• Published 5th Nov 2011
  • 4,687 Views, 41 Comments

Phineas and Ferb's Equestrian Adventure! - Blankments



Phineas and Ferb's daily machine takes them to Equestria! Will they ever get back to Danville?

  • ...
2
 41
 4,687

It's a Perfect Day

Princess Luna was not a happy pony at the moment. Nightmare Night was supposed to be her holiday, but her overprotective big sister Celestia had freaked out that her sister hadn’t told her where she had gone. It wasn’t fair that Celestia got all the freedom when she was just as much of a princess.

Annoyed, she had gone down to what she had dubbed her room for the past year: the royal archives and library. Luna enjoyed the company of books, particularly the old ones that spoke in the tongue she was more fluent, although thanks to Twilight Sparkle and the other Ponyville citizens, she’d give the newer books a try soon. Either way, she had settled down in the library to read the Shakesmare classic, “A Summer Sun Celebration Night’s Dream,” when she saw a flash of light and heard a crash down the hall. Worried that perhaps one of the new statues Celestia had forced on her fell over, she went to investigate.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EARLIER THAT DAY

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So, I’m in charge, right?” Candace asked her parents.

Her mother Linda (who was not a magical talking pony) looked over from applying her makeup. “Candace, we’ve been over this tons of times. Yes, you’re in charge.”

“But this is, like, the first time you’re going to be gone for a whole week! Are you sure you want me in charge?” Candace asked.

Candace’s stepfather Lawrence looked up from his suitcase. “Aren’t you a little too old to need a babysitter?”

Linda’s children were definitely old enough to not need her for everything. Linda answered, “No, no she’s not. But in this case, she’s going to have to be the babysitter.”

“Really?” Candace squealed in joy.

Linda sighed. “Unfortunately, yes.”

Candace fist-pumped in triumph. “Yes! Don’t worry, Mom, I’ll call you if my brothers need busting, and let me tell you, they’re totally gonna–”

"No!" Linda said. Candace's wild stories about her brothers' imaginary antics were the last thing she needed to hear on vacation. Trying to come with an excuse, she continued, “There’s, uh, no service on the cruise ship, so you’re gonna have to do all the busting yourself.”

“What? But I have no authority over busting for at least two more years!” Candace said.

Lawrence zipped up his suitcase, and said, “Take pictures. We’ll bust them when we get back if you have them.” He winked at Candace.

“I’ve tried that before!” Candace said snidely.

Lawrence shrugged. “Oh, well, then, just follow them around on their ‘adventures.’ I’m sure you’ll find some way to bust them.”

“... Fine.” Candace said, storming out of the room. Passing through the kitchen, she saw her brothers. Phineas and Ferb were eating their cereal, with Perry at their feet.

“Hey, Candace,” Phineas said.

“I’m going upstairs to talk to Stacy, so don’t you dare try to talk to me, you devil children!” Candace yelled at them. She stormed upstairs in anger.

Ferb raised his eyebrow. “It must be that time of month.”

“For her Ducky Momo marathon?” Phineas said.

Ferb nodded.

“Wasn’t that last week?”

Perry made his little platypus chattering sound in agreement.

The boys continued eating their cereal when their mom and dad walked out to the kitchen. “Good-bye, boys!” Linda said.

“Bye, mom!” Phineas replied.

“Don’t drive Candace too insane,” Lawrence said.

“Us? We drive Candace insane?” Phineas asked.

“Unfortunately, yes,” Linda mused as she turned to call up the stairs. “Bye Candace!”

Candace poked her head out of her bedroom door. “Yeah, whatever.”

The parents left the house, followed by Phineas and Ferb. The taxi pulled up, and Linda and Lawrence then got into the car to go to the airport. Phineas and Ferb waved good-bye to their parents, and then Phineas asked, “Ferb, what do you wanna do today?”

Ferb pointed down the street.

“Baljeet’s house? Okay, then.”

Phineas went back inside the house, and yelled up to Candace, “Me and Ferb are going to Baljeet’s house!”

“I don’t care! On the phone!” Candace yelled downstairs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The boys found Baljeet, their nerdy, if slightly weird friend, in his backyard, hitting his head against a tree. “Baljeet?” Phineas asked cautiously.

Baljeet looked up to the boys and sighed in anguish, “Hey Phineas. Hey Ferb.”

Phineas and Ferb looked at each other, and then back to Baljeet. “What’s wrong, Baljeet?”

