• Published 7th Feb 2015
  • 4,441 Views, 765 Comments

The Rainboom Thieves - KingJoltik



In an alternate world, the Mane Six are master thieves known as the Rainbooms!

  • ...
17
 765
 4,441

PreviousChapters Next
The Chains (Part 3 of 8)

“Okay Rarity, any ideas?” asked Applejack as the three entered their hotel room. They had put on their disguise rings before buying the hotel room to make sure their identities were safe.

“Applejack dear, I’m still thinking.” said Rarity in an annoyed tone. “Please be a little patient, I’m not Twilight.”

“Please apologize to Rarity, Applejack!” said Fluttershy in a demanding tone.

“Calm down Fluttershy,” responded Applejack, “I’m sorry Rarity, I’m just a little on edge...”

“We all are darling,” said Rarity in a comforting tone, “Don’t worry so much, we’ll figure something out.”

The three put their bags down and sat down in the hotel room. They all sat and looked at each other for a little while. Then Rarity spoke up, “Alright you two, I have an idea on where to start in this whole situation.”

“Just a start?” asked Applejack with mild skepticism.

“Yes, it’s just a start but do you have any ideas Applejack?”

“...No.”

“Don’t get angry Applejack.” said Rarity in a softer tone, “Now, here’s my idea.”

Rarity pulled out a map of Canterlot she had got from the hotel lobby. The map was crude but it was enough for her plan. Rarity then spoke up, “Alright girls, we’re going to start by splitting up.”

“Splitting up?”

“Yes, all three of us are going to different places in Canterlot. In order to find Twilight, we’ll need to look into everyplace they could have her. Applejack, I want you to go to the scene where Twilight and Celestia fought. According to the newspaper I read on the way here, they are trying to repair the damage that was done there. I suspect they’ll be plenty of gossiping ponies there, talking about the case. If you listen long enough, you may find out where Twilight is. Fluttershy, you’ll check the two hospitals here in Canterlot. There may be a chance they’re keeping her there due to injuries before moving her somewhere else.”

“What are you going to do Rarity?”

“I’m going to check some other places here in Canterlot...Hopefully, I can find some rumors and gossip over Twilight’s location. Is this a good enough plan for you?” asked Rarity to Applejack.

“Sounds good to me.”

“Good. Okay, we’ll meet up here in two hours and have lunch.” Said Rarity as she pointed to a restaurant on the map. “We’ll discuss what we do next there.”

“That place ain’t one of those fancy food places is it?” asked Applejack with a face filled with fear.

“All restaurants in Canterlot serve what you call ‘fancy food’ Applejack.” said Rarity with a slightly annoyed face.

“Sigh...okay.” said Applejack as her ears and face drooped down.

“Okay girls, let’s go!”

The other two then nodded and said, “Understood!”

Meanwhile in one of the hospitals of Canterlot...

Twilight sat there for several minutes after hearing Celestia’s confession. She then finally spoke up and said, “...I don’t want to sound like some heartless pony...but I don’t have an answer for you.”

“I see.” said Celestia as she got back up with a sad look still on her face.

“Sorry, I need some time to think.”

“I understand. If you don’t mind, I have to leave the hospital to attend certain royal duties.”

“Go ahead.”

“I will return later Twilight Sparkle. I am sorry, but I will need an answer.”

“It’s fine. I understand.” said Twilight as she was starting to get annoyed by how much Celestia was apologizing. ‘In that regard, she’s just like Fluttershy...’ she thought to herself as Celestia left the room. Soon, Twilight’s family reentered the room.

“Are you feeling any better?” asked Twilight Velvet.

“I’m fine.”

“You sure don’t sound like it Twily.” said Shining as he entered with Cadance.

“Nopony asked your opinion Shining.”

“Sorry.”

“Now, me and your mother have been talking Twilight and...” said Night Light with hesitation.

“Let me guess, you want me to tell you everything I’ve done while I’ve been gone all these years.” said Twilight in a dreading tone.

