• Published 7th Feb 2015
  • 4,445 Views, 765 Comments

The Rainboom Thieves - KingJoltik



In an alternate world, the Mane Six are master thieves known as the Rainbooms!

  • ...
17
 765
 4,445

PreviousChapters Next
The Crystal of the Dawn (Part 1 of 4)

One week later...

“I'm back!” said Twilight as she entered the Rainboom hideout.

“Welcome back!” yelled the others.

“How did it go sugarcube?” “Did you have fun?” “You were gone a whole week!” “Indeed darling.”

“All of you need to calm down.” said Twilight with a straight face. “I'm fine. I was only gone for a week girls.”

After a few minutes of talking and hugging, the ponies sat down in the meeting room. Twilight then spoke up, “Sorry I was gone for a whole week girls.”

“It's fine Twi.” said Applejack with a huge smile. “Did ya finally get along with your family?”

“I did. I even stayed in my old room. I think it got a bit smaller compared to the last time I was there...or I got a bit bigger...” said Twilight with a small grin as tears dropped from her eyes. “My family accepted me back...even though I didn't deserve it...they still did.”

“Family will always have your back Twi.” said Applejack as she patted Twilight on the back.

“I know...I get that now Applejack.” said Twilight as tears went down her face. “Now...I'm sorry I was gone so long but...I'm back.”

“It's cool Twilight.” said Rainbow. “I'm just glad your here so we can do another heist!”

“That's the thing. This next heist...well...um...”

Rainbow then gave a panicked face, “Don't tell me we're not going to do the heist?! I can't wait more than two more weeks!”

“No Rainbow. We're going to do the heist Rainbow.” said Twilight in a calm tone. “What I'm saying is...I think...I think that this heist might be our last heist as the Rainbooms.”

The other ponies gasped. “WHAT?!” yelled Rainbow. “ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!”

“Rainbow...um...”

“Are you sure darling?”

“Uh...are you okay pardner?”

“ENOUGH!” yelled Twilight, as her horn began to glow, “Calm down everypony!”

The others soon fell silent as Twilight then spoke up, “Girls...I'm sorry. Just...just let me explain...”

“Go ahead, we're listening sugarcube.” said Applejack as she signaled the others to calm down.

“Well...a lot of things happened while I was gone girls...for starters, I had a meeting with Princess Luna.”

“You mean that pony you said used to be Nightmare Moon?”

“Yes.” said Twilight as she rubbed her eyes. She bent back in her chair, hesitating to explain the next part. “Anyways...ugh...how do I explain this? Okay...first, let me show you this girls...”

Twilight's horn began to glow and her magic levitated the lens off her eye. The others looked at her eye as it began to glow.

“Uh...Twi...you do know yer eye's glowing, right?”

“Yeah...that's pretty creepy Twilight.” said Rainbow as her face showed a hint of fear.

“Yeah...I know it's glowing...” said Twilight as she put the lens back on her eye. “It's not just glowing girls...I feel it in my head as well. Harmony...Harmony is calling me girls...”

A few days ago...

“Good morning Twilight! Do you want some breakfast?” said Twilight Velvet as she saw her daughter came downstairs.

“Um...sure mom.” said Twilight as she scratched the back of her head. “Wow...this is so weird...”

“What's weird about a mother wanting to fix her daughter some breakfast?”

“I don’t know...I guess I thought you and dad wouldn't want me to stay here at the house...”

“Oh Twilight...” said Twilight Velvet as she went to Twilight and put her hoof on Twilight's face, “We would never reject you from our house. This is your home Twilight. You'll always be welcome here no matter what happens.”

Small tears began to form in Twilight's eyes. “Thanks mom...thanks.”

“Now...what would you like for breakfast?”

“Well, how about...” said Twilight until suddenly, as if bullet slammed into her face, pain struck her head. She felt it in her left eye. “AAAAAAaaaaahhhhhh!!!” she yelled as Twilight put her hoof over her left eye and fell to the floor.

“AAAAAAaaaaahhhhhh! It burns!”

“Twilight?! What's wrong?!”

“Harmony...Harmony...Harmony...”

“Harmony?!”

“My eye...” said Twilight as she pulled her lens off her eye. Twilight Velvet gasped after seeing Twilight's eye. “Twilight...your eye...it looks like your cutie mark! How is that possible?!”

“Harmony...” said Twilight as the pain began to slow down.

“What does Harmony have to do with your eye?”

“It's...it's...it's a warning...”

“A warning?”