Baljeet sighed again and then said, “Remember that Summer Rocks course that ended up being for being a rock... star?”

“Of course!” Phineas said. “That was one of our most musically inclined adventures!”

“Well,” Baljeet said, “after that misadventure, I decided to look into my summer camps closer.”

“Seems like that would make sense,” Phineas nodded.

“So, I got in what I thought was a hippology camp, but it turns out to be just a creative writing course about horses!” Baljeet exclaimed.

“That’s terrible!” Phineas said.

“Actually, it really isn’t,” Baljeet said. “It’s only awkward since I’m the only guy in it... But anyway, the issue is that I have no ideas for stories about horses!”

“Baljeet, you’re great at creativity!” Phineas said. “I’m sure you could write a great story!”

“No, I’m not,” Baljeet said. “All I ever do is report the facts, and I have no idea what horses think!”

Phineas turned to Ferb. “Ferb, I know we’re gonna do today!”

Baljeet said, “Of course, and now, you’re gonna say ‘Hey, where’s Perry?’ instead of helping me!”

Phineas and Ferb turned to Baljeet. “Uh,” Phineas started, “we are going to help you, Baljeet.”

Baljeet’s expression brightened immediately. “Hoora–”

“Hey, where’s Perry?” Phineas asked.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perry, who was not only the family’s pet platypus, but also a secret agent, looked around the yard to make sure no one was watching. He pressed a button on a tree, and went down the pneumatic tube to his lair. He grabbed his signature fedora, and put it on, jumping in his chair behind a Jumbotron-sized screen where Major Monogram (a human, not a platypus appeared.)

“Good morning, Agent P! Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz is up to his usual shenanigans. You know, buying up every horseshoe in the entire Tri-State area, sending a message on voicemail,-”

“Hello? Is this Francis? I hope so, this is like the fifteenth number I called, and every other one was either picked up by people obsessed with cats, an ex of mine, or my brother, and it’s gotten the point where I can’t even rant at random people, so this is definitely the last number I’m trying. Anyway, I’m totally not trying to take over the Tri-State Area again, so you don’t definitely need to send Agent P over. – Norm, don’t touch those horseshoes! – my very, very, small collection of horseshoes. So, no need for worry. Thank you, bye!”

“Along with stalking me on the Internet, which is a first for him, I think,” Monogram said.

“Uh, sir? That was me,” The intern Carl said.

“Ugh, not again, Carl!” Monogram facepalmed. He then turned back to Agent P. “You have your communication watch on, right?”

Perry nodded.

“Great. Do your thing, Agent P!”

Perry saluted, and got in his flying car. His theme music started as he flew away into the Danville skyline, filled with skyscrapers and apartments.

Doo-bee-doo-bee-doo-bah
Doo-bee-doo-bee-doo-bah
Doo-bee-doo-bee-doo-bah
Doo-bee-doo-bee-doo-bah
Doo-bee-doo-bee-doo-bah
Doo-bee-doo-bee-doo-bah (Yeah)
Doo-bee-doo-bee-doo-bah
Doo-bee-doo-bee-doo-bah (C'mon!)

Perry parachuted from his car, which exploded.

Perry!
He's a semi-aquatic egg-layin' mammal of action
(Doo-bee-doo-bee-doo-bah, doo-bee-doo-bee-doo-bah)

Perry landed on street-level... three blocks away from Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated. The streets were filled with woman due to a big convention in town involving attractive vampires. Perry face-palmed and started running through the crowds of women.

He's a furry little flatfoot who'll never flinch from a fray
He's got more than just mad skill
He's got a beaver tail and a bill
And the women swoon whenever they hear him say...

Perry stopped running, tired. Looking around at all the women, Perry did his signature chatter, causing the women to swoon to the ground.

He's Perry, Perry the Platypus
Perry, Perry the Platypus
Doo-bee-doo-bee-doo-bah
Doo-bee-doo-bee-doo-bah
Doo-bee-doo-bee-doo-bah
Doo-bee-doo-bee-doo-bah
Doo-bee-doo-bee-doo-bah
Doo-bee-doo-bee-doo-bah
Doo-bee-doo-bee-doo-bah
Doo-bee-doo-bee-doo-bah

Perry arrived at Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated. He looked up and saw the long way up. He chatter-sighed and pressed a button on his hat, revealing a helicopter blade. He began flying up to the top floor.

