• Published 2nd Feb 2015
  • 9,647 Views, 774 Comments

Warframe: Equestria - Urimas Ebonheart



Karn, is one of the oldest Tenno to still live. But is betrayed by one of the newer Tenno, Greavus. His ship was damaged during his chase for Greavus, but ended up crash landing on Equestria.

  • ...
35
 774
 9,647

Chapter 24: Hive Assault Part 1

POV: Karn / Location: Equus - Equestrian Plains - On Top of the Dojo

I continue to build the Hanger for another two hours before calling it a day. I've had my own room also built into the barracks with the others. It's been linked up to my Orbiter so I can have my gear transferable.

I've placed Gilda into another cell for now. She may be an old friend of Rainbow Dash, but I can't leave her unattended while we attack the Hive tomorrow. Though she's been given many books, treats, and other comforts while we're gone.

I bid the others goodnight and go to sleep in my own room. I do some mental simulations in my sleep on how best to approach the hive with what we have.


The next morning I get up and stretch and get my gear ready for the attack. My Soma, Lex, Galatine, and Heat Dagger. Along with my sentinel are ready and equipped. But this time, I've decided to go with my Ember frame for her area of effect fire damage.

I make my way to the Clan Hall where I wait for the others to arrive.

After a few minutes. They all arrive one by one. "Good morning. Today is the day where we attack the Hive. I'll first show you all a recording of what to expect so you can prepare yourselves better," I tell them and put my holo-disk on the floor.

They gather around and I open the file.


When the recording ended, they all look at each other. I don't need to see their faces to know they're nervous.

"So we just have to destroy those clusters and then get out?" Rainbow asks.

"Correct. But this time, I'll be placing a thermal reaction bomb in there as well to make sure it's all burned down. Once set, we'll only have thirty minutes to get out," I reply.

I hear a few gulps and nervous chuckles.

"Alright. So how are we goin' to attack this hive?" Applejack asks.

"In pairs of two. There is usually four to six clusters we need to destroy to interrupt the Hives network and reproducing abilities. Once they're all destroyed, I'll plant the bomb in the centre of the Hive and activate it. Then it'll be up to you to get yourselves out. I won't lie and say this will be easy. A ship infested hive is a lot easier to destroy then a planet side one due to a lack of further biomass and tech for it to consume," I tell her.

"Why not just plant the bomb and blow it all to Tartarus?" Shining asks.

"Because we won't know if all of the clusters will be destroyed in the blast, or how deep the hive goes. If even one of them survives, the hive can grow back," I reply.

"So who's going with who?" Pinkie asks.

"Alright. I want Shining, and Twilight together, Mac with Spike and Fluttershy, Rarity and Applejack, Pinkie and Pinkamena, and Rainbow, you're with me," I tell them.

POV: Rainbow Dash / Location: Equus - Equestrian Plains - Dojo Clan Hall

He wants me to go with him? I feel my face heat up and my heart beat faster. Why do I keep feeling like this?

"Agreed?" he asks. The others voice their approval while I nodded furiously. I'm having trouble just to stop my wings from spreading in excitement. "Good. You have three hours to get everything ready and to check your systems and mods are in place, so get going," he says and we all head back to our rooms.

I calm myself down and make sure all my gear is ready. My Venkas are sharp and ready. My Akstilleto and Grakata is good to go. My own Archwings are in perfect condition, and my own Dethcube Sentinel just like Karn's is ready to show that virus what for. We've all put some mods into our sentinels as well to buff them up.

I checked over everything three times just to make sure. I don't want to let Karn down or slip up while we're down there.

POV: Karn / Location: Equus - Equestrian Plains - Dojo Clan Hall

I've checked my gear and It's all ready, I'm just waiting for the others to finish their checks before we head out. I've told Nightshade to stay near the cells and make sure the Gryphons don't get out. If they somehow do, he has permission to kill them. Fluttershy's kubrow Cobalt is also with him along with enough food and water to last a few days if needed.

Rainbow was the first to arrive in her warframe and stands beside me. "W-Well, I'm ready whenever y-you are," she stutters.

I look at her with a raised brow. "You alright? You sound really nervous." I ask her.

