• Published 2nd Feb 2015
  • 9,636 Views, 774 Comments

Warframe: Equestria - Urimas Ebonheart



Karn, is one of the oldest Tenno to still live. But is betrayed by one of the newer Tenno, Greavus. His ship was damaged during his chase for Greavus, but ended up crash landing on Equestria.

  • ...
35
 774
 9,636

Chapter 16: Suiting Up

POV: Karn / Location: Equus - Equestrian Plains - Dojo

I worked all through the night to get the Tenno Lab up and running. Now it's ready for the others to get their Warframes made.

I head back to the Orbiter during the early morning and enter through the door when it opens for me. It closes behind me as I walk to my facility room to check on the egg and see a few cracks form but nothing major yet.

I head back into my chamber and return to my real body and get a drink of water, after that, I eat a few nutrient pills. I finish my 'breakfast' and start getting Twilight's new weapons out from the armoury. I'll need to make sure they're in perfect condition before letting her use them.

I lift up the Prova and turn it on. Electricity courses through the weapon with a few sparks jumping up and down the dull blade. I turn it off and grip the Dera and pull the barrels back. It is fully loaded and ready to fire. I put it down next to the Prova and get the Dual Cestras out. I spin the barrels, which purr like a Kavat.

I checked and cleaned them which takes an hour to make sure they were in perfect working order.

POV: Twilight Sparkle / Location: Equus - Ponyville - Inside the Library

I yawn as I wake up and rub my eyes, I then remember the archive of memories in my dream and smile. I notice Spike isn't in his bed and I can hear him downstairs in the kitchen making breakfast. I lick my lips at the thought of food and I get up and stretch my legs and back, I'm going to need a bigger bed now that I'm much taller than before. Doesn't help that I speared my own pillow with my horn either.

I head down and into the kitchen where the scent of waffles greets me. "Morning, Spike. Those smell wonderful!" I tell him making him chuckle.

"It's the same as usual, Twi," he replies and flips the waffle over. "So what are you doing today?" he asks me.

"Well, hopefully I get to try using a Warframe today, I'm intrigued in how a biped walks and what hands feel like," I reply as Spike puts a plate with four large waffles in front of me... going to need a bigger table as well...

"Cool... say, Twilight, erm... would it be possible if I could... you know... join as well?" he asks me making me choke slightly on my mouthful of waffle.

After coughing a few times I look at him. "What? Why do you want to join?" I ask him a little worried.

"Well, all of our friends have, and I want to help as well, besides. Didn't you say Rainbow told you that she can't get hurt using the armour? I would be fine!" he replies with a pleading look.

I frown in thought and sigh, Karn did want more ponies he could trust, and Spike is as loyal as they come... "I'll ask him, but don't get your hopes up," I tell him and finish off my waffles.

"Thanks, Twilight. Do you need me to do anything today?" he asks eating his own waffles.

"Hmmm, no, as long as the Library is kept clean you can relax today. Oh! That reminds me," I reply and levitate a bag over and pull out two new comics. "I got these a few days ago, forgot to give them to you," I tell him and give them to him.

"Wow! The newest editions of the Power Ponies! Thanks, Twilight!" he says and runs off giggling with them.

I chuckle and then head out to Karn's Dojo.

When I arrive, I drop my jaw and stare wide eyed at the now large building, it looks absolutely massive, almost as big as Canterlot Castle, just made of metal instead of marble and stone. There's an entrance at the front with a large hall behind it. To the left is what looks like a hallway connecting to a large room with glowing light blue lights shining from it. To the right is another hallway with a room connecting it, and behind that is another room.

I see Ordis to the right of the Dojo and walk over and knock on the side of the ship, which opens up for me letting me walk inside.

"Karn?" I call out and see the ramp leading into the back is down. I walk down it to see Karn out of his armour and cleaning some strange looking weapons.

"Huh? Oh hello, Twilight. I just need to finish cleaning these Cestras, and then we can get you into a Warframe, the Oracle and Lab is complete so we can get started making all your Warframes and get you all practising with mine," Karn tells me while using a cloth to clean the short cylindrical weapon in his hands.

