“No darling...nothing really...”

“Well that's good. The past few days have been quite hectic compared to today.”

“I agree.” said Rarity as she scratched her head. “I still can't believe all this happened to us.”

“Um...what should we do now Rarity, especially since Applejack's no longer here...”

“Well...I'm not sure darling...” said Rarity as she closed the newspaper. “Is Pinkie up?”

“No...still sleeping. That cold she suddenly got has made her really depressed. Thankfully the cold isn't anything major.”

“I see. So Pinkie and Rainbow are still bed ridden...guess its a good time as any to tell you our next move Fluttershy.”

“Oh really, what are we going to do?”

“I'm disbanding the Rainbooms for now Fluttershy. In our current condition, we can't do anything.”

Fluttershy's head lowered a little as she wore a small frown. “I had a felling you were going to say that...”

Rarity gave out a slight huff. “Look Fluttershy...the past few days have been beyond horrible dear, even you know that.”

“I know...”

Rarity looked back at the newspaper and sighed. “First Twilight gives herself to Princess Celestia and Equestria finds out who she really is...then Applejack leaves us and now Pinkie gets sick...we can't win for losing can we Fluttershy?”

“No...no we can't.”

“Well...if there is one good thing from this, its that we don't have to help defend Manehattan from that Smoking Brick character anymore.”

“Oh really? Why?”

“The newspaper say that the police ponies found his body a few days ago but it just got out to the press. Apparently, he was brutally murdered by somepony, perhaps a very distraught minion of his.”

“So, does that mean crime will go down in Manehattan?”

“For now at least...” Rarity then closed and set the newspaper down. “Don't worry Fluttershy, we'll get through this, I just know it.”

“I know...thanks Rarity.” said Fluttershy as two then hugged.

“Don't worry darling...I bet Twilight has a plan, we just have to wait, unlike Applejack.”

“Yeah...I know...do you think we'll ever be the Rainbooms ever again?”

Rarity then scratched her head at Fluttershy's question. “Hmm...I want to say yes darling but...I don't know what the future holds.” Rarity then turned to Twilight's desk with her computer and the six keyhole box. “Besides Fluttershy, I would bet any dress and gem that Twilight will come back for that box. She's been constantly studying it for the past few weeks anyways.”

“True...” Fluttershy then gave a small smile. “Guess we'll just have to wait on Twilight, won't we?”

“Yes darling. Hopefully we'll see her soon.”

Back in Canterlot...

“Okay, let me get this straight...we have a hundred plus nobles and big wigs coming to this wedding Cadance? Don't you have any regular friends?!” ask Twilight with a slightly disgruntled look.

“I'm a princess Twilight, what do you think?”

“I don't know, I used to think you were just a foalsitter. How was I supposed to know you hang out with Canterlot snobs?!”

“They're not snobs Twily! They are the Canterlot elite and unfortunately, they are the only ponies I am allowed to talk too without guard ponies going crazy.”

“They're still snobs.” said Twilight with a slightly coy smile.

“Oh trust me Twily, I know they're snobs.” said Cadance with a face that showed half annoyance, half irritation.

“So you agree.”

“Yes. Now drop that and help me prepare for this wedding. As you know-”

“It has to be perfect, and I need to get myself a dress...I know, I know...” Twilight said as she rubbed her eyes. “Ugh...alright, I'll try to get myself a dress later, alright?”

“Sure...as long as you can get it ready before the wedding.”

“I know. I already got the catering set up and the dress makers should be here soon. I still can't believe you were able to convince them to make a dress for me as well.” Twilight continued to look at the list she had brought with her and thought, 'Hmm...everything looks to be in order...shame that I can't ask Rarity for a dress, I bet she would love to make a wedding dress for Cadance...'

Cadacne noticed Twilight's far off look. “Thinking about you friends Twily?”

“Huh? Um...yeah...”

“You could still go see them Twily. I could convince Celestia to let you leave Canterlot for a day.”

“No...I would just be putting them in danger. Besides, my eye is still reacting, which means something is still coming. I can't risk exposing them to that or Celestia.”

“My aunt won't hurt your friends Twily. You should know that by now.”

“Sorry Cadance.” said Twilight as she put the list away. “The more they stay away from her, the better. Trust me on that one. Besides, if they came, their identities would easily be leaked to the public Cadance. I told you before, they have their own lives and I want them to be able to keep them, pardons or not.”

“Sigh...fine. Let's just hope this being Harmony is warning you about doesn't interfere with my wedding.”

“If it does, I'll be here to prevent it.”

“Oh really Twily? Since when are you a defender?!” said Cadance with a sly look.

“I don't know...ask Celestia, she made me start protecting my friends from her.”

“Twily...” Cadance then glares at Twilight.

“I know, I know.” Twilight then rubbed her eyes. “Let's just concentrate on your wedding, alright?”

“Okay...”

“Are you two talking about me?” asked Celestia as she appeared before the two.

“Hello auntie!” said Cadance with a huge smile. “We're still preparing the wedding!”

“I can see that Cadance.” Celestia then turned to Twilight. “Tell me Twilight Sparkle, is everything in order?”

Twilight glanced at her list. “For the most part, yes...”

“Good...now Twilight-”

Twilight then raised her hoof in front of Celestia. “I know Celestia. I know we need to get along.”

“But it's hard...am I right Twilight Sparkle?”

“Yeah...it is. It was easier when I hated you.”

“Twily!” yelped Cadance.

“It's fine Cadance.” Celestia then showed a small smile. “Listen Twilight, after this wedding is over, we will do the training and then you can leave Canterlot, is that alright?”

“What about me being punished for being a thief?”

“Well...we'll get to that part after the training is done. Deal?”

“Ugh...fine. Deal.”

Meanwhile at the Canterlot train station...

A stallion and two fillies exited a train to Canterlot. The three then stood there, admiring the city.

“We're finally here!” said one little pony.

“Yeah...it looks so...so...noble looking!” said the second little pony.

“That's right, now I have to go to the hotel to confirm our reservation my little princess. You two just sit still until I get back.” said the stallion.

“We will daddy.” said the little filly as her father ran off to the hotel.

“I still can't believe your father let us come with him to the royal wedding Diamond.”

“I know Silver.” said Diamond Tiara as she stopped watching her father Filthy Rich walk to the hotel. “Not only that, I can't believe that what we're searching for ended up in Canterlot.”

“It was that dark magic thing that he sensed a while back, right?” asked Silver Spoon as she adjusted her glasses.

“Yeah...for some reason it went to Canterlot...” said Diamond as she scratched her head. “Figures the dark magic would go to the princesses, huh?”

“Yeah...though I don't think the princesses will get in the way too much.”

“Yeah...” said Diamond as she looked at her best friend with a huge smile. Silver responded with a grin of her own.

Then the two said in unison. “Soon the dark magic will be ours. All is for the king!”

Author's Note:

Another chapter in the same week?! Impossible! Not only that, if everypony out there thought I would let Shining Armor and Cadance's wedding would go without a problem then you have another thing coming.

Also, I am unfortunately going to be going out of town next week so I won't really be around the internet that much, meaning I can't put up any chapters. Sorry folks but I'm going to be gone for a bit but I will be back two weeks from now!

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

PreviousChapters Next