• Published 7th Feb 2015
  • 4,438 Views, 765 Comments

The Rainboom Thieves - KingJoltik



In an alternate world, the Mane Six are master thieves known as the Rainbooms!

  • ...
17
 765
 4,438

PreviousChapters Next
Intermission - How Applejack joined the Rainboom Thieves.

Almost two years ago...

“What do you mean we're almost out of money?!” yelled Applejack.

“Don't yell at me.” replied Granny Smith. “We need to do more orders or things are only going to get worse.”

“Ugh, how did this happen.....We haven't been able to sell as well these last few months...” said Applejack sighing as she slumped down in a chair. “Now, this month, we only have one order....in Baltimare..”

Big Mac walked into the room and spoke up, “Applejack, go make the delivery, we'll be fine here.”

“Did you not hear what we were just arguing about Big Mac?!”

“I did. Now go.”

“I'll be gone for days, it's really far away you know.”

“Just go.”

Applejack sighed and went out to the farm. The next few hours she put the cart together, got some supplies for the next few days and proceeded to the train station. She boarded and days drudged on as she waited on that train. She thought it would never make it to Baltimare. Several days later, it finally arrived.

She looked at the order papers, “Okay, I need to deliver to a pony named River Whack...huh.” she said to herself. She began pushing the cart around Baltimare, looking for the pony's residence. Finally she found it and saw River Whack.

“Are you, uh, Mister River Whack?”

He turned around and said, “Yes I am. Who might you be?”

“I'm Applejack. I'm here to give you yer apples sir.”

“Ah, the request I made a few days ago, oh, I decline.”

“Huh?”

“I no longer need apples, I got some other fruits instead.”

“Say what?!” yelled Applejack.

“Indeed, now take your filthy apples and leave my residence at once.”

Applejack, who was tired and now angry, began to have steam come out of her nostrils. She was already anxious over the financial problems her family was happening. However, after a several day trip to a city, which she already despised cities being the rural loving country mare that she is, her blood began to boil in anger.

“Listen here Whack! I traveled days to get here for this delivery, now either pay me or I will stuff these apples down your throat till you can't see nothing but apples!!!” she yelled.

“Why you little-! Leave now or I will sic the police ponies on you.' threatened Whack.

However, Applejack was not listening, instead she lifted her cart full of apple with her front hooves and threw it at River Whack. “Here! Take your stinking apples!!!!” she yelled.

WHAM!

At that moment, Applejack realized what she had done and immediately ran away. She fled down several alleyways as police ponies began searching for her after they saw what she had done to River Whack.

“Ah shoot, now I'm in big trouble now aren't I....” she said to herself.

“Yes you are.” said a mare's voice.

“Who's there?”

“Somepony who could use a strong pony like you. Especially after I saw you lift that fully filled cart of apples with ease.” said a purple unicorn that came through the alleyway. “The police ponies will keep looking for you the more you hide.”

“Yeah, but...I ain't got any money left, not even for the train. I was supposed to get some for my delivery.”

“Yes, well I can help you in that department.”

“Who are you?”

“Me? I am Twilight Sparkle and I can get you all the money you could ever want.”

“How much Miss Twilight?”

“My current plan will get 5 million bits, you'll be splitting it with five others including myself.”

“5 million?!” gasped Applejack, she couldn't believe her ears.

“You'll be getting a little over 8 hundred-thousand bits. Sound good?”

Applejack sat there for a second as she heard yelling police ponies in the distance. “How do I know I can trust you?”

“I guess you can't, at least not right now. It's your choice.”

“.....”

“Sometimes it takes a leap of faith.”

“...Yer right. Okay Miss Twilight, I'm Applejack. What's yer plan to get that insane amount of bits?”

“Follow me and everything will be revealed.”

Twilight put her hoof out and Applejack hoofshaked it in agreement. At that moment, Applejack, without knowing it, had joined the Rainboom thieves.

Author's Note:

A little side story I'll be doing every now and then. I'm going to show how this team slowly got together in this world.

PreviousChapters Next