"Erm, sure. Okay," I reply and sit next to him. I watch as he reassembles the item. It kind of looks like his small ranged weapon, just fatter.

After a few minutes, he finishes putting it together again. "There, they're all in perfect condition and ready for use," Karn says. "Follow me outside and we'll test them," he tells me.

I nodded to him and follow him out the ship.

Once we're far enough he turns to me. "So, here's how these work," he says and holds out a long metal pole like weapon. "This is the Prova. There's a trigger on the grip that when pulled, sends electricity through the blade," he demonstrates by pulling said trigger, making sparks of electricity course through the blade.

"Oooooo," I just say, entranced by the piece of technology in front of me.

"Now pick it up with that magic of yours," he tells me. I do what he says and lift it up. I apply extra force at the trigger and it sparks to life. "Now, see that tree over there?" he says pointing to a lone tree to the left of the building.

"Yes," I reply.

"I want you to hit it as hard as you can. Don't worry about damaging the Prova. It's very durable and will take significant force to even bend it," he tells me.

"Okay then," I say and lift the Prova as he called it behind my back. I swing it forward and hit the tree hard. Sparks discharge around the blade and scorch the tree's bark. I stare wide eyed at the burn mark. That must have been a very high voltage to leave that kind of mark on a tree.

While I continue to practice with the weapon, I hear the flapping of wings as Rainbow lands nearby. "Hey, Karn! So what are we doing today?" she asks him.

"I'm going to get the others into some Warframes so they can start practising to control them like you did," he replies and turns back to me. "We'll continue this once you get used to a Warframe," he tells me and I nodded.

"I'll go get the others, since I'm the fastest here, be back in a flash!" Rainbow says and takes off towards Ponyville.

POV: Rainbow Dash / Location: Equus - Ponyville

After talking to Karn and Twilight, I head towards Rarity's first as she's further away.

Some ponies look up at me with awe or confusion, I don't blame them, I am twenty percent cooler now. I land at Rarity's place and open the door where the little bell above me jingles.

"Welcome to my boutique wher... oh, Rainbow darling. What can I do for you?" Rarity asks.

"Karn said that the Tenno Lab is ready and everypony can start practising with his Warframes. I'm just telling you and the others so we can start," I reply.

"Oh. Well thank you for informing me. I need to take Sweetie to her slumber party she's having at Scootaloo's," she tells me.

"Alright. I'll go tell AJ and Mac next. See ya at Karn's place!" I say and head out the door.

"Sweetie! Its time to get ready to go....." I hear Rarity say before her voices fades away.

I fly over trees towards the red farm house of Sweet Apple Acres. I land in front of the door and knock lightly on it. A few seconds later, it opens with Applebloom standing there looking up at me.

"Hey, Bloom. Is AJ and Mac around? I need to talk to them," I ask her.

"Yeah. They're just washing the dishes right now," she replies. The sound of a plate breaking fills the air.

"Mac! That's the second plate ya broke now!" I hear AJ say.

"Ah'm sorry, sis. Ah'm still gettin' used to mah new strength," Mac replies to her.

Applebloom turns around. "SIS! RAINBOW DASH IS HERE FER YA!" she yells back into the house.

AJ and Mac walk into the room and over to us. "Applebloom, keep yer voice down. Granny's trying ta sleep," AJ tells Applebloom.

"Sorry," Applebloom replies.

"So. What can ah do fer ya, RD?" AJ asks me.

"Karn wants you and Mac at the Dojo so we can start using his Warframes," I tell her. They look at each other and Mac nodded to AJ.

"Alright, we'll need to get Applebloom to Scootaloo's for their sleepover first, then we'll meet ya'll at his place," she tells me.

"Sweet, see ya later!" I say and fly towards Fluttershy's cottage.

A few birds move out of my way as I close in on her little cottage. I arrive to see Fluttershy behind Nightshade, who's growling at three timberwolves at the forest's edge. At least they don't look infected.

