• Published 2nd Feb 2015
  • 9,645 Views, 774 Comments

Warframe: Equestria - Urimas Ebonheart



Karn, is one of the oldest Tenno to still live. But is betrayed by one of the newer Tenno, Greavus. His ship was damaged during his chase for Greavus, but ended up crash landing on Equestria.

  • ...
35
 774
 9,645

Chapter 9: Decisions

POV: Karn / Location: Equus - Equestria Plains - Above the clouds

Rainbow returns after she flew towards the pony Capital and back.

"So, what do you think?" I ask her.

"This is sooo bucking AWESOME!" she replies. "I've never been able to fly that fast before!"

"Did you even notice that you're not even tired?" I ask her.

She just hovers there for a few seconds. "HOLY HORSEAPPLES! You're right! I feel like I could fly to the moon and back without breaking a sweat!" she says with glee.

I chuckle from her enthusiasm. "Now then, go get something to eat. Then you're getting some sleep. Tomorrow we're going to begin your training, starting with how the Warframe and Archwings function, how to harness their energy and then practice your new abilities," I tell her.

She lifts her arms into the air. "OH YEAH!" she shouts.

"Let's go back down and get you out of the Warframe," I tell her and we land back on the ground.

After a quick swap, I'm back in my Vauban Warframe and we're standing outside the Orbiter.

"Oh before you go, I need to tell you about lucid meditation," I tell her.

"What?" she asks confused.

POV: Rainbow Dash / Location: Equus - Equestria Plains - Inside the Orbiter

"Lucid meditation, it'll let you practice within your own mind. Tenno can let their bodies rest or sleep while they're awake inside their own minds, either in their real bodies or as one of their Warframes. This is called lucid meditation, but be careful, that dark blue pony... Luna correct?" he asks and I nodded in reply. "She managed to infiltrate my mind last night. So if she does it to you, tell her to leave. If she doesn't then you force her out," he warns me.

"Why?" I ask.

"A Tenno's mind is their sanctuary, a place you can hone your skills on your own in a calm and tranquil state. I was interrupted during my meditation by her, which by the way really ruined my mood, so I did some combat training, which meant I was armed just in case she came back."

"So... how would I force her out?" I ask him.

"It's your mind, so whatever you imagine will happen. You have complete control over your surroundings as well as any objects within. The terrain usually reflects your personality though. If she does show up, just Imagine a door or exit to your mind and kick her out. That's what I did," he says with a slight chuckle.

"But won't she get mad at me if I did that? I mean, she is a Princess after all," I say conflicted.

"That she may be, but you are now a powerful Tenno and our minds are not for others to intrude. Not even Lotus goes into another Tenno's mind without permission... but, if she does show up try to find out what she wants before you kick her out. I got a feeling she wants something," he replies.

"Alright, so how do I do this lucid mediwhatsit?" I ask.

"Just go to sleep and you'll wake up inside your own mind, it's one of the effects from the Tenno serum. From there, you are free to do whatever you want," he replies.

"Oh, sweet. I'll just go back to my house then and see ya in the morning!" I say as I stand up.

"Sure, just make sure you're here at sunrise," he tells me standing up as well.

"Argh, at sunrise? Seriously?" I groan out, he just crosses his arms. "Fine! I'll be here."

"Make sure that you are, or I'll make your training even harder," he warns me.

"Alright alright, I'll be here!" I tell him and make my way back home.

POV: Chrysalis / Location: Equus - Everfree Forest - Infested Hive

Pain, all I can feel is pain as my misshapen'd body moves against my will.

'All will be of one flesh,' a voice in my head says.

'Release me you disgusting creature!' I demand.

'You are a part of us, we are one,' it replies.

'I do not care! Now get out of me!' I yell at it.

'Stop resisting, be one with us,' it tells me.

I managed to get a barrier spell over my mind before it took over my body. Is this my punishment for trying to take over Equestria?

I've lost track of how long I've been in this state. I can feel my magic slowly coming back to me. I just hope I can gather enough to teach this parasite a lesson it won't soon forget!

It's not the only one here who can change their form.

POV: Rainbow Dash / Location: Equus - Ponyville

I land on my house's porch and I walk up the few stairs and open the door. I yawn as I step inside, today has been an adventure and a half.

