• Published 5th Feb 2015
  • 10,965 Views, 1,136 Comments

TD vs Equestria Girls - BronyWriter



TD from TD the Alicorn Princess pretends to be a Canadian exchange student and infiltrates Canterlot High

  • ...
85
 1,136
 10,965

Unleash the Magic

Blaze and I finally found Rapids after another hour. I mean, I know that females take a long time in the bathroom, but something told me that she wasn't completely honest about where she was going. What's more is that we found her coming out of the music room with Celestia of all people. Her eyes were red and puffy, so I guess she'd finally broke down about everything that had happened during the war. I'd have to talk to her about that once this was all over.

As she's coming out of the room, she made eye contact with me and just as quickly lowered her gaze to the floor. Celestia grimaced and put her hand on Rapids's shoulder before whispering something that I can't quite make out. Rapids nodded, and both of them made their way over to us. Rapids stood beside Blaze, still not looking up, as Celestia stopped in front of me. We stared at each other for a few moments before she quietly sighed and shook her head.

"It seems you have been through much."

I nodded back. "Yeah. Yeah, we have been. I know we look like random high school kids, but we're not. I know it's kind of easy to lose sight of that, even for us. I can't fault you for it. Still, I don't know what the wars here were like, but I can't imagine they were better than ours. I've done things you can't even imagine." I sighed and averted my eyes from Celestia. "I've killed more people than you'll ever meet. I've dropped fire from the sky to incinerate my enemies. I've introduced weapons into the world that will change it forever. I am an immortal, god-like being leading a nation who has to think about how his actions will affect people thousands of years from now. Right now, though? I'm just a guy who wants to go home."

"I understand, of course." Celestia crossed her arms and looked to Blaze and Rapids. "So you are having an issue with someone at Crystal Prep?"

"Yeah, one of their students took the magic out of the portal and now there's no more portal. It's the one with the seashell looking thing around her neck."

"Ah, yes, Ms. Sparkle. She's Principal Cinch's prized student."

"Yeah, given what I know about the Twilight on our end, that doesn't surprise me." I looked back up at Celestia, not even blinking. "All we need to do is get the necklace back from her and reopen the portal, then we can be out of your hair."

"Perhaps. She will be difficult to convince, from what I understand. Even putting her aside, Cinch will not allow us to interfere with anything regarding her students for fear of us sabotaging her efforts to win the Friendship games." Celestia grimaced and rolled her eyes. "She has always taken them a little too seriously."

"So I've heard." For the first time, a small smirk crossed my face. "So how long has it been since you actually won even just an event?"

Celestia groaned under her breath and scowled. "It has been twelve years. Since we won an event. We did end up winning the Games that year." She frowned thoughtfully and tapped her jaw. "I believe since she has taken over we have only won once in the entire twenty four years she has been principal of Crystal Prep. She has not let up since then."

"So it sounds like she's not the only person who doesn't understand the concept of the 'friendship' part of the games. Not surprised her students picked up on that." I shook my head and waved my hand. "Whatever, it doesn't really matter. No offense, but I'm way more concerned with getting home and preventing Twilight from doing things she shouldn't than helping you win the Games."

"None taken. You do have more important issues on your mind." Celestia nodded and beckoned us to follow her. "As I said: the biggest problem will be Principal Cinch. Whatever we do she will not take lightly."

"She does seem the type to complain when she feels things aren't going her way," I agreed. "Probably hasn't been laid in fifty years either."

"I..." Celestia stopped in her tracks for a few seconds before continuing on with a mutter of "no, probably not."

"First things first, we have to find Twilight, and I think I know the best way to do that." I pulled out my phone and went into my contacts until I found the one I was looking for. "Pinkie Pie."

"Ah, yes, she does seem like a good option." Celestia grimaced as we reached her office and pulled out the key to unlock it. "As potentially inappropriate as it may be, I would not be surprised if she insists upon throwing me a baby shower in the gym filled with guests who are unsure of how they got there."

"Sounds like Pinkie, yes," I agreed as I wrote out my text message.

"Yeah," Rapids said. "Also, you're having a girl."

Celestia glowered at Rapids and pushed the door to her office open. "Oh? And what will I be naming her?"

