• Published 2nd Feb 2015
  • 9,647 Views, 774 Comments

Warframe: Equestria - Urimas Ebonheart



Karn, is one of the oldest Tenno to still live. But is betrayed by one of the newer Tenno, Greavus. His ship was damaged during his chase for Greavus, but ended up crash landing on Equestria.

  • ...
35
 774
 9,647

Chapter 7: To be a Tenno

Warframe: Equestria
Chapter 7: To be a Tenno

POV: Celestia / Location: Equus - Canterlot Castle

I yawn as I slowly open my eyes, I groan as usual as I have to get up from the comfort of my bed to raise the sun. Once presentable, I head out to the balcony between our rooms where Luna and I perform our duties.

I greet the guards and maids as I walk down the hall and to the balcony. I see Luna already there with a very thoughtful look on her face.

"Lulu? Is something the matter?" I ask her.

"Hmmmm? Oh! Hello, sister. We were just thinking," she replies.

I walk up beside her with a raised brow. "About what?... Lulu, what happened to your throat?" I ask her with concern, seeing the dark purple bruise under her coat.

She sighs and looks down. "We were watching the dream realm as we always have done, but we spotted a strange and unusual dream. Turns out it was our new guest, but when we entered to observe he was just sitting there, almost as if he was asleep while asleep," she tells me.

Luna then takes a deep breath. "We approached him and tapped his shoulder, but the moment we touched him he turned and gripped us by our throat with that strange magic Twilight told us about," she looks at the sky and then looks at me with fear in her eyes. "We have never been so... afraid since before our Nightmare Moon incident."

"Maybe he thought you were an enemy and probably won't remember it when he awakens," I tell her to calm her down.

"That is the thing, sister... He was lucid," she replies.

That... That's not possible! The last pony besides Luna and I that could do that was Starswirl and a few others who barely managed to achieve it. "Are you sure Lulu?" I ask her.

"Yes and he forced us to leave. When we awoke, the bruise from his grip was on our throat," she replies.

Again that was impossible, you can't be harmed physically in a dream, this is the first time ever in our long lifetimes this has happened. If this is one of the beings abilities, I shudder to think what else he... Or others of his kind are fully capable of.

POV: Karn / Location: Equus - Ponyville - Inside the Orbiter

My Somatic Link's pod opens and I wake up from my meditative sleep, that dark blue equine really ruined my mood, so I stopped meditating and did some combat practice until my pod awoke me. I stand up and stretch, all of my Warframes are at full energy.

Ordis gets a few nutrient pills ready which I swallow with some water. They have no taste, but after a few hundred years you get used to them, I also feed Nightshade his morning meal as well.

I bring up my Volt Warframe for it's abilities to increase my speed, its electric shield and two electrical attacks. The first fires a bolt of electricity that can chain to nearby enemies while the other discharges a large electrical pulse destroying anything electronic around me. I'll use this Warframe's speed to explore the forest today.

Once the pod containing my Warframe is up, I sit back down and activate the transference.

The pod opens and I step out and move my Warframe about, it's in perfect condition so I head back to the armoury section of my ship.

I check the foundry to see how the thrusters are coming along, so far they're only three percent completed. It also seems the titan extractors have made a few trips with Ferrite, Rubedo, Gallium, and even to my surprise some Argon Crystals.

"Operator, I must inform you that last night one of the extractors was destroyed by some hostile creature, shall I start fabricating another?" he tells me and then asks.

"Hmmmm, yes make another one and send it out," I reply. "I'll have to go and see if I can recover what's left of the destroyed one, is the beacon still working on it?" I ask.

"Yes, Operator."

"Alright then, patch it through to my minimap and I'll go and retrieve it or destroy it. I can't leave something like that laying around on a low tech planet like this," I tell him.

"Then what about the data pad you gave to the purple equine?" he asks.

"That's just a data pad, not like they can use it to make weapons from it. If they managed to reverse engineer an extractor then they could make flying war-machines from it," I reply.

I walk over to the armoury and equip my Dual Skana

And my Sobek, a twenty shot automatic twin barrelled shotgun.

