• Published 22nd Sep 2014
  • 2,810 Views, 774 Comments

Dueling Keyboards - FanOfMostEverything



FoME's submissions to the Writeoff Contests, along with other bits and bobs.

  • ...
6
 774
 2,810

PreviousChapters Next
Choux Pas

Sugarcube Corner had a bell on the door, but it was solely for the Cakes’ benefit. As long as Pinkie knew the pony walking in, she could Sense their arrival and greet them accordingly. As such, Twilight was greeted by a “Hi, Twilight!” the moment she stepped inside.

Mrs. Cake smiled at the counter. “She’s in the kitchen.” The smile took on a particular twist that formed when somepony was trying not to think too hard about Pinkie’s… Pinkieness. “And… well, you’ll see.”

Twilight just quirked an eyebrow and walked to the kitchen. After a quick sanitizing spell on herself, she poked her head through the swinging doors and saw exactly what Mrs. Cake meant. “Pinkie, what are you—“

“What?”

Twilight went in and moved to Pinkie’s other side. “What are you doing?”

“Oh!” Pinkie went from confusion back to her usual massive grin. “Rarity wanted some help with some new accessory ideas, so I’m trying one out before I tell her about it.”

Twilight spent a few moments trying to work backwards through Pinkie’s thought process, which felt uncomfortably like trying to navigate the Everfree at night. Pinkie just kept kneading dough. Finally, Twilight sighed and said, “Pinkie, a boutonnière is a flower worn in the lapel of a suit jacket.”

“Oh!” Pinkie took out the horseshoe. “That makes a lot more sense.”

Author's Note:

I apologize for nothing.

PreviousChapters Next