"Foswell, of course," Blaze said. "Foswell Brickby Jane... whatever your last name is."

Celestia wheeled around and stared at me with a look of complete horror on her face. I glared at Blaze and Rapids before speaking up. "No, no that won't be the case. I didn't name my child that, Celestia, don't worry. Her name is Nymeria."

"Oh, I see." Celestia sat down at her desk with a thoughtful look. "Nymeria. That's a nice name."

And now I'm wondering about timelines and stuff and interference. Great. Good going, Blaze. I am about to respond again when my phone buzzes. I unlock it and check to see that it's a text from Pinkie. I hit the text app to see what she said.

Yep, I saw her about two minutes ago in the hallway next to the cafeteria. She looked really sad, probably because that meanie Principal Cinch was yelling at her and stuff!

Well, that wasn't optimal. I sighed and put the phone back in my pocket.

"Alright, she's in the hallway next to the cafeteria. Sounds like she's not having the best time of it either. Cinch is giving her the riot act, I guess." I walked over to the door and opened it up. "I'm going to go do a little recon. You two stay here, and Celestia..." I shrugged. "I dunno. I can't give you any orders or anything, so do what you want. If you get security camera feed in here, I'd say check that. I'll be right back."

With that, I walked out the door, closing it behind me. I admit, I didn't really relish the idea of seeing what was going on between Cinch and Twilight. She didn't seem like the best person at the best of times, so the idea of her being mad at Twilight for whatever didn't sound the most pleasant. Maybe I could do something about her. It might be the best thing for everyone if she wasn't the principal of anything anymore. As the prince of education, I could spot a bad egg when I saw one. Very few things screwed up a child more than a teacher or principal mistreating them.

Unfortunately, I heard the chewing out before I saw it. It was about as bad as I thought it would be. I couldn't make out everything that Cinch was saying, but that tone has never been used to raise someone's self-esteem. I reached the hallway and poked my head around the corner. Twilight was huddled against one of the lockers while Cinch was standing over her with an expression on her face that implied that she'd start beating Twilight if she was allowed to.

"--have brought shame upon the good name of Crystal Preparatory School! Archery is a requirement, and your ineptitude has possibly cost us the Games!"

"B-but I..."

"But nothing! If you do not perform well in your next event, if you trip over your shoelaces, if a meteor hits by you and the Games are ruined then you can forget about your application to Everton! You can forget about that private lab you have in our school! You can forget about any special status! You are my prized student, Ms. Sparkle, but you will have no privileges if you interfere in a way that causes our defeat. You are on thin ice, and--"

That was enough of that. I walked down the hallway toward them, whistling the loudest, most obnoxious tune I could think of as poorly as I could. Both of them turned to look at me, Twilight with a look of horror and Cinch with one of confusion and annoyance. I stopped by one of the lockers and attempted to start opening it. I turned to them with a smile and a nod.

"Lovely day, isn't it? The Games are really exciting! Hope that we win, amirite?"

Cinch's eyes narrowed and she turned to me with her arms crossed. "Excuse me, boy, we are having a private conversation. You can get whatever you want out of your locker later!"

"Poppycock, I have to get my medication out of my locker." I weakly coughed and gave her a pathetic look. "If I don't get into my locker I'll die! Besides, this is my school, not yours. You may outrank her..." I pointed to Twilight, who looked like she didn't have the slightest clue of what was going on, but there was a little hope in her expression. "But I assure, you there is no universe where you can tell me what to do."

"You are insolent!" Cinch screeched.

"And you're kind of a prick, don't you think? I think I heard you threatening her from my house."

"It is none of your concern," Cinch said, though now I could hear a little unease in her voice. She shouldn't been doing that and she knew it.

"Eh, probably not. In any case..." I turned back to the locker. "It might take me a while to get into my locker because I can never remember this confounded combination, but hey, like you said, it's not my business, so don't mind me." I twisted the lock into another random combination. "Darn. Wrong again." I waved my hand at her. "Please continue."

Cinch growled at me, but didn't say anything. She turned to Twilight and huffed. "We shall discuss this later." With that, she turned and stomped down the hallway, leaving Twilight and I staring after her. Once she'd turned the corner, I allowed myself a little chuckle and leaned against the lockers.

