• Published 7th Feb 2015
  • 4,438 Views, 765 Comments

The Rainboom Thieves - KingJoltik



In an alternate world, the Mane Six are master thieves known as the Rainbooms!

  • ...
17
 765
 4,438

PreviousChapters Next
The Element of Magic (Part 5 of 5)

“What is this?!” yelled Nightmare Moon as she glared at Twilight. “Is this some kind of trick?!”

“No tricks, Nightmare Moon.” said Twilight. “I’ve been given a power greater than yours!”

“That's impossible! I possess both the Sun and the Moon! Nothing is more powerful than the power I possess!”

“Oh really?!” said Twilight. “Wanna try your luck?”

“Yes! I have dominion over the Sun and the Moon!” screamed Nightmare Moon. “I now possess the power of Equestria’s ruler! How could you possibly be better?!”

“I already beat Celestia before. How could having the moon be any better?”

“Grr...fine. I’ll tear you apart!” yelled Nightmare Moon as she put herself in a battle stance, her horn glowing.

“Bring it!” said Twilight with a grin, readying herself as well. “Harmony will beat the Moon and the Sun!”

The two glared at each other for a few seconds. Then, Nightmare Moon shot a quick beam. Twilight’s horn immediately glowed, stopping the beam and reflecting it back at Nightmare Moon. The beam collided with Nightmare Moon’s left wing.

BLAM!

“Ugh! Not bad!” said Nightmare Moon as she prepared another beam. Nightmare Moon began to run after Twilight, shooting multiple beams.

BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!

Twilight quickly summoned a magic shield, blocking every beam. Nightmare Moon then charged at Twilight, slamming her body into the shield, breaking it.

SMASH!

“Augh! What are you-” said Twilight as Night mare Moon tackled her. Nightmare Moon then hit her with hooves several times.

POW! BAM! POW!

“This ends here, so-called Queen of Harmony!” yelled Nightmare Moon as her horn began to shine like the sun. “DIE!”

Twilight’s eyes began to shine along with her horn. At that moment, a pillar of rainbow-colored light covered both Nightmare Moon and Twilight.

“What...what is...AAAAaaaahhhhh!” yelled Nightmare Moon in pain. Her wings immediately spread to fly away, trying to escape the pillar of light. She then flew out of the pillar and immediately fell to the ground. “Ugh!”

“That power...how...” Nightmare Moon said as she tried to get up. “I…possess the Sun and the Moon…no…”

“Yes.” said Twilight. “This is Harmony.”

“Harmony? Are you saying that power is greater?!”

“Harmony will win this day.” said Twilight as her horn began to glow once more. “This is the path I have been given.”

Twilight’s horn the shot out a rainbow-colored beam that looked as if it consumed Nightmare Moon. The light from it covered her entire body.

“No...NOOOOOOO!!!!!!”

The light soon faded away. There, in the fading light was a dark-colored alicorn, Princess Luna. The darkness had been taken from her. She laid on the ground, unconscious from the battle. Twilight’s body then began to shine. She could feel the power she had just destroyed. She turned to the Tree of Harmony and said. “Thank you! If it weren’t for you, I would be dead right now.”

Her horn then began to glow as the Elements of Harmony flew out of her body. After this, her wings disappeared, and her mane and hair changed back. She then levitated the elements in front of the tree. “Because of the power you gave me Tree of Harmony...you’ve run out of magic...I sense that something in forest will soon attack you so...I’m putting the elements back, but first...I need to make something with this magic...and give her the sun magic back...”

Twilight soon put the elements into the tree and the tree began to shine. Then, a small plant appeared before the tree. The plant opened up and revealed a box with six keyholes. “Interesting...it has six keyholes...I think I’ll take it with me after this...” said Twilight, intrigued.

Soon after Twilight put the elements back in the tree, Celestia woke up. She slowly stumbled up and saw Twilight and Luna. “No way...Luna...”

“That’s right, she’s been turned back to normal.” said Twilight with a grin.

“How did...wait a minute...your eye!” said Celestia in shock. “Your left eye...looks like your cutie mark!”

“Hmm? It does?” asked Twilight. “Must be an aftereffect...oh well.”

“So...what did you do?” asked Celestia weakly.

“I beat Nightmare Moon, turned her back to normal, and gave you your sun magic back as well.”

“You did? But why?” asked Celestia, shocked at what she was hearing. “Don’t you hate me?!”

“I do.” said Twilight in a calm tone. “But I learned something from all this. I learned that despite what I wanted...to make my own path...my destiny still happened. So, I’ll give you back your wretched destiny. You, who loves prophecies and fate...I’ll make sure you can never escape from it either.”

“I see...so did you find that path you wanted so badly?! So much, that you put all of Equestria in danger?!” screamed Celestia. “Well, Twilight Sparkle?!”

“Yeah...I did. I’ll accept whatever destiny has in store for me in terms of Harmony. After all, my plan still worked.” said Twilight as pointed to the tree.

“No...You sealed them?!” yelled Celestia in a panic. “NO!”

“Stop whining.” said Twilight in an annoyed tone. “I can’t believe I looked up to such a weak pony. Besides, I talked to the tree…it told me I can use the elements whenever I need to. Equestria is safe. Stop worrying you idiot.”

“But...it is the destiny of the inheritor of Harmony to...no...this can’t be...how did you...” said Celestia as she slumped to the ground in confusion. “Why did you...how did...”

“I accepted my destiny but still want to make my own path. You could never understand that.” said Twilight with a huge smile. “And it’s all thanks to my friends!”

