• Published 2nd Feb 2015
  • 9,645 Views, 774 Comments

Warframe: Equestria - Urimas Ebonheart



Karn, is one of the oldest Tenno to still live. But is betrayed by one of the newer Tenno, Greavus. His ship was damaged during his chase for Greavus, but ended up crash landing on Equestria.

  • ...
35
 774
 9,645

Chapter 4: Tour of the City

Warframe: Equestria
Chapter 4: Tour of the City

POV: Karn / Location: Equus - Canterlot Castle - Dining Hall

After they had their lunch, I put my Holo-Disk away and the purple equine takes me to the front of the building. She points to me, then to the others and herself, then points towards the city. I guess they want me to go with them into the city.

I look to the city and then back to the purple one, she has a bright smile on her face as she starts walking.

After a few minutes of the equines chatting with each other, we arrive at a large building that looks like some kind of old archive.

POV: Twilight Sparkle / Location: Equus - Canterlot Library

I decided to show him around the city for a few reasons. One, is to keep him occupied. Two, so he can hopefully spot anymore Changelings and three, to try and teach him our written language. So here we are at the Canterlot Library, because I'm not about to let him loose in the Castle's Archives.

"Why are we here? You do remember he can't read, right?" Dash says.

"I know, but that's why we're here, I'm going to teach him!" I say a bit too excitedly.

"BOOOOORING! I wanna take him to the hoofball stadium!" she replies.

"OH OH OH! I wanna take him to Doughnut Joe's!" Pinkie adds in.

"I'd rather take him to get a nice suit, that... Armour of his is just an eyesore. Besides, other ponies might think of him as some sort of monster... IDDDEEEAAA! I'll just make the suit myself!" Rarity says as she pulls a sketch pad out of her saddlebags and begins drawing while mumbling about the details.

Applejack just stays as far away as she can, I wonder why she's acting like that. Fluttershy is just happy with his dog.

"Well the sooner he can understand us the better!" I say to them.

I teleport a note pad to myself with a quill, I point to him and then to his head, I then point to the note pad and scribble a few words on it then look like I'm reading it.

POV: Karn / Location: Equus - Canterlot Library

I think she either wants to read, show me some books, or wants to see if there's anything I can read in there. Hmmm.

"Ordis, how long will it take to fabricate new parts for the thrusters?" I ask him, this also gets the attention of the equines.

"I believe it may take up to a month just for the Liset alone, Operator. Both ships main thrusters have been totalled and need to be fully replaced to function again. I have scanned the local area and have found small deposits of Ferrite, Gallium and Rubedo. Shall I deploy excavators for retrieval?" Ordis replies.

"Not yet, I'll have to ask the locals for permission first but the moment we get the all clear deploy them, start work with what we have for now," I tell him.

"Yes, Operator," he says.

I look back to the equines to see confused expressions. After a minute of silence I point to the building and nodded, the purple one smiles and heads for the door, the cyan one groans and lands as the others walk in as well.

POV: Rarity / Location: Equus - Canterlot Library

Oh my, this is so exciting! I'll be the first pony ever to make clothing for an entirely new species and an alien at that! So let's see here. From what I saw in those images he showed us, they wear shirts, jackets, small shorts, pants and skin tight suits. I think I can make a nice tuxedo for him.

I sit at the table as I design his suit with the rest of the girls and our guest. Hmmm, well since his armour is black and red, maybe a black suit with a red under-shirt and black tie? I could also place silver cuff links and......

POV: Rainbow Dash / Location: Equus - Canterlot Library

Arg! This is soooo boring. Oh! Maybe I can get him to show me more of those cool battles of his!

I poke him and he looks at me, I then point to his waist at the disk thingy again, he chuckles and sets it on the table and plays a new image, yeah this is more like it!

Pinkie sits next to me to watch as well. The big guy is running through a metal looking hallway with another one like him.

This must be a mare because the body shape has more curves than the big guy. They're both running towards a group of those creepy mutant looking freaks, she has a sword and dagger that look like the dagger he has on him and is using them to deflect the things their getting shot at with.

She jumps and lands her hooves into his hands, he then throws her at the freaks and what happens next makes my jaw drop. Fire covers her and as she lands, it explodes out turning the freaks into charcoal... So awesome, I wish I could do all that! It would be great for my stunts!