"She's not the nicest person, is she?"

"Um..." Twilight blinked and slowly straightened up. "I mean... she can be a little..."

"You don't have to say it. I know you're thinking it." I fully turned to her and grimaced. "You've kind of had a hard day, haven't you?" Twilight shrank back and nodded in a way that reminded me of Fluttershy more than Twilight Sparkle. I gave her a sad smile and put my hand on her shoulder. "Yeah, and I'm sorry about that. Rapids is, too. We've kind of had a rough go of it lately, especially her, so she didn't handle things the way she should have."

"Okay," Twilight whispered. "'S alright, I guess."

"Not really, but I appreciate it. In response, I'm willing to throw you a bone. You're curious about me and my compatriots. You want to know who we are and what we're doing here." I shrugged. "So ask. I'll do my best to answer any of your questions."

Twilight slowly tuned to me, her eyes wide and her mouth hanging slightly open. She stuttered out a few words before turning to me completely. "R-really?"

"Yeah, you've earned it. Although, I don't think I have to say that what we discuss here is to be kept confidential, of course."

"Y-yeah, right, right." For the first time since I'd first seen her, I saw the excitement and curiosity of the Twilight Sparkle of my world. "Right, yeah, so... who are you?"

"My name is Antares, and the energy you took from the statue was the portal to my world where I rule a nation as an immortal god capable of feats of magic you can't even begin to comprehend. Blaze and Rapids are my compatriots, and they are my two most valuable soldiers."

"Oh... um... I see." Twilight blushed and kicked at the ground. "Um... so you're powerful. Can you do some of that magic here?"

I shook my head. "Afraid not. Believe me, if I could, things would have gone a lot easier lately. That aside, I rule alongside my wife, who is an alternate version of Principal Celestia, and we have a cute, wonderful daughter named Nymeria."

"Are you... um... human in your universe?"

"Nope. Ponies."

Twilight frowned and tilted her head. "What? Are you serious?"

I nodded. "Yep. Totally serious. Having said that, before I became a pony god, I was a human, so there's that. I, ah... I've had some crazy stuff happen to me, too. Life hasn't gone the way I thought it would, that's for sure. In any case, now you know. The big mystery you've been trying to solve is that the Canadians of Canterlot High are ponies from an alternate dimension that is a mirror version of this world and one of them is an immortal ruler with the power to move the sun and moon."

Twilight's eye twitched. "M-move the sun and moon?"

"Yep. I've only done it a few times, but it's totally something that I can do. Equestria doesn't really do things the same way that this world does." My amused smile fell, and I stood up straight with my arms crossed. "Having said that, I'm sure that you can understand the position I'm in. With your magic draining necklace, you closed the portal between our world, and I'd rather like it to be there so that I can go back to my wife and child, if that's not too much trouble."

"Oh... um..." Twilight bit her lip and looked down at the ground again. "Yeah, that's... hmm..."

"Twilight." I took a step toward her. "I really need that magic back. I may have a comfortable lifestyle here, but I'd rather like to go back to my family and subjects, so..." I held out my hand. "I kind of need that."

"Yeah, yeah, I get it." Twilight took a deep breath and began kicking at the ground. "I don't have it."

My eyes narrowed and I took another step toward her. "What? Why not? Where is it?"

"After I was cornered by, what was her name, Rapids? Yeah, her. After she cornered me I gave it to Principal Cinch for safekeeping. I, uh, wasn't sure if she'd try to take it from me again, so I asked Principal Cinch to take care of it. She... wasn't really happy about what Rapids did, so I'm going to guess she's going to chew Principal Celestia out about that or something."

Ah.

Ah.

That wasn't good.

"I see. Well..." I shrugged. "She'll give it back at some point, so when she does you can return the portal and we can go our separate ways. Heck, one of the students here is also from my world and she's here permanently, so I'm sure she'd be willing to talk to you about whatever you want to know."

"Yeah, that all sounds good in theory, but in practice Principal Cinch isn't going to give me my scanner back unless Crystal Prep wins the Friendship Games, so I have to do that before anything else."

