• Published 1st Feb 2015
  • 1,051 Views, 12 Comments

Through a Prince's Eyes - DiscordFan



Prince Sundown Shifter tells life for him and his responsibilities as the changeling Prince.

  • ...
2
 12
 1,051

Interlude: Heart Shield's Story

After Sundown Shifter had woken up, Heart Shield began to unravel her tale of woe (~shrugs~).

"Mom and Dad told me that my birth was strange," she said, "because when I was born, I had holes in my hooves, but that was it. Of course...

... more changes took place as I grew up.

Now, as a foal, I was rather normal if you exclude the holes. I had completely feathered wings, no bug wings in sight! My horn was also normal.

Cadence told me my birth was rather painful for her. I don't know why. She just said it hurt as though something glass broke inside of her first. Only many years later, did she, Shining Armor, and I discover I hatched from an egg in her womb.

Skipping ahead to my fifth birthday...

My party was to be held out in the park, where every single crystal pony was invited! It was then that I learned ponies equaled a buffet...

A small, white alicorn with blue and pink hair squeaked and giggled as she tried to tag some other foals in order to make one of them 'it'. Suddenly, she heard a "d'aw", and something filled her stomach. It was... sweet... but at the same time, it tastes bland. She paused in her steps as the strangely intoxicating substance filled her stomach. What was it?

Then she heard her mother's voice call to her. "Heart Shield! Time for cake!"

The little alicorn began galloping over to her mother while she also fluttered her wings in anticipation.

Her mother was a pink alicorn with a magenta, yellow, and purple hair. Her mother smiled at her, and she felt the intoxicating substance fill her stomach again, except this time, it didn't taste bland. She clutched her stomach. She was completely full...

Of course, I didn't know the substance was love, but it's not like I cared. All I knew was that something was filling my stomach, and I was fine with that.

Now we skip to my eighth birthday. At first, I thought it was the worst day in my life, but I soon realized that it was far from it.

A white alicorn filly with blue and pink hair stared at her horn in the mirror. Last night, it was normal as she went to bed, but this morning, however-

"Mooom..!" Suddenly, the alicorn rushed out of the room and bolted down the crystal hallways of the castle she called home. "Mom! Mom!?" She repeated this as she slammed open the door to her parents' bedroom.

"Mom," she said as she shook a pink figure wrapped in pristine sheets. "Mom, wake up!"

"What is it, Shield," her mother muttered in a groggy state.

"Mom, you need to wake up and look at my horn!"

The pink figure began to sit up and rub her eyes. She stretched and yawned as she sleepily opened her eyes. "What happened to your-" Her eyes snapped open as they fixed their gaze open the white alicorn's horn. "- horn!" It had holes that went right through the bone of the horn...

On my tenth birthday, my feathers molted and revealed these bug monstrosities on my back. On my fifteenth birthday, I got the sudden urge to go to a certain location. When I got there, I met changelings...

"... and I lived like one ever since." She crossed her hooves and raised an eyebrow at Sundown Shifter. "Any questions, your highness?"

Sundown Shifter stared blankly at the mare-hybrid. "What. The. Buck! Did I just listen to?!"

Comments ( 4 )

Update! :raritystarry:

6154609

Yeah.... I am so, so, so, SO sorry it took so long...

6154617 I can wait how ever long if it's worth the wait, this was worth it.

Celestia!!!!!! Ti destesto!!!!!!!!

Aggiornare please

Io sono italiana.

Login or register to comment