POV: Applejack / Location: Equus - Canterlot Library

How can everypony be so calm around this' ere fella? He's dangerous! Sure he saved us from the Changelings, but he also had no hesitation about giving Blueblood a beatin'... Or worse. Who's ta say he won't turn on us next?

Ah watch him trying to read a book but he's having no luck. Dash and Pinkie are getting way too into those battles of his that they're watching.

Ah don't know why ah'm so uneasy around him, maybe its because ah cant see his face so ah cant tell if he's being honest or just playin' with us.

That time he showed us his face he looked friendly, but ah just don't know, ah guess ah'll give him a chance.

POV: Karn / Location: Equus - Canterlot Library

I have no idea what these books say, the purple one gives me several books but each one has different languages.

"Ordis, any chance you can translate these?" I ask him.

"I am sorry, Operator. But without any data to work from, it just looks like symbols to me," he replies.

Well it was worth asking. After looking at all of the different languages I give up, I look at the purple one and shake my head. She sighs and returns the books to their proper places.

I get up and look around, I failed to notice earlier but all of the equines in the room are staring at me with wide eyes, some have even started to watch the Holo-Disk as well.

POV: Rainbow Dash / Location: Equus - Canterlot Library

I don't think my eyes have ever been this wide before, how can anypony withstand what this mare is going through? The big guy seems to have been knocked out since his head is tilted to the left and slightly looking down, but the mare is awake and not strapped to a table, but nailed to it struggling to get off with saws and drills above her.

The saws try to cut through her armour while a drill tries to drill through her forehead. Those freaks are trying to open the armour or kill the mare inside, after ten seconds the big guy wakes up and see's the table. He struggles and sees metal on his hands strapping him to a wall.

With a roar like when he fought those Changelings, he pulls his arms and rips the metal off the wall. The metal is still covering his hands so he uses them as weapons and caves in the freaks heads.

He destroys the drills and saws, but before I could see what happens next the big guy takes the disk back and turns it off.

"HEY! I wanna see what happens next!" I yell and a few others reply with an 'awwww' disappointed.

POV: Karn / Location: Equus - Canterlot Library

The cyan equine whines when I take the Holo-Disk back, she pouts with a frown and crosses her forelegs but I just ignore her.

The pink one grabs my arm and starts to drag me to the exit, the others pack up and follow behind us. Once outside, the pink one starts to bounce in front of me and neighing really fast as she points to a building down the street.

Again we walk while the equines are chatting with each other, Nightshade has never left the yellow one's side once.

"Operator, another one of those insectoids is in the area, target has been marked," Ordis warns me again.

I glance to my right to see a tan coloured equine with deep green hair on top of a roof looking down at me. My visor has it marked with a red diamond but I can't get to it due to it has wings and I don't, I want it alive for the equines to interrogate.

"Ordis, come to my position and get my Archwings ready, I'm going to have to chase it," I tell him while looking like I haven't noticed the insect.

"Yes, Operator."

POV: Twilight Sparkle / Location: Equus - Canterlot Mane Street

Well that was a total bust, I should of known teaching him with nothing to reference from would not work, its easier to learn to talk before reading.

I am brought out of my thoughts as a ship smaller than the one I saw before hovers over head with something attached underneath the tip being held by four mechanical limbs. The biped leaps into the air as the ship lets go of what looks like those wings he showed us in his recordings. It attaches itself to his waist and he pulls out a long metal thing that he holds with both hands from the right wing.

The 'wings' glow with a red energy and he lifts off the ground and gives chase to a tan pegasus who flees with speed that Dash can easily do. The wings pulse with an energy I'm not familiar with as he bursts forward so quickly that even Dash couldn't dream of taking off that fast as he breaks the sound barrier within seconds.

The tan pegasus screams as he's tackled by the biped and they fall from the mountain side.

POV: Karn / Location: Equus - Canterlot Mountain Side

I wrap my legs around its mid section and choke it with my Imperator LMG in my right hand, my left hand grips its chest and I activate the digitising sequence. It screams as its digitised and absorbed into my 'prison' hard-drive.

I quickly pull up and soar above the city, now that I am up here Ordis maps out the city and completes my minimap's layout. White buildings with deep purple roofs dot the mountain side, I spot the six equines and land beside them, the cyan one looks like she has spaced out.