I also equip my Akmagnus as well, two magnum class pistols with eight shots each, the long barrels have a recoil reducer in them to make the kick almost non-existent.

I then activate my Dethcube Sentinel and set it to standby until I reach the forest.

"Nightshade, stay here and make sure no one other than me enters... Don't kill them, just scare them off, got it?" I tell him.

He barks and sits in the cockpit. "Good boy, I'll see if I can bring back any game for you."

I exit the Orbiter and activate my speed ability and run extremely fast through the streets to the forest, heading towards the beacon of the downed extractor. The equines move out of my way as I rush down the dirt and cobble streets. I pass by the pink haired yellow equine at the edge of town who 'eeps' and hides behind a bush.

I draw my Sobek and run through the forest.

POV: Fluttershy / Location: Equus - Ponyville Outskirts

"Hello, Mrs. Mouse. I've brought that medicine you needed," I say hoofing over a small pouch of powered herbs to a family of sick field mice. I then hear the sounds of static in the air but there isn't a dark cloud in the sky, I turn towards the town and see that a different tall black and red scary creature is running straight towards me!

"EEEP!" I squeak out and dive into a small bush, it stampedes right past me and enters the forest! Oh my, I better tell Twilight!

I fly to Twilight's tree and knock on the door. "Twilight! Are you there?" I ask.

The door opens with Twilight standing there with that strange thing the creature gave her and Rainbow Dash is sitting on the couch with the latest Daring Do book. "Oh, hello, Fluttershy. What brings you here today? I thought our tea time isn't for a few more days," she asks me.

"Oh... I know that, but another one like that scary creature just ran into the Everfree Forest with different weapons," I tell her.

Twilight looks down in thought. "Hmmm, maybe he has more than one suit of armour like on those images he showed us, he could just be exploring and took his weapons to protect himself? Celestia knows he'll need them for what is in there," she replies.

Dash hears us and flies over to the door. "What's going on?" she asks.

"It seems our new friend has decided to check out the Everfree forest with a new suit of armour we haven't seen yet," Twilight tells her.

"On his own?" Dash asks again with a raised brow.

"Oh no, he had that strange floating thing with him as well," I tell her.

Dash frowns. "I er... Just remembered I have to clear the clouds south side of town before noon. I'll erm, be back later for the book, Twi," she says and flies past me before we could reply.

POV: Rainbow Dash / Location: Equus - Everfree Forest

I know the big guy is strong but no one should go into that evil forest on their own! What if he ran into an ursa major? I follow some tracks that look like the same shape as his hooves. I carefully trot through the forest following his hoof steps, being as quiet as possible. I then hear five loud bangs and start flying towards the noise.

I arrive to see the big guy facing off against five manticores. One of them is laying on the floor motionless, but there's something wrong with the manticores. They have these nasty looking orange and blue sores and bubbly growths on them.

The big guy's floating thing starts firing into one of the others making it roar out in anger, I land on a tree branch and watch with awe and worry.

POV: Karn / Location: Equus - Everfree Forest

This cant be happening, why is the technocyte virus here? This is a major problem, how much of it has spread and what has it Infected? I just hope these equines don't have the genome that will make them become infected as well.

I fire three more shots from my Sobek into the face of another one of the beasts and blow its head off. I turn to the third and cast my shock ability at its chest which locks its muscles up, it then drops to the ground motionless. The forth pounces at me, which I retaliate by dropping my Sobek and drawing my Dual Skana. I swing quickly and carve it into several chunks.

I hear a shout and a scream as I turn around and see the cyan equine getting stabbed by the fifth one's stinger as she used herself to shield me, my eyes widen as I knew that she was either poisoned or worse, infected. I use another speed ability then charge at the beast and impale it through its skull with both swords.

I turn back to see her writhing on the floor, gasping for air as the virus slowly starts to take her over. There's only one way to save her, and I don't even know if it will work.

"Ordis! Get to my location NOW!" I order him with urgency.

"Yes, Operator," he replies.

After a minute, Ordis arrives and lands in the small clearing while also crushing a few trees. I quickly bring her inside, I can't risk taking her into town where she could infect the others. Nightshade senses my mood and moves to sit in his incubator area.