I trot up the stairs to my bedroom and flop down onto my bed, within seconds I fall asleep.


I open my eyes to an amazing sight. A bright blue sky is above my head and clouds beneath my hooves that go as far as my eyes can see.

I also notice that I'm in that Zephyr Warframe and Archwings, though they're coloured sky blue with rainbow patterns on them. I flex my new fingers and look around for a few seconds. 'Now what?' I think to myself.

Being awake while being asleep is bucking weird. Hmmm, I imagine an obstacle course with hoops, sharp turns, walls and moving objects all made from solid cloud, and to my surprise they appear in the sky.

I grin as I crouch down, then unlock and spread my Archwings. I burst forward and blow a hole in the cloud I was just standing on.

POV: Luna / Location: Equus - Rainbow Dash's Mind

What's this? A pony is having a lucid dream? I enter the dream where I'm met with the most beautiful clear blue sky I've ever seen.

I then hear a humming sound above me, I look up to see the the armour Rainbow Dash was using earlier with metal wings but coloured differently. They're flying through hoops and walls and then dodging moving objects with great speed and control. Not even my sister and I can fly like that.

POV: Rainbow Dash / Location: Equus - Rainbow Dash's Mind

I pass through the first hoop with ease and continue through the hoops doing barrel rolls and loop de loops, I go through the last loop and then weave in and out between the walls.

I've never been able to turn this easily before! I can perform ninety degree turns effortlessly now at break neck speeds! I pass the last wall and enter the moving objects section. Large balls, cubes and pole shaped clouds move and rotate as I fly past them almost getting hit a few times. I come out the other side after a few close calls but I land victoriously!

"That was AWESOME! Kinda wanna do it again!" I say to myself. I hear somepony clopping their hooves behind me, I turn around to see Princess Luna sitting there looking at me.

"Huzzah! That was most impressive!" she says.

"Princess?" I ask confused. Wait what did Karn tell me to do if she showed up? Erm. Oh right, kick her out, but first I have to know why she's here. "What are you doing here, Princess?" I ask her.

"Is that you, Rainbow Dash?" she replies.

"Yeah, now what are you doing here?" I ask again.

"This is certainly strange. You are the first pony to have a perfect lucid dream in nearly two decades," she replies looking around.

Karn's right, she wants something. "Really? Huh, well you still haven't answered my question," I tell her.

She looks back to me and sighs. "We wish to know if you'll help us with a secret mission, Rainbow Dash," she says.

"What mission?" I ask hesitantly.

"We shall tell you after you agree to help us," she replies sternly.

I frown behind my helmet. "Then no, I wont help you. If that's all you've got to say then leave," I tell her and I imagine a door to her left which opens up.

She also frowns as she looks at the door and then looks back to me. "You are a citizen of Equestria and your Princess has called for your aid. Equestria is on the brink of war and you wish to stand by the sidelines while it gets invaded?" she asks, I think she's trying to intimidate me.

Am I a citizen of Equestria anymore though? Sure it's my home, but now that I'm a Tenno, my responsibility is to protect its ponies, not to the Princesses.

I walk up to her and get right in her face, which is not hard to do in this new body. "I'm a Tenno now. I will protect Equestria should it come under attack, but I will follow Karn's rules and not attack unless provoked!" I yell at her, spreading my wings wide and making them hum loudly.

She leans her head back in surprise. "But you could end a war before it even begins!" she argues.

"Or I could end up starting one! Whatever it is you want me to do, forget it!.. I think you should leave," I say pointing towards the door. Karn was right, this does ruin your mood, I even notice storm clouds gathering over head.

She then scowls at me. "You dare speak to us in such a manner! Tenno or not, we art still thy Princess!" she says as her horn starts to glow.

I don't know why, but my instincts are screaming at me. I imagine those two swords Karn used against those manticores and they appear in my hands, I then hold them at her throat like a pair of scissors, the whole process only took a second or two. "Not if you'd try to force me to do something that could endanger Equestria or my friends!" I say coldly.

Her eyes widen and her horn stops glowing. "Leave... Now," I tell her. I swear I can see her sweating.

She backs up and quickly walks through the door without a word.

I blink as my thoughts go blank... What did I just do?