I put my Imperator back into the right wing as Ordis continues to hover over us.

The purple one is looking around for something and whinnies at me.

POV: Twilight Sparkle / Location: Equus - Canterlot Mane Street

Where is the tan pegasus? "Where is he? What did you do with him?" I ask him as I use an illusion spell to make a miniature version of the pegasus.

He just tilts his head slightly and after a few seconds points to his left palm, he then places his left arm above me with his palm facing down, he then points to me with his right hand then to his left palm.

I'm stumped for a bit, but then remember the Changeling corpse he 'absorbed' for lack of a better term. So... did he kill him?

The biped whistles which makes his dog run to his side, he says something to the dog who barks back. The biped then points his palm towards the ground and it starts to glow orange, small orange cubes start to flow out and slowly the pegasus is reformed.

Once that was done, the pegasus screams and pats himself down but is stopped as the biped's dog pins him down with its jaw around its throat.

The biped then starts to examine the pegasus, things like poking it in certain spots seeing what reaction he'll get... Or I guess to find weaknesses.

POV: Rainbow Dash / Location: Equus - Canterlot Mane Street

I can't believe it! He broke the sound barrier in just two seconds! I have to dive from a very high altitude just to do that!

I look at the big guy and his metal wings. I frown just a little, at least I'm still the fastest pegasus in Equestria.

POV: Twilight Sparkle / Location: Equus - Canterlot Mane Street

I look to the biped and create an illusion of a Changeling and pointed to the pegasus to which he nodded. I call out a couple of guards from the crowd that has gathered.

"Take that Changeling to the dungeons," I order them, they restrained it and once the ring is placed onto its invisible horn its guise is dispelled, the guards then take it away.

The biped talks to himself again and the wings detach and float up to the mechanical limbs on the ship which pull it inside.

I nervously look around at the crowd of ponies thinking there might be more in there. I poke him and wave at the crowd, he looks around at them for a few seconds but then looks at me and shakes his head causing me to sigh in relief.

"Can we go to Doughnut Joe's now?" Pinkie asks as if nothing even happened.

"Yes we can go now, I just hope nothing else exciting happens today," I reply.

The biped's ship takes off back towards the castle and we head to Joe's shop leaving behind the bewildered ponies still watching us. Pinkie wouldn't stop talking about all the different doughnuts Joe has and what the biped should try first.

The biped just follows me while watching Pinkie bounce around him. Dash is flying lazily behind us thinking about something, no doubt about how fast he flew.

We arrive at Joe's and enter the shop, the bell above the door jingles and Joe looks up at us.

"Well! If it isn't little miss Sparkle! I haven't seen you in awhile!" he says with a smile.

"Yes it has been awhile. I've been living in Ponyville for some time now, I came here for Cadence's wedding which has to be rescheduled now," I reply with a smile. I used to come here when I got stressed out from a subject that baffled me during my studies.

Joe then notices the biped. "Whoa! Is this the thing that I've heard about who saved Canterlot?" Joe asks.

"Yes he is, but he can't speak Equestrian," I reply.

"Then how do you talk with him? Like passing notes in a classroom?" he asks with a chuckle.

"Nope, we have to use gestures, watch," I point to the biped which gets his attention, I then wave towards the selection of confectioneries. He looks at them then points to a chocolate filled doughnut and a glazed doughnut.

"Well, it's better then nothing I suppose," Joe says as he gets the selected items. Joe then notices the bipeds dog. "I'm sorry but no pets allowed in here," he says pointing to the dog.

"Oh its okay, he's well trained," I try to convince him to let the dog stay.

"Well... Okay, but if he makes a mess then he's gonna have'ta clean it up," Joe says pointing to the biped.

"Fair enough," I reply with a smile.

Once everypony has ordered, we sit at a table and again watch as the Biped places his left hand over his doughnuts and then absorbs them. I've been wondering why he's still in his armour, surely he should feel safe enough to come out himself.

POV: Karn / Location: Equus - Canterlot Doughnut Joe's

I digitise the food to see if it is edible, after a few seconds Ordis informs me it is and that the ingredients are similar to those from earth... How is that possible? This is an uncharted system, the similarities are very uncanny. I'll save these for when I return to my body later.

