• Published 2nd Feb 2015
  • 9,640 Views, 774 Comments

Warframe: Equestria - Urimas Ebonheart



Karn, is one of the oldest Tenno to still live. But is betrayed by one of the newer Tenno, Greavus. His ship was damaged during his chase for Greavus, but ended up crash landing on Equestria.

  • ...
35
 774
 9,640

Prologue: Betrayal

Warframe: Equestria
Prologue: Betrayal

POV: Karn / Location: Saturn - Grineer Ship Tethys

Greavus and I were ordered to assassinate a Grineer General who destroyed a new colony we had set up on Earth, a hope of reclaiming the planet from the Grineer who have destroyed or conquered everything they could since the fall of the Orokin.

We've made it to the last room after killing almost half of the ship's crew, the General's room. I was never the stealthy type, I prefer force over subtlety.

"You ready?" I ask Greavus, he just nodded in reply. I don't know why but I don't feel comfortable around him, his new Nekros warframe should never have been made in my opinion. It desecrates the dead, reanimating them with nerve controlling nano-machines to fight at his command, both friend and foe alike.

We check our weapons; my Soma Machine Gun has a full magazine and five spare, my Lex Pistol on my right thigh with ten magazines left, a Heat Dagger on my left thigh and my melee weapon the, Galatine Greatsword, all heavily modified. The Soma has increased rate of fire and recoil reduction with augmented bullets to increase damage with thermal tipped caps. The Lex has denser rounds for additional penetration with corrosive tipped Ferrite bullets and extended magazines from six shots to ten shots. The Heat Dagger has a thermal booster enabling it to melt through almost anything. The Galatine has a reinforced blade made from alloy plating giving it a sharp edge, it also has the ability to leech the life force of those it cuts while I channel energy through it.

Greavus has an Ether Reaper Scythe, a Bolto Pistol and a Latron Rifle, I don't know what modifications he has on them but once we finished checking our gear over we slip inside.

I had to leave my Dethcube Sentinel and Sunika Kubrow named Nightshade back on my Orbiter, they were not the quietest around and are the kill first ask later type.

We see the General talking to a display console with another Grineer, something about a Tenno traitor working with them. That's not good, the grineer have been trying to get Tenno tech for awhile now to adapt it to their own.

I look at Greavus and nodded to him, signalling that I'm ready. He nodded in return and we charge at the General.

Only to have Greavus knock my feet out from under me and point his Latron rifle at me. The noise alerts the General to our presence, but the grin on his face doesn't show any surprise, in fact he looks very happy.

"My my, its about time you arrived, Tenno. I was wondering if you would betray our deal," he said in a robotic tone.

That's when it hit me, Greavus is the Traitor they were talking about back there. My rage rises, betraying your brothers and sisters within the Tenno is a crime unforgivable, and to betray them for the Grineer just makes it worse.

I roar out in anger as the energy within my Warframe increases my strength. I firmly plant my feet into the floor leaving small dents and charge forward into the General hitting his midsection, ripping him in half.

There's one thing I've always done, finish the job. With that out of the way I turn to Greavus, only to find him gone.

A voice speaks up through my comms, it's Lotus. "Tenno, you cannot allow Greavus to escape. He has forsaken his oaths and must not be allowed to leave with the knowledge he has. Your mission priorities have changed, find Greavus, and kill him," she says with a slightly hurt tone in her voice.

I've known Lotus for centuries, she's like a mother to all Tenno, hearing her in sorrow enrages me further. "As you command," I reply and storm out of the room, heading back towards the Lisets to hopefully catch his warframe before he takes off with it.

Grineer are swarming the hallways, I draw my Lex and start shooting the Grineer down, The heavy magnum calibre pistol blowing fist sized holes through their armour. Five, ten, twenty, fifty they just keep coming. I've used six magazines for my pistol already and my shields are about to break, I focus my energy and with a roar, a coating of condensed void energy covers my Warframe making it look like plates of iron.

The Grineer bullets bounce off my Warframe, chipping away at the coating but it gives my shields time to recharge. I switch out to my Soma and gun down the Grineer in my path with its hundred-round capacity magazine. At this rate, Greavus will have escaped before I can kill him. The Warframe is just a techno-organic humanoid battle frame where its operator is connected to it via Somatic Link, so why hasn't he left the Warframe behind and left already? Does he still need that frame?

The Grineer are starting to surround me, I pour what little energy I have left into a mighty stomp. The shockwave shatters the Grineers legs and suspends them in the air, the ones it doesn't kill I quickly gun down.

I have three magazines left for the Soma so I switch to my Heat Dagger as the halls are too narrow to use my Galatine in.

A Grineer Scorpion fires her grappling hook at me which I catch and give a hard pull, she trips and slides towards me where I plant my dagger into her back with a hiss of burnt flesh and melting metal.

I continue down the hall downing many Grineer on the way, I finally reach the Lisets to see Greavus just about to enter his. I use the remainder of my energy to charge him and slam him into the wall, he recovers from the blow and counters with his soul punch ability, making a fist of void energy and slamming it into me with great force.

I fly across the room and hit the far wall leaving a me-sized-dent. Still stuck in the wall, I quickly draw my Lex and fire six rounds into his chest. The first four shots drain his shield while the other two sunk into him as the bullets' corrosive toxins eat through his Warframe.

His frame twitches and he clutches his chest as his left hand points to the dead Grineer in the hallway, a dark mist of nano-machines flows from him to the corpses which rise up again with a black aura around them.

Pulling myself out of the wall I draw my Galatine since I have enough room in here, the corpses rush at me, but I cut them down easily enough.