Well he's lookin' real sharp in his 1940s fedora
(Doo-bee-doo-bee-doo-bah, doo-bee-doo-bee-doo-bah)
He's got an iron will, nerves of steel, and several other metal-themed attributes

Doofenshmirtz’s daughter Vanessa looked out her window on the tenth floor of the twenty-story building. She was annoyed by her father being evil, but then she saw Perry flying up, and she smiled.

His fur is watertight
And he's always up for a fight
So when evil hears this sound it shakes in its boots

Perry chattered as he passed the fifteenth-floor.

He's Perry, Perry the Platypus
Perry, Perry the Platypus

Perry passed the roof, as he looked down in despair. He pressed the button that had started the blade in attempt to stop the blades. It short-circuited.

He's got more than just mad skill
He's got a beaver tail and a bill

Perry chewed off the blade, leaving him to fall... onto the roof. His hat landed on him perfectly.

And the women swoon whenever they hear him say...

Some turrets popped out of the door to shoot at Perry. Perry quickly used his hat as a weapon, throwing it to cut off the turret heads. Perry chattered in pleasure.

He's Perry (Perry), Perry the Platypus
Yeah, Perry (Perry), Perry the Platypus
Talkin' 'bout Perry
Agent P!

Perry jumped through a hole in the roof, and was immediately trapped in a cage shaped to look oddly like a stable. Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz walked out of the shadows cast by a machine covered with a sheet. “Ah, Perry the Platypus, what an impeccable surprise!”

Perry glared at him.

“Okay, you’re right, it wasn’t a surprise, but it’s such a fun catchphrase! Really though, do you think I couldn’t hear you come in with that extended theme music? All that did was waste precious time and blow your cover, no matter how catchy it is!” the mad scientist said.

Perry continued glaring at Doofenshmirtz.

“I mean, I have a theme musical sting! Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated! Now that’s a good song, Perry the Platypus!” the scientist said.

Perry’s glare continued, almost boring a hole into the scientist’s head.

“Okay, okay, okay,” the mad scientist replied. “I know, you want to know what my evil plan is today. Well, I have bought up all the horseshoes in the Tri-State Area!”

Perry rolled his eyes.

“Hey, give me some respect!” the mad scientist said. “Anyway, I know what you’re thinking. ‘How could horseshoes be used for evil?’ Well, by this!”

He pulled the sheet off the machine, a large rocking horse with rockets on the rockers and a ray in the middle of the forehead. There was a pill next to the machine along with a huge pile of horseshoes. “The Horse-inator! This machine, fueled by all the horseshoes in the Tri-State Area, will allow me to turn the entire Tri-State Area population into horses – besides me, of course; that’s why I have this pill. It keeps me from turning into a horse, y’know. Might as well swallow it now...” The mad scientist swallowed the pill. “Oh, I need some water... never mind. Anyways, with the entire population horses besides me, I’ll be the only member of the dominant species in all of Danville, giving me an easy path to rule the entire Tri-State Area!” He cackled evilly.

Perry’s eyes widened in terror, and started struggling to get out of the cage-stable.

Doofenshmirtz continued laughing until he launched into a coughing fit. After a few coughs, he said, “I need some water now for sure. But first!” He pressed the right-most button on the three-button console of the Horse-inator. He turned to Perry, and shrugged, “It needs to charge.” He then headed for the kitchen to get some water.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phineas hammered on top of his and his brother’s new machine, which was starting to look quite like a very large time capsule. While the boys were a little young to be experimenting with transdimensional travel, it was exactly the sort of thing they did every day. Ferb welded while Baljeet looked at their plans, twiddling his fingers.

“Are you sure this is going to work, guys? I don’t even know alternate dimensions exist!” Baljeet said.

“Cheer up, Baljeet, I’m sure we can do it now, whether we’ve done it before or not!” Phineas said optimistically.

“Whatcha doin’?” Isabella, the girl from next door wearing a pink jumper, had walked into the boys’ backyard while Baljeet was arguing with Phineas. Phineas smiled and jumped off the top of the machine when he saw Isabella.

“Hey, Isabella!” Phineas said. “We’re building a machine that’ll take Baljeet and us to an alternate dimension with talking horses!”

“Why don’t you just use that machine you built to talk to all animals?” Isabella asked.

“We don’t do reruns,” Ferb said, looking up from welding.

“Yeah, what Ferb said,” Phineas said, confused. “You’re talkative today.”

Ferb shrugged.

Phineas turned his attention back to Isabella, “Talking to horses will help Baljeet write his story for his hippology class!”