I scowled and crossed my arms. "That's wonderful of her. Really a class act that one. On one hand, it really doesn't matter all that much who wins the Friendship Games, unless it determines school funding, or something. On the other, she really needs to be taken down one or two or a thousand pegs."

"I mean she's not always that--"

"Yes she is. In any case, we need a plan if we're going to get your scanner back and take her down." I took my phone out of my pocket and was about to text Blaze when a thought struck me. I gave a nasty grin and rubbed my hands together. "And I think I know just how."

* * * *

I didn't like this plan very much.

It's not like I was a great actress, but Prince Antares told me that I didn't have to be. I just had to get her mad or something. I took a deep breath and made my way over to where my Crystal Prep teammates were getting ready for the last round of the Friendship Games, the one that would determine if we won again. Principal Cinch saw me coming and she didn't look much happier than she was the last time we saw each other. I bit the bullet and joined my classmates. They all gave me looks of hostility, and a few of them even turned their backs to me.

"Oh great," Indigo Zap muttered. "You're here. Come to lose us this event, too?"

"I'm sorry," I whimpered. "It's just that when I tripped over the hay I panicked a little bit and my whole game was thrown off and--"

"Oh yeah, I'm sure that's the reason," Sunny Flare grumbled.

"You are late, Ms. Sparkle," Principal Cinch growled. "I do hope you aren't giving up."

"No," I squeaked. "I was just... studying good ways to win the last event. You know, looking up past Games and researching good hiding places for the flag and some visual stuff to help me spot it in potentially dark places and... yeah."

"Hm. If you say so." Principal Cinch turned to the direction of the playing field and glared at the Canterlot High students who were warming up on the other side. "Canterlot High has come too close to usurping our perfect record. It was unacceptable that they defeated us at the event this afternoon." She glanced at me from the corner of her eye and I flinched back. "Regardless, they shall not defeat us this year." She turned to me and reached into her pocket to pull out my magic scanner. She held it in front of her and I reached out to take it, but she pulled it away. "I believe I made my position on this clear, Ms. Sparkle. You may have it back when we win."

"But I--"

"In fact, you may have provided us an opportunity to win regardless of your performance this afternoon." She held up the scanner to eye level and studied it with interest. "You believe that you have magic stored in this?"

"Y-yeah, I think so."

My teammates snickered at the idea that I had captured magic in my scanner, but Principal Cinch quieted them with a look. "Do you think you could harness this magic and use it, Ms. Sparkle? If you have taken magic from their campus, who is to say that they are not using their own to their advantage? I find it rather likely, especially if what you suspect about those Canadians is true."

"What the heck is a Canadian anyway?" Indigo Zap muttered.

"I think Canada is a made up place," Sour Sweet agreed.

"Regardless of whether or not Canadians are a real thing, I find it hard to believe that they are not providing Canterlot High with some form of advantage. If so, it would be beneficial of us to level the playing field, as it were."

"B-but that's cheating!" I pointed out. "And I've talked to some of the students here, and they don't think that the Canadians are helping them cheat! They've said that they're all really nice and that they help people here and just want to do good for the school and stuff."

"As if they would tell you if they were helping their school cheat us out of our glory!" Principal Cinch snapped. "I'm certain that they are misleading you! They would do anything to win after so many defeats!" Her eyes narrowed even further and she took another step toward me, my classmates following behind her with their own glares. Gulp. "And I'm certain you remember how one of them nearly assaulted you and attempted to steal your scanner."

"But I talked to one of them and he was really nice. I know that one of them yelled at me, but she didn't really mean to get that mad, and she's been through a lot of really bad stuff."

"Oh, Twilight. For all of your brains you are rather naive at times." Cinch put the scanner back in her pocket and began pacing around like a drill sergeant. "Our school has a reputation as being the best in the district, nay, one of the best in the entire state. We churn out top students and cultivate their intelligence so that they can be productive members of society. The Friendship Games are our way of reminding this school of that." Cinch motioned to Canterlot High. "They, on the other hand, do not hold themselves to a higher standard. They engage in popularity contests that provide them with very few advantages. For our school to be defeated by them would be the ultimate dishonor."