Once the last one fell, I hear a noise behind me. I turn to see Greavus's Warframe still functioning and boarding his Liset, I quickly get to mine and give chase, we jump back to our Orbiters where he gets in his first and fires a shot at my Liset, hitting one of the jump drives.

"Operator, the Liset's jump drive has been damaged," my Orbiter's on board cephalon named Ordis informs me.

"Noted, get the orbiter's jump drive ready!" I order him and he complies as my Liset docks into the orbiter. My Kubrow Nightshade barks happily upon seeing me but I ignore him for now, "Ordis, follow him! We can't let him get away!"

The console comes to life and a voice responds. "Yes, Operator." And with that we fly after him, but before I could enter the Void to follow, the Grineer ship we attacked jumps nearby and gets a shot off which hits my Orbiter's jump drive, we're blown off course as we enter the Void.

When we leave the void we're heading towards a bright planet similar to Earth, Greavus is nowhere in sight. "Operator, the main thrusters have been destroyed and we are being pulled towards the unknown planet. I recommend strapping in, prepare for an emergency landing," Ordis warns me.

I make my way over to Nightshade and strapped him down in his pod and harness, once that was done I lock my Warframe into my armoury and the Somatic Link Seat I'm sitting in the back of my Orbiter encloses and locks me in place.

The temperature increases as we enter the atmosphere.

POV: Twilight Sparkle / Location: Equus - Canterlot

I knew that wasn't Cadence and now my friends and I are fighting our way to get to the Elements before it's too late. Changelings have surrounded us and everypony is tired, my magic is running low and the way to the Elements is just crawling with them.

With a sad expression I look up to the sky, "I'm sorry, Princess, we failed. We'll need a miracle to help us now," I say as a tear rolls down my cheek, but just as I was about to give up hope, a light in the sky is heading towards the city in a ball of fire.

Is Princess Luna throwing meteors at the city? No wait, there's something metallic in it, my friends all look up at the falling object with awe and fear, a few Changelings turn to see what we're looking at and also look worried, some even afraid.

We just stand there and after a minute or two, the very large metallic object hits thirty or so metres away from us into a few houses. The shockwave it generated knocks both us and the changelings off our hooves and shatters the windows on the surrounding buildings.

When the dust settled it looks like some kind of large black metal vehicle, but I've never seen anything like it before and it looks way too advanced to be anything on Equus.

A few changelings slowly approached it, the metal on it quickly cools off as jets of what looks like steam are expelled from small vents that opened up on its sides.

After a few seconds a door on the side opens up and a tall black and red bipedal creature steps out wielding a massive sword, a dagger and other... I have no idea what they are on its hip and back. Whatever it is, it looks a lot more intimidating than the Changelings, following it out is a black furred quadruped the size of Big Mac standing to its right growling, it kind of looks like a diamond dog but on all fours. Floating to its left is a small object just slightly bigger than its head.

I can't see its face due to its helmet, at least I think its a helmet. Its head looks around at the Changelings and then to us, I can't tell but I think it's confused.

After what felt like an hour a Changeling hisses and dives at the creature, the floating object lets out a loud repeating popping sound as light flashes from the tip on its front and the changeling is filled with holes that leak out its green blood.

Fluttershy screams as a Changeling attacks her, but before we could help her the quadruped runs over with lightning speed and bites into the Changeling's neck and chomps down, ripping its head off.

The quadruped stands guard over our trembling friend as five more Changelings leap at the biped, but with one swing of its sword, they're all cut in half. Just what in Equestria is this thing?

POV: Karn / Location: Equus - Canterlot

Well this is certainly not what I was expecting, I can already tell these black insect like creatures are hostile, but I've never seen Nightshade protect someone he doesn't know, he never befriends anyone at first meetings.

I look over the rest of the Insects and take a step forward, they seem too hesitant to attack again, good thing I set my sentinel to guard mode or it would have continued to fire at them. Nightshade is just standing over the yellow and pink equine growling at the insects, daring them to get closer.

The purple one is staring right at me with a pleading expression and a desperate whinny, I've been through enough defence missions to know what's going on here, it's an invasion.

I recharged my Warframe's energy when it was docked to my armoury so I gather some energy and roar out causing the insects to cower away while filling me and Nightshade with a boost of strength. I switch my sentinel into attack mode and leap into the air, I then bring my Galatine down onto a bunch of the insects.

The ones at the impact zone are instantly crushed or sliced and the ones around it are thrown back, I start to swing my sword left and right carving into the black swarm, I just then notice that small green bolts of energy are hitting me, slowly chipping away at my shields.

With another roar I coat myself in my iron skin and sprint for the nearest group of clustered insects before sliding on my knees, once I get into range I twist my body into a full three-sixty swing slaughtering at least twenty of the bugs with the wide arc of my sword.

Nightshade is tearing into the hostile bugs savagely, I made sure to upgrade his shielding collar so he can take quite a few hits before he has to retreat. He has more shielding than I do, still I'd prefer he had is armour on right now.

My sentinel is also mowing down these bugs left and right. After a minute of fighting my sentinel's gun clicks signalling its empty, I leap back and crouch forward as my Dethcube latches onto my back where I keep a spare magazine with five hundred rounds for it. Once reloaded it detaches and continues to rain death on them.

After another two minutes of fighting the insects retreat to a tall castle or palace like structure, I turn to the six equines where Nightshade is now nuzzling the yellow one, I'd have thought it was cute if he didn't have a reputation to uphold.

I walk over to them after sheathing my Galatine onto my back and switching my sentinel to standby mode, all but the purple one shy away from me as what's left of my iron skin crumbles away.

"Greetings, I am Karn, a Tenno of the Lotus order," I greet the purple equine through my Warframe.

It just tilts its head to the side and makes a few neighs and whinnies... Well, this just got awkward.

Author's Note:

And thus the rewrite begins.