“Then why aren’t you going to an alternate dimension with talking hippos?” Isabella asked Baljeet.

“Hippology is the study of horses, not hippos!” Baljeet said, looking up from the blueprints.

“Okay, okay! Sheesh,” Isabella muttered.

Suddenly, the fence door swung open, revealing Buford, the town bully who seriously needed some sun. “Yo, nerd! You’re missing your weekly pounding!”

“Now, Buford, we switched that to next Monday,” Baljeet said, not even looking up from his plans.

“Oh, yeah. Sorry,” Buford said sheepishly. He turned to Phineas. “So, what are you guys doing today?”

“They’re building a machine to go to an alternate dimension to talk to ponies,” Isabella answered for Phineas.

Buford laughed mockingly. “Seriously? And I’m sure you guys are expecting to see sunshine, rainbows, and lollipops there!”

Isabella rolled her eyes, “Horses are awesome!”

“For girls!”

“Guys can like them too!”

“Yeah, right!”

“Anyways,” Phineas interrupted, “the capsule should fit six people, so along with me, Ferb, and Baljeet, you two can come.”

“No way!” Buford yelled. “I’m not wasting my day with stupid fairy unicorns when I could be beating up some other kid!”

“I’ll come with you guys,” Isabella said, staring defiantly at Buford. “I’m not afraid to be proven right.”

“I’m not afraid!” Buford retorted back to Isabella. He turned to Phineas and grabbed him by the shirt. “I’m going with you, whether you want me or not!”

“Okay,” Phineas said nonchalantly.

Buford dropped him gently. “Can we help build it? I want this over with!”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“... And then my daughter said I need to be twenty percent eviler to be considered a true threat. Can you believe that, Perry the Platypus? My own daughter insulted my evilness!” Doofenshmirtz was ranting to Perry in the room, while Perry was secretly working his way out with his ever handy watch laser.

“Ooh, look! The Horse-inator is done charging!” the mad scientist said giddily. Indeed it was, causing Perry’s eyes to widen in horror. Doofenshmirtz frowned. “This isn’t right. You haven’t broken out of your trap yet!”

Perry looked at the scientist, oddly, but continued to work away at his restraints.

Doofenshmirtz continued, walking towards the Horse-inator, “You know how it works, Perry the Platypus. You break out of your trap by now, thwarting me RIGHT after the –inator finishes charging. It just doesn’t seem right. I mean, it’s not like–”

Perry broke the restraints in the stable and broke out, punching the scientist in the face!

“Finally!” Doofenschmirtz said. “Now we can get down to business!” He grabbed a few horseshoes and started throwing them at Perry. Perry dodged the first two, but the last one hit his bill lightly. The scientist laughed, but Perry threw it back at the scientist, hitting him in the face. Hard. “Ow!” the mad scientist involuntarily said. The scientist grabbed three more horseshoes, and threw them all at Perry, perfectly landing on the platypus’s foot, trapping him. “Yes! Now, to turn the entire Tri-State Area into my equestrian domain!” The scientist triumphantly said, his hand reaching for the middle button.

Perry quickly wedged his foot out from under the horseshoes, and hit the remaining button, the left button. The ray at the top of the machine then turned to Perry and Doof, charging ominously. “No! Perry the Platypus, you pressed the extra button I put on!” Doof screamed in terror.

Perry looked at Doof in fear.

“Don’t look at me like that! I have no idea what it does!” Doof said.

The ray, fully charged, hit both Doof and Perry. A blinding light appeared.

When the light disappeared, Perry realized they were not in Danville anymore. He saw that Doof was pinned under a statue of something that appeared to have the head of a pony and a body of, well, a lot of other animals. The statue’s face was screaming in panic. “Help me, Perry the Platypus,” Doof groaned.

Perry ran over to Doof, and attempted to lift the statue. Being a platypus, however, the statue was impossibly heavy for him to lift. Perry looked at Doof in despair.

Doof’s eyes widened in shock.

Perry heard a light walking sound. Wanting to keep his cover, he ran off to the end of the hall the statue was in, avoiding the oddly-shaped figure by hiding in the shadows. He found a door leading to a staircase, which he opened and went upstairs. Finding himself in a great hall, bigger than anything the platypus had ever seen, and extremely stressed on not knowing where he was, Perry passed out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Princess Luna thought she had heard something scurrying away, but she shrugged it off, assuming it was just her mind playing a trick on her. However, the creature she saw pinned under Discord in frozen animation was definitely not a trick. She had no idea what it was, but it could speak her language. “Help me,” the creature was saying.

