• Published 14th Jan 2015
  • 404 Views, 5 Comments

From my Perspective - DisUsernameScreamsKhaos



Two pegasi always seem to have opposite viewpoints on art. One likes being spontaneous, the other likes planning. One likes visual art, the other is mostly into the written arts.

  • ...
 5
 404

Sparky and Wri

Author's Note:

Yeah, new story... This story features two OC's from the OC Life Stories group; Creative Spark and Write Idea, even if the cover art only has Creative Spark...) So, I hope you like another of my attempts at writing a story. Well, now to see how this fares in the contest.

Dear Diary,

I was finally able to finish the poem I was writing. Usually a poem takes me about a week to finish from scratch. However, for some unknown reason Sparky was surprisingly quiet the past few days. I wonder what she's up to. The last time she was this quiet was years ago in our youth, when she was planning her April Fools Day prank. I had to clean up for days! I know that I have been complaining about her noise lately but this is just... weird. I'd like to stay and chat but I have to submit my poems to the publisher by later this evening. I'm finally going to get a poem into an actual book! Best part of it is that I get an entire page! Oh I'm so excited!

-Write Idea

She was an amber-coated pegasus with a Mexican pink mane. Her cutie mark was a pencil that seemed to be drawing a light bulb. It symbolized how she liked to write down her ideas in the form of stories, poems, and the like. As she closed her diary, she started to remember when she and her twin sister were younger. Her mind always wondered from time to time, searching for inspiration for her poems.


It was a peaceful day at the park...
"Hey Wri, whatcha doin'?"

"I'm just writing another poem about the flowers here. We only get to visit the park once a week so I want to finish my poem as fast as I can"

"But that's boring! Come on, let's play catch! Please?!"

"I can't Sparky, maybe in a while."

"Come on, it'll just be a quick game!"
She dragged her sister away so they could play.
"No! Wait! I haven't finished my poem yet!"
They had fun that day, catch was one of their favorite games.


Wri let off a heavy sigh. Her sister never changed. As far as she remembered, her sister Creative Spark was always dragging her off to play or do some other pointless thing while she was writing her poems.

As she placed her poem into her saddlebag and walked out of the room, she looked around to locate her sister. As she was nowhere to be seen, she just called out to her. "Sparky, I'm gonna go into town for awhile okay? Keep yourself in control while I'm gone. Bye." There was no reply. Wri just walked towards the door, it was about an hour before the deadline, plenty of time to get there.

As soon as she stepped outside, she was in for a surprise. A bucket of ice-cold water was dumped onto her. Wri screamed; both from the surprise, and from anger. Sparky emerged from her hiding place and burst into laughter. She was a pale-white coated pegasus with a mane with two different shades of blue. Even if the were twins, Sparky didn't earn her cutie mark yet. She was talented at painting, drawing, sculpting, and the like, but still no cutie mark.

"Buwahahahahaha! I gotcha good Wri! You should have sen the look on your face!" Sparky was hysterical! "The bucket on the door frame gag is a classic! I can't believe you fell for it!" Wri just stared at her annoyed.

"I don't have time for your immature pranks Sparky! I need to get to the publishing house in an hour. I can't believe you delayed me for a few laughs!" shouted Wri. She was so mad. Unfortunately for Sparky, that anger was going to turn into rage.

Wri was going to organize her bag, the strap holding it in place was loosened by the bucket, when she noticed that her poems were drenched. Nothing was readable anymore, the ink just blurred and spread all around the paper. "Sparky! What did you do! I was supposed to submit this in an hour! You completely ruined it!"

"I-i didn't mean to. I didn't know you had your poems with you." Sparky meekly replied.

"This is all your fault! I don't mess with your paintings or sculptures, why must you ruin my art?!" Wri started to cry and just ran into her room and locked her door.

Sparky was shocked. She had never seen her sister burst like that. She would always just say 'it's fine' or 'just don't do it again, okay?' She didn't know what to do. She didn't know what she could do. "Wri was right," she said to herself, "She does help me with my projects but I always keep her away from her projects." She started to feel sorry for her sister. She then remembered a time when they were younger.


Sparky had recently been hired to make a painting for a Canterlot noble...
"Please Wri? I only need you to pose for me for a while. I need to make a painting by tomorrow and I don't have time to find another subject."

"But I can't. I want to finish my poems as well."

"It will only take a while. I swear!"

"Sigh... fine, make sure you get my good side okay?"
Wri stopped her writing and posed for her sister's portrait.

"You're the best! Come here, give me a hug!"

"Sure. As long as we're sisters, even if I have to make my poems, I'll always be there for you to help you with your art."

"And I swear that I'll try to help you out with your poems too! Artist's honor!"

"You're the best sister I could ever have ya know."

"Same here."


Sparky shed a tear. They were so young then. They promised each other that even if they preferred a different form of art, they would always support each other. "I made that promise, yet only Wri fulfills it. She really came through for me when I got commissioned by the Canterlot Museum for Visual Arts."


