• Published 2nd Feb 2015
  • 9,640 Views, 774 Comments

Warframe: Equestria - Urimas Ebonheart



Karn, is one of the oldest Tenno to still live. But is betrayed by one of the newer Tenno, Greavus. His ship was damaged during his chase for Greavus, but ended up crash landing on Equestria.

  • ...
35
 774
 9,640

Chapter 10: The Tenno of Equestria

POV: Rainbow Dash / Location: Equus - Ponyville Library

Everypony agrees to help fight the virus. I then look to Karn. "They all said they'll help," I tell him.

"That's good. I'll get started on the Tenno Lab and have more Somatic Link Chairs made for the others," he replies.

"Okay, should I tell them?" I ask him.

"Go ahead. Also tell them I'll need to give them each an injection as well so that they can control a Warframe," he tells me.

I nodded turn back to my friends. "Karn says he needs to build some Somatic Link Chairs so you can connect to his Warframes like I can," I tell them.

"Somatic Link?" Twilight asks.

"It's the chair he sits in and then, erm... possesses or transfers himself into the Warframe I guess, that's what it felt like to me," I reply.

Twilight raises her eyebrows and levitates a book from the shelf over to herself.

"I've been meaning to ask," Karn says. "how do unicorns do that?" he asks me, his head pointing towards the book.

"It's just magic," I reply.

"Magic? That's a thing here?" he asks surprised.

"Errr, yeah. Everypony here has some magic. Earth ponies are super strong and can grow things better than others, unicorns can control magic with their horns and cast spells, and pegasi like me can move and walk on clouds, we manage the weather in Equestria... Oh, I guess I'm not the weather captain anymore huh?" I tell him.

"You're the weather captain?" he asks.

"Well, I guess was is more like it," I reply and sigh.

"You worried about being out of a job?" he asks.

"Kinda. How am I gonna buy food or pay the bills without any bits?" I say.

"You don't need to worry about food. I've got lots of nutrient food pills to last for a few months, and I'll also have an aeroponics facility added to the Dojo as well."

"Aerowhatnow?" I ask with confusion.

"It's a room that grows plants in an air or mist environment without the use of soil or an aggregate medium. In other words, an indoor farm," he tells me.

"Huh, that's actually pretty cool. AJ might want to see that," I say.

"But don't worry, I noticed your currency is made from copper, silver, and gold. I have a nice stock of gold for fabricating, we can use that if we need anything. I'll also be keeping you all busy with training non-stop to make sure you're all ready. That little fight you had will be nothing compared to what we'll be facing later. Remember that recording I showed you?" he says.

"Uh-huh," I reply and nodded.

"That was a walk in the park in comparison, I just had to retrieve someone there, what we'll be doing will be going into a hive which is a breeding ground where it can multiply. We'll have to fight hundreds of infected creatures to get to the five or so spawning pods and destroy them to stop them from spreading while I plant a powerful bomb at the heart of the hive to destroy what's left," he tells me.

From what I saw from that recording, that looked tough, and he's saying we'll have to do something even harder? Sweet Celestia I hope he's joking. "I can show you all a recording of one of my missions destroying a hive," he says.

"Yeah, that'd be cool," I reply.

"Okay, but before we do anything, you need to tell them, that by doing this, they'll live for thousands of years before they'll die of old age," he tells me.

"Erm, okay," I reply. "Guys, Karn wants me to warn you that by doing this you'll live for thousands of years before dying of old age." I tell them.

They gasp and look uneasy.

POV: Twilight Sparkle / Location: Equus - Ponyville Library

We'll live for thousands of years before we die? I don't know how to feel about that. On one hoof I can be with my friends and the Princesses for many years to come, I can even be there for spike as he grows older. Then on the other, I'll have to watch my other friends grow old and die, as well as my family.

I look to the others and see similar expressions, except for Big Mac who looks even more determined and Pinkie who, strangely has a big grin.

"You mean I'll be able to make new friends and have parties for thousands of years!?" Pinkie says with glee. "Sign me up!" she then says before giggling.

"Well, I guess that will mean I will be able to watch how fashion changes over the years," Rarity says with a conflicted tone.