She fidgets on her feet for a few seconds. "Y-Yeah I'm fine. It's just... um... This is our first big mission! Yeah that's it!" she replies.

I chuckle and pat her on her shoulder. "Don't worry about it. I'll watch your back while we're down there," I tell her.

I hear her sigh and her knees shake a bit as she shivers. "I know... I-I just hope I don't get in your way," she says nervously.

"You'll be fine. From what I've seen, you've trained harder than any of the others," I reply.

She then looks up at me and surprises me with a hug. "Thanks. I'll do my best!" she says and lets go.

I just look at her with confusion. She's never hugged me before or been nervous. I push the thought away and just wait for the others.

After ten more minutes, we're all in the Clan Hall in our frames and ready to go.

"Twilight, can you send a letter to Celestia and let her know we're off to destroy the Hive now. And that if she sees a large ball of fire and plumes of smoke over the forest to not worry about it. It's just the Hive getting wiped out," I ask her.

"Alright," she replies and gets a piece of parchment and a quill. Once she wrote the letter, she gave it to Spike, who just stares at her and I imagine an eyebrow is also raised. "Oh right..." she mutters in realisation before walking off with Spike to the Somatic Chamber and give it to Spike in Person.

Once they both return, I then look to everyone here. "Right then. So here's the plan. Ordis will drop us off above the Hive where he'll scan the area for the clusters. We'll then each pick a target and make our way to them and destroy them. Remember to use your heat based weapons on them. Once you've destroyed your cluster, head back to the surface where Ordis will pick you up. But if you've finished with yours and someone else calls for help, make your way over to them. Got it?" I tell them.

They all salute and we head outside to my Orbiter. We all enter and I order Ordis to go to the Hive's location.

"This is so exciting!" Pinkie says bouncing on the spot. Her other personality just shakes her head and sighs.

"Pinkie. This isn't a game you air headed mare! This is serious! If you lose your frame here then I might be pulled back with you! As much fun as the training was, this will be a battle to protect our home! Get your head on straight!" Pinkamena tells her.

Pinkie looks down and stops bouncing. "Sorry..." she replies.

The rest of the trip is in silence. Ordis brings the Orbiter to a hover over the Hive's entrance which is covered with fleshy organic growths.

I then turn to the others. "You all remember the plan?" I ask them. They all nodded. "Good. Stick together with your partner and watch each others back. Keep each other safe and I'll meet you all back here," I tell them.

POV: Twilight Sparkle / Location: Equus - Everfree Forest - Above the Hive Entrance

I nodded again and look to Shiny. "Ready, brother?" I ask him.

"Yeah, I'll keep you safe, sis," he replies. His Djinn Sentinel hovering beside him.

"Four clusters detected. Targets have been assigned to each group. The Operator and Miss Dash will head to the designated bomb site," Ordis tells us and a red marker is placed on my visor.

"Alright then, you all have your targets. Good luck in there!" Karn says and jumps out of the ship with Rainbow close behind him.

They both head into the Hive and I can hear gunfire going off.

"Our turn. Lets go, Twily," Shining says and jumps out next. I jump off after him and hold my breath. No matter how many times I did this during training. It always made my stomach turn.

Both Shiny and I activate our anti-gravity systems and lightly land on the ground. I draw my Dera and pull the bolt back to arm it.

We run into the tunnel and past the corpses of some infected Changelings. Our marker is telling us to go down the second tunnel to the left, so we both head down it as our helmets headlights turn on. For a couple of minutes, we meet no resistance while we can hear gunfire echo throughout the Hive.

My radar suddenly comes alive with red dots showing a swarm of the infected heading towards us. I level my Dera in front of me and wait for them to show up. Shining has his Braton Assault Rifle trained down the tunnel as well.

When they finally come into view. I almost panic at the sight. Over a hundred twisted and mutated Changelings and wild animals charge at us, snarling and growling as they get closer with some green fluid dripping from their sharp toothed maws. I pull the trigger and send bolt after bolt of super heated energy at them.

The bolts hit and burn holes through the infected creatures as they start dropping. Shiny fires his rifle and hot lead soars down the tunnel hitting them, causing blood to splatter on the floor and walls.

