• Published 5th Feb 2015
  • 10,965 Views, 1,136 Comments

TD vs Equestria Girls - BronyWriter



TD from TD the Alicorn Princess pretends to be a Canadian exchange student and infiltrates Canterlot High

  • ...
85
 1,136
 10,965

The Elements and Mr. Antares

"I'm so, so sorry! I didn't mean to knock you over and make you bump your head!"

"Fluttershy, it's fine. If anything, I'm sorry that River and Burning pulled you off of me so roughly."

"Hey, bodyguards, Pri-- uh, TD!" Captain Blaze grumbled.

I glared at Captain Blaze and vehemently pointed at Fluttershy while this world's counterpart of Nurse Redheart looked me over in the nurse's office that Fluttershy had insisted that I go to.

"Fluttershy! Couldn't! Hurt! Anyone!"

"Definitely not!" Fluttershy insisted. "I was just really excited, that's all!"

"Well I'm glad I could help, I guess," I said, rubbing the side of my head as Nurse Redheart checked me for a concussion. I wasn't quite sure about how much my alpha alicorn resilience translated in this world. Given that I couldn't do magic that I knew of, probably not much. I hit my head pretty hard going down, and it hurt, but I couldn't compare it to pain before my ascension because, well, I didn't remember what that felt like.

"In all honestly, though, I think I understand why you have bodyguards," Fluttershy continued, looking uneasily at Blaze and Rapids. "If you can do that kind of thing for the animal shelter, then there are a lot of people who might want to hurt you!"

I shrugged. "Eh."

No need to mention the griffins who had me tied up and gagged after a massive beat down when I walked into their fortress alone. I don't think she'd get it, anyway. Though there was only one person I needed to worry about here and that was Sunset. As such, my guards were here mostly for offensive purposes than protective ones. While I was pretty sure I could get her back to Equestria by myself if it came to that, it didn't hurt to have my guards around. Besides, you never know what you're gonna come across.

"Bodyguards aside," Redheart said, "you look fine. A bit of a red spot where you hit the ground, but you don't have a concussion or anything. I'd say you're good to go to class."

Fluttershy breathed a huge sigh of relief and wrapped her arms around my shoulders, something that made my guards flinch a bit. I glared at them for that. Seriously. Fluttershy. Meekness incarnate.

"I'm so glad you're okay, TD!" Fluttershy said as she released me from the hug, allowing me to hop off of the uncomfortable padded nurse's table. "You did this amazing thing for me, and I repaid you by hurting you!"

"Well, not really, and it was a complete accident," I said, rubbing the back of my head. I nodded in thanks to Nurse Redheart, who returned the nod, allowing the four of us to walk out of her office. "So don't worry about it."

Fluttershy lowered her head as we walked down the hall. I decided to follow her around for the moment.

"I know I shouldn't, but I still feel bad."

"Well, just don't think about it," I suggested. "So how about we talk about something else?"

A small smile crossed Fluttershy's face, and she gave a small nod. "Okay, I'd like that." There was a moment of silence before she spoke again. "So, how was your meeting with Principal Celestia?"

I shrugged. "Meh. It could have gone a little better. It was cut off when, what was his name, Mr. Antares came in?"

To my mild amusement, at the mention of Mr. Antares, Fluttershy blushed and covered her mouth with her hand in a poor attempt to hide a grin. I tilted my head, a smile spreading across my own face. "What?"

"Oh it's nothing," Fluttershy muttered. "It's just that..." Fluttershy giggled quietly and leaned in close to whisper in my ear. "There are some rumors going around that Principal Celestia and Mr. Antares are in a relationship."

"They are."

Fluttershy straightened up and raised an eyebrow at me, stopping in her tracks. "Huh?"

"They are," I repeated. "I'm 100% positive."

"But... how can you be sure?"

I chuckled and leaned against a nearby locker. "Let's just say that I have some insider info on it. They're totally rutting."

Fluttershy squeaked, her face becoming even more red. "Oh my," she whispered.

I heard my guards snicker, causing my grin to widen a little. "Well, they're adults and can date whomever they like. It's not really our business, I suppose."

"Yes..." Fluttershy looked down the hall in the direction of the principal's office. "I suppose you're right." She closed her eyes and shook her head. "Well, I guess I have to get to class now. Ms Cheerilee is going to wonder why I'm so late!"

