• Published 13th Oct 2014
  • 1,451 Views, 21 Comments

Grace - crashlanding12



After being forced into an unhappy marriage with Prince Blueblood, young Duchess Fluttershy begins a scandalous love affair with indentured servant, Discord.

  • ...
2
 21
 1,451

Childish

Grace
Childish

After the gathering for tea, Discord showed Fluttershy around the castle.

“Now, the castle is very big, as you already know. I’ll show you each level one by one, your grace. Do you think you’ll be able to remember anything?” Discord said, leading her back to the throne room.

“I think I will.” Fluttershy said.

“Good.” Discord said. “At the one end of the throne room, you’ll be able to get to the main staircase. At the other end, you’ll be able to get to the gardens, and at the middle of the throne room, you’ll be able to get to the tearoom. The tearoom is also where you and the Prince will normally eat dinner.”

Fluttershy nodded as she made a mental note. In her head, she prayed she wouldn’t get lost, but truly on the inside, she know she would.

“Up the main staircase,” Discord said, opening the doors to the room, “is where you can find the servant area, which is to the left, and of course, your bedroom up the spiral staircase to the right.”

“Do you understand your grace?” Discord said, turning around. Fluttershy was gone, and he didn’t know where she was. The mare was very small, and had to look up at most stallions, and was normally not eye-level, sometimes not even close, to mares her age.

“Your grace? Where did you go?” Discord looked around corners, and into doorways.

Fluttershy was looking a large painting on a wall back near the throne room. The painting was of Blueblood and what it looked like would be his parents. He looked so happy, adorable even. She didn’t know much about his past in the first place, but seeing the painting made her want to actually talk to the Prince.

Discord walked back towards throne room and saw Fluttershy standing in front of the painting. Relief washed over his body. “Your grace?” He said.

Fluttershy snapped out of her trace-like state. She had been wondering about Blueblood since she got lost. “Oh my… I’m sorry; I was just looking at this painting.”

“It’s fine. I… was just worried for a second. Now we must continue the tour.” He grabbed her by the hoof and pulled her next to him, causing Fluttershy to blush.

“Like I was saying before you left, up the staircase to the left in the servant quarters, and to the right is the bedrooms, as you know already.”

Fluttershy nodded in agreement, still embarrassed, her cheeks a deep crimson.

“Do you mind if I show you the servant quarters?” Discord said, pointing to the staircase.

“I suppose that’d be okay.” Fluttershy said.

They walked up the grand staircase, then the stairs leading to the servant quarters.

Discord opened a small door. The servant quarters was a hallway lined with doors, with a door at the end of the hall that lead to a small dining area. The doors themselves had clever designs on them; a picture of their cutie mark. Three of the doors, Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo’s doors, were blank.

“Discord?” Fluttershy said.

“Yes, your grace?”

“Can you take me to the gardens? I need some fresh air.” She fanned herself with a hoof. “I’ve been inside for five days straight, and where I used to live, I went outside every day.”

“Of course. Do you remember where it is?” Discord said, smirking slightly.

“No… not exactly.” Fluttershy looked down at her hooves.

“Just follow me.” He grabbed Fluttershy by the hoof again and pulled her behind along back towards the throne room.

Fluttershy muttered under her breath as she was pulled along. She would normally be uncomfortable if Blueblood had grabbed her by the hoof, but for some reason, she was okay with this.

“Here we are. The Canterlot gardens.” Discord said, opening a door, sending sunlight to shine directly onto Fluttershy.

She ran through the doorway, directly to the small animals she saw playing in the grass. Frankly, she looked like a filly. She picked up a squirrel and was cradling it in her arms, like it was as precious as a foal.

Discord was surprised at how excited she was to see an animal. Most duchesses and princesses would scream and run away. Fluttershy, on the other hand, looked content and happy.

Fluttershy put down the squirrel, and smiled as a robin landed on the top of her manestyle. She looked over at Discord, who was smiling at her, and started to blush.

She got up from where she was and lightly swatted away the robin. “I-I’m sorry, that was childish of me. I haven’t seen any animals here like the ones back in Ponyville, until now.”

Discord smiled and walked over to her, letting a bunny sniff his hoof. “Now it’s time for me to do something childish.”

Fluttershy was confused. She didn’t have enough time to process what he said.

“What do you mean-“ Fluttershy said, before she was completely cut off by a kiss. It wasn’t just a peck, or a brush of their lips. Discord had grabbed her by the shoulders and pressed his lips against hers passionately. Fluttershy froze, not sure how to react.

She pushed Discord away from her. “No. This cannot happen. I’m married to the Prince, and you’re a servant, and shame would be brought down on me.”

Discord smirked. “But it already has happened, your grace.” He reached out and touched her mane, causing her to step back further away.

Fluttershy scoffed, and shook her head. She muttered under her breath, and galloped back inside.
------ -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discord watched as the duchess walked away from him. He sighed and hit himself in the head with his hoof.

