• Published 7th Feb 2015
  • 4,438 Views, 765 Comments

The Rainboom Thieves - KingJoltik



In an alternate world, the Mane Six are master thieves known as the Rainbooms!

  • ...
17
 765
 4,438

PreviousChapters Next
The Trick (Part 3 of 4)

“Okay Sunset...think...” Sunset Shimmer said to herself, “The ponies you were following just vanished...I went down both sides of the alleyway and they didn't go either way...so...what do I do...they couldn't have just up and vanished...what happened?”

Sunset then thought up a plan, 'I don't have a choice...' she thought as she looked at both ends of the alleyway. 'I guess...I guess I'll just wait at one of the ends of this alleyway...if I make sure I'm not seen...then maybe Lyra or one of the others will appear again.' she thought as Sunset then went to end of the alleyway and began to look for a place to hide and view the alleyway.

Meanwhile in Ponyville...

Applejack and Rarity had joined the other Rainbooms at Fluttershy's cottage. The seven began celebrating and talking like old times. They were all just happy to see each other again. Then Twilight spoke up about Scootaloo's cutie mark.

“So, let me get this straight Scootaloo...” said Twilight as she rubbed her eyes. “You got your cutie mark, a wing with rainbow-colored feathers with a lightning bolt behind the wing...in a western town called Appleloosa?”

“Yeah!” said Scootaloo with a huge smile, “It appeared after I began to fly for the first time ever!”

“That's where my cousin Braeburn lives...” said Applejack.

“Yeah...we found him to be a little...” said Rainbow with an annoyed look.

“Over-excited?” asked Applejack in response.

“Yeah...”

“That's not the issue here!” said Twilight in anger, “This is about Scootaloo!”

“Sorry.” said Applejack and Rainbow in unison.

“Okay...let me get this right Scootaloo...” said Twilight as she began her thought again, “When you went to Appleloosa...a bunch of buffalo were having some feud with the town and Rainbow got into a fight with them?”

“Uh-huh.” said Scootaloo while nodding up and down.

“And why did Rainbow get into a fight?” said Twilight with some skepticism in her voice.

“Uh...well...” said Rainbow as she began to blush. “I...uh...”

“They started to fight because Rainbow drank too much cider and started yelling at the buffalo!” interjected Pinkie with a fearless smile.

Almost everypony there then facehoofed. Twilight then said, “Oh, you have got to be kidding...”

“Nope!”

“Pinkie! Shut up!” yelled Rainbow.

“But sis...that's what happened.”

“I know! That doesn't mean it wasn't embarrassing!” said Rainbow in a panic.

“Okay...let's put Rainbow's stupidity aside.” said Twilight in calm tone, “and talk about what happened next...”

“Stupidity?!”

“Yes Rainbow Dash. Now...you said the one buffalo was about to ram Rainbow...”

“Yeah! Then I...I don't know...” said Scootaloo with a huge grin, “It felt like...something just possessed my wings at the time. Before I knew it, I flew over a whole crowd of ponies...and...and...”

“She pushed me out of the way at the last second!” yelled Rainbow, “It was so awesome!”

“Then...the cutie mark appeared?”

“Yeah!”

“Hmm...well, at least it was nice little story darling.” said Rarity, “What happened next?”

“Oh...uh...we had Rainbow apologize to the buffalo.” said Scootaloo in the calmest tone possible. “She was really embarrassed.”

“I WAS NOT EMBARRASSED!”

Meanwhile in Manehattan...

Sunset Shimmer lied there waiting. She had been watching that alleyway for a long time now. Then she saw something that made her eyes widen and her jaw drop. She saw a cloaked pony appear in the middle of the alleyway as if they walked through a wall.

'Who is that?' she thought. 'Did that pony just...go through a wall...no...a hidden entrance in the alleyway! Whoever that pony is, the must have used magic for the hidden entrance! No regular pony would notice anything if that's the case...'

Sunset then noticed the cloaked pony turn and began to walk out of the alleyway on the opposite side of where Sunset was hiding. 'Uh-oh. Looks like the cloaked one is leaving...guess I better start following her...'

Sunset got up and began to follow the cloaked pony. The cloaked pony turned a corner as soon as leaving the alleyway and Sunset followed immediately. Sunset ran down the alleyway and stuck her head out at the end of the alleyway. There, she saw the cloaked pony was slowly walking down the street. Sunset looked up and saw that the Celestia had just set the sun. 'Ugh...now its nighttime...that cloaked pony must have been waiting for this...' thought Sunset. She then slowly left the alleyway, making sure that the pony didn't see her. 'This isn't going to be easy...'

The next hour or so was a slow game of cat and mouse. The cloaked pony went down street after street, and Sunset kept following. Sweat began to flow down her head as she ducked through every corner, trying to make sure she wouldn't be found. She kept looking at the cloaked pony and thought, 'Is that...is that cloaked pony really...one of the musicians? What do I do...what can I do...this isn't good...'

Then, the cloaked pony cut a corner and darted down a nearby alleyway. Sunset quickly followed and then slowly looked down the alleyway. Her eyes widened again as she found that nopony was there. The difference this time was that the alleyway was a dead end. No doors, no other side, nothing. Sunset sat there for a second and thought, 'What? But...I'm sure I saw the pony go this way...' Sunset looked around and saw there were no other alleyways around. 'No...there's nowhere the pony could go...so did the pony use magic again?'

Sunset then walked down the empty alleyway. She scanned the area, trying to find traces of magic or anything at all. Then as she walked to the dead end part of the alleyway, she heard a voice.

“Don't move.” said a voice.

Sunset then turned around and then saw several cloaked ponies.

“I told you not to move!” yelled one of the cloaked ponies.

“Who are you ponies?” said Sunset as voice began to tremble. Sunset then began to count the cloaked ponies and saw that there were only three.

“You've got guts, I'll give you that.” said the pony in the middle. “However, you're not good at hiding Sunset Shimmer.”

“What do you mean?”

“We knew you were following us from the very beginning.” said the middle pony as she took her hood off of her cloak. “That's not a bad thing though.”

“Octavia?” said Sunset as her legs began to shake.

“Greetings Sunset Shimmer, I am the leader of the Feather Blades, Octavia Melody.”

Author's Note:

Okay, if anypony is wondering, the story with Scootaloo and others has a purpose. It just hasn't happened yet. The whole Appleloosa story was originally an intermission chapter but I unfortunately couldn't figure out how to write the whole story. I had the beginning and ending but the middle was...muddled at best.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

PreviousChapters Next