"They all seemed really nice, though," I pointed out. "Even though I'm from Crystal Prep they wanted to get to know me. Isn't that the entire point of the Friendship Games? Us creating friendships?"

"Are you serious?" Indigo Zap grumbled with a roll of her eyes. "This whole thing is about winning. It's about proving how much better we are than them!"

"But it's called the Friendship Ga--"

"And that's a stupid name," Sugarcoat said with a smirk. "If Canterlot High wants to use that as a reason to not try as hard then I say let them have it."

"I do not feel I need to remind you of what is at stake for you, Ms. Sparkle. Either you tell us how to wield this magic and help us win the Friendship Games or I shall ensure that you never even step foot on Everton's campus! All of the hard work you have done shall be undone! Alternatively, you could use what you have harnessed and achieve all of your dreams. So which is it, Ms. Sparkle?"

"Cut aaaand print!"

* * * *

"Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant filmmaking!" I saved the video I had been taking of Principal Cinch on my phone and pulled up a text. "Pass the cocaine, Captain Blaze, we're going to win an Oscar for this for sure!"

"I'm not sure what an Oscar is, Prince Antares, but I have a feeling you're right."

"Also, I think I used all of the cocaine, Prince Antares," Rapids said.

"I..." Principal Cinch's mouth flopped up and down like a fish and it took a few seconds for her to regain her bearings. "What... what are you three doing?"

"Easy, we're recording you threatening 'Ms. Sparkle' and blackmailing her while also withholding objects that are her private property. Now I'm sending the video to a girl who has the phone numbers of everyone in the entire school."

"I... You can't..." Cinch shakily raised a finger to me and gave me her best glare, but I could tell she knew she was in for it now. I could see traces of fear in her eyes. "Now... now you listen to me. If you send that video--"

"Done." I sighed happily and patted Rapids on the back. "Now all we have to do is wait."

We didn't have to wait long. Before Cinch could say anything else, the noise of cellphones buzzing began echoing through the night. The bleachers were filled with students who were looking down at their phones and watching the video that was the final nail in the coffin of Principal Cinch's career. There was no coming back from this. I even saw the Shadowbolts pull out their phones as they received the text. The best part, though, was seeing Cinch's front pocket light up as her phone received the video.

Keen.

I walked up to Principal Cinch and patted her on the shoulder. "Don't worry. I'm sure that this won't have horrible repercussions that will probably end with you losing your job or anything. On that matter, though, are you aware that this is a one party consent recording state? Because it totally is."

I pulled up another app on my phone and pressed play.

"But nothing! If you do not perform well in your next event, if you trip over your shoelaces, if a meteor hits by you and the Games are ruined then you can forget about your application to Everton! You can forget about that private lab you have in our school! You can forget about any special status! You are my prized student, Ms. Sparkle, but you will have no privileges if you interfere in a way that causes our defeat. You are on thin ice, and--"

"Yeah, I got that, too. I'm sure someone would be interested in hearing it. I think I heard about some superintendent of this school district? I mean there has to be one, right? You have a boss, I'm sure."

Cinch only stared at nothing in particular, her mouth open and her eye twitching. The Crystal Prep students were looking at her as if she'd say something to make it all go away, but that wasn't happening. All around us the students were talking among themselves about the video that Pinkie had just sent them. Yeah, I imagined that they wouldn't be talking about anything else for the rest of the school year. Finally, one student's voice cut through the din.

"See, Mom? I told you she was a cock!"

* * * *

And that was pretty much the end of that.

Crystal Prep was forced to forfeit the games, and from what I heard, the district's superintendent was thinking about whether or not they would even continue. I was pretty sure that they would, though. Now that the corrupt imbecile was out of the picture, the "friendship" part of the title would probably get a little more relevant.

And yeah, it didn't look like Cinch would be getting a job in education anytime soon. From what Celestia had tole me, she had been fired the next day. Twilight had managed to convince the superintendent that she hadn't really had magic in her scanner, so hopefully that stuck.

The most positive development, however, was probably the fact that the next Games would focus more in the "Friendship" part, and both schools would use it as a time for relationship building and friendly competition, not an excuse to wail on another school. I did actually feel a little bad for the Shadowbolts. I didn't think they were all bad people, just that they'd been fed lies by Cinch. Hopefully the next Games would prove to be more within the spirit of the event.

