• Published 7th Feb 2015
  • 4,427 Views, 765 Comments

The Rainboom Thieves - KingJoltik



In an alternate world, the Mane Six are master thieves known as the Rainbooms!

  • ...
17
 765
 4,427

PreviousChapters Next
Between Lightning and Maud (Part 3 of 5)

Over an hour after Twilight and Pinkie were supposed to meet Sunset Shimmer...

“So...she’s really late Twilight.” said Pinkie with a small frown.

“Dazzling.” said Twilight with a scowl. “Call me Dazzling, Pinkie.”

“Oh right...sorry.”

“It’s fine. That and I agree with you Pinkie.”

“So...what do we do now? Do you think something happened?”

“I’m not sure...I was hoping to ask Sunset Shimmer a little more about the case and why she’s with Trixie Lulamoon...”

Pinkie then gave a sad face, “Well...should we try to find her or do something else?”

“Hmm...” said Twilight as she scratched her chin. “Okay...I think I have an idea of what we should do.”

“Okay, what’s the plan Stan?” said Pinkie as her face began to brighten.

“Let’s start by going to Trixie’s apartment. I suspect Sunset Shimmer will probably be there.”

“Isn’t that dangerous?”

“Yes, but I don’t have a better idea. Besides, I don’t where Sunset is currently staying.”

“Okay!”

Meanwhile in a random abandoned building...

Trixie slowly woke up, her eyes went up and down as she slowly gained consciousness. She then moved her head left and right as she tried to focus her mind. Then she saw a mare as she pressed her face up against Trixie’s face.

“Wakey-wakey!” said the mare. “Looks like you’re finally awake!”

“Who...” said Trixie as head shook back and forth. “Who are you?”

“Ahhh...you’re awake!” said the mare. “I’m Lightning Dust! Remember me Trixie?!”

“Lightning...” said Trixie is she was still groggy. “You mean that pathetic new beat cop?”

POW!

“What did you say?!” said Lightning as she hit Trixie.

After the hit, Trixie fully woke up. She then looked around and saw she was tied up with anti-magic braces on her horn.

“Ah...you’re looking at the braces.” said Lightning with a mischievous grin. “I heard about your encounter with Muggy Snide. Don’t worry, you can’t use magic to get out of this little situation. I’ve put multiple braces so you can’t use magic no matter what.”

Trixie then saw Sunset tied up as well. Sunset sat there completely unconscious, her head dropping down with bruises all over.

“Don’t worry about her.” said Lightning with a huge grin. “I’ll only beat her if you don’t answer my questions.”

Trixie then glared at Lightning. “What do you want with Trixie and Sunset?”

“Well...” said Lightning as sat down on a chair in front of Trixie. “I was hired to get rid of you two. However, you have some information that I need.”

“What do you mean?”

“Listen here Trixie, I want to catch the Rainbooms.”

“Tch...join the club. Why would Trixie ever help scum like you?”

POW!

Lightning hit Trixie again and then said, “I am not scum! Besides, you’re about to die and I, Lightning Dust, the greatest pegasus that has ever lived could easily continue your search for the Rainbooms. I guarantee I would catch them faster than you ever could.”

Trixie then glared at Lightning and said, “Oh yeah? Then why haven’t you caught them yet?”

“I’ve been too busy working for Smoking Brick Trixie. Thanks to him, I’m closer to being the greatest criminal this city has ever seen!”

Trixie immediately realized what she could gain from this situation. She knew Lightning liked to brag and she liked to talk even more. Trixie then gave a small smile and said, “Okay...Trixie understands where you’re coming from.”

“Good.” said Lightning with a grin.

“Tell you what...since Trixie seems to be doomed...why don’t you tell Trixie your great plan as a last request.”

Lightning then scratched her chin. “Well...I guess I could tell you...only if you tell me the information I want after I tell you my plan!”

“Deal.” said Trixie with a straight face.

Meanwhile in another part of Manehattan...

“Okay, this is Trixie’s apartment.” said Twilight as her and Pinkie stood at Trixie’s front door.

“Should we knock?” asked Pinkie.

“I guess so...” said Twilight as she tapped the door only for the door to suddenly swing open. The two then looked inside the apartment and slowly walked in. “Um...sorry for intruding in like this Trixie Lulamoon.” said Twilight as the two began looking around.

“Um...I don’t think she’s here...”

“No kidding. Not only that, this place is a mess.” said Twilight as her eyes scanned the apartment. “There’s no organization or anything...”

Pinkie showed a slight frown. “There sure are a lot of things about the Rainbooms on the walls.” she said as she saw paper after paper with strings attached to it on the walls.

“And I thought I was obsessive...” said Twilight with an irk. “I can’t believe she’s goes to such lengths...”

Twilight then finished examining the room and then gasped. “Pinkie...I have a feeling something is very wrong here...”

“What do you mean?”

“I think...I think Trixie has been kidnapped.”

“Kidnapped?!” yelped Pinkie.

“Yeah...now that I look at the floor...there’s signs of a struggle...”

“Oh no!” yelled Pinkie, “What do we do now?!”

“Calm down Pinkie, I’ll think of something.”

“Who are you two?” said a voice from the hallway outside of the apartment. Twilight and Pinkie then turned around to see a small colt. “Why are you inside Miss Trixie’s apartment?”

“Well...” said Twilight as she tried to form words. “Let’s just say we’re currently looking for her.”

“Oh yeah? Who are you two?”

“I’m Dazzling Bubble and this is Pinkie Pie. Trixie is currently helping us in a police case. Who are you?”

“Me? I’m Rumble, I live in an apartment here in this building.” said
Rumble with a curious face.

“I see...tell me Rumble, has there been anypony suspicious around here lately?”

“No...not that I know of.” said Rumble while he gave a thinking face. “Well...unless you count that weird pegasus that came by a while back...”

“Weird pegasus?” said Twilight as she then began to think, ‘Wait a minute...Trixie told me that Lightning Dust is a pegasus...Don’t tell me...’

“Is something wrong?” asked Rumble with an innocent face.

“There might be Rumble...” said Twilight as she bowed her head. “Thank you for the information Rumble.”

“Oh...okay.”

“You have a plan?” asked Pinkie.

“Yeah...” said Twilight as she looked at Pinkie. “I need you to go back and talk to your sister again. Ask her where exactly she picked up that gold bar and then Lightning Dust showed up. I need the exact location.”

“Okay. What are you going to do?”

“I’m going to find out where Sunset Shimmer is staying in Manehattan. I doubt she was staying with Trixie due to the horrible mess of an apartment she has.”

“Okay!” said Pinkie as she saluted Twilight.

Twilight and Pinkie then left the apartment and split up. As the two went different paths, Twilight could only think one thing, ‘I have a bad feeling about this...I just hope we can save Pinkie’s sister!’

Author's Note:

The situation continues...

I know this chapter is short but...I couldn't find a way to end it on a better note. Don't worry, the next chapter will be a bit better. This arc is a bit different for me in which I had the core idea but executing it was very hard to do. I just hope everypony likes what I have planned for the next arc.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

PreviousChapters Next