I run out of ammo and swap to my Dual Cestras while Shiny gets his sword out. I pull the triggers and the two barrels spin really fast as a barrage of energy bolts are sent into the still approaching swarm. These pistols have a heavy kick to them and even with the frames strong grip and a recoil reduction mod in the guns, I'm having trouble keeping a grip on them.

My pistols batteries then run out "Reloading!" I shout to Shiny and I start to change them.

POV: Shining Armour / Location: Equus - Everfree Forest - Inside the Hive

While Twilight reloads her weapons, I rush forward and start carving up the infested as I swing my Skana rapidly with fluid motions. Blood and chunks stain my Warframe but I don't stop.

They start to push me back so I activate my javelin ability and thrust my sword into the ground and release the energy I gathered from my Warframe. Javelins of white energy shoot out all around me and spear a good twenty of the infected to the walls. Thanks to a module in the armour, the javelins avoided Twilight.

"Done!" Twilight says and points her pistols back at the swarm. I leap back beside her and begin reloading my Braton as she unloads on the infested.

POV: Twilight Sparkle / Location: Equus - Everfree Forest - Inside the Hive

It takes a good ten minutes but we pushed our way through. We come to a room with a really nasty pink pus filled growth attached to the ceiling. The red marker pointing directly at it. "Well, we found the cluster. Let's destroy it and help the others," I say and aim my Dera at it.

"Twily look out!" Shining yells at me. I look to my left and see a creature Karn called an ancient stretch its arm at me and hits me. "Oof!" I grunt and roll across the floor as I drop my weapon.

"Twily! I'll deal with that thing! You destroy the cluster!" Shiny tells me and charges the creature with his sword.

I get back up and pull my weapon back to me with my Warframe's magnetic abilities. I aim at the cluster but get jumped by a Changeling. It starts to bite and claw at me with its mutated forelegs. My shields begin dropping rapidly and I draw my Prova and slam it into the Changelings head. The electrical discharge causes it to spasm and I push it off me.

I roll onto my feet and repeatedly bash its head in. I pant as I aim my Dera back at the cluster and pull the trigger.

POV: Shining Armour / Location: Equus - Everfree Forest - Inside the Hive

I charge at the large monster and swing my sword at it. It moves to avoid it and swings its right arm at me. I block it with my sword and pull out one of my Latos with my left hand and fire at its chest.

The bullets bury themselves into the creature but it doesn't seem affected. It roars and slams its left arm into my head and I hit a wall from the force. I groan as I pick myself back up and shoot at its head. The bullets don't seem to be doing anything so I put the pistol away and create an Ethereal Skana and start swinging it at the monster from a distance.

Blades of energy soar towards the creature as it tries to avoid them. A few cut into it while one of them manages to cut its left arm off.

I leap towards it and thrust my heat infused sword through its head, where it screeches and bursts into flames. I pull my sword out and leap off of it. It thrashes around and hits me with its remaining arm. I slide across the floor and stop next to Twilight who is firing her weapon into the cluster. The Hive seems to shake as the pus filled growth bursts into flames and explodes.

"EEEEWWWWW!" Twilight screams as she and I get covered in a pinkish yellow fluid.

I get up and wipe the fluid off my visor. "Okay... that wasn't so hard..." I say and pick up my sword.

Growls and snarls to our right get our attention as hundreds of infested run at us. "You just had to open your mouth didn't you..." Twilight says annoyed.

We open fire onto the infested as we make our way back out. "Karn! We destroyed the cluster! We're heading back out!" she says to Karn over the comms.

"Alright. Stay alert in case anyone else needs your help!" he replies over the sound of gunfire and screeching.

"Got it!" Twilight says and thrusts her right arm out with her hand spread open. A group of the infested are pushed back and some get crushed by the force.

I look up and get an idea. "Twily! Can you collapse the tunnel?" I ask her.

She looks up as well. "I can try!" she replies and holds her hand up to the ceiling. She grunts and pulls her hand back. The ceiling breaks apart and barricades the tunnel.

"Nicely done, sis! Now let's get out of here!" I tell her and we start running back to the surface.