"Ah don't know. Watchin' those around us grow old and die while we stay young..." Applejack says with a frown. Big Mac places a hoof on her wither and smiles at her, to which she sadly smiles back.

I look back to dash, "I'll still do it," I tell her. We have to do it, If we don't then the whole world will be in danger should the virus spread.

POV: Karn / Location: Equus - Ponyville Library

"They'll still do it," Rainbow tells me.

"Good, we don't have a lot of time. Tell the others to meet me in the Orbiter for their injections," I tell her.

She nodded and talks to Twilight. I stand up, walk to the Door and open it to reveal Celestia standing there. The sudden opening of the door makes her jump slightly with a yelp of surprise, standing next to her is Luna who is looking away from me.

I cross my arms and just stare at Luna, I look back to Celestia as she whinnies and neighs. Rainbow is now by my side. "She wants to come in," Rainbow tells me.

I step aside and both Princesses enter. "Rainbow, I want you to tell me everything that they talk about," I tell her.

"Okay," she replies.

I sit back down and wait while they talk for awhile as Luna gives me and Rainbow a few quick glances. Rainbow tells me that Shining told Celestia what's going on and she is trying to convince them to turn down my offer.

Celestia also speaks to Fluttershy. "It's okay Princess, I'm fine. To be honest I'd rather be like this than a monster attacking my friends," she says in Orokin which Rainbow translates for her.

Luna steps up and bows her head to Rainbow and me. "She says she's sorry for asking us to do something we didn't want to do," Rainbow tells me.

"Tell her, apology accepted, but she's got a long way to go to earn our trust again," I tell Rainbow.

Rainbow tells Luna and she nodded with a smile, Celestia looks relieved. "Right, now can you tell Celestia it's either they become Tenno, or Equestria and the rest of the world falls to the technocyte. Because me, you, and Fluttershy won't be enough. It took about ten Tenno including me to wipe out a large planet side hive, and we still lost two Warframes doing it," I tell her.

I hear her breathe in sharply with a wide eyed expression, she then turns back to Celestia.

POV: Celestia / Location: Equus - Ponyville Library

"Princess, Karn says you have to let them become Tenno. If they don't, we wont be able to fight the virus ourselves, and after Luna's attempt to use me, he won't trust any of your guards," Rainbow Dash tells me.

Luna's ears splay back and I sigh as I look to the others. Fluttershy has already been changed, Twilight, Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Big Macintosh have also decided to join him. I heard about the longevity that they will receive while I was standing by the door, but do they truly understand the burden of living for so long?.. Then again, it would mean there will be others I can know for longer than a few years.

But is that just me being selfish?

"Are you all certain about this?" I ask them.

"Eeyup," Big Macintosh answers proudly.

"Uh-huh!" Pinkie Pie says with a wide smile.

"Ah'm as sure as ah'm honest," Applejack says.

"I almost lost my little Sweetie without knowing it this morning. I want to make sure she has a future, as well as Equestria," Rarity says.

"As you can see, Princess, we're doing this. Please don't try to stop us." Twilight says to me with a fire in her eyes. I smile as I can feel a tear roll down my face.

I am so proud of them all.

POV: Twilight Sparkle / Location: Equus - Ponyville Library

Celestia smiles at us. "If that is what you truly wish, then I shall not stop you," she says and walks towards me. She wraps me in a hug with her forelegs and wings. "Just be careful, all of you." I smile and hug her back.

"We'll do our best, Princess," I tell her. She lets go and looks at Karn, and without another word leaves with Luna.

Rainbow coughs and gets our attention. "Now that that's over, Karn wants to get started," Dash says, I swallow hard and nodded. After we all had a large lunch, we all follow him to his ship and into the back room, It's a good thing spike is out with the CMC right now.

Karn heads into the back of his ship and then returns in his real body. "So who will take the injection first?" Rainbow translates for us.

I frown in determination and step forward. "I will," I reply.

"Alright, step onto the pod here and we'll begin," she then says as Karn waves a hand to the circle like pad to the left of his armoury and I start sweating. With a gulp I step onto it and lie down.