I land beside her and get into a low stance, ready to strike should they attack us. "Fluttershy, what's going on here?" I ask her.

"I'm not sure. One minute I was playing fetch with Nightshade here, and then those three showed up and just stared at us. Nightshade is keeping them back though," she replies.

I take a step towards the wolves who growl at me. Then they suddenly start whining and look behind them. I see a timberwolf twice their size shambling towards them from the forest, but It’s infected.

Nightshade growls threateningly at the infected timberwolf before charging at it. Fluttershy tries to stop him but he doesn't listen.

The infected timberwolf charges as well, but Nightshade leaps to the side and tackles the timberwolf into a tree and starts slamming his paws repeatedly onto its head snapping the wood it’s made from until it goes completely limp.

I then hear the sounds of Karn's smaller ship hovering over head. The bottom rotates again with Karn attached to it in the armour he first arrived in. He drops down from the ship with his weapons on him.

He quickly heads over to Nightshade and pats him on the head. "Good boy, Nightshade," Karn says to his friend.

"H-He's not infected is h-he?" Fluttershy asks Karn.

"Hmm? Oh no, Kubrows don't have the genome the technocyte needs to infect them, it would just kill them. Besides, his shielding is protecting him as well," he replies and sprays Nightshade with the same stuff he did to me when I killed those infected changelings.

"Oh, that's good," Fluttershy says and sighs in relief.

Karn then notices the three timberwolves cowering behind her. He then points his weapon at them but Fluttershy stops him. "WAIT! They were just scared. Their alpha got infected and tried to attack them," she tells him.

He lowers his weapon slightly. "And how do you know that?" he asks her.

She tilts her head to the side. "They told me," she replies.

"They told you?" Karn says with disbelief.

"My special talent is caring for animals. Over the years, I've learnt how to talk with them," she tells him.

Karn looks to me and I just nodded at him. He shrugs and turns back to Shy. "So what do we do with them? They won't attack anyone right?" he asks Fluttershy.

"Oh no, they only wanted to get away from their alpha. Now that it's dead, I think they'll go back to the forest," she says.

The three timberwolves walk around us and then run back into the forest. "Well, now with that over with. The Tenno Lab is ready so you and the others can get your Warframes made while practising with mine. Have you decided which frame you want?" Karn asks her.

Fluttershy looks down for a few seconds, then to her wings. She then looks up at Karn. "I erm... I'm not sure what would be better to be honest," she replies.

"I believe the Titania would be better for you as her razorflies will protect you and keep you safe while you can make yourself smaller and fly out of danger," he tells her and she nodded at him.

I then walk up to Karn. "Okay, I'm gonna go get Pinkie alright?" I tell them.

"Sure, we'll wait for you back at the Dojo," Karn replies.

I wave them goodbye and fly to Sugarcube Corner. I land in front of the store, making a few ponies jump from my sudden appearance. I chuckle as I go through the door.

I see Pinkie who's smiling behind the counter. She waves to me after serving Lyra and Bonbon some cupcakes. "Hiya, Dashie! What's up!" she says to me.

"Karn wants you at the Dojo so you and the others can have your frames made and start practising with his," I tell her.

"Yeah! I can't wait! I'll meet you there, Dashie!" she replies and ducks under the counter. After a few seconds of not coming back up, I lean over and see her gone.

I look back to Lyra and Bonbon who look confused. I just shrug and leave.

I fly back to the Dojo and see the others all gathered at the front. How did pinkie get here before me?

POV: Karn / Location: Equus - Equestrian Plains - Dojo

Rainbow returns and lands beside the others. "Okay. Now that you're all here. I can start on making your Warframes. While that's happening, I'll be training you all in using mine for now," I tell them. "Any questions?" I ask.

None of them raise their hooves or speak. "Alright then, follow me inside and we'll get started," I tell them.

As I stand in front of the Dojo, the doors automatically open for me. I lead them through the main lobby of the Dojo to the other side. They all look around wide eyed at the walls and ceiling.