Her parents looked at each other with sad eyes and then said, “No Twilight, we told ourselves that we won’t pry in on whatever happened to you out there.”

Twilight’s eyes widened after hearing this. “Huh? You don’t want to know?”

“No, we’re just glad to see you.” said Night Light.

“Yes, we’re just happy to see our daughter is alive and well.” said Twilight Velvet as she gave a small smile. “Whatever you’ve done or been, we don’t care. All we care about it is the fact we get to see our precious daughter again.”

“Ugh...stop being so sappy.” said Twilight with her tongue sticking out. “Seriously though, why aren’t you asking?”

“Didn’t you hear them Twily? We’re just glad you’re here.”

“Yes.” said Cadance with a smile. “You just being here has made us all happy.”

Twilight laid there on her bed for a while, not moving, not talking, nothing. Minutes upon minutes passed as she laid there. She thought to herself as she laid there, ‘This makes no sense...I thought they hated me...did they...did they really change?’ Then Twilight spoke up, “Okay, I have to ask at least one thing.”

“What is it?”

“What happened?”

“Hmm...what do you mean?”

“What happened? You know, with you two.” asked Twilight as she pointed at her parents. “Didn’t you hate me? Or at least my old dream?”

“We could never hate you Twilight.”

“Oh stop it! I know you hated me and my dream! Just tell me why you’re suddenly okay with me and everything!” yelled Twilight.

Night Light lowered his head and said, “Twilight, we never hated you. We never hated your dream either.”

“Stop lying! Just...just stop...”

“We’re telling you that we never hated your dream. It’s just...we hated what it was doing to you...”

“What is was doing to me?”

“That dream...it made you become something else.”

Twilight then gave a confused look, “What do you mean?”

“After you started to pursue the dream of joining that school...you...you became obsessed. You went so far that it started to affect your health.”

“So? Are you saying I’m not allowed to pursue something even if sometimes hurts you?”

“Well...no...”

“Then what’s the problem? I believe that if you want to accomplish something, you have to do whatever it takes.” said Twilight as her tone became more and more angry.

“No...we stopped you because if you hadn’t stopped pursing that dream...your life would have been in danger.”

Twilight paused for a long while, she laid there as she thought about what her parents just said. Then she said, “In danger huh? Yeah, I will admit that I did go overboard at the time...but that didn’t matter to me...good thing that’s no longer my dream.”

“Twilight...” said Night Light right when a guard entered the room. The guard spoke up and said, “I’m sorry to intrude but...”

“What is it?” asked Cadance.

“There is a certain unicorn that insists that she see Twilight Sparkle your highness. She says she’s Twilight Sparkle’s friend.”

“Her friend?” asked Cadance. “What’s her name?”

“Luminous Pearl.”

Twilight’s eyebrows went up and then down, “Send her in.”

“I don’t take orders from you!” yelled the guard, “You little-“

“SOLIDER!” screamed Shining Armor. “THIS IS MY SISTER! SHOW HER SOME RESPECT!”

“But captain sir...she attacked-” said guard as he stepped back from Shining.

“SOLIDER! YOU TREAT HER WITH RESPECT OR I WILL HAVE YOU TAKEN FROM THE GUARD IMMEDIATELY!”

“SIR, YES SIR! I’M SORRY!”

“Good...bring her in.” said Shining Armor with a scowl. “And solider...”

“Yes sir?” said the guard while his legs were shaking in fear.

“Do that again and I’ll make sure you’ll be stuck cleaning toilets for the rest of your life.”

“Sir, yes sir!” said the guard, saluting. He then left and opened the door for the unicorn.

“I love it when you do that.” said Cadance as she kissed Shining Armor on the cheek.

The unicorn then walked into the room. She turned her head to Twilight and said, “It’s good to see you again darling.”

Author's Note:

It continues...Now, how will Rarity and the others get Twilight out of this one? Or does Twilight want to get out of this situation?

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

PreviousChapters Next