Karn gets a syringe out, injects me in my neck and closes the pod. I tense up and clench my eyes shut as pain spreads throughout my body

I scream as my body feels like it's burning while my bones and muscles are growing and expanding as my body increases in size. My magic then changes as agonising pain floods my body and mind making me scream louder, it feels cold and empty like Karn's but also feels stronger and my thought processes seem faster. I lose track of how long it lasted, but finally it stopped. I'm panting as the pain slowly fades away.

"Operator, the serum has successfully adapted to her DNA, I have scanned her body structure. I can begin fabricating a somatic link suit at any time. Also, it appears a mutation has altered Miss Sparkle's energy into void energy similar to yours, she's now a void born Tenno like you," I hear a voice say.

"Ooooh, my everything hurts," I groan out and can barely move.

"Don't worry, that will go away after a few minutes," I hear a deep male voice reply.

I look to the left and see Karn opening the pod making me gasp. " I can understand you!" I say with excitement. My pain momentarily forgotten.

"Yes, you can now speak Orokin. I'll give you a few minutes to get used to your new body, then I'll ask you a few questions to see what Warframe best suits you, I also need to inform you of a change to your... magic," he tells me.

'My magic has changed?' I wonder nervously. "Okay," I reply as he helps me onto my hooves. I wobble slightly and check myself over. I have a similar shape to Fluttershy, but not as much muscle as Dash. My horn even grew a couple of inches!

After a few minutes of walking around and the others asking if I was alright, I sit down in front of Karn.

"Alright, about your magic. It seems the serum has altered your magic into void energy, just like mine. So I don't know if you'll be able to use your abilities or spells anymore, the traces of void energy in the serum must have fused with your magic and converted it into a renewable source, turning you into a void born Tenno instead of a sub-Tenno due to the amount of this magic you have, you no longer age at all and you'll need to expel your energy to prevent it building up and killing you," he tells me.

I gasp wide eyed, I've lost my magic? I try use my magic to summon a mirror and fortunately, it works. It just feels cold and different with the new type of magic I now have.

"Okay, so you can still use your magic, that's good. So, first question, what's your most favourite activity or hobby?" he asks.

I sigh in relief and look at him. "Erm, I love to read books, study, and research magic and science," I reply looking at myself in the mirror again, my muzzle is longer and my horn looks like a spear instead of the blunted tip it used to be. Not only that, but I'm as tall as Princess Luna now!

"So you'd prefer using energy based weapons over using physical weapons?" he asks me.

"You mean like magical weapons?" I ask.

"No, energy weapons are weapons that use a power source or battery for its ammunition. They can fire bolts or beams of high temperature polarised ion particles that can burn through flesh or weak armour, or fire elemental bolts and beams," he tells me.

"Oh, that sounds fascinating!" I practically shout out but then cough in embarrassment. "I mean, not the burning things part, but yes, I would like those please," I say with a blush. Rainbow is just snickering at me.

"Alright, I have a Dera, Dual Cestra, and a Prova, all energy based weapons you can have. A power based Warframe would also best suit you. Now which one...." he says. He then stands up and walks over to the right side table. Images of different armours show up floating in mid air. I really want to know how that works...

He then shows me three of them. "These are female frames called Nova, Nyx, and Mag," he tells me. "Nova can manipulate antimatter, Nyx has psychic abilities like mind control, and Mag can control magnetic forces. I think one of these three would best suit you."

"Erm," I mumble as I think it over. Controlling another's mind just doesn't sit right with me. I have no idea what antimatter is, but I know a lot about magnetic forces! "I'll have the Mag please," I reply. He then presses a few buttons.

"Alright then, you'll use my Mag until we can get you your own one made," he tells me.

"Okay, I'll just walk around and get used to my new height... my balance is completely off," I reply and start walking around.

POV: Karn / Location: Equus - Ponyville - Inside the Orbiter

"Right, so while Twilight gets used to her new body, who's next?" I say waving to the pod. Rainbow tells them that and the Pink one jumps up and down.

"Pinkie wants to go next," Rainbow tells me.

Before I could reply, Pinkie hops into the pod and lies down. I shrug and inject her before closing her in.