POV: Luna / Location: Equus - Canterlot Castle

I awoke in a cold sweat. Again I felt that fear from when Karn gripped my throat. I breathe heavily as I try to calm down. I need to tell Tia about this.

I get out of bed and run down the hall to Tia's room and knock loudly. The guards by the door look very confused.

"Alright! Alright! I'm up, I'm up," Tia says behind the doors. The doors open up to a tired looking Tia. "Lulu? what's the matter?" she asks and then yawns.

"Can we come inside? Tis urgent," I ask quietly.

"Errm, of course," she steps aside to let me in. I walk in and sit on one of her cushions. "Luna what's wrong? You're shaking like a leaf," she asks with worry.

I didn't notice but she's right, I'm shaking badly. "We talked to Rainbow Dash just now," I tell her.

"About what?" she asks.

"I tried to see if she could... remove the Gryphon King before a war could break out," I tell her.

If she wasn't awake before, she is now. "You. Did. What?" she asks sternly.

I think I am in trouble.

POV: Rainbow Dash / Location: Equus - Sweet Apple Acres

I yawn as I wake up, I feel very grumpy after Luna's visit to my dream... I need something with a lot of sugar in it...

I get up and take a quick shower, I look outside and notice that the sun isn't even up yet, and yet I feel more rested than I usually do getting up this early.

I pour myself a bowl of cereal and quickly munch it down. Once finished, I drop the bowl in the sink and head out to Karn's ship.

The ship comes into view and I land beside it. I see Karn outside not in a Warframe while he's watching the flying metal thingies as they build the building.

I walk up beside him and he doesn't even turn to me.

"Good morning, Rainbow. I'm glad to see you arrived early, let's get you into the Zephyr and Archwings so we can begin," he tells me and turns towards his ship.

We enter where I see his table with the metal arm building something as we pass by. I sit in his chair and after a few seconds, I'm back in the Warframe.

We step outside and the Archwings are then attached to me.

"Hold your hands out," he tells me.

"Oooookay," I slowly reply and do as he said.

He then attaches two metal plates onto the back of my hands.

"These are called Venkas, they're retractable claws that operate with a thought, so just imagine three blades coming out of each of them," he tells me.

I do so and six blades spring out with an awesome 'shwing' sound. "Oh wow! That's so cool," I say and hold them up so I can see them closer.

"Just imagine them retracting and they will, I'm giving these to you so you're not defenceless and can protect yourself for now. Now I want you to start flying around the town to continue to get used to the Archwings for a few hours before we begin the Warframe and Archwing's functions," he tells me.

I can feel myself smile and I salute at him. "Okay!" I reply which gets him to chuckle.

After that I retract the claws, take off, and fly over towards Sweet Apple Acres.

POV: Applejack / Location: Equus - Sweet Apple Acres

I wake up nice an early for today's harvest as the apples are ripe and ready for bucking. I get out of bed and pop a few stiff joints. i think I might need a new bed.

I trot down stairs and start on breakfast. Big Mac joins me a few minutes later and helps with making breakfast. Applebloom and Granny Smith then come down just as breakfast is ready.

We all eat our fill and go about our chores. Applebloom goes to school, Granny starts on her famous apple pies for supper, Big Mac heads out to plow the fields for planting corn while I head out to the northern orchard. I'm pulling a cart with empty baskets when a loud humming noise fills the air.

"What in Equestria is that?" I ask myself looking up to see a red trail flying towards me. I then hear screams coming from the CMC's clubhouse. "APPLEBLOOM!" I yell in fear for her and her friends safety before galloping off to them.

POV: Rainbow Dash / Location: Equus - Sweet Apple Acres

I grin as I fly by Sweet Apple Acres, right over AJ and towards Ponyville, when high pitched screams fills the air. I stop and look around. "What was that?" I ask myself.

"I believe that was children screaming, Miss Dash," Ordis replies.

"GAH! ORDIS! Don't scare me like that!.. Wait how are you talking to me?" I ask forgetting about the screams.

"Through your Warframe's communication module..." he replies but goes silent.

"Ordis? What's wrong?" I ask.

"Infested detected nearby. Location has been marked on your map," he warns me.

"Infested? Wait, you mean the virus!?" I look to my left where a yellow diamond shaped mark is pointing to.

