• Published 2nd Feb 2015
  • 9,640 Views, 774 Comments

Warframe: Equestria - Urimas Ebonheart



Karn, is one of the oldest Tenno to still live. But is betrayed by one of the newer Tenno, Greavus. His ship was damaged during his chase for Greavus, but ended up crash landing on Equestria.

  • ...
35
 774
 9,640

Chapter 2: History Lessons

Warframe: Equestria
Chapter 2: History lessons

POV: Karn / Location: Equus - Canterlot Castle Throne Room

I help the white equine onto its feet, she just looks at me with confusion and slight hesitation.

It neighs at me, so vocal communication is out the window, what about gestures? I point to her and flap my fingers against my thumb like a mouth, then I point to myself and shrug my shoulders with a shake of my head.

That seems to get her attention, looks like basic gestures work. She and the dark blue one start talking with each other, while they're doing that, I slip over to the hole in the wall while the guards are still watching me the whole time. I can see Ordis starting to hover where we landed, most likely running a systems check before flying over here.

I look down and notice the other six still there looking up at me.

POV: Twilight Sparkle / Location: Equus - Canterlot Castle Gardens

The creature is back at the hole looking over to the city, then back down to us. "What's it doin'?" Applejack asks.

What happens next gives me a heart attack. "OH MY GOSH!" Rainbow shouts out as the biped jumps from the castle.

Its body then glows with a red energy I'm not familiar with and its descent is slowed down considerably, almost like its floating. It lands lightly on the stone path and looks over to the city, a few seconds later the Princesses fly down and my eyes start to tear up.

Celestia looks perfectly fine now despite the blood and bruises still staining her coat, I run over to her and nuzzle her happy that she's okay. "Princess! I'm so happy you're alright," I say with a relieved tone.

She returns the gesture. "Yes my faithful student, thanks to our new friend here I am in good health," she tells me with a smile.

"So what do we do with this creature?" I ask her.

"Hmmm, well, trying to form a method of communication would be a start. It understands gestures, maybe it can read?" she replies and with a glow of her horn, she summons a scroll and quill.

POV: Celestia / Location: Equus - Canterlot Castle Gardens

Hello, can you understand this?

I wrote the simple message in hopes the being can read our language, I then tap it on its shoulder with a hoof to get its attention.

POV: Karn / Location: Equus - Canterlot Castle Gardens

I feel a tap on my shoulder so I turn around to see a floating piece of paper in front of me, I pluck it out of the air and see some strange symbols on it, must be their written language. Unfortunately, that's all it is to me, symbols.

I shake my head indicating I cant read it, the white equine sighs and takes the paper back. The sounds of the Orbiter's thrusters can be heard as it flies over to us.

The white equine takes a step back and looks wide eyed at my Orbiter, the others also have similar expressions. Ordis lowers to the ground as close as he could and opens the side door. I kneel down and use my frame's energy to leap up into the air and into the door.

Nightshade remains behind while I enter, closing the door behind me. I remove my weapons only leaving my Heat Dagger and Lex Pistol on my Warframe's thighs.

POV: Luna / Location: Equus - Canterlot Castle Gardens

This creature is full of surprises! First it saves me, it repels the Changelings, and then saves Tia from near death. It has weapons never imagined before and we didn't even get to see what the other one on its back even does! Now it has a flying vessel made of some unknown metal twice the size of a large house! What else does it have?

Wait a minute, who or what is piloting it? "Sister, dost thou believe there could be another on board? Somepony or something must have flown that vessel over here," I ask her.

"I'd have to agree with you, there has to be more then one of them, unless it uses some form of magic?" she replies.

I can see Twilight's thirst for knowledge kick in as she looks up at the vessel with intrigue.

POV: Karn / Location: Equus - Canterlot Castle Gardens inside the Orbiter

I store my weapons at the armoury and then set the on board foundry to make more ammunition for my weapons, I then walk back up to the front of the Liset and kneel on the mat. The map of the system comes to life showing the planets all around me, what confuses me is that the sun of this system revolves around the planet. How is that possible? A sun's gravity should be stronger than a planet.