Ooh, this world has a Cheerilee? Awesome.

"Well, far be it from me to keep you from your class," I said. "We have to go get our class schedules anyway, so I'll see you at lunch, alright?"

"See you then." Fluttershy gave me another quick hug before speeding down the hall, inasmuch as Fluttershy speeds. I chuckled and turned down the other hallway to the registrar's office so that the three of us could get our class schedules.

* * * *

8:00-9:15 - Science - Ms. Harshwhinny
9:30-10:45 - Math - Ms. Cheerilee
11:00-12:15 - English - Ms. Harshwhinny
12:15-1:00 - Lunch
1:15-2:30 - Current Events - Mr. Trenderhand
2:45-4:00 - History - Mr. Antares

Two classes with Ms. Harshwhinny. Two of them. Ideally I wouldn't be around to go to them, but a quick glance at the clock told me that I had just enough time to make it to English. I groaned and rubbed my temples.

"Well, at least history with Mr. Antares should be interesting, right?"

"Hope so, because I already did most of this nonsense," Captain Blaze grumbled. "I graduated from school a long time ago!"

"Hey I hear you, man," I said, leading the three of us in the direction of Ms Harshwhinny's class. "I've been ruling a nation for the past two years, on top of the fact that I was in college when I came to Equestria." I shrugged. "Well, at any rate, it should be easy, right?"

"I dunno, Princess Antares," Lieutenant Rapids muttered. "I can see Ms. Harshwhinny getting annoyed with us for falling behind in stuff."

"Well, hopefully we'll be back tonight," I said. "We just have to play it cool until Principal Celestia leaves, then we can break into her office and get the Element. At worst I just send one of you through the portal with it for a few minutes to give it to Celestia or whoever, then have you come back here so we can arrest Sunset." We stopped in front of a doorway, and I checked my schedule, confirming that it was the door to our first class. "Just play it cool until then. Don't draw unnecessary attention to yourselves."

I opened the door, just as the bell rang, meaning we arrived just on time, technically.

My eyes landed on the figure standing in front of the class, who seemed to think differently.

This world's version of Ms. Harshwhinny didn't seem to be any more chipper than my world's version. She was dressed in a business suit that matched her pony coat color, and her hair was done up in a tight bun, with not a single strand out of place. Her scowl let me know beyond a shadow of a doubt that she wasn't happy with us.

"You're late, young lady and gentlemen," she said, her scowl somehow coming across in her voice.

"Uh..." I exchanged a look with Blaze and Rapids. "The bell just rang."

"And you are not in your seats," she retorted. "Now, I can guess that you three are the Canadian students, meaning you are new to this school. As such, you have a pass on it just this once, as you are likely unaware of my policies. I expect you to be in your seats by the time the bell rings."

"We don't have seats," I replied.

"I have assigned you to table five," Ms. Harshwhinny said, pointing out to the classroom. "It's the one in the far left corner."

I turned my head and saw that, sure enough, instead of the typical desk setup, the room was furnished with tables and uncomfortable plastic chairs. Nothing I hadn't seen before. I turned my head to table five to see who we would be sitting with, and saw...

"Now, I expect you to get along with Ms. Shimmer," Ms. Harshwhinny said, crossing her arms and tapping her finger on her arm. "I will not tolerate any Canadian nonsense in my classroom, is that understood?"

Sunset and I simply stared at each other, her glowering and me giving her a small smile. I tilted my head in a nod. "Yes, Ms. Harshwhinny."

"Good, now if you will take your seats, we will begin. Please see me after class so that I may inform you of what you need to catch up on."

The three of us moved to table five and sat down. I took the seat opposite Sunset, allowing us to continue staring at each other. Her scowl deepened, while my smile widened and turned smug.

"You're going to pay for your insolence, Canadian," she growled.

I quietly snorted and leaned back in my chair. "Anytime, anywhere. How about tonight in the school courtyard?"

"Tomorrow night after the Fall Formal works much better for me," Sunset whispered. "Same place."

I clicked my tongue. "Ooh, no go. I'm not going to be there. Tonight."

"No," Sunset said with a shake of her head. "Tomorro--"

"Ms. Shimmer, Mr. TD!" Ms. Harshwhinny snapped, "are you talking in my class?" Both of us turned to face our wrathful teacher, our heads low. "Maybe you'd like to share what you're discussing?"

