• Published 7th Feb 2015
  • 4,438 Views, 765 Comments

The Rainboom Thieves - KingJoltik



In an alternate world, the Mane Six are master thieves known as the Rainbooms!

  • ...
17
 765
 4,438

PreviousChapters Next
The Golden Goose Bank of Manehatten. (Part 1 of 2)

Three weeks since their last heist...

“Okay girls, I have some good news and some bad news. Which do you want?” asked Twilight while the six sat in their meeting room.

“Go ahead and give us the bad, darling.”

“It's fine, go ahead sugarcube.”

“Okay, the bad news is that I have still not found a good buyer for the Gem of Tiger Eyes, our last heist.”

“Really? Man, those black market ponies are stubborn.” retorted Rainbow Dash.

“I know, however, I also have good news.” Twilight said as she pulled out of her bag, a bunch of maps and multiple disguise rings. “I was able to make us all disguise rings and I have us a new heist.”

“Awesome!” yelled Rainbow Dash in excitement.

“Yay!” cheered Pinkie.

“What's the treasure this time, darling? Perhaps a rare sapphire? Or maybe a bunch of rubies?”

“Nope, it's a bank heist girls.”

“Really? Awesome! I loved our last bank heist!” cheered Rainbow.

“Hold on there partner, I thought the banks of Manehatten weren't run by any criminals?” asked Applejack.

“Yes, you told us that when we moved to Manehatten.” said Fluttershy meekly.

“That was true until recently. Which is why this heist is a bit different from our other bank heist.”

The other five looked confused as Twilight then continued her explanation.

“A little over a month ago, the Reef Mafia run by Wire Reef has been increasing their territories in Manehatten. They recently began blackmailing and illegally buying and selling assets in the Golden Goose Bank of Manehatten. They even got one of their top mafia officers into the bank as its top manager.”

“So you mean, the mafia is trying to own the bank for themselves.”

“Yes, in about three or so months they will probably be able to take it from the owner by force. All they need to do is have their money be half the vault and own most of its stocks. The Reef Mafia has been buying and selling stockbrokers left and right.”

“I don't get it, why is this any different from our last bank heist? The bad guys are in the bank so we take their money. That's all we need to do right?” asked Rainbow, confused.

“Regularly yes, but they don't own the bank yet. Despite the damage they've done, they don't have enough money to get the bank yet. They currently own only a tenth in the bank vault and that's what we are gonna steal.”

“Only a tenth?! Is that even worth it?!” yelled Rainbow.

“It's a little over 50 million bits Rainbow and we need to do it within the week.”

“Why?”

“Because the Mafia officer posing as manager is trying to get the bank a new security system and hire more guards. However, it hasn't been approved, yet.”

“Meaning security is low right now, right darling?”

“Yes. So are you girls in?” asked Twilight as she raised her hoof.

The other five looked at each other and raised their hooves. “We're in.”

“Alright, let's discuss the plan then girls. I've done some recon while using the disguise ring and we do have some problems. I believe the police may think this is our next target.”

“How?”

“I observed Private Detective Trixie, who tried to catch us in our first heist here in Manehatten.”

“Not her again....”

“Indeed, I watched her for a while and the police ponies don't seem to take her too seriously, so we should be okay... Anyway, the plan. Alright, this will be a bit of a different operation. The bank was something I wanted us to go after when we got to Manehatten but the bank was clean then. Security in this bank is very low which is why the Mafia is trying to make its security better in the bank. Right now, they will only be five guards at night and no security cameras.”

“Okay, this sounds too easy..”

“Not exactly, The reason why the bank has low security is because it used almost all its security money in its vault. The vault is very thick, no drill can pierce it and it has anit-magic coated steel, so magic can't break the vault. So in order for this plan to work, you'll have to escort me into the bank so I can hack the computer system for the vault.”

“Wait a minute... you're going to join us for a heist instead of giving us orders? You always give us orders.”

“Yes, it's the only way.”

“Gee, Twilight... Ah don't know pardner...” said Applejack.

“I know what you all are thinking, but I'm more than ready for this.”

The other five looked at each other with concern. They looked back at Twilight and decided to go with it.

“Okay Twilight, I'm in.” said Rainbow.

“Me too.” said Fluttershy.

“Let's do it darling.” said Rarity.

“Yay! Let's do it!” cheered Pinkie.

“Okay, let's do it pardners.” said Applejack.

“I haven't explained how the rest of the heist works yet!” said Twilight while her friends just smiled at her.

Author's Note:

Part 1 done. I wanted to have the six at least do one bank heist. It's a bit more challenging to write.

PreviousChapters Next