• Published 25th Jan 2015
  • 410 Views, 3 Comments

Just a Little Different... - DiscordFan



I'm different. So what? I am a pegasus with a physical difference. What's your deal? Why... Why am I bullied?

  • ...
3
 3
 410

It's Too Much

Moon Storm was running as usual. Moon Storm was a purple filly-pegasus with a dark-blue mane with two colored stripe of light-blue and yellow separated by a zig-zag. On her flank was a crescent-moon with a two colored lightning bolt coming from the bottom that was same colors as the stripe in her mane. Her eyes were orange.

"Hey," yelled the colts chasing her, "Get back here, freak! We're not through with you!" She ran faster. The group of Colts chasing her were pegasi.

School had ended in Cloudsdale for foals, their teacher had dismissed them, and the fillies in the class had made fun of her wings... again. After that, the colts heard and began throwing tiny storm clouds at her. Then Moon Storm began running and still was. She began flapping her wings, but they wouldn't work, as usual. Why can't they ever work!?

"Ha! She can't fly! The blood-sucking freak still can't fly," exclaimed their leader. He was a dark-gray colt with an orange, yellow, and purple mane. His name was Night Chaser. Moon Storm found his name ironic considering her name had to do with the Moon. Her back right leg suddenly stung. The pegasi had hit her with the tiny storms. She began limping when they struck the same leg over and over.

"We got her! Get the stick," commanded Night Chaser. One of the pegasi hoofed him a stick. Moon Storm braced herself.

"Leave my sister alone!!..."

Moon Storm was flying to work. Rainbow Dash had gotten angry at her last time she was late. Moon Storm had night-shift for weather patrol. It was what she was best at. Controlling weather, preferably storms, at night. Why? 'Cause cutie marks are crazy and nopony on Equs understands them. Rainbow Dash was on a cloud watching the sunset. The night-shift was starting.

"Good, you're here," Rainbow said. "And, Moon, please, oh please tell me if they're jerks to you. You're the captain of the night-shift, they have to listen!"

"I know, Dash," Moon Storm replied. "I won't let them haress me. Don't worry!" Rainbow Dash skimmed her over.

"Pinkie Promise you'll tell me..." Rainbow's eyes begged her.

"Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick up cupcake in my eye," Moon said doing the motions. "Now go home! Remember last time you missed Scootaloo's flight lesson?" Rainbow Dash sighed.

"I know, but... Don't do anything stupid..."

"I won't, sis! Now go teach that filly-friend of yours to fly!" A smile crept up on Rainbow's face. She hugged Moon Storm.

"See 'ya later, sis." And she flew away leaving Moon Storm alone. The rest of the night-shift flew in as the day-shift flew away.

"Okay. Tonight, we're supposed to let it drizzle on Ponyville and rain on Sweet Apple Acres. Group A and B, get a few storm clouds for the drizzle, no lightning. Group C, D, and E, come with me to get some storm clouds for the rain. Applejack was complaining yesterday to the captain of the day-shift, Rainbow Dash. Dismissed!" Groups A and B flew away to look for clouds. Moon Storm and her groups flew in the opposite direction for clouds as well.

"Captain," one of the pegasi said, "clouds ahead by 15 to 17 meters." Moon Storm nodded.

"Goggles," yelled Moon Storm, "Group C, gather up the clouds! Group D, get ready to jump and get'em stormy! Group E, ready yourselves to push the clouds towards Sweet Apple Acres!" Moon Storm flew over in the opposite direction of Sweet Apple Acres to get ready and push. Group C flew quickly around the clouds several times each, creating a huge cloud. Group D began jumping and hopping, but they stopped before lightning formed. Group E flew next to Moon Storm in order to push.

"Hey, blood-sucker," yelled one of the pegasi. It was... Night Chaser. "Remember me!? How are you flying with those stupid webbed wings!?" Moon Storm gritted her teeth.

"Night Chaser, go back to your group and do your job," commanded Moon Storm.

"What? Oh, I don't work for weather patrol. But what are you doing here, blood-sucker? I wouldn't think Rainbow Dash would let freaks work for her."

"I am not a freak! I am a threstral! And I am the captain of the night-shift! And unless you're here to work, I suggest you leave, now!"

"Ooo... Soo scary. Captain of the night-shift, yeah right! They'd never let blood-suckers like you work!" Moon Storm's eyes turned blood-red. She suddenly appeared in front of Night Chaser, lunged at him, and pinned him to a cloud.

"I am sick and tired of you always harassing me," she whispered coldly. "But enough is enough." She sank her fangs into his neck...

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"You did what," Rainbow Dash screamed. Her eyes were quivering.

"Um, yeah... He said," Moon Storm choked. "He said I was a freak and... That nopony would let me have a job. Including you..." Moon Storm started sobbing at the thought of her sister hating her. Rainbow's eyes softened to care instead of panick and anger.

"Shh... It's okay," Rainbow whispered. "You're my sis. I'll always love 'ya..." Rainbow walked over and hugged Moon and stoked her sister's mane.

"But he said you didn't. He said you didn't..."

"But I do." The two mares stayed like that on the cloud-couch in their cloud-home. "Tell you what. How about you do the day-shift with me for a little..?"

"But the cops said I'm not allowed to work, Dash. I sucked his blood out of anger."

"Yeah... But he's been bullying you since second grade. I think the judge will understand your anger towards him..." Rainbow Dash paused. "Considering that he would beat you with a stick when he could." Moon Storm continued sobbing but chuckled a tiny bit.

"Thanks, Dashie."

"C'mon, Storm. Really? That's Pinkie's pet name for me."

"That she heard me call you one day. Yeah, Pinkie came up with it."

"True." They laughed.

"Rainbow Dash," called a voice from the kitchen, "Can I come in now? I've never met your sister before!" Rainbow looked at Moon Storm. Moon Storm shrugged in reply.

"Okay, squirt," Rainbow said, "You can meet her." A little orange filly-pegasus with a purple-ish, magenta-ish mane came galloping in.

"Oh boy! So you're Moon Storm!? Your cutie mark is awesome! How did you get it?! Whoa!! Your wings. Look. AWESOME!!!!"

"Uh," Moon Storm said, "Your friend has quite a voice there, Dash. And my wings are bat-wings... Scootaloo, right?" Scootaloo nodded. Moon Storm smiled.

Perhaps it's okay to be just a little different...

Comments ( 3 )

A nice little piece you have here! A couple mistakes here and there, but not enough to detract from the story IMO. While a little short, I think the incomplete tag makes up for that. Add this to my list of "throw this in a library one day" stuff.

5547824

Um, sorry... Can't think of anything. More bullying?

What's your idea for a sequel? I can't really think any right now.:twilightsheepish:

Think... THINK!!! :twilightangry2:

Login or register to comment