I place her down onto the floor and get one of the syringes of the altered technocyte virus I have left. I have twenty vials and without hesitation, I inject her in the neck with one while holding her down. Ever since a cure was found for Alad V, the Tenno have managed to make a serum that can cure it and make the one cured a sub-Tenno with a small amount of void energy. Their life span is increased by one-hundred times and they can control a Warframe, but they lack the power of the void like I do and I do not age any more.

Her eyes open wide and her pupils shrink, small strands of orange start to appear in her magenta eyes and her wound also closes as well. After a minute of thrashing and screaming she calms down and closes her eyes. I wait for five minutes as her breathing stabilises.

"Operator, the serum has successfully adapted to her DNA, the technocyte virus has been neutralised," Ordis informs me.

I look at her sleeping form, what I've just done has both saved and cursed her. She's now stronger and faster than before but she now has a very long lifespan, she'll stay young while her friends and family will fade to time.

I head back outside and digitise one of the corpses and burn the rest. I then walk back into my Orbiter. "Take us back to the town, Ordis," I tell him.

"Yes, Operator."

During the flight, I deposit the corpse into Ordis' hard-drives for analysis and then check over the cyan equine as Ordis disinfects the Orbiter. She's stable and now a Tenno. The serum's nanties also imprinted the Orokin language in her, so at least I can finally talk to her.

The question is, do I train her as a Tenno? Would she even want to be one?

We land back in the centre of town were a few of the equines watch us touch down. The purple one is out there along with the yellow one, I sigh at the thought of trying to tell them what happened, I could always just show the recording of it.

I open the door and lean out. I wave at the two to come in, they look at each other and walk inside. I lead them to the armoury section where their friend is still sleeping.

They gasp and the purple one looks furious as she shouts at me, I hold my hands out and wave them up and down trying to tell her to calm down. She still looks angry but has stopped shouting.

I get my Holo-Disk out and replay the encounter for them, the yellow one looks like she's about to cry seeing the state of the beasts.

POV: Twilight Sparkle / Location: Equus - Ponyville - Inside the Orbiter

This is horrible, the biped is running very fast through the Everfree, just looking around. When suddenly five very sick looking Manticores attack him, which he responds with five blasts from his strange two tubed weapon. The first Manticore has its front left leg blown off as well as half of its skull.

The fight continues as three more are killed. "LOOK OUT!" Dash's voice yells out and is followed by a scream. The biped turns to see Dash with the fifth Manticore's stinger impaled into her side, the biped then impales the Manticore in the head with two long thin swords.

Me and Fluttershy start to tear up as we watch Dash squirming on the floor screaming in pain. The biped speaks out with urgency and his ship arrives, he brings Dash inside and he gets a syringe from the back of his room. I watch as the needle jabs her neck and her eyes change colour as she thrashes and screams even louder as her body grows slightly along with more defined muscles until she calms down.

The images stop and I look at Dash, she looks so peaceful right now.

The biped points at us and then to the floor, I think he wants us to stay here. He then goes further back into his ship and returns after a few minutes in his real body.

POV: Rainbow Dash / Location: Equus - Ponyville - Inside the Orbiter

"Arrgh," I groan as I slowly open my eyes. I try to lift my forelegs up to rub my eyes, but I just don't have the energy to raise them. I try to look around but my head doesn't want to move either. I glance to my left and spot Twilight and Fluttershy looking at me with worry.

"Hey guys, what's going on?" I ask with a scratchy voice to which Twi and Shy look shocked.

"Do you remember what happened to you?" a stallion's voice asks me.

"Errrr..." I reply, but my eyes shoot wide open as the big guy walks into my view. "YOU CAN TALK!?" I shout at him.

"I've always been able to talk, just not your language," he tells me.

"B-But you're speaking Equestrian right now!" I say to him.

"No, I'm not. I am speaking in the Orokin tongue, just like you are right now," he says as he sits down, but he's floating a couple inches off the floor.

"That's impossible! I don't know any other language than Equestrian! You're lying!" I say slightly panicking. "And why can't I move!" I ask and then turn to Twilight. "Twilight! Help me!"