Luna looked closer at the thing. It looked weak... and kind of pathetic. Luna definitely couldn’t see how the creature could be a threat, so picked the statue of Discord off the creature with her telekinesis. The creature looked astonished by this, as if it was an impossible feat. Once she had put the Discord statue back to its rightful place, she turned around to see the creature right in front of her. The creature was standing on two legs, unusual for Equestria creatures, and was wearing some type of coat and pants. The only type of fur – hair – it had was eyebrows and a little on the top.

“Hey!” the creature exclaimed.

She jumped back in shock. The creature looked embarrassed, but Luna decided to get the point across. Time to break out the Traditional Royal Canterlot Voice, she thought with a smile. This might just be the last chance to use it, she reasoned, so why not have fun with it? “We do not appreciate being scared by thee!”

The creature cowered down.

Luna continued, “What art thou, whelp? Tell us or we may smite thee!”

The creature started bowing and speaking, “I am Heinz Doofenshmirtz, please don’t kill me.”

Luna smiled. So the creature wasn’t powerful, and thankfully, it had a name. “We shall dub thee Doof!”

Doof frowned but didn’t say anything, and just nodded his head.

Luna frowned. This was no fun. Here she was, given an actual pony – no, some other creature - to befriend, and she was ignoring Twilight Sparkle’s lessons. Luna decided to speak normally and say, “Never mind.”

Doof looked up oddly.

“I will call you by your first name, Heinz. I prefer first name basis.” Luna said.

Heinz was getting up off the ground, but he asked, “What’s your name then? I figure if you’re gonna call me by my first name, I should probably know what yours is. Just makes sense, you know? Like I wouldn’t call my da-”

“Luna.”

“What?”

“I am Princess Luna,” Luna explained, not wanting to listen to Heinz rant, “and I have never seen a creature like thee– I mean, you before. Has your species shown up only in the last thousand years?”

“No way! We’ve been around since the dawn of man!” Heinz said proudly.

“Man?” Luna asked. “What is man?”

“Well, it’s-” Heinz stopped. “Come out of the shadows or I won’t tell you anything. How do I not know you’re not a Fireside girl trying to sell me cookies?”

Luna had no idea what Heinz was talking about, but she had been hiding in the shadows. If he’s going to be our – my friend, I should reveal myself to him. She stepped out, hoping he would not be scared at the sight of “Nightmare Moon.”

Heinz’s jaw dropped. “You’re, you’re, you’re-”

“Yes, I know,” Luna sighed. She had gotten this reaction far too often. “I’m Nightmare Moo-”

“You’re a pony!” Heinz exclaimed, pointing his finger at her surprise.

Luna blinked. “Yes. I am. Same with Celestia.”

“Ponies can’t talk!” Heinz said in denial.

“Yes,” Luna said, annoyed, “We can.”

“Since when?” Heinz said.

“Since Equestria was made...” Luna said, pointing out the obvious.

“Equestria? Is this, like, some small country I’ve never heard of?” Heinz asked, confused.

Luna scoffed. “Equestria is the largest land in the world. Heck, it might even be the entire world. Nopony has ever even reached the borders!”

Heinz seemed to try to process this information.

Luna pressed on, “Where are you from? Fillydelphia? Manehatten?”

Heinz said, “I’m from the Tri-State Area of the United States of America.”

“Never heard of it,” Luna said bluntly.

“Wait,” Heinz said, “I remember what the button did now!”

“What?” Luna asked, confused.

“It’s meant to reverse the point of the machine!” Heinz said, lost in his own thoughts. “Instead of turning the entire Tri-State Area into horses, it somehow transported me and Perry the Platypus-”

“Who?”

“My nemesis,” Heinz shrugged. “It’s a long story. Anyway, it somehow transported us to a world where horses are the dominant species and humans are nowhere to be seen!”

Now Luna was the one trying to process information. “Wait. Assuming what you’re saying is true, how will you get back to...?”

“The Tri-State Area?” Heinz answered. “Simple; I just need to rebuild my machine and then reverse its polarity, and then I’m home free!”

No fair! Luna thought. I’ve finally made a friend, and he’s leaving? Wait a second... “You’re not a pony.”

Heinz looked at Luna like she was crazy. “Duh.”

“Well,” Luna said. “You can’t go out and buy supplies for yourself. You’ll need somepony else to buy them for you.”

Heinz thought about this for a second, and then smiled, “You can buy my supplies!”