"Miss Dash, Karn is busy at the moment and will take a few minutes to get there, you are the closest one at the moment and it might be too late before you can return so the Operator can takeover the Warframe. You have to go and neutralize the Infected creature before it spreads," he tells me.

Right, I'm a Tenno now. I can do this! "Right! let's fly!" I yell.

I fly towards the mark and see the CMC running from what looks like three changelings... but they're covered in that nasty orange and blue stuff. The yellow mark turns into three red ones. "Targets marked," Ordis says.

Without thinking, I shoot forward leaving a current of air following behind me as I feel energy flow through me. I break the sound barrier and slam into the changeling in front crushing it and making a small crater.

"APPLEBLOOM!" I hear AJ call out. I ignore them and stand up on my legs as I extend the Venka Claws, I swipe at the left changeling slicing clean through its head, cutting off the top with two slabs in between the blades.

The one on the right then leaps at me, I fly up out of its reach and feel a surge of power as I dive down with my claws pointing at it. I slam into the changeling and pierce its spine. It collapses but its head and forelegs are still moving. I turn around and stab it in the head a few times in rapid succession.

Once it stops moving I start to calm down and retract my claws. I just killed something, and I don't feel bad about it...

"Scanning... No further infestation detected," Ordis says.

"Thank ya so much fer yer help," AJ says to me.

"Yeah, no problem, AJ," I reply casually.

"Rainbow!? Is that you?" she asks with shock and starts walking over to me.

"STOP!" I shout at her. "Stay back or these things will infect you!" I warn her.

She opens her mouth to reply but Karn's smaller ship hovers above us as the bottom rotates showing Karn attached to the bottom. He drops down and slowly descends to the ground.

POV: Karn / Location: Equus - Sweet Apple Acres

"Rainbow are you alright?" I ask her.

"Yeah I'm fine, so is Applejack and the others," she says pointing at the four ponies.

"Good, stand still," I tell her.

"Okay?" she replies confused.

I use my void energy to destroy the technocyte on her Warframe and then burn the changeling corpses. The orange one then starts talking to Rainbow.

"Erm, Applejack says thank you," she tells me.

"For what? You're the one that saved them," I reply.

"Yeah, but you're the one who made me what I am now. So in a way, you helped save them as well," she says in a happy tone.

"So I see from the damage you did to them that you've managed to use those Venkas well... Oh by the way, what was your first lucid meditation like?" I ask her, wanting to know if Luna showed up or not mostly.

"Oh, I was practising my flying some more in this Warframe and wings through an obstacle course before Luna showed up," she tells me.

"Yeah, I thought she'd visit you." I cross my arms over my chest. "What did she want?" I ask.

"She wanted me to go on a secret mission to Gryphonia... to end a war before it even started. You were right by the way, she ruined my mood as well," she says sourly.

"And I take it you told her no and kicked her out?" I ask.

"Yup, though I think she'll be mad at me. Probably Celestia as well if Luna tells her," she replied.

"Good, that'll show that we can't be intimidated or forced to do something we won't do," I say. "Take a few hours to calm down, your Warframe is shaking from the adrenaline your real body is feeling from your fight. We'll start your training then," I tell her as Ordis lands.

"Okay," she replies.

We enter my Orbiter and Rainbow leaves back in her body, I then head back to the plains to continue construction on the Dojo in my Vauban Warframe.

POV: Rainbow Dash/ Location: Equus - Sweet Apple Acres

"So how's your morning been so far?" I ask AJ.

She just stares at me for a few seconds. "Could'a been better," she replies drily looking at the burnt husks of the changelings.

The CMC walk up to me with wide eyes. "That was sooo cool! You're like a super hero now!" Scoots says with excitement.

Yeah, I guess I kinda am, I pat her on the head with a smile and turn to Applejack. "AJ, I need to talk to you and the others about something. It's important," I tell her.

I then see Big Mac running over to us. "Ya'll alright!?" he shouts to us.

"We're fine, Mac! RD here saved us!" AJ shouts back.

Big Mac trots over once he's close enough and stands beside AJ. "Rainbow Dash? Last ah remember she was shorter," he says looking me over.

I snort unamused. "Yeah well, I had a bit of a growth spurt," I reply. He raises his right eye brow.

"So what did you want' ta talk to us about?" AJ asks.

"Karn wants to make more ponies into Tenno to fight what you just saw," I tell her.

