• Published 3rd Nov 2014
  • 954 Views, 6 Comments

Aria's Aria - OneOverTwo



Sapphire Shores teaches Aria Blaze how to sing. (Equestria Girls)

  • ...
2
 6
 954

Put Into Practice.

Aria Blaze was in a recording booth, across from her sat Sapphire Shores: The Person of Pop. Aria was doing her best to sing, there was a transcription of ‘Serves her Right’ right in front of her that she was reading off of.

“No no no!” said Sapphire Shores, “Ya gotta be louder! And ya gotta ENUNCIATE.”

“Ugh! Why are we recording this anyway?” said Aria, “My singing blows.”

“Aside from annoying you,” said Sapphire Shores, cheeky grin on her face, “It’ll really help me pinpoint what exactly your problem is.”

“And why am I doing this again?”

“‘Cause you’re one of the lucky few students to get paid for their studies,” said Sapphire Shores.

“Yeah,” said Aria Blaze, “In food.” Sapphire’s tactics had been changed after Aria bit the first bait.

Sapphire Shores leaned in closer to Aria, grin still plastered on her face, “What, you don’t like the food or something?”

Aria could only scowl at that, she couldn't exactly let go of this meal ticket.

“By the way,” said Sapphire Shores, “Try not to let your voice crack when you’re changing notes.”

Aria grumbled and started the song over again from the top.


No matter how delicious the food was, Aria didn't think she’d ever be comfortable eating at a restaurant. Yet she found herself at one, one that Sapphire Shores had dragged her to.

Aria kept the hood of her hoodie up, she didn't see anyone from Canterlot High School here but she didn't want to take any chances. Sapphire Shores was also donning her own disguise. She was wearing normal looking clothing, a big hat, and wore sunglasses.

“That look still pisses me off,” said Aria Blaze, who knew she couldn't do anything about this hate of hers at this point.

It was the same disguise as the one she donned when she had first applauded for Aria.

“Really now?” said Sapphire Shores.

“I hate you so much,” said Aria, “You’re the worst.”

“What did you hate me for again?” said Sapphire Shores.

“You know what you did!” said Aria Blaze.

Sapphire Shores merely smiled smugly at that.

Aria crossed her arms and slumped back in her chair. Shortly thereafter, their food arrived. Sapphire ate like someone who only paid the minimum amount of attention to table manners. Aria meanwhile ate like someone who didn't know how to eat food.

"Ya got a little something on your face, " said Sapphire Shores.

"Huh?" said Aria Blaze.

"Well more like a lot. Who the heck taught you how to eat?" said Sapphire Shores.

"Shut up..." said Aria Blaze as she took a napkin to her face and wiped.

Sapphire leaned in closer, "So what exactly do your parents think of those eating skills?"

"I don't have parents," said Aria.

'Dang it!' thought Aria, remembering that she was planning on not revealing that particular piece of information.

"Didn't you say ya had parents earlier?" said Sapphire Shores.

Aria responded only with silence.
They both went back to eating.


Aria was in the recording booth again. She kept in mind all the advice she had gotten so far. Once more she was reading off of a sheet of paper showing the lyrics to ‘Serves her Right’.

“Yeah!” said Sapphire Shores, “You’re doin’ great, Foxxy’s ears don’t bleed anymore.”

“I don’t know why I keep watching you do this,” said Foxxy, whose ears had thankfully been spared earlier thanks to use of hyperbole.

Aria didn't respond with enthusiasm. It still pained her to hear herself sing. It seemed like she would never be able to match what her voice had been able to do before, even discounting her former ability to hypnotize.

“Ears not bleeding isn't exactly the most encouraging thing to say,” said Aria with a glare.

“Well I have to tell you something,” said Sapphire Shores, “Got to work with what ya give me.”

That only made Aria scrunch up her face and glare harder.


Aria and Sapphire ate at the restaurant regularly. Sapphire had decided on it as the usual bribe payment for keeping Aria as her student.

“Ya know, I thought you’d get better at eating by now,” said Sapphire Shores, “And you've really surprised me.”

Aria took her attention away from her food and raised her eyebrow at Sapphire.

“‘Cause ya haven’t,” said Sapphire Shores, “In fact, I think ya might have gotten worse.”

Aria narrowed her eyes and said, “Shut up… I hate you.” Though she said it under her breath.

Sapphire Shores only smirked at her remark.


Aria Blaze was once again in Sapphire’s recording booth. She was reading off of a different song. She had been practicing under Sapphire’s guidance for months at this point.

“Wow, Aria, you've gotten a lot better,” said Foxxy.

Aria still didn't feel confident in her ability. While it didn't seem like a pain for others to hear, it was still a pain for her to hear.

‘It used to be such a beautiful voice,’ thought Aria Blaze.

Sapphire Shores knew for certain she could drag Aria to the top.
‘If I can bring negative five up to three,’ thought Sapphire Shores, ‘I can bring a three up to a TEN!’