“Yes,” Luna replied, not missing a beat. “But I just met you, and as you can probably tell by the décor,” she gestured at the books, “I’m a big story fan.”

“And?” Heinz seemed lost.

“And,” Luna continued, “you’re from a far off land that nopony has recorded anything from. Thus, I offer you a deal. A story for each supply you need.”

“I have no good stories to tell you,” Heinz quickly said, as if he was trying to cover something up.

Luna ignored it, and continued, “I don’t care about the quality of the stories; I just wish to hear them. I’m very curious of your world, Heinz.”

Heinz was silent for once.

“Do we have a deal, Heinz?” Luna asked, extending her hoof.

Heinz looked her in the face, grabbed her hoof, and shook it. “Deal.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So then Jeremy said, ‘Oatmeal? Are you crazy?’ Can you believe that?” Candace said into her phone to her best friend.

“Uh, what does oatmeal have to do with anything?” Stacy asked.

“Don’t you remember? Phineas and Ferb built the world’s biggest bowl of oatmeal last week!” Candace screamed into the phone. “Jeremy had to have seen it, but he denies everything.”

“I didn’t see anything either,” Stacy pointed out.

“See? They’re getting better! Soon, even I won’t be able to see what they made!” Candace freaked out.

“Calm down,” Stacy replied. “Do you know what they’ve built today?”

Candace blinked. “I actually haven’t checked yet... I’ll call you back, Stacy.” Candace hung up her phone and looked out the window. Phineas, Ferb, and their friends were standing in front of something that resembled a bus. “Not on my watch!”

Candace ran downstairs and went to the backyard. “You guys are so busted!”

“Oh, hi, Candace!” Phineas turned around.

“Whatever. So, what’s this bus thingy?” Candace asked bluntly, crossing her arms.

“What? Oh, this,” Phineas replied, gesturing to the machine. “It’s gonna take us to an alternate dimension where we can talk to horses.”

“... Why did you make that?” Candace asked. “It’s kinda out there for even you geeks.”

“It was Baljeet’s idea,” Phineas explained. “He needs to talk to horses for a project.”

“Hello,” Baljeet murmured.

Candace ignored Baljeet. “What do you care about horses? They’re just stupid animals!”

“Told you,” Buford said to Isabella. Isabella rolled her eyes.

“And I’m coming with you!” Candace continued.

“Uh, why?” Isabella interrupted.

“I need to be the responsible one and watch over my brothers! And their friends,” Candace responded, matter-of-factly.

“Alright then,” Phineas said. “Everyone load up and we can be home by dinner!”

Phineas, Ferb, Baljeet, Isabella, Buford, and Candace all got in the machine. “Everyone buckle up!” Phineas told everyone from the driver’s seat. Ferb stood up, and buckled up to show everyone. He didn’t really need to though, since they hadn’t had time for the installation of the rest of the seat belts.

“Now, to talk to horses!” Phineas shouted, reaching for the only button in front of him. He paused for a second. “That was supposed to sound a lot cooler than it did, Ferb.”

Ferb shrugged.

“Okay,” Phineas said as he pushed the button. The machine immediately went into a free fall. The kids all screamed, except for Ferb, of course. Suddenly, the interior of the machine went pitch black, making it impossible to see anything. “Don’t worry guys! We’ll be okay!” Phineas shouted over the screaming.

“I was expecting a much quicker trip to horses!” Baljeet said.

“Shut up!” Buford yelled, clearly terrorized.

A flash appeared through the cabin revealing a disturbing sight. “You guys are all... horses!” Candace screamed.

Before anyone could react, the machine hit... something, and broke into pieces. The six newly made horses fell and landed in what appeared to the remains of a really small house. When the dust cleared, it still wasn’t that clear what had happened, except they knew what they now looked like. Phineas was a Pegasus with an orange body and a white mane, Ferb was a unicorn with a purple body and a green mane. Baljeet was a unicorn with a brown body and a black mane, Isabella was an Earth pony with a pink body and a white mane, Buford was an Earth pony with a black body and a beige mane, and Candace was a Pegasus with a red body and a white mane. “What happened?” Candace asked, panicking.

“Why are we horses, Phineas?” Isabella asked.

Buford started crying.

“Snap out of it, Buford!” Baljeet yelled, slapping Buford with his newfound tail.

Phineas rubbed his new snout with his hoof. “It doesn’t make any sense. Unless it picked up some frequencies from any electronics, which none of us have, right?” Phineas mused.