“Something's coming...something bad...”

The Present...

The others watched Twilight as her face showed more and more sadness. “Twi...are you okay? You know we're always there to help you.”

“I know Applejack...I know...I just...”

“Why is Harmony is calling you, darling?” asked Rarity. “Is it bad?”

“I think Harmony is telling me that...something is coming...something bad.”

“You mean something like Nightmare Moon?”

“I don't know...” said Twilight as she slumped more and more into her chair, “But there's a high possibility it could be something like that.”

“So...if this is are last heist...what are you going to do afterwords Twi?”

“I was thinking...I was thinking of turning myself over to Celestia.”

The others gasped at the response immediately. “Why would you do that Twi?” “Yeah! Didn't she like, send her army after you?” “Indeed, we're thieves darling! That sounds like a horrible idea!”

“I KNOW!” yelled Twilight as the others stopped talking. “I know...I just...I'm going to Celestia and use the Element of Darkness to get the Rainboom Thieves pardons. Don't worry, I won't tell her your names. Thankfully, I was never able to sell the Golden Gem of the Sun on the market. Apparently the buyers were scared of owning it since the military are still trying to find the gem. I could also give that back as well...”

“Why does this sound like your giving up Twilight?” asked Rainbow as she flew closer to Twilight's face. “This doesn't sound like the pony that convinced me to join the Rainbooms!”

“I...look Rainbow...you know what my fillyhood dream was right?”

“Yeah...You wanted to be Celestia's student, right? Then you couldn't and you ran away.”

“Well...I know that I hate the fact that I was denied my dream. However, I have been told that I was destined to be Celestia's student. I don't really have a choice here...” said Twilight as she pointed to her eye. “If I am bound to Harmony...then I need to trained in the art of controlling such a power. Celestia is the last pony who used such a power and she used it for centuries. I hate to say it...but I don't have a choice Rainbow...”

“But...didn't you say she was bad news Twilight?!”

“I did...and I still think that Rainbow...but I've seen what kind of beings Harmony will want me to fight...I don't have a choice. Look...my eye...no...Harmony is telling me something is coming and...I need to be prepared to face it. Don't worry so much, after I learn how to use Harmony I'll make sure to go down my own path again.”

“...Ugh...alright Twililght. I understand.” said Rainbow as she sat back down in her chair. “So...what is our last heist?”

“A jewel that's worth 35 million bits.”

“Not a bad amount...what's it called?”

“The Crystal of the Dawn. It'll be in Manehattan two weeks from now.”

“Two weeks? Is the owner some moving corrupt noble?”

“Yeah. Let me explain the jewel first. Apparently, this jewel is part of a set. Three jewels in particular. They're called the Unknown Gems of the North, they were found several centuries ago yet nopony knows where the gems were made. It is believed these jewels hold certain amounts of magic power though nopony knows how to activate the magic power inside. The three jewels are the Crystal of the Dawn, the Ruby of the Inferno and the Stone of the Clouds. Now, very recently the Ruby of the Inferno was stolen here in Manehattan.”

“But we didn't steal it.” said Rainbow. “Are you saying there are some other thieves in Manehattan right now?”

“No...I believe the thieves are Smoking Brick's men. The ruby was in one of the museums here, and it was run by a respectable pony. No criminal records or corruption, yet he was robbed. Sad really...”

“If that's the case, what about the other jewel darling, the Stone of Clouds?”

“I looked into that before I left for Canterlot and...hate to say it but nopony knows where it is. I checked with the black market and some of our contacts and...nothing. Nopony has seen it for a while now...”

“I see...and what about the pony we're stealing from?”

“A corrupt Baltimare noble. Apparently, this noble likes to buy and sell jewels to the highest buyers. The noble especially seems to like to negotiate with criminals and does underground auctions. He'll arrive here in two weeks, then a week later he'll start an underground auction. We're going to steal the jewel before the auction.”

“So...we'll take the jewel beforehand, huh? Sounds awesome!” said Rainbow with a huge grin.

“So girls, are you ready for one last heist?” said Twilight with a giant smile.

“YEAH! We are the Rainbooms!”

Author's Note:

I'M BACK!!! I LIVE!!!

My crazy life has finally settled down for a bit and now I can start really writing again! I hope everypony will like this arc and it will be a huge game changer. I thought up this arc and especially its ending a long time ago. I really hope everypony will really enjoy where I take the story from here. I also plan to fix up some of the earlier parts of the story as well.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

PreviousChapters Next