I cycle through the planets to see there are three others. A frozen planet with no life on it, a planet with lush vegetation and wildlife and a planet that's a barren desert. The forest planet has two moons orbiting it while the frozen one has one.

Ordis has named the planet I am on Equus, I guess that makes sense since the locals are equines.

The others are called Tundrus, Gaia, and Ignius. Hmmm, well time to try and form an understanding with the locals. I can't read or speak their language, so good old gestures, drawings, or holo-recordings will have to do, but first I need to collect a sample of one of those insects to study.

I get up and head back to the door, though I leave my Sentinel in its charging station on standby mode with a fresh magazine loaded. I open the door and jump down while using my void energy to slow my descent to the ground.

POV: Twilight Sparkle / Location: Equus - Canterlot Castle Gardens

Oh this is so exciting! What if this is some extraterrestrial creature!? Just imagining all the things we can learn from it is giving me goosebumps.

Oh how I wish I can go inside and see all the wondrous technology and science it must have. I stomp my hoof in frustration and the door opens. I watch as the biped floats down again and then just looks down at me with a slightly tilted head.

I smile sheepishly and back up next to the Princesses who are looking at the biped's dog with some concern. The biped looks around and then walks over to one of the Changeling corpses, it then holds its left hand out with its palm facing the body. We all gasp as the dead Changeling starts to glow orange and small orange cubes break off and flow into its hand.

After about five seconds the body is gone, leaving only a puddle of green blood showing it was even there... Did it just eat the Changeling?

POV: Karn / Location: Equus - Canterlot Castle Gardens

I just finish digitising the body to my on board hard-drive so I can upload it later for Ordis to analyse. I turn to the equines and see their mouths agape and shrunken pupils... Oh, I guess they wouldn't know about digitising matter into data...

I slowly walk over to them and sit down cross legged to appear less threatening, the white and dark blue ones sit in front of me as well with some hesitation. Once settled, I pull out a small disk shaped device that can display holograms and maps.

I place it between us and open it to show the Sol System, their eyes go wide seeing it.

POV: Celestia / Location: Equus - Canterlot Castle Gardens

If what I'm seeing is correct this must be the place this being is from, there are so many planets compared to our system, but the planets are revolving around its sun, all on their own. It points to a blue and green planet much like our own, its finger touches it and the image expands into a full view. We all look at it in wonder.

It points at itself and then to the planet. Is this where it comes from? I nodded to it in understanding.

POV: Karn / Location: Equus - Canterlot Castle Gardens

The white equine nodded at me and I just notice the purple one walking over to me.

She circles me and starts taking notes in a book she got from somewhere. I turn back to the hologram and flick through the files. I play a recording from over a millennia ago. Tall buildings are shown with people walking around doing their day to day routines, then it shows the sky going dark as Grineer ships descend and fire down into the city.

The equines all gasp as they witness the destruction. Human ships flee the planet as they were caught off guard. The image changes to a few centuries ahead, of a dark and cold place set apart from normal space, the Void. Images of teenage humans in pods on Earth's moon lined up around the area.

I point to a specific pod that has me inside and then to my Warframe's chest. I then form an astral projection of my real body above my Warframe which goes limp as I am no longer controlling it for the moment.

They look at me wide eyed while the purple one is writing down what she's seeing, even a crude hastily sketched image of my real face.

I then return to my Warframe and showed them some of the missions I've been on, recorded from the perspective of my Warframe. Defence, rescue, exterminations, spying, interceptions, excavations, and one where I had to survive for forty minutes by myself while another Tenno hacked into the Grineer base's computer for information. Even some missions where I'm flying in space or on a planet, underwater with my Archwings, these ones got the cyan equine's attention. Some of them turn slightly green from the battles, even a few of their guards.

I then show them day to day life when we're not sent on a mission. Tenno just hanging out with each other playing sports and other activities at relays or a clan dojo, where we cook and eat. It's hard to get a decent meal since most of it is replicated from biomass gathered from Earth and digitised for transport. We have our own large Aeroponics facilities but it can't make enough for all of us.