POV: Pinkie Pie / Location: Equus - Ponyville - Inside the Orbiter

'Ohhhh this is sooo exciting! I wonder what I'll get?' I think to myself and start humming a happy tune, then I feel a pinch in my neck and my body starts to tingle and itch a little. I start giggling and snorting, feels like somepony is tickling me with feathers!

Tears leave my eyes as I'm giggling too hard. After a short while it stops, leaving me panting from it. The pod opens showing Karn just looking at me strangely. "Wowie! That felt funny, hehe," I say as I jump off and start bouncing.

Only to bash my noodle on the ceiling. "OUCH!" I yelp and flop onto the floor running in circles on my side. "Owie owie owie," I say rubbing my head.

"Erm, Operator, the serum has, well, been assimilated by her DNA, it appears she has taken it over instead of adapting, I can detect faint traces of void energy being used by her but nothing on the scale of Miss Sparkle... I have scanned her body structure. I can begin fabricating a somatic link suit later," a voice says with a bit of confusion.

"Pinkie! Are you alright?" Dashie asks me.

I sit up with a lump on the back of my head. "Yeah, I'll be just fine!" I tell her with a smile.

Karn is just staring at me. "I already know the perfect frame for you," he says.

"Ooooh ooooh! What one?" I ask getting right in his face.

"The Mirage, she can manipulate light to create illusions and prank like abilities to confuse her enemies," he tells me and shows me a picture.

"Oooooohhh! Yeah! I want that one!" I say jumping up and down, with less effort this time.

I look myself over and notice I'm taller and as musclely as AJ! Wow, I trot in place and feel muscles I never even knew I had!

"So what type of weapons would you like?" Karn asks me.

"Hmmmm, got any giant hammers?" I reply.

"Errr, yeah actually, it's called a Fragor," he says and walks over to the back of the room. He pulls out this huge black and white hammer and I start drooling at the sight of it.

"GIMMIE!" I yell and jump for it. I take it out of his hooves and lift it up, wow, this thing is light for its size. I run out of the ship on my hind legs and start swinging it around.

POV: Rarity / Location: Equus - Ponyville - Inside the Orbiter

Oh my, how could Pinkie giggle through that? Twilight screamed through hers. "Who's next?" Rainbow Dash asks.

Applejack looks worried but I step forward. "I'll go next," I say as determined as I could. Karn taps the pod and I gulp.

I step in and lay down on the rather comfy padding where Karn then injects me and I being to sweat. The lid closes and I start to panic.

I feel my neck starting to burn as I grit my teeth as tears flow out my eyes and my mascara starts running down my cheeks as the burning spreads to the rest of my body. Unable to bare the pain anymore, I scream.

The pain starts to fade and I let out the breath I was holding. "Oh good heavens, that felt simply horrid!" I say panting hard.

The lid opens and Karn begins to help me up. "Operator, the serum has successfully adapted to her DNA, I have scanned her body structure. I can begin fabricating a somatic link suit later. It also appears her magic hasn't mutated like Miss Sparkle's has and remains the same," I hear a rather polite voice say.

"Are you feeling okay?" Karn asks me. Oh my, he has a nice sounding voice, rather roguish.

He helps me out of the pod by pulling my forelegs up. "I'm fine, thank you, darling," I reply and then summon a hoof mirror with my magic to look at myself. I look just like Fluttershy, slim and beautiful, not as tall as Twilight but still. My coat even looks whiter and my mane and tail longer!

"Now then, What's your favourite hobby or activity?" he asks me.

"Hmmm?" I look from the mirror to him. "Oh, I love fashion and to design and make ensembles. As well as the occasional spa visit now and then," I reply.

He hums in thought. "How good are you with this magic stuff?" he asks.

"I'm about average, I'm no Twilight that's for sure," I reply and hear Twilight giggle.

"Alright, let's see here," he says looking through those images again. He stops on a rather elegant looking one.

"Oh my, that one looks nicer than the others. Almost looks like a fancy dress!" I say looking at it.

"This is the Saryn, She's able to infect her enemies with a corrosive poison that can slowly damage her target and dissolve armour, it can also infect other targets if the spores attached to them are popped. She can 'shed' her skin to create a body double to distract enemies and even cause it to detonate to deal damage around it. She can also coat her weapons with a toxin for a few seconds to deal more damage, or create a viral mist around her that can weaken her foes," he tells me.