"We were just introducing ourselves," I said meekly. "Gotta get to know each other if we're going to be table partners."

Ms. Harshwhinny snorted. "That can wait until after class. Now..." She turned back to the chalkboard. "If you'll permit me to continue my lecture on last night's reading, I'd appreciate that."

I opened up my backpack and took out three notebooks and pens, which I distributed amongst the three of us. Sunset huffed and went back to her own notes, pretending to pay attention to Ms. Harshwhinny while shooting glares at me.

I wasn't taking notes, though. I decided that my time was better spent doodling. I spent about ten minutes doing that, not really paying attention to Ms. Harshwhinny. Once I decided that my masterpiece met my standards, I rotated my notebook and subtly slid it over to Sunset. She frowned and looked down at it, but her expression immediately turned to one of rage. She squeezed her pencil in her hand so hard, it snapped in two.

To be fair, I can see how a picture of me with a meat cleaver making chicken noises while chasing around a chicken with Sunset's hair would really piss her off.

"Tonight. Eight o' clock," she snarled, pushing my notebook back to me.

Hook, line, and sinker.

* * * *

Ah, lunchtime in school cafeterias. An experience similar to eating in prison, though there's less attempting to hide what they're doing in prisons. I made sure to stop by the front office to pay for a few school lunches for the three of us, so we'd have no problems with eating. We would go out, but we needed to keep an eye on the school as much as possible, especially since I'd just poked the bacon-colored hornet's nest. Sunset would be out for my blood, and I needed to keep a sharp eye on the place so that I could capitalize on any potential mistake.

The three of us entered the lunch line and grabbed fruit bowls and orange juice. Nothing else really looked appetizing enough to stomach. We'd get something... more edible after school. After getting our food, I scanned the lunch room and spotted Fluttershy sitting at a mostly empty table next to Pinkie Pie and this world's version of Applejack. I smiled when I saw that they three of them were smiling and laughing with each other. I made my way towards their table, figuring that I needed to meet this Applejack as well.

Interestingly enough, though, as we walked towards the table, I heard whispering around me. At first I thought it was just typical lunchroom babble, until I started registering what the students were saying.

"Oh my gosh, that's the Canadian!"

"He looks so buff. All three of them do. I wonder if all Canadians are like that!"

Heh, not with Tim Hortons and Poutine, no.

"I heard that he's going to fight Sunset tonight. I have a friend who says she sits in front of him in English class, and she overheard them planning it. We should totally go!"

"Well, I also heard that he's a billionaire. Did you see that car of his?"

"Did you know that he has video evidence that Mr. Antares and Principal Celestia are in a relationship? He posted a video on the internet of the two of them making out in her office, but it got taken down!"

I did, huh? Well, that's news to me. I chuckled and shook my head as we reached the table with half of the human Elements, causing the three of them to look up at us and smile.

"So, you must be the Canadian Ah've been hearin' so much about," said this world's version of Applejack. She extended her hand. "Ah'm Applejack."

"Charmed," I said, shaking her hand. "This is Burning Blaze, and this is River Rapids." I motioned to my bodyguards.

"Yeah, Ah've heard 'bout the two of 'em." Applejack tilted her head with a frown. "Kinda odd, don'tcha think? Ah mean, Ah've never heard of a regular high school student havin' bodyguards before."

I chuckled and took one of the apple slices out of my fruit bowl. "Well, it's a looonnnggg story. Suffice to say, they wouldn't leave my side even if I wanted them to." I smiled fondly at the two of them. "Which I don't. You'd be hard pressed to find more loyal people on the planet."

Blaze scoffed and waved his hand while Rapids chuckled. "Oh stop it, TD. You're making me blush."

"Good." I ate my apple slice before turning the conversation back to our tablemates. "So, I heard from Fluttershy that you three had some kind of a falling out, but it seems that you're doing better, yeah?"

Pinkie, AJ, and Fluttershy all smiled and nodded.

"Oh yes, I followed your advice and just talked to them, TD. It turns out that our problems were just a huge misunderstanding!"

"Yeah, none of those awful nasty texts that we got were sent by any of us!" Pinkie frowned and tapped her chin. "Which does raise the question of who actually sent them?"