"And what's that got to do with us?" she asks again.

"I suggested that the Elements would be good choices," I reply.

She thinks for a few seconds before she gets it. "Wait, you want us to be like you and him as well?" she asks surprised.

"You girls are the ones I trust the most and he only wants those he can trust to help. Luna tried to get me to do something for her and because of that, Karn doesn't trust her anymore, so the royal guard is out of the question," I tell her.

She looks down and then to Applebloom.

POV: Applejack / Location: Equus - Sweet Apple Acres

I look to Applebloom and think. If it weren't for Dash, she and the others would be dead right now... Or one of those things, and I would've been powerless to do anything about it. If I become like Dash, ah could keep my family safe. I look to Mac and see a similar expression of thought on his face.

I look back to Dash. "Even if ah did decide to join ya, who would look after the farm?" I ask her.

"Karn has those harvesting thingies! Maybe he can give you some for the farm?" she replies.

I look to Mac and see him nod at me. "Ah'll join," he says to Dash.

"WHAT!?" I shout out in shock.

"Ah almost jus' lost you both, ah'm not going ta sit back an' let it happen again," he tells me.

How can he decide just like that? What about the farm? And Granny?

"Great! I'll tell Karn when I see him later. I'm going to go get Pinkie and Fluttershy. AJ, can you and Mac get Rarity and meet me at Twilight's?" she asks us.

"Eeyup," Mac replies. I just stand there like I just got bucked in the gut.

Big mac tells the CMC to go back in the house and that he'll tell Cheerilee about what happened later. Mac then starts to pull me towards town.

After a minute or two, I finally have enough sense to speak. "W-What are you thinking! How can ya just decide to up and join 'em like that?" I ask him.

"We lost Ma an Pa because we were too helpless to do anything. Ah'm not about to let the same happen ta you, Bloom, or Granny," he replies.

I frown sadly and look out to the orchard. He does have a point.

POV: Rainbow Dash / Location: Equus - Ponyville - Sugarcube Corner

I fly back to town and enter Sugarcube Corner to find Pinkie. I look around and see Mrs Cake at the counter.

"Oh hello, Rainbow Dash. Can I help you?" she asks with a raised eyebrow at me.

"Hi, Mrs Cake. Is Pinkie here?" I ask her.

"My, what happened to you? You're taller now, and more muscular!" she asks with surprise.

I spread my left wing out where it's a good three hoofs longer. "Oh erm... I've been training harder," I reply with a chuckle.

"I see, as for Pinkie, she's in her room upstairs," she tells me.

"Sweet, thanks!" I say and head up the stairs, I then knock on Pinkies door.

"Come in!" Pinkie says in a sing song tone.

I open the door and walk inside. "Hiya, Dashie! Wow, you're looking buff!" she says poking me in the chest.

I chuckle a bit from her antics. "Can you meet me and the others at the Library? I've got something important to tell you," I say.

"Okie Dokie Lokie, Dashie!" she replies and bounces out of the room. Well that was easy.

I head back down stairs where Mrs. Cake is still at the counter. "See ya later, Mrs Cake!" I say and wave goodbye to her.

"Goodbye, Rainbow, oh! Those muffins you wanted will be ready at around four o'clock," she tells me with a smile.

"Alright, I'll be here then!" I reply and leave the shop. I then fly towards Fluttershy's cottage and land in front of the door and knock.

POV: Fluttershy / Location: Equus - Ponyville - Fluttershy's Cottage

"Now angel, you need to eat everything if you want to grow big and strong," I coo to him. He's being stubborn again and refusing to eat his piece of cabbage.

He picks it up and throws it at my chest. "Angel! That's not very nice!" I scold him. He just crosses his little arms and frowns at me.

My reply was interrupted by a knock at the door. "I wonder who that could be?" During my distraction, Angel hopped away.

I open the door to see who it was. "Oh, hello, Rainbow," I greet her.

"Hi, Flutters. I need to talk to you with the others at the Library, it's important," she tells me.

"What's so important that you need all of us?" I ask her.

"I'll tell ya with the others, Just come back to the Library with me," she replies.

My right flank starts itching again from where that sick badger I caught bit me five minutes ago.