It also took me two years before I could walk again, being in that pod for so long made my legs useless from lack of use.

Once its all over, it shows me and other Tenno standing proudly with weapons drawn side by side while Lotus is behind us.

I turn off the hologram and put it away. I look to them and notice Nightshade taking his nap next to the yellow equine who is stroking him with a hoof.

POV: Twilight Sparkle / Location: Equus - Canterlot Castle Gardens

That was... I have no idea on how to describe what we just saw. Here is a real alien and a warrior at that who's been through so much. I'm guessing its male from what I saw. I wonder how old he is, he looked so young.

I look at the device he put back onto his waist, oh how I would love to examine it.

I then turn to look at Princess Celestia. "So what are we going to show him in return?" I ask her.

She hums in thought as the biped just sits there with no expression.

Celestia's horn glows as she casts an illusion spell showing the history of our race. Images of the three pony tribes at war with each other, the Windigos that were drawn in by their hate for each other. Then of Discord's cruel rein over the world treating the different species as his own playthings.-

Then Images of Celestia and Luna arriving with the Elements of Harmony and the long battle that ensued. Celestia flew into the air while Luna attacked from below, bolts and beams of gold, dark blue, and yellow magic soaring at each other. After a sped up replay of the fight it slows down to show Luna getting a hit on Discord's chest, he's stunned long enough for the Princesses to use the Elements and turn him to stone.

It then shows the time of Nightmare Moon and the damage she caused, the biped looks at the image and then to Luna, then back to the image. Luna just looks away ashamed.

It shows Nightmare's imprisonment and her return where me and my friends freed her form her dark side.

It then shows scenes of daily pony life for a few minutes, as well as the other species on Equus.

Celestia's horn stops glowing and the image fades away like mist.

POV: Karn / Location: Equus - Canterlot Castle Gardens

Well, at least we've managed to exchange some history with each other. I stand up, place my right fist into the palm of my left hand and bow slightly. The white and dark blue ones bow their heads in return.

I look to the yellow one again to see a large smile on her face as she leans into Nightshade, the sight makes me chuckle which gets her attention.

Her face turns slightly red as she hides behind her hair. I look back to the white one and point to my Orbiter, then to the ground with the palm of my hand and then to somewhere behind the castle like building to ask if there was anywhere to keep it hidden for now.

POV: Celestia / Location: Equus - Canterlot Castle Gardens

I look from him to the vessel, I believe he is asking for somewhere to place it. I nodded and wave my hoof to let him know to follow me, he nodded and looks to his vessel. He says something to it and it comes to life as it starts to slowly move forward above him.

I wonder why the one piloting it did not come out as well, I'll ask to see the inside when we get to the field behind the castle.

We walked for a few minutes, during that time Pinkie bounced around him and kept asking questions like what his favourite colour, food, and games were. He just watched her while Twilight was taking more notes and Rainbow Dash was flying around the vessel.

Fluttershy was trotting beside the being's companion and trying to talk to it. Rarity and Applejack kept their distance though next to Luna.

We arrive to the large field used for outdoor gatherings like the Gala. I look to him and point at the field with my hoof, he nodded and talks to the vessel again.

The vessel flies ahead of us and lands in the centre of the field, he walks up to it and the side door opens again.

I tap his shoulder again to get his attention. He looks at me, I point to myself, then to my eyes and then to his vessel. He looks at it then to me, after a few seconds he nodded. Twilight gasps and rushes over only to have the being hold his palm out to her and shake his head.

"What!? Why not? I want to see too!" she says with a pout, the being just shakes his head again. "Awwww." Twilight looks down at the floor as she trudges away. I cant help but giggle a little, it reminds me of when she was still learning at the castle.

Luna walks up to us and the being gives her a nod allowing her in as well. "No fair!" Twilight says next to her friends causing me to smile wider.

We step inside, and what we see is nothing like we could've imagined.