• Published 7th Feb 2015
  • 4,438 Views, 765 Comments

The Rainboom Thieves - KingJoltik



In an alternate world, the Mane Six are master thieves known as the Rainbooms!

  • ...
17
 765
 4,438

PreviousChapters Next
The Chains (Part 8 of 8)

“You can’t be serious!” yelled Celestia’s chancellor. “You can’t just leave your country for a few days! Especially after what happened a few days ago!”

“Be silent chancellor.” said Celestia in an anger filled tone.

“But your highness-”

“No! I told you to be silent or I will have removed from my throne room!” said Celestia as she glared at him. “Now, I know you are concerned about the condition of the kingdom and how ponies view me due to my fight with Twilight Sparkle...however, that doesn’t excuse what I must do!”

The chancellor started to talk again but seeing Celestia’s anger filled face, he quickly shut up.

“Now, I must leave to the Tree of Harmony in a few days. Equestria is in danger chancellor, from a threat that cannot be stopped by regular means. Because of this, I must leave and see if there is another solution without involving Twilight Sparkle.”

The chancellor slumped his head from hearing these words. Celestia then spoke up, “Chancellor, I will sign the most important documents before leaving. You may put together the most important documents before I leave, but I am leaving chancellor.”

“I...I understand your highness...”

The chancellor ran out of the room, trying to get as many documents as possible. While he ran, Sunset Shimmer then entered the throne room.

“Ah, Sunset…did you find an answer?” asked Celestia with a smile.

“Um…yes.” said Sunset slowly.

“You want to continue the Sun Princess Training, don’t you?”

“How…how did you know?” said Sunset with a surprised look.

“I’ve known you for a long time Sunset…you are my student, are you not?”

“Yes…um…I have a request to make though…”

“You want to return to Manehattan, don’t you?”

“Um…are you reading my mind right now, princess?” asked Sunset with an even more shocked face.

“No…I just knew you would say that.” said Celestia as her smile got bigger. “It’s a good thing that part of the training requires you to leave Canterlot as well.”

“It does?”

“Yes. The Princess of the Sun is required to see all of Equestria before becoming the princess.”

“All of it?”

“Yes. However, I’ll make an exception with this. You may just go to Manehattan to help whatever friend you have made there. You must bring Spike with you though.”

“To send reports?”

“Yes.”

“I see…” said Sunset as she bowed her head. “Thank you!”

“Of course.”

Meanwhile in Manehattan…

“I’ve never seen you cry so much Twi…” said Applejack while eating an apple.

“Yeah…sorry…” said Twilight as she rubbed her eyes.

“Don’t say you’re sorry Twi, it’s good to cry.” said Applejack as she put her hoof on Twilight. “It’ll all be okay.”

“Thanks…”

Twilight then left Applejack and went to her room. Before she knew it, Twilight had fallen asleep. However, the other three ponies met in the Rainbooms’ meeting room. The three sat there, all ready to speak up.

“Okay y’all, somepony’s go to say something.” said Applejack.

“You just did darling.” said Rarity.

“I know…I just want somepony to say something!”

“Well, if you’re asking my opinion darling, I’m not really sure what to say about this whole situation.”

“It’s just…it’s just I can’t believe what Twi told us Rarity!” said Applejack with a hint of anger. “I mean…Princess Celestia wants Twilight to inherit some ancient mumbo jumbo to save her sister?”

“Please don’t raise your voice Applejack.” said Rarity with a glare.

“Sorry. I know I sound like I’m whining but…it just sounds like a basket full of rotten apples is all.”

“I know. It sounds absolutely ridiculous to me as well but that’s what Twilight told us dear.” said Rarity as she began to drink so tea. “We must accept this and move on Applejack.”

“Even if we accept that Rarity, what do we do?”

“I say we wait and hear what Twilight has to say.”

“She already said her opinion on the matter!”

“But she hasn’t told us what she wants to do about any of this Applejack.”

“I agree with Rarity.” said Fluttershy. “Twilight always thinks ahead Applejack. It’s the fact that her dreams and family are involved in this is why she doesn’t have an answer yet.”

“You’re right…I’m sorry everypony…”

Fluttershy then went over and patted Applejack on the back, “There there…it’ll all work out Applejack, you’ll see.”

“Thanks Fluttershy.”

A few hours later…

Twilight walked into the room to find a bored Applejack and Rarity making a dress while using Fluttershy as a model.

“Fluttershy…please don’t move…I’m…just about done…” said Rarity as she twirled her sewing needles with magic.

“Hey…Sorry I fell asleep everypony…” said Twilight as she entered the room.

“Ah Twilight…don’t worry about it darling.”

“Thanks…” said Twilight as she rubbed her eyes. “Girls…I would like to ask you all a big favor…”

“A favor?” asked Applejack.

“Yeah…I don’t know what to do girls…I’m still not sure what to do about all this…”

“That’s fully understandable darling. I wouldn’t know either.”

“I was going to ask…after a few days you all are going back to Ponyville…” said Twilight with hesitation. “I was wondering…um…if I could come with you all…”

“You want to stay in Ponyville?” asked Applejack.

“Yeah…I want to just…you know…I need some time to get my mind off all of this…”

“Let me guess darling…if you stay here, all you’ll do is research the Elements of Harmony?” said Rarity with an eyebrow raised.

“Yeah…” said Twilight as she rubbed her hoof on the back of her head. “I need a break from research…”

The three other ponies looked at each other and then said, “It’s no problem Twilight.”

“Yeah sugarcube, we don’t mind you coming to Ponyville.”

“Indeed…but where will you stay?” asked Rarity.

“Oh…um…she can stay with me…if that’s okay.” said Fluttershy. “I have a spare room at my house…”

Twilight then shined a small smile, “Thank you Fluttershy.”

A few days later, Celestia returned to Canterlot. There, her adviser then asked her one simple question.

“Your highness…did you find another solution?”

Celestia then sighed and said, “No…I did not…”

“Oh dear…”

“Yes. It seems only Twilight Sparkle can inherit the elements now. I tried to use them but…there was no response…my connection to them is truly gone…”

“So…do we keep searching for Twilight Sparkle?”

“No…while I was there…well…let’s just say the trip wasn’t a total waste of time.”

“Really? What do you mean?”

“According to what I found…even if I don’t train Twilight Sparkle in the ways myself and my sister were taught long ago, the elements will still connect to Twilight.”

“So you mean…”

“Yes…despite how much she hates it…it seems the elements want to be with Twilight Sparkle.”

“I have one more question your highness…”

“When will the elements go to Twilight Sparkle?”

“Yes.” said the adviser, nodding.

“That’s just it…I don’t know…and I think I can’t influence when it happens…”

“So…it could happen before or after Nightmare Moon comes and we won’t be able to even predict it?”

“Yes.” said Celestia as her head lowered in sadness. She then said, “It seems that no matter what happens…the very chains of fate have decided that Twilight will be the inheritor of Harmony.”

Author's Note:

The arc has now ended! Originally, the arc was supposed to be longer but in the end...it was 8 parts...

SORRY!

It was supposed to be longer and Sunset Shimmer was supposed to leave the story for a very long while at the end of this arc. However, my mind gave me some new ideas for the next arc. Because of this, Sunset Shimmer will be part of the story a bit more...

Hope you enjoyed the chapter and the arc!!!

Note: There's a good chance I won't be able to write for a few days. I will get back as soon as possible! I promise!

PreviousChapters Next