POV: Rainbow Dash / Location: Equus - Ponyville - Fluttershy's Cottage

"You alright?" I ask her. She's been scratching her flank for a while now.

"Oh I'm fine, just a small bite form a sick badger I caught earlier."

I raise an eyebrow and look behind Fluttershy to see a badger with some orange and blue lumps on it in a wooden cage, I notice all the other animals are staying far away from it.

"FLUTTERSHY! GET BEHIND ME QUICKLY!" I yell at her which she 'Eeeps' in reply.

I rush past her and fly above the cage. The badger hisses and starts to spit these small little needles or spikes at me through the small gaps of its cage. I quickly avoid them and slam down onto the cage and crush the badger inside. Fluttershy screams in horror and passes out.

I look to Fluttershy and see a small orange and blue lump on her right flank.

Oh no.

POV: Karn / Location: Equus - Fluttershy's Cottage

Ordis has alerted me about a nearby infection signal, so we're now heading towards the location.

We land and I head out with my weapons at the ready. I see Rainbow holding a writhing Fluttershy in her forelegs. "KARN! You need to help her! An infected animal bit her!" Rainbow says to me, sounds like she's crying.

I quickly burn the animal's corpse, cage and all. I pick Fluttershy up and then bring her inside the Orbiter. I hold her down and once again without hesitation, I inject her with the serum.

Her eyes snap open as a silent scream leaves her mouth. Unlike Rainbow, Fluttershy doesn't build any extra muscle, she does get taller but more slender and her turquoise eyes start to show small strands of orange. About a minute later she stops squirming.

"Is she okay?" Rainbow asks me with worry.

"I don't know, we'll just have to wait and see," I tell her. The chances of mutation are higher if you've been infected already. Rainbow got out lucky.

We wait for a few minutes and Fluttershy's eyes open slowly. "Oooohh, my head hurts," she says quietly.

"Fluttershy! You're alright!" Rainbow says, trying not to cry again.

"Wha... What happened?" she asks as she slowly sits up.

"Operator, the serum has successfully adapted to her DNA, the Technocyte Virus has been neutralised," Ordis tells us.

Rainbow breaths out a sigh of relief. "Thank Celestia you're okay!" she says, even Nightshade is standing beside Fluttershy whimpering slightly.

"As to your question, you were infected. Just like Rainbow was," I tell her.

Her eyes widen. "You c-can talk? B-But then that means..." she looks up at me and whimpers.

Rainbow wraps one of her forelegs around Fluttershy's neck. "It's going to be alright shy," she says.

After a minute of silence, Fluttershy speaks. "Y-You killed him..." she quietly says to Rainbow.

I place my right hand on her shoulder. "Fluttershy, Rainbow had no choice. If she didn't, the virus would have started to spread to the other animals as well," I tell her.

"What?" she asks at me with horrified eyes.

"Once it takes over, it's almost near impossible to cure. The only thing you can do is put it out of its misery," I reply.

She looks like she's about to cry but Rainbow hugs her. "I'm sorry," Rainbow tells her sadly.

After a few seconds Fluttershy looks at Rainbow. "It's okay. I understand," she says and hugs her back.

I kneel down beside her. "Fluttershy," I say and she looks at me. "You have to make a choice now. Do you want to return to your life or help us fight the virus as a Tenno?" I ask her.

She looks scared. "B-But I don't want to fight," she says.

I place my right hand on my chin in thought. "Hmmmm, actually there is a way you could help without fighting," I say to her.

"What's that?" she asks.

"I have a couple of Warframes that might suit you called, Trinity and Titania. The Trinity specialises in healing and restoring abilities. It can restore energy, reflect damage against it back to up to three enemies linked to it, repair itself and other Warframes while also incapacitating a couple of enemies. The Titania is a fairy based Warframe that can incapacitate enemies without damage, she can draw out the energy from her targets to enhance herself, force them to gather to an enemy of her choice before they detonate and utilise small drones called razorflies that look like metal butterflies while she can also shrink herself down to the size of a pixie and fly with her built in Archwings, but they'll drain the frame's energy to maintain the size and flight, she also has a pair of her own built in weapons," I tell her.

"Yeah! They sound perfect for her!" Rainbow says with a grin.

"I-I don't know... What if I just get in the way?" Fluttershy asks.

"That's what training is for," I tell her.