"Wow. It's hard to believe this is all metal! It would take ponies months, maybe years to build something like this!" Pinkie says.

"This Dojo will be able to take a heavy beating before the walls break, not excluding the shield when it’s built. I'm guessing this is one, if not, the most secure and safest place on this planet," I tell her.

"No kidding," Rainbow says.

We enter the main hall and they look around.

Its a massive hall with a second floor with railings overlooking the ground floor. Six doors

I point to the first door on the left. "That's the Dojo reactor room. It powers the entire Dojo with electricity. Don't go in there unless I tell you to," I tell them. They reply with Okay and sure. I point to the far left door. "Over there will be your personal Armouries and rooms when they're built." I then point to the first door on the right. "That's the Tenno Lab, where your Warframes will be made," I then point to the far right door.

"That leads to the Oracle. You can Meditate in there if you want. It's quiet and calm, but its main function is storing data for all Tenno in the Dojo and where you'll connect to your Warframes in the somatic link chamber," I say. "Now follow me to the chamber so we can get started," I tell them.

We walk into the Oracle's somatic link chamber where there are ten pods lining the wall with a monitoring console in the middle of the room.

Over the next ten minutes I get them all in and comfortable. "I'm going to link you to my Orbiter's chamber and Ordis will connect you to the Warframes I've chosen for you. I'll be in the Orbiter to help you out and over to here," I tell them.

They all say their okays and I head out back to my Orbiter and into my chamber.

"Alright, Ordis. Send Twilight through to the Mag first," I tell him.

"Yes, Operator," he replies and the sound of the Warframe pods below moving echoes throughout the chamber until the Mag is raised up.

After a few seconds the pod opens and the black and red coloured Mag frame stumbles out before tripping over. This time I catch her before she hit the floor.

"So, Twilight. How do you feel?" I ask her.

She looks up at me where the frame's helmet looks like a swirling pool of energy. "I... feel strange," she replies and I help her onto her new feet where she clings onto my Rhino frame for balance.

"Well, then. Let's get you used to walking by heading back to the Oracle so we can get the others through as well," I tell her and she nodded.

Along the way I watch her as she flexes the fingers on her right hand while her left arm is hooked around my right to stay upright. She takes wobbly steps but we eventually make it back into the Dojo.

"Rainbow was right when she said this would feel weird. It's like my mind is trying to move muscles and joints I no longer have," she comments as we enter the somatic link chamber.

"Twilight?" Rarity asks the Mag frame as we enter.

"Yeah, it's me, Rarity," Twilight replies and I set her down next to her pod where she just stares at her unresponsive real body. "Oh this is both fascinating and disturbing at the same time..." she then says poking her body’s belly a couple of times.

"Right then, I'll be back with the next one," I tell the others and head back to my Orbiter.

It goes well for Rarity, Rainbow, and Applejack, but something unexpected happens with Pinkie.

The pod opens and she steps out in the Mirage frame, but what surprises me is that a second pod rises and out steps my Valkyr frame as well on the other side of the chamber.

I draw my Soma rifle that I still have on me from when I went over to Fluttershy's after the warning about an infested from Ordis.

"Pinkie?" I ask the Valkyr frame only for the Mirage to hug me from behind.

"Yeah, Karn?" she replies and looks towards the Valkyr frame. "Who's that?" she asks me with a tilt of her head.

The Valkyr trips over and falls onto the floor. "Whoa! W-Where am I? Pinkie!? Where are you!?" the Valkyr asks panicking with Pinkie’s voice.

Pinkie gasps and tries to run over to the Valkyr only to trip over herself with a loud thud and giggle on the floor. "I'm over here, Pinkamena!" Pinkie says and waves to the Valkyr after sitting up.

The Valkyr just stares at her and then at me. "What?" she asks confused and also sits up.

"Don't look at me, I have no clue what is going on," I say and lower my Soma. "Ordis, what is going on?" I ask him.