"Yeah, one can only wonder." I grimaced and looked to a back corner of the lunchroom, where Sunset Shimmer was sitting at a table alone, with her back to the rest of the school. She ate her lunch without looking up from it, and I could see from just a quick glance around the cafeteria that no one was giving her a second glance either. Even Snips and Snails were eating with someone else. It looked kinda... lonely. I sighed and turned back to my tablemates. I'd deal with Sunset soon. I just had to figure out how to get her and the Element back at the same time. I had gotten her next to the portal for tonight, so I needed to get into Principal Celestia's office for the Element before I go as well.

We'd get to that when the time came.

* * * *

Once we'd finished with lunch, we all parted ways to go to our next classes, with promises to hang out afterwards so that they could introduce me to the rest of the group. At our current events class, Mr. Trenderhand was out, so his substitute showed us a movie.

So... even this world has a version of The Dark Knight. Who knew? It was mostly the same as my version, which was nice. So cool seeing that movie again.

Then, it was time for history class with Mr. Antares.

I gotta admit, I considered skipping this one. If there was one wild card in all of this that could disrupt my plans, it was him. If Sunset realized that he was my equivalent in this world, then she'd figure out pretty quickly that I was an Equestrian princess, and things would really go downhill. We hadn't seen any equivalents of Blaze and Rapids yet, but I wouldn't count them out as not working for another school somewhere. I would just skip it, but hey, we had to blend in. We'd just sit in the back and not draw any attention to ourselves.

Because when has that ever worked for us?

We walked into Mr. Antares' class a minute before the bell rang. He saw us and gave us a friendly smile and wave, which we returned. We took three seats together near the back of the classroom and took out our notebooks just as the bell rang, signifying the start of class. I looked around and noticed this world's equivalent of Rainbow Dash leaning back in her chair, twirling a pen in her fingers with a bored look on her face.

"Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen!" Mr. Antares said, rubbing his hands together with a grin. "Welcome to your last class of the day! Today we're going to continue our lecture on my country's second civil war. I believe we were just about to get to the bloodiest battle in the whole conflict, which I'm sure will be exciting to a lot of you, but first..." Mr. Antares' smile fell, and his expression turned serious. He leaned back on the table in the front of his class and crossed his arms.

"There have been several rumors going around about my relationship with Principal Celestia." A few members of the class giggled, causing Mr. Antares to smirk and roll his eyes. "Yes, yes, it's very funny. I was in high school once too, and I know how rumors can be. But they're just that: rumors. My relationship with Principal Celestia is strictly professional." His grin returned, though now it was more mischievous. "Besides, if you're going to spread rumors around, you're going to have to do better than that. Two teachers are in a relationship? Come on, that was an old tactic when I was in high school five hundred years ago, because I'm a geezer like that." The class giggled, making Mr. Antares chuckle. "Regardless, cut down on the ridiculous rumors, 'kay? It's not cool and it's just stupid. I don't even know how this one got started."

"You and Principal Celestia were too loud."

Do you know that kind of silence? The kind that comes when everyone in the room is so shocked and on edge there might as well be a bomb in the room? That kind? You can just feel the whole atmosphere change in a microsecond.

That happened the moment Lieutenant Rapids decided that she just couldn't help herself.

I turned to my lieutenant, a look of horror on my face. We were trying to keep a low profile here! She turned her head to me and gave me a look that said "sorry, I had to."

Despite every instinct telling me not to, I looked over to Mr. Antares, who was staring at Lieutenant Rapids with his jaw nearly on the floor. It took him a full ten seconds before he managed to shakily point to the door.

"Out. Go to Principal Celestia's office. Detention for a week. You can forget about going to the fall formal."

Rapids sighed and put her notebook and pen back in our backpack before slinging it over her shoulder, standing up, and walking out of the door. Mr. Antares stared at the door for a few seconds before sighing and shaking his head.

"Look, guys, gossip and rumors about stupid stuff is one thing, and you honestly shouldn't do it because, well, it's spreading lies and that's bad. But that was just flat-out disrespect, alright? And that's never okay. That's crossing into another territory you don't want to go to, yeah?"

With that, he turned to look back to the class, lingering just a little too long on Blaze and I. For a second, I thought I might have seen a spark of something. Recognition? Confusion? I couldn't be sure. After a moment, he shook his head and turned to the chalkboard.

Oh dear.