“But...I...I see...” said Celestia in a defeated tone. “So this...this is the inheritor of Harmony...”

“Sorry you’re disappointed. Don’t worry, I will answer to Harmony’s call when I’m needed.” said Twilight in the calmest tone possible. Then she pulled out a small jewel. “Also, I plan ahead Celestia. Do you know what this is?”

“What is...oh no...don’t tell me you?!” asked Celestia as fear flooded her face. “You didn’t...”

“I did. You see...I’m a very smart pony.”

“The jewel...why did you make that jewel?! I demand you tell me why!” yelled Celestia.

“Insurance.”

“Insurance?”

“Yes. You been hunting me like a dog for a long time now, Celestia.”

“I never tried to hunt you down! I only wanted to help you inherit Harmony!”

“Stop lying. I know you wanted to help Equestria but I'll never believe you did it in a nice way.” said Twilight as she levitated the jewel in front of Celestia. The jewel looked like one of the elements, but it was color was pitch black, like darkness itself. “I call it the element of darkness, inside is the darkness that once consumed your sister. I made it specifically so only I could use it.”

“Why would make such a thing?!”

“Simple. It’s to make sure you don’t hunt me anymore.” said Twilight in an angry tone. “I need to make sure you don’t hunt my friends and family down like the destiny-crazed pony you are. So, I made this and when you try to hunt or hurt my friends or my family...”

“I would never do such a thing!” yelled Celestia. “Why do you hate me so much?!”

“It’s because you tried to hunt me down, manipulated my family and destroyed my dream!”

“I didn’t even know you when you started to admire me when you were a filly!”

“I know. And things have changed. I’ve accepted my destiny. I'll let Harmony show me the path I must take.” said Twilight with a small smile. “But I must make sure you don’t try to hurt me ever again. That’s why I made this.”

“I will never hurt you...please...” said Celestia as she bowed in front of Twilight. “Please…stop this.”

“I’m not starting anything. I just made this to make sure you don’t wrap me up in anymore of your disgusting clean up jobs. You see, this jewel could turn your sister back into Nightmare Moon. And I'll turn her back into that monster you created if you come after me, my family or my friends. That’s my insurance.”

“I...I’ll leave you alone Twilight. All you had to do was ask…”

“No...you would have never left me alone.”

“Why do you say that?”

“Because...I hadn’t inherited Harmony yet. At least I have inherited Harmony now, so don't worry so much.....Harmony will figure the rest out for us.”

Twilight put the jewel in her bag and put the six-keyholes box on her back. She then cricked her neck and began to leave the forest. “Goodbye Celestia, if some crisis happens that needs the power of Harmony...don’t call...I’ll handle it myself.”

“Why? Why won't you accept my apology? Why are you so against me?”

“I did accept your apology and I cleaned up your mess. That doesn't mean I'm going to get along with you Celestia.”

Celestia just sat there as Twilight casually left the forest. Twilight pulled a disguise ring out of the bag before reaching Ponyville. Celestia on the other hand, just sat there as her sister slowly woke up.

“Sister...what happened?” asked Luna weakly.

“A lot my little sister...but...I’m glad your back.” said Celestia as she put her wings over Luna.

“Oh sister...I’m so sorry!” cried Luna as tears fell down her face. “I’m so so sorry!”

“Its fine...let’s return to Canterlot.”

“...Okay.”

Celestia and Luna returned to Canterlot. There, Celestia met a panic-filled Sunset Shimmer and a smiling Princess Cadance. Celestia then introduced her sister.

“Princess Celestia! You’re okay!” said Sunset as she bounced up and down. “Thank goodness!”

“I’m fine my student. However, I need some rest...” said Celestia weakly.

“No kidding, you look like you took a beating.” said Cadance bluntly. “Did Twilight do all that to you?”

“No...this was my own doing...” said Celestia. “But...this is far from over...I just hope...that the future of Equestria will be safe...”

Meanwhile in Ponyville...

Twilight returned to Fluttershy’s cottage only to find a crying Fluttershy. After a few hugs, Twilight asked if she could retire for the night. There she went to the bathroom and looked into the mirror. She saw her changed left eye and thought, ‘So...it does look like my cutie mark...must be because I changed into the Queen of Harmony...I did absorb more magic than a regular pony should ever absorb in a pony's lifetime...guess I’ll have to make a special lens for my eye...till then, guess I’ll ask Fluttershy to go buy me an eyepatch to cover it up till I make the lens...’

One month later in Manehatten...

In the Rainboom hideout, there was only one pony there, Twilight. She was sitting there, looking at her computer. She had made her a special lens to cover her eye. Twilight then sat there typing in her computer and rubbing her head with her hoof.

“Sigh...why do I feel like today is going to be a long day...” she said to herself. Twilight then looked at the small table with an object on top by her computer. “And this six keyhole box...I still can’t figure it out.”

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

“Ah, they’re here.” she said as a small smile appeared on her face. “Come on in!”

The door opened and five ponies and a filly entered the hideout.

“Ready for another round girls?” asked Twilight.

Author's Note:

The arc is done! I hope everypony likes this chapter. Some may see Twilight out of character but this is what she wanted, remember that. Since the 'Golden Gem of the Sun' arc till now has basically been my version of the first two episodes of the show. I wanted to do that since I had the train heist idea and even though some things changed along the way like Sunset Shimmer becoming a main character...I'm glad I wrote it. Don't worry everypony, there is a lot more story to tell...just you wait and see!

Hope you enjoyed the arc and the chapter!

PreviousChapters Next