Overall, it seemed like everything had been a resounding success.

The next day saw the Mane Five, Sunset, Twilight, Sonata, Aria, Blaze, Rapids and I all sitting on the stairs of Canterlot High. Sunset was sitting next to Twilight, who was staring glumly at the ground, the magic scanner in her hands.

"So, it's been a wild few days, then," Sunset began, scooting closer to Twilight.

"Yeah, I guess," Twilight muttered.

"What are you going to do now?" Rainbow Dash asked. "You're probably not the most popular person in Crystal Prep right now."

"I wasn't really anyway, but yeah, it's not gotten any better. I'm probably just going to transfer here. My parents have been talking to Principal Celestia about it."

"We'd love to have you!" Pinkie said, sliding down the railing to sit on Twilight's other side. "We'll throw you a welcome party!"

"Let's maybe wait on that, Pinkie," Sunset said. "But yeah, you're totally welcome here, Twilight. You're joining an interesting group."

"So I've heard." She raised her head and for the first time in a while I saw the faint hint of a smile on her face. "So you three are from Equestria just like him, and you two used to be emotion-eating sirens?"

"Yep, sure were," Sonata said happily. "But we're much nicer now!"

"Yeah, I guess so," Aria grumbled.

"And we'd be happy to talk to you about that for any research you wanted to do," Sunset continued. "I'd avoid taking any more magic, but we've got some good stories if nothing else."

"I'm looking forward to it," Twilight replied, her smile widening slightly. "Thanks. I can't tell you how much this means to me."

"Any time, darling," Rarity said. "We're happy to have you."

The group sat in silence for a few more minutes while Twilight stared down at her scanner. I get that it would be hard to give up, but at the same time... I wanted to go home, and I know Blaze and Rapids did, too.

"Well, this has been a blast," I said, standing up and stretching. "But it really is time for us to head on out. Glad we could get you out from under the thumb of Principal Nasty there."

"I guess it will probably be better," Twilight admitted. "She always got me everything I needed, but it never came without some catch or condition that wasn't really for my benefit."

"Guess she was inflating her own ego through your own accomplishments." I shrugged as the group made its way over to the statue. "Either way, I look forward to hearing how things are going soon."

We reached the statue and I stepped aside to let Twilight get closer to it. She stared down at the scanner in her hand and took a shaky breath in. Sunset put a hand on her shoulder in a comforting gesture, which gave Twilight the strength to go through with it. She unclasped the scanner and opened it up. A blue ball of light flew out of it and straight into the statue. The portal flashed for a moment before fading away, leaving a normal statue there.

"Well, that's our cue, then," I said, moving closer to the statue. "See you all later, but hopefully under better circumstances."

With that, the three of us went back to Equestria.

* * * *

Gah it was great having wings and a horn again. Never thought I'd miss being a pony instead of a human, but that's how my life had gone lately. I landed outside of Canterlot Castle and made my way to Celestia's office, where, if I was right in my guess, she'd be there doing paperwork or something. A few of the guards and staff I passed by bowed to me and I nodded to them in return. I reached Celestia's office and peeked through the window, smiling when I saw her at her desk, her brow furrowed in that bizarrely cute manner when she's really focusing. I grabbed the door handle in my magic and pushed it open.

"Nobles being frustrating again?" I said as I opened the door.

Celestia turned to me with a smile and put her quill down on her desk. She stood up and walked over to me for a greeting nuzzle. "Always. How did things go in the human world? Is all well?"

"Probably better than when I showed up, if you can believe that. I found their world's version of Twilight, actually."

"Oh?" Celestia said with a raise of her eyebrow. "How was she?"

"Well, I found out how Twilight would have turned out if she had a controlling nag as a teacher instead of you. Not very well, as it turns out. She's just as smart, but the principal there..." I took a deep breath and shook my head.

"She was a cock."

Author's Note:

Sorry it took so long to update this. I'm not sure what I'll do with this going forward, since I'm not sure why Antares and the gang would go with the school to Camp Everfree. If I think of something good I'll totally write it, though.