‘You've done goofed, Discord! You kissed her! You just had to kiss her!’ Discord thought to himself.

“That really was a childish thing to do.” He muttered under his breath.

A voice from behind him snickered. Applejack walked into the garden, smirking. “Good job, lover boy. “ She said, laughing.

Discord frowned. “Oh, shut it, AJ.”

“I could go send a letter to Blueblood right now, but I wouldn’t want you to get beheaded.”

“Well, thanks for your consideration.” Discord said sarcastically.

Applejack laughed. She liked making him angry, since it was quite humorous and amusing to her. “Well, I’m gonna head back to the kitchen and make dinner with the others. Are you coming along?”

“No thanks, Applejack. I’m going to sit here and regret. Come get me when you’re worried.” Discord’s tone changed from sarcastic to serious.

“Alright...” Applejack exited the garden.

“Man, I’m an idiot.” Discord seeped lower to the ground. “That was probably the stupidest thing I’ve ever done…”

Discord lied down in the garden grass, looking up at the blue sky, a dark cloud directly above him.

Discord suddenly stood up. “Come on. Get yourself together, man.” He ran inside towards the kitchen.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Idiot…” Fluttershy muttered galloped past Discord. She stopped when she got inside the castle. Fluttershy looked over her shoulder, looking back into the garden. She shook her head and galloped up the spiral staircase up to her bedroom.

Entering her bedroom, Fluttershy sighed and fixed the hem of her dress, which had become frayed when she ran up the stairs.

Fluttershy sat on her bed, putting her hooves in her lap. She sat there in silence. She thought about what had just happened. A deep red blush faintly began to show on her cheeks. She looked over at a mirror across the room, and covered her face with her hooves. She felt like such a filly, as she sat there alone, blushing.

Fluttershy lied down on her bed, her hooves behind her head as she looked up at the ceiling of the bedroom. She smiled slightly, feeling heat rise to her cheeks again.

Her peaceful moment was ruined by a knock at the door.

“Your grace?” Scootaloo’s voice rang out from the hallway. “We’ve prepared you dinner downstairs in the tearoom. Come down when you’re ready.”

Scootaloo walked away, the sound of her hooves faintly vanishing as she walked away.

Fluttershy sighed and sat up. She stretched and hopped off the bed. She fixed her dress, looked into the mirror and smiled. She turned to the door and walked out.

She walked down the main staircase, and over to the entrance toward the throne room.

‘The tearoom is this way…right?’ Fluttershy thought. She continued walking and reached the tearoom.

The guards bowed their heads and opened the two large doors. She walked in silently, and sat down at the table. She wasn’t greeted by the smiling faces of the servants; they were in the kitchen cleaning up.

Fluttershy frowned and looked down at her plate. There was a small salad with a slice of bread on an accompanying plate. She really didn’t feel hungry, but picked up the slice of bread anyways. She took the slice of bread and walked up back to her bedroom, and ate the bread there.

Fluttershy wondered about what she would wear the next day, and opened her closet. There was an array of different dresses on the racks, all different colors of the rainbow. Also in her closet were hats, pins, shoes, drawers of stocking, and other things.

Then there was a knock at the door.

Fluttershy walked out of the closet, closed in, and walked to her bedroom door. Standing in the doorway was Discord. He was levitating a rose with a note attached.

“I’m sorry.” He mumbled.

Fluttershy blushed, taking the rose and the note. She gave him a quick peck on the cheek. “You’re forgiven.”

Author's Note:

Sorry this took so long, everyone.

Comments ( 16 )

Love the tension :rainbowkiss:

Aww cute although I'm wondering are you going to leave discord a pony cause its kinda weird ton read one with him as such

So Cute :rainbowkiss: Cant Wait For More :yay:

Once again amazing work, Ms. Crash!!!

Finally you update! And it was worth the wait! :yay:
Discord was an idiot but the apoligie was very cute of him.
Continue!

5315105 It'll probably take a bit for the next chapter because I have a lot of tests next month, but I'll try to work on it as much as I can, k everyone?

5315327 No problem! We all have lives!

I haven't been able to work on my fanfics, because my laptop has viruses on it. Once it's fixed, I'll get working right away.

Hope your laptop is fixed soon. :twilightsmile: I'm liking it so far:pinkiesmile: Please update when you are able to.:pinkiehappy:

5406543 I saw your thread on Harmonists. Dose that mean you'll update new chapters soon? :twilightsmile:

5564784 Yep. I've still got to finish projects and stuff, but I've been trying to finish chapter 3 the best I can so far.

5565754 Wonderful. :pinkiehappy: I can't wait to read it. :twilightsmile:

Can you continue this please:scootangel:

Patiently waiting for new chapters. :twilightsmile:

Grace cancelled. :fluttershysad: :fluttercry:

Why cancel it?

Login or register to comment