“Uh...” Candace started while nervously shifting hoof to hoof. “You never said anything about electronics.”

“It was assumed,” Baljeet said as he looked up from Buford.

“Yeah,” Isabella interrupted, “Everyone knows never to bring electronics on interdimensional travel.”

“I didn’t!” Candace said, as she looked around. “I brought my cell phone with me, guys.”

Buford gave Candace a death-glare. “Now what can we do?”

Ferb looked at the remains of the machine stuck in the trees and then gave Phineas a look.

“Good point, Ferb,” Phineas answered. “We can rebuild the machine, and ask some locals around for parts! We’ll be back home in a few hours!”

Suddenly, from out of nowhere, a blur of blue tackled Phineas to the ground. “What the-”

“Why did you break Fluttershy’s chicken coop?” the blue Pegasus demanded.

“Flutter- who?” Phineas said. “And can you get off me? It’d be easier to talk standing up.”

The blue Pegasus flew off of Phineas hesitantly, and then asked again: “Aren’t you colts a little young to be wrecking chicken houses?”

So that’s what we landed in, Phineas thought to himself. “Yes, yes we are, and we’re really sorry about that. My name’s Phineas.”

The blue Pegasus flew down and landed next to Phineas, inspecting him. “Never heard that name before. The name’s Rainbow Dash.”

Buford couldn’t resist laughing. Rainbow Dash turned to him and laughed, “And what’s your name? With this guy having such a dorky name like Phineas–”

“Hey!” Phineas complained.

“No offense,” Rainbow Dash apologized, then continued. “You’ve gotta have a worse name.”

“It’s Buford,” Buford proclaimed, proudly.

Rainbow Dash started laughing. “My point exactly.”

“Anyway,” Isabella interrupted to try a polite approach, “do you know where we can get supplies, Ms. Dash?”

“Ms.?” Rainbow Dash smirked. “You guys are kinda funny. That’ll help you out since everypony else is coming.”

Candace smirked as well. “Everypony?”

Rainbow Dash flew up. “Yep, they’re right over there.” She pointed in the direction she had come from.

Five other ponies were heading their way. “These are my best friends,” Rainbow Dash said to the six below her. “So don’t do anything stupid.”

“What can we do that’d be considered stupid to horses?” Baljeet asked.

“Ponies,” Rainbow Dash corrected. “And trust me; you guys have done a lot of stupid things in the past minute.”

“Well,” Phineas yelled to Rainbow Dash, “we love making new friends, so it’ll go good.” He attempted to give Rainbow Dash a thumbs-up.

Rainbow just laughed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The guard pony was glad this was his first, and only, day on the job. He had been assigned to the end of the Grand Hall, also known as Luna’s domain. Even though his true employer had insisted the night princess was no longer Nightmare Moon, he still kept his fears of Luna.

He kept pacing the hall, watching out for any potential threats. He suddenly heard a door open – perhaps the one to the royal archives? No matter where it lead, he headed toward it to see what had happened, but then found a very peculiar specimen with a fedora sleeping by the staircase. The guard pony quickly looked around, and, seeing nopony else was around, pulled out a sack, and threw the specimen in it. The guard pony then took off his helmet, smiling as he left the Grand Hall.

Comments ( 41 )

HA HA tracked.

This is . . . perfect. A perfect synthesis of both shows. I'm hearing the dialogue in the characters' voices as I read, and Doof's lines are particularly hilarious. :rainbowlaugh:

It had to be done at some point...:derpytongue2:

looking forward to seeing where this goes. havent really seen your charactarization of the mane 6 yet, but if phineas and the gang are any indication. i'm sure it'll be great. i dont rate stories from just the first chapter, but you're on track for a 4-4.5. keep it up!

Comment posted by Cunt_Crusader deleted Jul 31st, 2014
#6 · Nov 5th, 2011 · · ·

This is... eh.

As a fan of both shows, I can tell you that the general characterization is down pretty pat, but the writing style leaves a lot to be desired. There's no real attempt to add much of any description to actions and as a result it can be hard to see where things are going or what exactly is happening. Some areas are simply long strings of dialogue that appear to jump from one area to another without any explanation or elaboration, which can completely baffle the mind and make it so that you can't tell exactly what is going on.

Furthermore, a lot of the time you do try to add some description or elaboration, it comes across rather blandly and awkwardly. For example, in the Perry section, you say "in despair" or "with terror" like... six times in the span of what can't even be a page. It's a little repetetive and gets old incredibly quickly.

