• Published 29th Nov 2014
  • 2,357 Views, 61 Comments

Ponies Watch Anime - Choral Note



Every wonder what ponies think of anime? Here are my ideas...

  • ...
8
 61
 2,357

Celestia and Luna watch Pop Team Epic

"Hey, Luna, you like anime, right?"

It was a day just like any other when Celestia called Luna to her room. Luna, naturally, trotted in at the sound of her name, curious as to why her sister had called.

"Well, yes, there are a few that I quite enjoy- didn't I tell you to check out Boku no Hero Academia?" Luna replied.

Celestia waved her hoof dismissively. "Yes, you did, Luna, but come look at this!" Her computer screen was paused at the beginning of a show, fullscreened so Luna couldn't tell what the title was.

"A recommendation? That sounds nice, sister, but what's it ca-"

"No time, let's just watch!" Celestia exclaimed as she pressed the play button. Luna decided to sit down in the chair next to her sister, since she knew whatever she had to show to her sister must be good.

The opening of the show looked to be one of a typical idol romance anime, which some ponies might find boring, but Luna found herself drawn to all genres of stories, no matter how trite their tropes. Plus, the character designs looked quite cute and the opening was catchy.

However, just as Luna got excited for the episode to truly begin when the opening ended, a character with a completely different art style burst through the screen.

"Wh- Celestia, what is-" Luna glanced back at Celestia, only to find that she had disappeared. With no one left to offer an explanation of the show's sudden turn, she simply looked back at the screen and hoped that her questions would soon be answered.


No questions were answered. Nothing was answered.

The true show began with a few simple but nonsensical shorts, with the logo and the title of the show playing in between each (turns out the title was Poputepipikku, which she supposed Celestia hadn't told her due to the fact that the fake idol anime had a different title).

However, it quickly incredibly confusing as it seemed that the characters were put into different worlds with no break or explanation as the screen glitched and distorted. She continued to watch, if only for some semblance of an explanation. But alas, none was given. The shorts went back to how they were before, with the logo in between each one (and some...... very strange segments as well) until the episode finally ended with a cute credits sequence.

Luna stared at the screen, thinking about what, exactly, the heck she just watched, as Celestia walked back into the room with some nonspecific snacks.

"Oh, did you finish watching already, Lulu? I didn't think preparing the snacks would take this long; sorry about that," she explained. "I didn't want to interrupt you, since you seemed to be... really into it." She stifled a slight laugh.

Luna stared at her, blankly, before getting up and promptly leaving the room.

"...Yeah, that's kind of what I expected," Celestia sighed. "Would you at least tell me whether your favorite is Popuko or Pipimi?"

Luna gave no response.

"...Hey hey, are you upset?"

"...I am not upset."

Author's Note:

Hey there. It's been a while.
Soo this was a bit rushed because I had a sudden burst of inspiration (can you tell I really like Pop Team Epic?)
Anyways. I hope this turned out somewhat well. Probably not tho

Comments ( 3 )

5327114

"Mad Bull 34" No! None of that! Shame on you!

Though honestly if you're gonna go down that road, why not Violence Jack, Or La Blue Girl, or even Tenchi in Tokyo if you just want them to suffer?

Though Outlaw Star would be interesting, to see them watch, Or Death Note, there's old classics like Ninja Scroll, and Akira as well.

..... I don't get it.

Loved It!!💖💖💖 I Love This Idea!!😋😝😊

Login or register to comment