She's just staring at me with her mouth open, Shy is hiding behind Twi with wide eyes looking at me.

I look back to the big guy. "What did you do to me!" I ask him angrily.

"I saved your life, do you remember what happened?" he asks.

I frown. "I remember following your trail into the forest and then... I heard five loud bangs, then... Erm..." My pupils shrink as it all came back to me. "You were fighting five manticores that looked sick, you killed four of them and the last one was about to stab you in the back, and without thinking I flew in the way..." Was I poisoned? But that doesn't explain how I can speak his language.

Then I remembered the pain. "I remember agonising pain, and... It's all just fuzzy from there." I look at him with a scared expression. "What happened to me?"

He sighs. "You were infected by the technocyte virus," he tells me. "It would be easier to show you then tell you."

He helps me up and I wobble on my hooves. I feel different, everything looks clearer, I feel stronger and lighter.

"Are you alright?" Twilight asks me.

"Yeah I'm fine... I think," I reply. She just looks confused like she didn't understand me.

The big guy places that disk thing on the floor and he swipes his hand over a button that says 'Files'... Wait I can read it now?

A new Image I haven't watched before plays.

POV: Karn / Location: Equus - Ponyville - Inside the Orbiter

"These are Corpus and Grineer who have been infected by the technocyte virus, or just a walking mass of mutated flesh that we call ancients," I tell her.

The purple one is watching the recording while giving the odd glance to the cyan one.

"It's a collective mind, it will assimilate your body or technology into its own. It was originally made by the Orokin to fight an enemy called the Sentients, who little is known about. So in all, It's an Orokin made plague that got loose," I finish as the recording stops.

She looks at me with wide eyes. "And I was infected with that!?" she asks with disbelief.

"Yes, you were, but I injected an altered version of the virus into you. It neutralised the one inside you and now, you're just like me... a Tenno."

Again her eyes go wide. "I don't know if I should be happy or angry about that..." she mutters to herself after a few seconds.

"Well, I think introductions are in order, I can't keep referring to you as 'the cyan one' now can I?" I say to her.

"Oh! Erm, my name's Rainbow Dash," she replies with an outstretched foreleg.

I grip it with my right hand and give it a small shake. "And my name is Karn, and my Kurbow's name is Nightshade."

"Will I be able to speak Equestrian still?" she asks me with a slightly worried expression.

"Yes, it will just take a few minutes for you to get used to having another language in your head," I tell her.

"Oh thank Celestia for that!" she says and breaths out a sigh of relief.

"So who are these two?" I ask, noticing Nightshade now sitting next to the yellow one.

"The egghead there is Twilight Sparkle," she says pointing to the purple one. "and she's Fluttershy," she then says pointing to the yellow one.

"Huh, strange names you equines have," I say.

"Equines? Dude, we're ponies," she tells me with a frown.

"Sorry, I did not mean to offend. It's just the closest thing I had at the time," I say to calm her down.

She looks down in thought. "So what happens now?" she asks.

"Now? Now you have to make a choice. You're a Tenno now, that makes you an equivalent of one of your equin... pony guards," I reply, correcting myself. "You also have the ability to control a Warframe now," I tell her.

"A what?" she asks confused.

"A Warframe, it is the armour I use as a Tenno," I reply.

"What if I don't want to be a Tenno," she says.

"I wont force you to be one, I only made you one to save you. If you died, or worse became an Infected, you might have infected the rest of the town. The other 'ponies' would blame me, but all I ask is you think about it, you have the power now to protect others like I do," I tell her. "Would you like me to explain what a Tenno is and what they do?" I ask her.

She frowns in thought. "Fine, but if I don't like what I hear I can just leave right?"

"Yes."

"Alright then."

POV: Rainbow Dash / Location: Equus - Ponyville - Inside the Orbiter

I turn to Twilight and Fluttershy. "Hey guys, can you, erm, wait outside for a few minutes?" I ask them.

They just look at each other with worry filled eyes, arg! I never thought trying to talk to somepony would be so hard! Is this what Karn had to go through since he got here?

I point to them and then point to the door, I then point to myself, then to Karn and then to the ship's floor.