The equine in the apron returns with a sheet of paper, the purple one pulls out a small pouch with a purple glow around it and a few small disks fly out. I snatch one from the air and examine it while the purple one is watching me.

It has the face of the large white equine on one side and the face of the dark blue equine on the other. I guess this is their currency, it's a lot different from credits, there's also some silver and copper coloured disks floating in the air.

My visor identifies the metals as gold, silver, and copper, I have a small supply of gold and copper on my Orbiter's resource hard-drives to use as the conductive components for Warframe and weapon systems. I hand it back to her and it glows purple again and floats over to the apron wearing equine.

POV: Twilight Sparkle / Location: Equus - Canterlot Doughnut Joe's

That was interesting, does he not know about monetary transactions? Or is his culture where everpony gets an equal share of everything? The Images of his people showed them all sharing resources and such, not a single image of them buying something with coins, but they were trading items and these rectangle looking plates with strange markings on them, could that be their currency?


The rest of the day went by smoothly with no further interruptions, ponies came up to him saying their thanks for saving the city but the more upper crust ponies just stuck their noses up like it was his purpose to keep them safe.

We went to a few places like the theatre but he got bored really quickly so we moved on. We went to the Canterlot park where Fluttershy perked up with all the animals running around. The bipeds dog chased a few squirrels to which Fluttershy told him to stop.

We went to some clothing stores at Rarity's request but that seemed to bore him faster than the theatre did.

Dash took him to the hoofball stadium and showed him a game that was half way through, this got his attention as it looked similar to one of the sports he showed us. Once the match was over we went to a place for dinner where we had a nice lasagne.

But the dog was forced to wait outside which did not sit well with the biped who just took his plate and sat outside with his dog and handed his companion the plate. That got Fluttershy to smile seeing how much he cared for his friend.

Once that was over we head back to the castle where the Princesses were waiting for us.


POV: Karn / Location: Equus - Canterlot Castle

I watch as the purple one and the large white one nuzzle one another with smiles. After a moment of talking the white one turns to me and bows her head slightly, I bow back, confused to why she did in the first place.

The dark blue one is just smiling at us, I see the purple one talking to some small purple and green lizard like creature who's staring at me.

After a few minutes of the two talking the small lizard turns to me and hold out his hand, I lightly grip it and give a light shake. We head inside as the white one leads us back into what I'm guessing is a throne room.

POV: Luna / Location: Equus - Canterlot Castle Throne Room

Tia and I are standing at the base of the thrones with Twilight, her friends and the two creatures as Twilight tells us of the days events.

"It sounds like thou has had an interesting day! That explains why we saw a Changeling being taken down to the dungeons when we finished a meeting earlier," I say.

Twilight gives off a loud yawn and blushes from the chuckles, giggles, and embarrassment. The door to the war room opens up and Shining Armour steps out.

"Twily!" he says trying to hide the frown he just had.

"BBBFF!" Twilight yells in return and hugs her brother.

They greet each other with smiles and talking about their days, excluding the war meeting. Twilight asks how Cadence is doing to which he replies she's doing fine in the medical wing.

Shining trots over to the creature and eyes him up and down. "So this is the creature that chased off Chrysalis?" he asks as he walks around him and pokes a few times at the armour plating.

The creature just watches him, that featureless face of his makes it impossible to see what his mood is.

"He does look like he can handle himself... So how did he exactly chase them off, I don't see any weapons on him besides that dagger, and that other thing doesn't even look sharp," Shining comments on the creature's equipment.

"Oh, he's put his sword away and that thing on his hip can shoot targets from a distance with more force and precision than a crossbow," Twilight replies.

"Really? Can you demonstrate it for me?" Shining asks the creature.

"He... Erm... Doesn't understand Equestrian," Twilight tells him sheepishly.

Oh that's right, we were so focused on the Gryphonia problem that we forgot to mention the creature to the others.

This only makes shining confused. "Then how have you been talking to him?"

"With basic gestures, pointing, and facial expressions," she replies with a nervous smile.

"You mean to tell me we've been letting a dangerous creature who can't talk to us loose in the city?" he asks with a slightly accusing tone.

"He's actually been well behaved! He even caught two Changelings as well!" Twilight says trying to defend the creature.

The creatures companion stands in between him and shining as it starts growling. Shining just narrows his eyes as I spot the creature moving his hand to that strange weapon of his.