Poisons? How could such an elegant design use poisons? but it does look better than the others. "Can't I have that design but with different abilities?" I ask.

"No, each frame has their own specific abilities, it's encoded and built into their designs. This is the only... fashionable female based frame I know," he tells me.

Well, poisons are not the worst powers one could have. "Very well, I shall have that one then," I say.

"And what kind of weapons would you like?" he asks me.

"Hmmm, got anything that looks elegant yet practical?" I ask.

"What about these?" he replies picking up a curved three bladed disk like thing and long thin handle-less knifes.

"What is it?" I ask pointing to the three bladed thing.

"This is a Glaive, you throw it at your target and it'll bounce off or around it hitting other targets as well. After a short time it'll come back to you. Come, I'll show you," he says walking towards the door.

We all walk outside and see Pinkie's still out here swinging that large hammer around like it was a feather. "Wheeeeeee!" she yells as she spins around with it.

"Alright, stand back," he says and lifts his right arm behind him and then swings it forward, he lets go of the 'Glaive' and it flies towards some boulders. It bounces off them a few times before coming back to Karn.

We all look worried but he catches it easily. "That's basically it, you can also use it as a melee weapon, like a dagger," he says swinging it around a few times. "Have a try using your magic, I'll catch it if you can't," he says and then holds it out to me.

I activate my magic and levitate it from his hands, oh my, my magic feels so much easier to cast now. "Alright. Well, here goes nothing," I say and make the Glaive spin, I then launch it forward and it carves right through the boulder and starts coming back at me.

I scream and close my eyes as it gets closer where I then feel my magic flare on its own. I open my eyes to see it floating in front of me in my levitation.

"Nice catch," Rainbow says.

"Erm, thank you," I reply, I didn't even think about using my magic, it just happened.

"It'll just take practice, but you did very well for your first throw, you put more spin on it than I ever could. I wonder if your magic would transfer over to your Warframe," Karn praises me and says.

"Oh, thank you darling. I must admit it does look nice and rather easy to use," I say.

"Also means you don't have to get near those nasty infected creatures too," Rainbow says with a smirk.

"Yes, there's also that," I reply.

"I have another weapon that might suit you as well but for now just practice with that Glaive, and these Kunai. You basically just throw these at your target, you don't have to worry about retrieving them, I can just fabricate more," he tells me and throws one at a tree where it gets stuck in the bark. "Alright then, who's next?" Karn asks.

POV: Big Mac / Location: Equus - Ponyville - Outside the Orbiter

"Who's next?" Rainbow says looking at me an' AJ.

"Ah will," I say.

"Sweet, can't wait to see Bigger Mac," Rainbow says with a chuckle. I just snort bemused, she does have a point though, will I get bigger than I already am?

We head back inside as Rarity continues to practice with that three bladed weapon. I remove my yoke and sit onto the strange padding.

I feel a sting in the side of my neck and grit my teeth as the pod closes. I can feel my body grow, the burning feeling dies down and I wait to be let out.

The pod thing opens up and I stand back up. I grunt as I stretch my legs, I then get off the padding. I look up to Karn and notice my eye level reaches his chin.

"Operator, the serum has successfully adapted to his DNA, I have scanned his body structure. I can begin fabricating a somatic link suit later."

Rainbow whistles at me. "Wow you're huge! You got more muscle then Bulk Biceps! And you're as tall as Luna!" Rainbow says. I look down and notice my legs are thicker than before. I feel stronger and heavier.

"Now then, I take it from your build you'd prefer a physical based Warframe?" Karn asks me. It's a might bit weird to suddenly understand him.

"Eeyup," I reply.

"Hmmm, you work with the earth and such right?" he asks.

"Eeyup," I say again.