"It would appear Miss Pie has two personalities in her head, and each one is capable of controlling a Warframe it seems," he replies.

I go wide eyed and look between the two of them as Pinkie crawls over and starts explaining what's happening to this Pinkamena. So she can control two Warframes at once? So we basically have an extra warrior to help us, as strange as this is and unheard of, I'm not going to complain.

"Alright then, let's get you two to the others. I expect a full explanation later, Pinkie," I tell them.

"Okie dokie lokie!" Pinkie replies. I holster my Soma and help both of them onto their feet where they hold my arms for support. Pinkie explains to me that Pinkamena is a part of her mind and that she's been in her head for awhile now but only recently made friends with each other.

Pinkamena tells me she felt a pull from Pinkie's mind and then suddenly found herself in the Valkyr frame.

We arrive back at the Oracle and the others start asking questions and after a while welcome the other Pinkie to the group.

I head back to the Orbiter and help Macintosh back to the Oracle, who got accustomed to walking very quickly. Then comes Fluttershy's turn.

The Titania rises up and opens, her head lifts up and looks around. "Oh my," she says and looks down at her hands.

"Hello, Fluttershy. How do you feel?" I ask her and hold my hand out to prevent her from falling out.

She takes my hand with her own and I help her out of the pod. "I feel strange," she replies and notices the black and red razorflies fluttering on her biceps and hips. "What are these?" she asks.

But before I could answer, the razorflies detach and start slowly flying around her. "They're drones in the shape of butterflies, they'll respond to any threat against you and protect you," I reply as she holds out a hand and one of the razorfiles lands on her finger.

"They're beautiful," she says and looks up to the others.

"That they are, but be careful as they'll also attack anything you consider hostile or a threat as well," I warn her.

"O-Okay," she replies and the razorflies reattach themselves to her. She then looks behind her and notices the built in Archwings. "What are these? They feel like my wings," she asks and moves the Archwings about in a way I've she her and Rainbow move their real wings.

"They're your wings, once I teach you how to use them, you'll be flying around like a little pixie," I reply and start walking towards the front of the Orbiter with her.

"What's a pixie?" she asks me.

"They're a type of mythological fairy about half a foot tall and look like humans, they also have a variety of different wings, from dragonflies to butterflies," I explain to her.

"Oh, they're like breezies then," she says.

"Breezies?" I ask her as we exit the Orbiter.

"They're like ponies, but small enough to stand on your hoof, erm, hand... they have large beautiful transparent insect like wings and antenna, but they're easily blown away in a strong wind," she tells me.

"Huh... I would like to see one of them," I say and help her over to the Dojo.

"Oh that won't be for awhile until their migration arrives later this year," she tells me and we enter the Dojo.

We walk into the Oracle where I help Fluttershy over to her pod. The others are helping each other to walk and getting to know this Pinkamena some more.

"Looking good, Fluttershy. It looks like your frame has bunny ears!" Rainbow says to her.

"It does?" Fluttershy replies and lifts a hand up and feels the two long fin like ears on the sides of her head.

"Alright," I say getting their attention. "You're just going to be practising how to walk about and stay upright for the next few days, Rainbow can help you with that while I continue building the Dojo. In front of each of your chairs is a pod to store your Warframes in until your own rooms and armouries are built," I tell them and raise the empty pods up with the centre console to show them. Pinkie will need two pods though due to Pinkamena.

"Can do!" Rainbow says and starts teaching the others how to walk better while I head back out and continue building the barracks.


Five Hours Later


The others have gotten used to the Warframes quite quickly, either the Tenno Serum has helped them learn fast or they're just naturally fast learners.

I've given them their melee weapons to practice with as well, it’ll help with keeping their balance.

Rainbow still has her Venka claws attached.

Twilight has been practising with the Prova.

Applejack is doing well with the Lecta and says it's kinda like a lasso really.

Macintosh, using the power of the Atlas frame is using the Scindo effectively.

Pinkie is using the Fragor like it’s a feather while Pinkamena has taken my Magistar Maul.

