• Published 30th Apr 2012
  • 798 Views, 12 Comments

New Winds - Geios



A heist to steal an airship goes terribly wrong for our thief.

  • ...
0
 12
 798

A New Plan

- A New Plan -

Morning came, far more pleasant than any other morning to the thief. As he now had a luxury airship and that of which has a luxury bed that provided him with the best sleep of his life. The added security helped as well. From what he saw of the layout, this ship was pretty much like a flying house, kitchen and all.

The thief got up out of bed and made his way over to the porthole revealing the sky outside.
He wanted to know if what he had seen the previous was gone and that he was just hallucinating. There was no city to be seen from the porthole. There was however clouds that seem to be circling around the ship. Some kind of figures were at equal distance from each other facing away from the ship.

He made his way to the bridge to see if this circle of clouds extended to that side of the ship as well. Along the way he was greeted by the automated defences, oh the irony. As he reached the bridge the view was pretty much the same aside from the fact that there was a floating city made of clouds staring him in the face. Not to mention more figures facing away from the ship, and what it looked like, though he was not quite sure at the time, creatures with wings on the other side of the figures.

Wings were open for public use, but not on this mass of a scale. They were still only in prototype stages, at least that’s what the newspapers had said. Regardless, if his ship was causing some sort of scene, he didn’t want to be around for long. He took hold of the throttle and pushed forward on it slowly while pulling back on the wheel. The crowd in front of him dissipating from view as he climbed in altitude.

It wasn’t soon after that he had heard noises of something hitting the top of the ship. The thief had looked out the bridge window and saw nothing but sky. From the manual he had read the previous night he had a good idea of where everything was and and brought down the periscope to check the top of the ship. What he saw was...strange to say the least. There were what he had assumed to be ponies, taken what he had already known from his school days. The strange this about them is that they were multicolored and had wings.

He sat there just staring at the ponies with actual wings for a few seconds until one of them noticed the periscope staring at them. It looked like it was mouthing something to the others that had been on top of the ship. He thought to himself how ponies could talk, but the fact that they had actual wings was more surprising at the moment. They took off in the direction of the front of the ship at which he tracked them with the periscope, but they disappeared over the front end.

The thief put the periscope back up to its resting position and looked back outside. The ponies with wings appeared in front of the bridge, and he recoiled at the sight of them staring at him through the window. Their expressions were that of more shock than he currently had. This most likely to the fact of what he was wearing. True it may be a tad bit scary for anyone who hadn’t seen its likes before, especially the face portion. It was completely covered save for a pair of goggles and a respiratory mask.

Once he regained his composure he reached for a switch that was labeled “One Way Com.” and switched it on. From outside the airship a hatch opened up and revealed a large Victorian styled speaker. Taking a minute to figure out what it was he was going to say, and at the same time wondering if they could even understand him (being ponies and all), he finally let out a single sentence.

“Could you please back away from my ship.”

The flying ponies on the outside understood what he had said from the looks of it as they exchanged glances with each other, eventually moving to the side. Such strange things, he had thought. Though something new caught his attention as he put the ship on autopilot in a random direction away from the floating city and those ponies. There seemed to be something going on in the engine compartment as told by the blinking red light under the “Engine Status” sign.

“Oh crap...that’s not good.”

He sped towards the engine room taking the shortest way he could possibly find. Sliding down a maintenance ladder he almost missed the platform that was for the core room. The door for the core that once radiated light did not do so anymore. The thief made his way over to the porthole that allowed viewing access and took a peek inside. Aside from there being no light coming from it the core seemed fine. There were no steam leaks or anything of the sort.


Puzzled as to why an emergency light would come on for the engine he began to walk back towards the bridge. Then it hit him. What if it wasn’t an emergency light? what if it was a recharge light. He had hit a button that said Warp Drive before, maybe that was what’s recharging. It would explain why there is wasn’t anymore of that light radiating from the core.

After the whole engine incident, the thief would probably like to have a small crew right about now, what with having to run all over the ship to check on problems like the engine. Come to think of it, getting a crew wouldn’t be much of a bad idea. He could even start a legitimate business! No more life of a thief for this thief, he had thought. New ideas kept racing through his head as he walked back to the bridge to check his heading. Perhaps he could run a mail service, the concept seemed easy enough. Plus there was plenty of room on the ship to store packages, especially in the docking bay, that of which he had recently seen on the ship layout paper. The docking bay was an alright size, big enough to fit a few small steam powered aircraft, single seat, as well as have enough room left over for some crates.

When the thief had gotten to the bridge there was a shocking sight. A mountain was heading right for the ship; rather the ship was heading for a mountain! It didn’t take him long to sprint to the helm and take hold of the wheel, spinning it as hard as he could to the left to avoid catastrophe. The sheer force of the sudden immediate turn had thrown him a little off balance, holding onto the wheel for dear life, and for the ship’s sake.

Thankfully he had gotten to the bridge in just the nick of time to avoid a head-on collision with a rocky doom. The only thing worse than that might be getting stuck in a room with a moose, eventually meeting a...moosey fate.

After the whole almost dieing incident, he decided it was best to leave the ship at a hover for now. The reason for this is that he saw a land settlement at least five miles out. It was a small sight from this far up, but judging from this it was probably a bustling town, though lacking in any factories from the looks of it. It may even have people willing to join his new mail service.

“Who could resist working on such a machine as this? No one that’s who!” He had said out loud.

Since the only living thing he had seen thus far had been ponies with wings, there was no doubt that that town held the same. That means his crew would consist of...ponies... No, no that’s just silly. There was no way that a pony could possibly work on a ship, let alone even talk his language. The only way to find out for sure was to go down there and take a look for himself. Though there didn’t seem to be anyplace for his ship to dock, so that meant he would have to take one of the one seater aircraft, if this ship even housed any. Taking one last look out of the bridge window and looking down on the town he slowly turned towards the bridge door.

“Next stop...uh...what ever that place is.” He said as the steam powered door hissed open and then closed behind him.

Comments ( 11 )

Steamponies are best ponies.

522158 I approve of this. :pinkiehappy:

This thief seems to be taking this whole Equestria business a little well. Though now that I think of it, he just stole an airship with steam powered turrets on it without batting an eye. I think it's safe to assume he's seen crazier... crazy that may or may not of involved a moose and a room. I look forward to the continued adventures of this brigand. :twilightsmile:

I can imagine Rainbow Dash crashing through the cockpit causing the ship to spin out of control :rainbowlaugh:

535621 That would be quite the disaster, hahaha. :rainbowlaugh:

Just a note, you've got a couple of grammatical errors and some "grocery listing" I like to call it. If you just list stuff so directly about his setting, it becomes less of a story and more of a grocery list. Just trying to be helpful :pinkiehappy: A proofreader would make short work of your grammar errors, there aren't too many:pinkiehappy:

537842 Very well, I shall keep that in mind! Thanks! :twilightsmile:

NEW CHAPTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PLEEEAAAAASSSEEEEE!
FIMFICTION LACKS STEAMPUNK FICS!!!!

Login or register to comment