• Published 3rd Nov 2014
  • 954 Views, 6 Comments

Aria's Aria - OneOverTwo



Sapphire Shores teaches Aria Blaze how to sing. (Equestria Girls)

  • ...
2
 6
 954

The Ultimate Test.

Aria reflected back on what she had experienced with her mentor: Sapphire Shores. She couldn’t believe that she had gotten completely used to living in Sapphire’s mansion, though certain comforts helped aid that. Adagio and Sonata stuck around, but she didn’t pay much attention to what they were ever up to.

Aria’s practicing schedule had seen a massive upswing now that she lived in the same place as Sapphire Shores. She could no longer avoid her if she didn’t feel like accepting the bribe that day. She was practically practicing everyday, though she found that that wasn’t necessarily a bad thing. Thanks to all that practice, Sapphire Shores thought that Aria was ready for the ultimate test.

Aria Blaze was chosen to be the opening act for one of the Person of Pop’s shows. It wasn’t the most prestigious position, but that just meant that she didn’t have to worry about the pressure of being good as much.

Aria sang.

The audience was mesmerized. Her voice was not hypnotic anymore, but once again it was beautiful.

Aria looked over all she sang to, to all the people she had left in awe.

She smiled.

‘This is my new way,’ thought Aria Blaze.

Author's Note:

Just a little epilogue, not much of one though. Unfortunately (Unless you hated this story in which case I guess it would be fortunate for you), I can't really come up for more material for this story. I made this story when I found that Aria wasn't getting as much story-making attention as the other sirens, (especially Sonata), but I came up with the idea when I thought about how Sapphire Shores has her own tag and how I haven't seen much from it really (recently anyways). Then I realized something, both characters had the shared element of singing: One a "master" of the art and the other one who knows what it's like to sing well but no longer can. This story was also influenced by images of a Sapphire Shores Equestria Girls doll I had seen. Occasionally I have tried to get a fanfic of the ground without much success in starting it, but I had to write what I could for this one.

Comments ( 1 )

Well that was a fun little story. Definitely not the best I've read or anything, and the story could have been more substantial, but it was good for a first (or second, from the looks of it) attempt at writing.
But even though there wasn't a whole lot here, I did enjoy what was here.

I should probably include a disclaimer that I have been looking for a story about Aria without the other two Dazzlings ever since I saw the movie, and this is the first and only one to pop up, so I am a bit biased.

And you should be happy to know that this story has given me a bit of inspiration for a potential story about Sapphire Shores and the Dazzlings. We'll see if anything comes from it.

Login or register to comment