Rarity has had a few mishaps with her Glaive as it turns out she and Twilight can't use their magic while in a Warframe, so she's had to learn to catch it by hand, and has been hit by it a few times trying to catch it. Fortunately the frame's shielding protected her frame.

Fluttershy has taken my Bo Staff as it is blunt and non-lethal, she’s also using it like a crutch when she loses her balance.

Twilight has also mentioned to me that her dragon assistant Spike wishes to join and that he's very trustworthy and loyal to her and her friends. I told her to bring him over so I can talk to him myself later in the week.


Rainbow and the others notice me armed with my main kit of my Soma, Galatine, Lex, and Heat Dagger while practising outside.

"Hey, Karn! Where're you heading with all that?" she asks me.

"I'm going to go into the forest to retrieve one of the extractors that was damaged by something in there. You're welcome to join me if you want," I tell her.

"Hay yeah!" Rainbow says with enthusiasm.

"Can I come along?" Twilight asks.

"Sure, I'll even give you your other weapons since we might run into some Infested along the way," I reply then turn to Rainbow. "Rainbow, before we go I'll teach you how to use the Archwing's ranged ability called Seeking Fire," I reply.

She gasps. "YEAH! How do I do that?" she asks.

"Erm, it’s hard to explain it to you since I'm sure you don't know what homing missiles are do you?" I tell her.

"Nope," she replies.

"Okay, it would be easier to show you. Ordis, get my Archwings ready," I tell him.

"Yes, Operator," he replies.

We head outside where I attach my wings onto me. "So here's how it works," I say and fly up a few metres. Dash and Twilight along with the others are watching me. I spread my wings wide and think of the missiles. Small micro missile pods open up and two missiles fly out and blow a boulder into pieces.

"That. Was. AWESOME!" Rainbow says with both her hands on her frame's cheeks.

"All you have to do is think of the pods opening up and launching the amount of missiles you want at your targets. You can lock onto multiple targets before launching them. You only have one-hundred missiles before you run out, but you can refill them at your Armoury... when it's ready," I tell her.

"That's so cool. What else can they do?" she asks.

"You can use the energy from your Warframe to activate a few other abilities. Energy Shell will create a shield of energy in front of you that absorbs or deflects any projectiles fired at you. It takes twenty-five energy to use and will start to fade once it runs out of power. Disarray costs fifty energy and fires off high temperature energy flares that will attract any heat seeking missiles fired at you. And the last ability is called Repel. You channel one hundred energy into the wings and send out a pulse that pushes everything around you away," I tell her.

"Sweet. I take it the pod thingies won't work when the wings are tucked away," she asks me.

"Correct, none of your Archwing's abilities will work when they're turned off," I reply. "Now that you have a method of attacking from range, let's go and get the extractor back." I tell her.

"Okay!" she says and I head back down to the ground where the Archwings transfer from me to Rainbow. I then head to my Orbiter and get Twilight's weapons out for her and show her how to use them, I then pull out the Imperator from Rainbow's Archwings and show her how to fire it.

"What about us?" Pinkie asks me as the others all look at me as well.

"Stay here and keep practising, also keep an eye on the Dojo and don't let anyone else in," I reply before we head off into the Everfree Forest.

"Listen up. Keep quiet and only talk if you see something dangerous or of importance. Call out anything hostile and where it is. You can mark a target by thinking it and it will be displayed to the rest of us," I tell them.

"Okay," Twilight says. "Uh-huh," Rainbow replies.

We were about to keep moving before Ordis speaks up. "Operator, the extractor's remains are on the move. Sensors detect a feline-avian hybrid is pulling the remains away," he tells us.

"Feline-avian hybrid?" Twilight asks confused. Then she gasps. "Does he mean a gryphon?" she asks with concern.

Wait... if a gryphon has it, then they could try to reverse engineer it for who knows what, most likely for weaponry.

"We're going after them. Come on, let’s go," I say and start jogging into the forest. Rainbow hovering and Twilight close behind me.