"Erm, you want us to leave the ship while you two stay here?" Twilight asks and I nodded in reply.

"What's going on? Why can you speak his language now!?" she asks with excitement and concern. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm... fine... Twilight... I'll... tell... you... later," I manage to say in Equestrian this time. I can feel it coming back to me in pieces.

"But you were stabbed by a manticore and your eyes have changed colour like his!" she says pointing to Karn.

I look shocked and I look for a mirror or something to see my eyes with, Twilight magic's in a hoof mirror and I have a look. My eyes are still the same, just with small strands of orange in them. It actually looks kinda cool.

"And why do we need to leave?" Fluttershy finally asks.

"He... says... I need... to... learn... what a... Tenno is," I reply. Dude this is embarrassing!

"A what?" Twilight asks.

"Tenno... it's what... Karn is," I reply. Hey! I'm starting to talk normally again! "Just... Listen, Twi... I'll explain everything later, but I have to hear what he says to understand what's happening to me."

"Karn? Is that his name?"

"Yeah, Oh! Fluttershy, his friend is named Nightshade," I tell her while pointing at Karn's pet. "Said he was something called a, erm... Oh yeah! A Kubrow."

"A Kubrow? Well at least I know your name now," she says smiling to Nightshade.

"Fine, but if you're not out within an hour, I'm dragging you out. Got it?" Twi tells me.

"Yeah sure," I reply and Twilight and Fluttershy hesitantly leave the ship. "So spill it, what's a Tenno and what happened to me?" I ask him. It feels soooo freaky speaking two languages.

"A Tenno is a guardian, a protector of their people. We stand up to those that would do harm to those we protect and take down anyone who threatens them and us. You've been infused with the modified virus, thus the orange tint in your eyes and a small amount of void energy which has extended your life by a hundred times," he tells me.

I'll live how long!? I shake my head and focus for now. "Okay, so what did you mean I can control a Warframe... I don't think I can fit inside your armour," I tell him with a deadpan expression.

He looks confused for a second before chuckling. "Oh no, a Warframe is a techno-organic humanoid battle frame, I connect to it through a Somatic Link," he tells me and stands up. "Follow me, I'll show you."

I follow him into the back of his ship and we enter a large room with a chair in the back.

"This is my Transference Room, it's where I connect to my Warframes remotely," he says and sits in the big chair at the back that has these glowing pipes connected to the back of it.

"Okay, so what? You can control the armour with your mind?" I ask him as a hissing of steam to my left sounds out. I look to see something raise out of the ground with the armour he first arrived in inside.

"Sort of, I can transfer my consciousness into the Warframe and control it like is was my own body. I need to do this otherwise the void energy within me will build up and I could die or worse, explode taking out everything nearby with me, by using the frames I transfer that energy into them meaning I don't overload," he says and closes his eyes.

The door to the armour opens and it steps out. "It's with these Warframes that we fight and protect," the armour tells me and I look back at Karn sitting down looking like he's asleep and then back to the armour.

"So I can now do that?" I ask him.

"Possibly, I would let you try but I need to know your answer before I'll allow that. If you do become a Tenno, it's for life. There's also the danger of the virus that infected you still out there, where some of it shows up a Hive is not far behind. I need to find and destroy it quickly or it could spread... Having other Tenno to help will make it easier to do," he tells me.

I frown and look down, So I could use these Warframes? And now that virus could infect everypony?.. But that would mean my friends are in danger and so is everypony in Ponyville!

"So if I'm a Tenno, I can protect my friends?" I ask him.

"Not just them, but all the innocent people here," he replies.

I sigh and look at his head... I would look him in the eyes if I could see them. "Alright, I'll be a Tenno if it means I can keep my friends safe and get rid of that nasty virus," I tell him.

"Alright then, but there are some ground rules. Rule one, we follow Lotus's orders to the letter, she's lead the Tenno for centuries and I trust her with my life. Rule two, we are not to attack another race, nation, or planet unless provoked, we do not strike first unless its to stop a tragedy from happening. And rule three, betray the Tenno and your life is forfeit," he says with a grim tone. I gulp and nodded quickly.