"Think of it this way, Shy. If you become a Tenno, you'll be able to keep all of your animal friends safe," Rainbow says. I think she's trying to convince her with her animals, and by the look on Fluttershy's face, it's working.

"What do you mean?" she asks.

"If one of your animals has already been infected, who's to say more won't be as well?" Rainbow says making Fluttershy gasp.

"No!" she says and then turns to me. "I don't want my friends getting hurt!" she pleads.

"Then the only thing I can suggest is you train as a Tenno and protect them yourself," I tell her.

She then looks down in thought. After a few seconds she looks back up at me. "I'll do it, if it means my little friends won't get hurt again I'll do it," she tells me and I smile at her. Nightshade just nuzzles Fluttershy which she returns the gesture.

I just had a thought. "Fluttershy, would you like your own Kubrow? I have an egg in stasis that you can hatch," I ask her.

She gasps and looks at me. "Oh yes! I would like that very much!" she replies with glee.

"Karn, we need to go to Twilight's Library, the others are there waiting for us," Rainbow says.

"For what?" I ask.

"To decide if they want to be a Tenno or not," she replies.

"I see, let's go then," I say. "Ordis, set destination for the town Library."

"I do not know where that is, Operator," he replies.

"Don't worry! Just follow me!" Rainbow says.

She leaves the Orbiter and hovers in the air.

Ordis follows Rainbow over the town until we reached a large tree with balconies and windows around it, we land behind it and step out. We're greeted by Twilight and a few others waiting outside.

There's the white and purple one, the pink energetic one, a large red one just bigger than the others, Applejack, and for some reason, that white and blue one that trapped me in that bubble from the Capital.

POV: Twilight Sparkle / Location: Equus - Ponyville Library

We gasp as we see Fluttershy leave the ship, Rarity faints as her couch appears out of nowhere and she lands on it. Fluttershy looks like a yellow Cadence! We then all run over to her. "Fluttershy! What happened to you? Why are you taller?.. Wait, don't tell me he also gave you an injection!" I ask.

She talks, but it's in Karn's language. Everyponies eyes go wide as we look up at her.

"Karn had no choice, Twilight!" Dash tells me. "One of her animals was infected and it bit her. It was either inject her or let her become one of them!"

If that's true then it was a good thing he injected her. I then look Fluttershy over, she's taller then us by a few inches and she looks even prettier than before. If she didn't like being a model before, she has the body of a professional now. Her eyes also have those orange strands in them like Karn and Dash.

"I guess we should go inside. I think we're drawing too much attention," I say, looking around as ponies are staring at Fluttershy with they're jaws agape.

We head inside and I lock the door, close the blinds, and light a candle on the table. "So what happened exactly?" I ask Dash as Rarity comes to.

"I went to get Shy to bring her here while Ordis also warned Karn about an infected nearby," she says.

"Wait, who's Ordis?" I ask.

"Oh, that's the name of Karn's ship. Did you know his ship is alive?" she tells me.

My mouth opens but no words come out. Did she just say his ship is alive? That does explain how it can fly without a pilot! I'll ask about that later. "Then what happened?" I ask.

"Erm, I ran past Fluttershy and... killed the badger as it was spitting these little needles at me," she says which makes Fluttershy sniffle a bit, Rarity moves and sits beside Fluttershy giving her a gentle hug. "She passed out and I saw that she was infected. Karn then rushed over, burnt the badger's body and injected her to save her," she finishes.

"So what are these injections?" My brother asks.

Rainbow turns to Karn which irritates Shining. After a short talk she turns back to us. "I'm not allowed to say," she says.

Shining snorts and glares at Karn. "And why not?" he asks irritated.

Again they talk and again Shining is glaring. Dash turns back to him. "The Princesses," my eyes widen at the accusation.

"The Princesses wouldn't abuse that knowledge!" I say in they're defence.

"Oh really? Then how do you explain Luna asking me to attack Gryphonia in my dream last night?" she asks coldly.

"W-What?" I ask shocked. Dash then looks to Shining.

"Want to tell us about this war with Gryphonia soldier colt?" she asks Shining with a glare.

Shining looks surprised for a second but quickly recovers. "What war? Maybe you just dreamed that all up," he says.

"I can't dream anymore," Rainbow tells him. "Because of the injection, I have complete control over my 'dreams' now."