It also seems to move very fast. Too fast really. For how long it is it honestly feels like a drive-by story. You may want to take some time to slow down, elaborate, and give a sense of atmosphere, emotion, reaction, and environment. As it is it just feels like we're trying to rush to a finish.

Also, I can't help but admit that I'm rather sick of stories where the heroes turn into ponies. That's just me though.

Basically, this story would do really REALLY well as some sort of animation, where the visual medium could take care of all the atmosphere, reaction, environment, emotion, and pacing, simply through being able to see everything going on rather than it needing to be described for us, but in the written medium it sorta falters a fair bit.

Not a BAD story, but from a technical standpoint it may need some work.

Nice concept though.

#7 · Nov 8th, 2011 · · ·

CANT....COMPREHEND....EPICNESS :derpyderp2::derpyderp1:

#8 · Nov 9th, 2011 · · ·

Definetly a good idea.
I do not understand why you gave some of them a white mane but this story has big potential.
I can truly see a scene where Perry and Angel meet for the first time and also one about the reaktions when the rest of the mane 6 are there(especialy Pinky)

#9 · Nov 12th, 2011 · · ·

Oh, Celestia! this is priceless! I am SERIOSULY gonna try to track this story! It's funny how some people actually made references to the show already:
"I needed to be twenty percent eviler"
"And then Jeremy said, 'Oatmeal, are you crazy?'"

HAH! Priceless! Can't wait to see what everypony's gonna do now!

Overall, pretty enjoyable. You have the characterization nailed on the Phineas and Ferb characters. Just two places where I thought you fell down the stairs:

1) I would think Doofenschmirtz would be EAGER to tell Luna stories. He loves a good story/musical number.
2) Perry just passing out after Doof ends up pinned felt kind of arbitrary to me. Perry's pretty tough and not prone to fainting from stress.

:pinkiehappy:

34266

For #1, he's talking to a pony. Not only that, a talking Alicorn from an alternate universe. I think he'll be too shocked and surprised to want to say anything.

y u no make moar

Revised first chapter is up. I promise, a real second chapter will be up by the end of the month.

Blankments, you better get a new one up real soon! The first chapter was so awesome, I insta-tracked it. :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

Tracked. The dialog is spot on for both shows. The descriptions for the ponified kids seem off to me. You have Ferb with a purple coat and green mane/hair, but then you have Phineas with an Orange coat and white hair? Huh? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Last seen online: 8 weeks, 5 days ago

I take that to mean the story is pretty much dead. A shame too, it was such a promising start... Phineas and Ferb needs more love, it is a really good cartoon.

R.I.P

Awesome story :applecry:

could be stuck at school. I am sometimes but i get work done real fast. really really fast. faster than you say AAAAAAApplloosa.

I'm back. I'm not telling you when to expect chapter 2 this time, but I am working on it. I'll attempt to adjust to a regular schedule starting in June, but I think Chapter 2 deserves to come out as soon as possible.

Need moar *Y U No face*

I LOVE PHINEAS AND FERB! It's so cool!

I love it, please make more

Please continue this! I love it!!!!:heart:

This is pretty good, but there's not much action. Everybody's kind of like, okay, I'll go along with everything. But other than that it's really good.

1029037
To be fair, that tends to be the way they act whenever something happens.

Also, this needs to update, like, naow.

Strange how Issabell isn't jumping alovet the place

41785
He's an anthropomorphic platypus working for a secret agency that only employs animals to thwart the petty plans of a pharmacist evil scientist who he somehow befriended despite them hating each other. You'd think he'd be pretty used to the weird.

2936180 good point. Very good point.

This reads just like an episode of Phineas and Ferb.

Interesting story, but is it dead? I hope not :twilightsmile:

4658761 *whispers* I think it 's deeeeaad

4771586 quick i need 60cc's of sugar cube corner cupcakes and a pinkie pie stat! :pinkiehappy: we will torment the author with them until he or she revives! :pinkiehappy::twilightsmile:

4771990 Waaay ahead of you *opens truck full off sugary sweets* :pinkiecrazy:

4774278 "Very good!" *begins shoving cupcakes down the authors throat trying to revive them* :pinkiehappy:

4774528 Crap he's choking! *pulls out toilet plunger* I'll fix it!

4774711 I do hope thats a brand new one :rainbowlaugh:

4777830 uhh....*slyly throws toilet plunger away, grabbing a new one in the process*

Login or register to comment