"This is outrageous! I told you that you had to fill out these forms before you submit your sculpture."

"B-but, I f-forgot about them. T-the sculpture took longer than expected."

"I'm sorry, but I cannot accept this piece without those forms."

"I-i understand. Sorry for wasting your time."
Wri burst into the room.

"Wait! I have the paperwork right here. All Sparky has to do is sign them."

"Well then, I'd be glad to include this piece in the museum."

"Thank you so much sir!"

"Don't thank me, thank your friend over here."

"Oh, she's not just my friend, she's my sister."


The painting was her first painting ever. It was a colorful mix of tiny stars surrounding a bigger blue star in the center, it looked somewhat like a spark. She just somehow got the idea for it. She painted it for her sister for their birthday. The gift symbolized how her creations were all dedicated to her sister; the big star was Wri and the smaller ones were her creations which meant much less to her than Wri. "I have to make it up to her. If only there was someway I could fix this..." said Sparky. She tried to think of a way to fix this problem. She only had about half an hour left. She had absolutely no idea what to do. Just then, in a lucky outburst of inspiration, she got an idea. AS soon as she had everything she needed, she set to work.

About fifteen minutes before the deadline, Sparky finished her work. She walked up to the door of her sister's room and knocked on the door. "Wri, I'm sorry for always messing things up for you. I know how important your works are to you, especially your poems." There was no reply. "Remember, when we were young, we made a promise. We agreed to always help out each other with our respective arts. So far, you were the only one to fulfill that promise no matter what. I'm sorry Wri, I haven't kept our oath, but I wan't to make it up to you." said Sparky. "I fixed up your poem the best I could. It was kinda hard considering the fact that most of it was blurred, but I think I got most of it right... Please, open the door, I really am sorry."


Wri was crying. She was crying now, not because of her poems, but because of her sister's apology. Wri opened the door, and as she looked at her sister, she saw Sparky's eyes say only one thing: "I'm sorry." Wri couldn't find words to describe how happy she was now. She realized that no matter what, her sister would always find a way to make it up to her. Sparky and Wri hugged it out. As soon as they parted, Sparky spoke. "Here's your poem, I'm really sorry I ruined it." Sparky handed her sister a canvas. As Wri observed it, she was overcome with happiness. She has never been so happy in her life.

"Sparky, thank you so much! This is way better than my old poem!" said Wri.

"Did I manage to get most of the words right?" asked Sparky.

"Not really, although this is way better." replied Wri. The canvas not only contained the revised poem, but it was also decorated with Sparky's paintings. It was a painting of the two of them as kids. It was when they were playing catch in the park. "Come on! I can write down this poem and submit it!" said Wri.

"Why don't you just submit the canvas?" asked Sparky.

"Something as special to me as this shouldn't be kept just anywhere. I'm gonna hang it above our living room." said Wri. As she set out to work, Sparky decided to place the painting somewhere safe for now.

After a while, Wri had just finished copying Sparky's revised poem. "Wri, we have to get to the publisher's office in five minutes!"

"What?! Let's go!" They both galloped towards the publisher's place.

"It's almost time to check out boss." said the guardspony.

"Yeah I know, but I am waiting for a mare named Write Idea. She has potential as a writer." replied the publisher. As if on cue, Sparky and Wri finally made it. "Ahh, Miss Write Idea, do yyou have your poem with you?"

"I sure do. Here you go." Wri handed the new poem to Post Sharer, the publisher.

"Thank you, your poem will be in next month's magazine."

"Actually, my sister helped me write it, could you add her into the sources?" asked Wri.

"Sure. Thank you girls very much, and good night." said Post. Sparky and Wri were overjoyed. Now all they had to do was wait for next month's issue to be released.


"Sparky! I got the new issue!" said Wri.

"Really?! Flip it to the poem!" said Sparky. Wri flipped the pages to their poem and read aloud:

Since I was young,
You were always by my side;
When I was sick, when I was sad,
Whenever I was hurt and cried.

You never let me down,
You always made me smile.
Whenever I would frown,
You'd cheer me up with your artistic style.

No matter what happens,
I'll always be by your side.
You are my dearest sister,
And if you ever got lost,
For you I'd search worldwide.

-Write Idea and Creative Spark

"Thanks a lot Sparky, you really came through for me in the end." said Wri.

"I promised you didn't I? Besides, like our poem said, 'No matter what happens, I'll always be by your side'." said Sparky. They both shared a hug. As they hugged, nopony noticed, but a small flash appeared on Sparky's flank. She had just earned her cutie mark; it was a big blue star that looked somewhat like a spark.

Comments ( 5 )

Wow! This was a great first chapter for a story. I thought the idea for it was pretty cool.

Mexican pink mane.

what did that mean?

this gives me your view on their personalities at least.

yyou

Late and insubstantial, but ya got a double-y.

5941566 Thank you for pointing that out.

Login or register to comment