"Then I think the Atlas would be a good pick for you, he can coat his arms in rocks made from his energy to lunge and punch his enemy hard, he can turn anyone in front of him caught in his gaze to stone, he can conjure a solid rock wall for defence and also push it forward into a ball rolling over anything in its path before detonating sending rocks everywhere, and lastly he can create two stone golems called Rumblers to fight for him, they can throw large rocks at your enemies and take a beating, they can also detonate if they're badly damaged to injure those nearby, he also is very hard if near impossible to knock over or push back," he tells me.

I think for a minute, sounds like a good match for me. "Eeyup."

"What kind of weapon would you like?" he asks me.

"Anything big an' hits hard," I reply.

"How do you feel about axes?"

"Ah've chopped a few trees before," I say.

"Then let's see if you can use this. I also want to check something," he says.

He pulls out a large two headed axe from the pod thing at the back of the room.

"Hold this," he tells me.

I take it from him with one hoof. I blink a few times, either this is made of hay or I'm stronger than I thought.

"So you can hold it with your hooves... I thought it was just Pinkie being odd," he says scratchin' the back of his head. "How do you do that?" he asks.

I look to my hoof holding the axe, then look at him and just shrug.

"I'll figure that out later, but what do you think of the Scindo?" he asks.

I lift it up and down. I stand on my hind legs and hold it with both of my front hooves. Huh, my balance is better now. I don't feel like I'm gonna fall over.

"Eeyup," I reply.

"Okay, take it outside and swing it around to get a feel for it," he tells me.

POV: Applejack / Location: Equus - Ponyville - Inside the Orbiter

By Celestia! Mac's a giant now! Karn then looks to me and points to the pod thing. I slowly nodded and lay down on it.

I start sweating buckets and feel a jab in my neck before the pod closes on me. I wince from the sting then grunt as I feel my body grow an' burn.

After awhile the burning feeling fades and I relax. The pod opens and Karn holds one of his hands out to me.

"Operator, the serum has successfully adapted to her DNA, I have scanned her body structure. I can begin fabricating a somatic link suit later," a voice says.

"Land-sakes, that hurt more then gettin' bucked off a ragin' bull," I say rubbing my head. I'll be needing some'o Granny's cure all for this headache.

"So how are you feeling?" a deep voice asks.

"Like ah've been trampled by a stampede," I reply.

"It'll fade in time. Can you stand up?" he asks.

I look up and see Karn staring at me. "Ah think so," I say.

He helps me out and I stand up, I used to be up to his waist, now I'm up to his belly. Weird thing is, I don't feel any stronger. If anythin' ah feel more flexible an' agile. I twist and turn feeling my joints bend in ways they shouldn't.

I can now scratch my own back with my forehooves, and that is freaking me out a bit.

"Huh, I expected you to have more muscle. Hmmmm, well, I'll ask you the same question as the others. What's your favourite activity or hobby?" he asks.

"Errrr, Ah like to do rodeos an apple shootin'. Ah'm also pretty good with a Lasso," I reply. I've earned a lot of blue ribbons in the apple shooting an' hog tying contests.

"Apple shooting?" he asks confused.

"It's where ah have to buck apples at targets before the timer runs out," I tell him. I'm not one to brag, but I have never missed a single shot.

He rubs his chin in thought. "I think I know a good Warframe for you," he says and shows me an image.

Kinda looks like its wearing the vests you see in Appleloosa. "What does it do?" I ask.

"This frame is a gun-slinger called Mesa. She has two Regulator Pistols that unfold from behind her forearms. She can use her frame's energy to increase her perception and reflexes to shoot targets with deadly precision. She can also charge up energy to make her next shot deal increased damage by increasing the bullet's velocity. She can put an energy shield around her that can deflect projectiles while reducing the damage she receives, and she can heighten her senses and shoot multiple enemies in rapid succession," he replies.

"Ah think ah got most of that," I say with a frown.

"As for a weapon, you said you're good with a Lasso right?" he asks.

"Uh-huh," I reply.

He heads over to the back and gets some strange looking thing.

"This is a whip called a Lecta, it gives an electrical discharge when the tip hits an object. Though I don't think you can use it with hooves, so you'll have to wait until you get your Warframe to try it," he says and puts it back. "Now all that's left is to make the links and let you all get used to your new bodies," he says.

He then turns to Dash. "Rainbow, I think you're ready for the first test."