That's... That's amazing! She can now control her dreams? The more I hear about these Tenno the more I want to learn. Shining now looks worried.

"If you don't believe me then ask Luna yourself. Ask her if she spoke to me about a secret mission and see if she reacts to it," she tells him. "Now if you're done asking questions, I want to get to why I asked you all here," she says and turns to Karn, Fluttershy just listens to them, I wish I could understand what they're saying.

Dash then turns back to us. "There's a virus spreading in the Everfree Forest and It's taking over anything it touches. So far we've seen manticores, timberwolves, changelings, and small animals infected by it. It also tried to get me and Fluttershy," she tells us.

"I'm going to fight it with Karn, I'm asking if any of you would help us protect Ponyville and Equestria by destroying it," she asks.

We then all look at each other. "What makes you think the royal guards can't handle this?" Shining asks with a challenging tone.

"Fluttershy got infected by a little bite. I have to use one of Karn's Warframes just to fight them, I'm lucky that badger didn't hit me with those needles. What do the guard have? Compared to Karn's Warframes, the guards armour and weapons might as well be tinfoil," Dash retorts.

"Then why can't he just give us some of these weapons and Warframes so we can fight it ourselves?" Shining asks.

"Because Karn believes you'd use them against other nations, like Gryphonia, to have the upper hoof," Dash replies with narrowed eyes.

Shining is actually gritting his teeth. "Well excuse me for wanting to make sure Equestria stays safe! And he," he says pointing at Karn. "has the means to ensure it!"

"Maybe, but what would happen if it fell into the wrong hooves? Do you want to fight an army armed with the stuff he's got?" Dash says. No offence to Rainbow but, when has she ever been this smart? That got Shining to shut up. "Now then, who want's to help us? I've asked you girls... and Mac, because Karn asked for those he can trust. And I trust you all with my life," Dash says making a few of us smile. Shining just crosses his forelegs and humpfs.

"Ah'll help ya," Big Mac says with conviction.

"I will too," Fluttershy says in Equestrian this time, leaving us shocked. She wants to fight?

"Ooooh, buck it. Ah'll help too," Applejack says with a sigh.

"Oh oh oh! Me too! Sounds like it could be fun!" Pinkie says, she thinks fighting will be fun?

"I don't know darlings, I'm not one for violence. Also thank you for saving Sweetie Belle, Rainbow," Rarity says, but I can see her looking at Fluttershy's new physique with envy.

"Think of it this way. You could be the first pony to design a stylish Warframe and protect your sister yourself." Dash says, to which Rarity bites her bottom lip.

"W-Well, that does sound tempting, and I can't bare the thought of Sweetie getting hurt or, worse," she says.

"What about you, Twi?" Dash asks.

Shining looks at me as if saying 'Don't even think about it!'. I really do want to learn more and if being one of these Tenno means I can then... "I'm sorry, Shiny, but we have to do this. We're the Elements of Harmony, It's our responsibility to protect Equestria from any threat or evil," I tell him.

"You can't be serious!" he shouts at me with wide eyes.

I give him the most determined expression I could. "I'm more serious than I've ever been," I reply.

"How do we know he's not just trying to build a force to take over! How can you trust him so easily!" he yells.

"Shiny, if he wanted to take over, he could have done it during the changeling invasion when we were at our weakest. Why are you so against him?" I ask my brother.

He frowns and looks at Karn, who's just sitting there with that blank helmet of his looking at us.

"I don't know, Twily. Since the whole changeling invasion and Chrysalis' mind control, I've just been jumpy. Now with the threat of war from the gryphons... I guess I'm just getting stressed out," he replies with a sigh.

"It's alright, Shiny. Maybe you should go back to Canterlot and get some rest with Cadence. Celestia knows you could use a break," I tell him.

"Yeah, I guess you're right," he says and stands up. He then walks over to Karn. "Rainbow Dash, tell him he better look after Twily and the others, or he'll have me to answer to!" Shining says sternly, though Karn doesn't even budge at his harsh tone.

Rainbow I guess is telling him that. Karn looks from Dash to Shining and nodded to him. Shining nodded in return and heads for the door.

"So, we all agree to help then?" Dash asks as the door closes.

Everypony looks to each other and agrees.